<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.8 out of 100
Based on 225 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Well suited scenarios include IT portfolio management, project portfolio management, enterprise architecture planning, modeling of business capabilities, using standard frameworks that ship out of the box such as TOGAF, and integration with SharePoint.Less appropriate scenarios would be detailed data modeling and using the tool expecting to get model drive code execution.
I know Lucidchart can be used for a variety of things, but I have really only used the platform to map out our business process maps. I find it super simple to map out high-level and detailed process maps. For an organization that's very helpful since it helps the readers find their way around all the information found in the maps.Before starting my job, my organization didn't use any process map platform. Since we started using Lucidchart, lots of the employees have also started using it to help them with their day to day tasks.
- Customisable meta-model that allows you to focus on areas of interest, cut out the clutter, and grow organically as requirements arise.
- Integration to third party products such as SharePoint, and export/import with Excel feature makes getting information in and out really easy.
- Reporting and analytics, and impact analysis are simple using the built-in features as well as ABACUS intelligence and/or integration to third party analytics tools.
- Clear and easy to understand - can easily zoom in or click certain sections for adding information
- Great for collaboration - you can see the other user's mouse if they are working on the same sheet
- Personalized - you can easily add additional sections/notes within the flowcharts
- More standard connectors for integration with other modeling tools could be beneficial for companies having legacy tools/fragmented toolsets.
- Better automated diagramming features would be useful.
- Provide[s] a built-in document editor much like Google Docs. Right now we link out to Google Docs for documentation. Would be easier if there was a robust editor within the tool.
- More templates would help. I used one [of the] templates to start off but some more examples would help me take different pathways that I might not have thought of.
- Change page sizing from left or right side (vs only growing from right side and the top as it stands now)
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 69 answers
Whether you're a Visio Savant or someone brand new to Chart development Lucidchart is for you. It can be picked up and used quickly at whatever skill level with how intuitive it is. The collaboration capability is easy as well so a newer user can share with a more experienced colleague to pick up where they left off and apply more advanced capabilities to produce a more polished document.
Avolution ABACUS 9.0
Based on 1 answer
Based on 80 answers
Have not had many issues thus far that required escalation which is a good sign. I believe there are also forums and FAQs available if we have specific questions and need to look them up. Generally as [Lucidchart] is more for visuals and less for dynamic logic or animations it is pretty straightforward to use.
Manager in Product ManagementInformation Services Company, 51-200 employees
More flexible and user friendly interface.Better customization enables organisations to grow based on their maturity and requirementsAvolution is highly rated on Gartner and Forrester reviews
I haven't used any of the competitors because Lucidchart is my go to program when it comes to this category, there is simply nothing like this! Its amazing how fast, easy and quick this program is! I will continue to use it for many more years i hope! Its great!
Employee in OtherHigher Education Company, 1-10 employees
Return on Investment
- Enabled rationalization of IT portfolio to save costs
- Supporting of strategic planning of EA and IT initiatives
- It's a fast product to learn and use which has saved us considerable time compared to previous methods, potentially in the realm of 20% in terms of time saved when mapping projects.
- Because of its collaborative features, getting tasks signed off and approved by clients is much quicker than trying to do so via email tennis.
- It strengthens our proposals and documents considerably now that we can demonstrate visually how our proposed services will come together.
LucidchartSee All (4) Lucidchart Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Avolution ABACUS Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Lucidchart Editions & Modules
- per month
- per user/per month