What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
As indicated in previous answers: less suitable for 'automated' processes
Consultant in OtherInformation Technology and Services Company, 51-200 employees
Feature Rating Comparison
Business rules engine
Support for modeling languages
Social collaboration tools
- It is a very low cost platform. You can start with open-source edition which is free and with the application number growth upgrade to subscription editions for more features and support. Subscription editions are still not expensive compared to bigger players platforms.
- It offers a great UI designer tool for rapid building process forms and web applications.
- It gives a lot of flexibility and extensibility. It comes with features like built-in connectors, convenient API, and a web portal. You can add your own connectors, extend the API and customize the portal for your own needs.
- The BPM API system has no security and all authenticated users can access data with no restrictions. This can impact data security across different departments.
- You have no option to deploy processes directly from Bonita Studio in the production environment.
- Security for Bonita's Java API system should also be reviewed. Normal users should not have the possibility to access engine information.
Based on 2 answers
Engine itself is efficient enough for most cases I dealt with. It can also be extended by clustering. I have done performance tests with JMeter and only managed to induce the crash of... JMeter. If there are efficiency issues they usually concern bad design/implementation of created apps or bottlenecks in integrated systems. Although I have met two cases with efficiency loss.
1. Java 7 related PermGen saturation caused by big number of installed apps (there is no jar dependency reusal between apps option).
2. Big number of waiting event handlers in processes stresses the database.
Based on 1 answer
Resolution time is sometimes slow
Engineer in Information TechnologyInformation Technology and Services Company, 501-1000 employees
Based on 4 answers
Bonita BPM is simpler to use, development is faster and you don't have to write complicated codes to develop processes.
Based on 10 answers
With Bonita, a company can use connectors to communicate with the external world. Several connectors are already supplied and you can develop new ones if necessary. BonitaSoft can scale out over 1,000 requests per second, and you can scale the machine hosting the Bonitasoft solution to adapt it depending on the number of processes you run in parallel.
Project Manager in Information TechnologyBroadcast Media Company, 201-500 employees
Return on Investment
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?