What users are saying about
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.4 out of 101
Based on 184 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Buffer is NOT trying to be all things to all men in the way that many tools are. I think the approach of 'keeping it simple' means that it is attractive to many as a starting point. I recommend it to businesses just starting out with social schedule especially those with 10 or fewer employees or with only a handful of profiles to manage. Once you start to want more functionality or have a greater number of profiles to manage I would recommend upgrading to something more powerful.
Feature Rating Comparison
Content planning and scheduling
Campaign success analytics
Role-based user permissions & privileges
- Scheduling: In social media it is critical to post regular updates but not become that annoying person or business that posts the days or even weeks updates back to back and appears spammy. Buffer allows users to pre-set times and dates in advance or on the spot for posts that are being placed in the feeder. For example: I have a new company blog I want to share. I open buffer queue and enter my status update. Then I can chose where I want to post it (FB, Twitter, G+ page, LI) and next I can pick a time and date. I can also change it up and schedule the Twitter update for noon today, the FB update for 4pm tomorrow and the LI update for Monday at 9am based on my audience behavior. In the remaining time I can schedule generic posts to appear engaged.
- Reporting: The weekly and monthly report is awesome. It is very detailed, easy to understand. The free version has a report as well but it is not as detailed as obviously the paid version.
- Price: You cannot beat the price from a company or honestly even a personal standpoint. It is extremely affordable for the service you receive in addition to their amazing customer service.
- Customer Service: They are by far some of the best in the world when it comes to customer service and appreciation. Even if you use their free app they still answer your questions or concerns with lightning speed and such a friendliness that you can't possibly leave upset. Their mission is to provide the best and more and they achieved it.
- I personally wish they would integrate Tumblr and Google profiles. I understand there are limitations but I have hope they will overcome whatever is holding them back.
- Facebook suggestions is another hope I have. Currently they only offer content suggestions that can be posted for Twitter and LinkedIn.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 11 answers
It's incredibly affordable ($10/month as of 5/2014) and the company blog is so comprehensive, I would pay $10/month just for their latest posts. Very helpful for product, inbound and content marketers
Based on 1 answer
Based on 1 answer
Buffer keeps things simple. It took a highly sought after feature (social scheduling) and unbundled it from the more complex social tools out there
Return on Investment
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?