Likelihood to Recommend
It is a lifesaver when it comes to managing different social media channels for various departments in one place. The approval process is exactly what we're looking for. Buffer is great for larger groups of people who would like to manage multiple social media channels. If you don't plan to post often, have a number of people who will post or only want to focus on one channel, this may not be necessary for you. If your main channel focus is Instagram, I don't think Buffer is the best place for that.
Manager in MarketingHigher Education Company, 201-500 employees
Feature Rating Comparison
Content planning and scheduling
Campaign success analytics
Role-based user permissions & privileges
- Simple to set up, add accounts, and get started. The barrier to entry for social media users/managers at all levels is fairly low, leading to greater adoption within the organization. I've had experience with other tools with many more bells and whistles but required a fair amount of training to take advantage of them. This boils things down to what we really need to keep our social media activity consistent.
- Takes the guesswork out of scheduling. Figuring out when to share content, and how often, can take significant time. I like the Buffer queue feature that enables you to set a schedule once for each of your accounts, and then just drop new content in and not worry about whether there are holes in your calendar.
- Adding content for multiple profiles at once. It's nice to be able to compose a message and quickly schedule it to go out on multiple profiles with a couple of clicks/minor adaptations. I use this feature regularly and it saves a lot of time vs. having to schedule for profiles individually.
- I personally wish they would integrate Tumblr and Google profiles. I understand there are limitations but I have hope they will overcome whatever is holding them back.
- Facebook suggestions is another hope I have. Currently they only offer content suggestions that can be posted for Twitter and LinkedIn.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 11 answers
Ease of use, affordability, time saved and just love for the app and the team. It's not a miracle tool that will suddenly increase your company's value or leads, you still need to put in quality posts, thoughts and content but when used regularly and with thought, you'll be happy in the long run
Based on 1 answer
Based on 1 answer
Return on Investment
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?