Buffer Reviews

Whitney Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 21, 2020

Buffer is great for a small Social Media team

Buffer is utilized by our Marketing team at a small, private university. We use Buffer to schedule posts in advance to keep our social media platforms thriving and we also use it to measure our success via the analytics features it offers. It addresses our need to be active and stand out on social media, especially in a very competitive market for higher education. It is a great tool that allows us to have social media planned out while other things are going on so we never have to worry if we have missed a post or not.
  • Distinguishing platforms: By far one of my favorite features on Buffer is the ability to customize posts for different social media accounts. This makes it easy to start with the same base post and then optimize it for each platform. Captions usually need to be shortened for Twitter, and we generally add more hashtags to our Instagram posts. Buffer makes it easy to accomplish this while still only having to make the post once.
  • Optimized timing: Buffer helps pick optimal times for your posts to go through, which is a great feature if you don't already have a specific time in mind.
  • Expensive Analytics: The upgrade you need to access your analytics is quite expensive, and I have come across other tools that provide the same or even more for a lesser priced plan.
  • No Media Library: The one feature I have found on another social media planning tool that I wish Buffer had is a media library. This allows you to upload photos you aren't using right away to have them readily available when you do decide to use them. This is not a feature in Buffer.
Buffer is one of the best social media management tools out there, particularly for its cost. Our team used the Pro Plan for just $15 a month which allows you to connect up to eight social media accounts, which was more than enough for us. A larger company might need to look into a higher cost plan, but small marketing teams can absolutely utilize this plan for $15. Buffer is great for scheduling social media in advance and keeping your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts thriving.
Read Whitney Knight's full review
Frankie Heath | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Use Buffer! It's Sweet!

Currently, Buffer is being used alongside AirTable (Content Calendar) to schedule and publish 80-90% of the social media that our university puts out. As of right now, it is only being used by our marketing department as we are the only department that has control of the main university social media accounts. The business problem that it addresses for us is the fact that we are a small department that wears multiple hats at any given moment and it allows us to be able to schedule our social media out ahead of time.
  • It allows multiple social platforms to be used at once. For our university specifically, we have Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram that we use as our main accounts and it allows us to be able to post and custom tailor to each one of these social media platforms.
  • Buffer also has a pretty robust analytics section of the site (paid) that allows users to see details about the posts we have going up and the interactions we are having with them. This allows us to make educated decisions in regard to our social media planning and strategy.
  • With the exception of the paid analytics portion of Buffer, it is honestly cost-effective for us. It offers more for the dollar amount than any other social media scheduling platform that we have used in the past.
  • One of the biggest areas for us that buffer has some room for improvement is with Instagram. It does not always automatically push to Instagram and we have to manually do it once the post attempts to go up automatically.
  • I would also like to see an area built into Buffer that is similar to AirTable. We use AirTable to plan out our calendar of social posts and content. It would be nice to have it as an all-in-one platform.
  • Another small area that I would have different about buffer would be to have different tiers of pricing for the analytics portion of the platform. As a small university, it is hard for us to justify paying the $50 per month price tag for our analytics.
Buffer is perfect if you are a company looking to be able to have regularly scheduled social posts go up. It allows the company to be able to create a cadence of posts for any given campaign. It works mainly for us when it comes to having things scheduled out because it is our goal to have at least one post per day. Buffer helps us achieve that since we are a small department of only two.

It would be less appropriate for a company that does not have the need to plan out a cadence of posts and they are more organically driven social. It is also not suited for social media stories.
I gave it a 7 because we didn't have to use it much, but when we did we were able to receive the help that we needed in a timely manner. One thing I do like about buffer support is that you are able to access through facebook messenger. It is a nice feature for quick responses to simple questions.
Read Frankie Heath's full review
Andrew Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

For bulk posting across multiple social profiles, very effective.

We use Buffer to post our social content out to our profiles to save us some time and to make sure our content is consistent. In fairness, our social media work is not breath taking but for what we need, Buffer is great and was not cost prohibitive. Some limitations but generally quite good.
  • Posting to multiple social channels at once saves a lot of time.
  • Good list of social channels to connect to.
  • Pricing is quite good vs. competitors.
  • Disconnects to social profiles occasionally.
  • Just redid their user interface and it is harder to plan monthly content.
  • Can't tag users in some social platforms.
If you needed a utility that could allow you to post to several social channels at once, Buffer is as good as anything else on the market. There might be better ways in general to handle your social media but if bulk uploading is what you need, this is a good option.
Read Andrew Knight's full review
Collin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

Stop wasting time and Buffer your business.

We use Buffer to quickly lay out a week or two worth of social posts in advanced so that we don't waste time during the week. Buffer also analyzes the open rate so we know when to schedule them for max reach.
  • Buffer is quick and easy to use. Scheduling posts out across multiple platforms is much simpler than in any of the competitors.
  • Pablo, its quote generator is also a great and easy tool to use for growing an audience
  • The price jumps between tiers makes it somewhat hard to justify going up in price.
I always recommend Buffer to organizations as a timesaver. The ability to schedule posts for 3 different networks and customize it to each network is fantastic. The free option is perfect for small organizations with only 3-4 networks.
Read Collin Berg's full review
Heather Robinette, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Buffer is Perfect for SMBs

Buffer has a great freemium model that makes it perfect for small companies to large companies. I started using Buffer at my last company to schedule posts on all of our social media accounts. It was really easy to use and I really like how the scheduling feature was setup. They make it less cluttered and easier to read than some of the other platforms. After leaving, I ended up using it for my personal social media accounts. I use it to schedule posts around marketing. Through Buffer I have been able to help develop my personal brand and really create a strong social media presence. I love Buffer!
  • Makes it easy to schedule posts across multiple platforms.
  • Makes it easy to share content from the source.
  • I can't always tag other pages.
  • Recommended tags like LinkedIn provides would be helpful.
I think Buffer is a great scheduling tool for anyone. I have found it particularly helpful for smaller companies as that is where I've personally used it. It allows you to manage all of your scheduling in one place. There are paid versions with more features, but it still isn't over the top like some of the others. For smaller companies, you really don't need them. They are nice to have, but not a need to have.
Read Heather Robinette, MBA's full review
Ben Caplan | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2020

An excellent tool for any business/individual who uses social media

Currently, We are using Buffer to manage our social media content and posting schedule. We are also using it to narrow down our link tracking and post success rate. It isn't being used in a single department per se, more or less it is being used across the entire organization. With Buffer, we're able to address the problem of sporadic social media posting coupled with inadequate information regarding posting success and link clicks.
  • User-friendly.
  • Powerful reports.
  • Limited Instagram integration.
  • No mention, hashtag or search monitoring.
For any individual, small business, or even large enterprise, this tool is ideal if you're looking to increase your social media posting regularity, in addition to your analytics. If you're looking for something that will generate its own content to share, this might not be the tool for you. But if you're looking for something that will allow you to customize a posting schedule, track the success of your posts, and manage multiple platforms within one. This is the one for you!
Read Ben Caplan's full review
John Whelan | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 13, 2020

Make it easy to manage your social media with Buffer!

We are a team of 7 people. Two members use Buffer with, at times, the support of volunteers. As a non-profit organization, the benefit of using Buffer is the time it saves and its cost. We can program our Social Media posts for a period of time very quickly, and another Buffer add ons such as Pablo by Buffer, allow us to design our material for Buffer with ease.
  • It simplifies the process of programming social media posts via automation.
  • It allows the user to design posts for social media easily.
  • At times it's hard to keep up with all the new releases, updates, and add on's. More engagement from Buffer to the end would help.
  • An online storage of images used, which can be used for future posts.
I have used Buffer in small teams (up to 10 people), and Buffer works excellent. It is easy to use for team members; the learning curve is short and priced very well. It is ideal for any solo-entrepreneur or small teams. The ability and ease of programming a large number of posts well into the future are key benefits.
Read John Whelan's full review
Andrew Folts | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

A decent social media scheduler with a free tier and advanced features

I use Buffer to schedule social media posts for a range of content. I create content on a daily basis, but I normally don't finish it until later in the day (at which point it's too late to post), so Buffer allows me to publish it the next day at the time of my choosing.
  • The UI is pretty simple and straightforward.
  • I love that there's a free tier.
  • I can't use Instagram with Buffer because the mobile app isn't compatible with iPhone 5.
  • The pricing is super-steep for analytics and reply.
It's ok. I liked the interface better than Hootsuite and Buffer has a free tier, which is great while I'm building an audience and not generating profit. I don't love it though and the field is wide open for a better competitor.
Read Andrew Folts's full review
Len Gordon | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 01, 2020

The go-to tool to grow your business's social media presence

I use Buffer for my own social media scheduling for my blogs posts and also for my clients and our organisation's social content.
  • Easy to set up and use.
  • Connect to other social media tools such Quuu.
  • Maybe adding all there features into one affordable plan.
  • More social media platforms added.
I will always recommend Buffer to anyone who is looking to grow their presence on social media and needs a go-to tool.
Buffer simply act fast and do not leave you hanging
Read Len Gordon's full review
April 08, 2020

Great for nonprofits!

Buffer is used in the nonprofit I work for by the marketing team and a few volunteers. We needed software that could schedule content on a few platforms (Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn) while still being affordable.
  • 50% discount for nonprofits
  • The basic plan is very reasonable and so suitable for small budgets.
  • Great UI
  • Simple and easy to use
  • Great analytics
  • As you need more features like "community management" and "analyze", Buffer becomes quite expensive.
Buffer is suitable for organizations of any size. The reason for this is because certain elements are split up for Buffer. This means if you cannot afford the analyze feature or don't want to use it then you don't have to pay for it.
March 13, 2020

Fantastic UI and very easy to use

I use Buffer as a small business. Upon looking at other competitors, Buffer has been the best small business option. The starter plan is only $15 and the various features of Buffer are split up in terms of cost. This means we don't need to pay for what we don't use.
  • Social Media scheduling
  • Analytics
  • Community management
  • Workflow management
  • It can become very costly if you add all the features together.
For a small business or business wanting to use only certain features, Buffer is perfect. The user experience is great and far superior to any of Buffer's competitors. I find it easy to use and all in all a great software.
February 27, 2020

Buffer - no nonsense strategy implementation.

Buffer is used across the whole organization as a way to manage, upload, and schedule social media for our clients. It helps us manage our workflow, avoid task bottlenecks as well as analyze our outputs so that we may best adapt our strategy for our clients online. The Instagram stories analysis and report system allow us to adjust our strategies according to where its strengths and weaknesses are.
  • Good multi-platform scheduling option
  • Easy to track scheduled content in one place
  • If you want to change a post that has been scheduled across a few social platforms, you can't. This is a feature I would like to see updated.
  • Sometimes scrolling down to see what has been scheduled is tedious. I would like to see a calendar view.
Buffer is well suited if your client is new to you and not well-versed in the technological sides of social media. It is intuitive and straightforward, which makes it a breeze for most people to use. This is a feature that is well appreciated. It is less appropriate if you have many clients for whom you are managing multiple platforms. The layout is simple, and it can feel restrictive.
February 13, 2020

Good, but could be improved

Buffer is used by the marketing department for the purpose of scheduling digital marketing content on multiple social media channels with the idea of optimizing for most engagement even when the team is not working. For example, when we need to schedule for when people are commuting and most likely on their phones but also when our team is not at work.
  • Great for posting on multiple social media channels from the same platform.
  • Visibility to posts performance allowing for optimizations.
  • Issues with Instagram integration.
  • Limited analytics for the free version.
It is a good tool to use when you want to manage all social media channels from the same place. It saves time so that smaller digital teams to be able to focus on other marketing efforts.
January 16, 2020

Best for Individuals

I have been using Buffer to schedule posts for my social media management clients. Buffer creates an easy way for me to manage multiple clients in one location while separating each of the pages to easily differentiate between them all. It also saves me from having to use multiple systems because it has the ability to save hashtags so I don't have to keep a separate Excel spreadsheet or use another tool to do that.
  • Keeps track of hashtags so you don't have to store them in a separate spreadsheet.
  • Creates ease by providing the ability to schedule posts in advance.
  • Separates each platform so you can view posts separately from each other.
  • Not able to post to multiple pages at one time.
  • No easy way to reuse old content.
  • I don't like how you have to pay for each section of the buffer separately. I understand some people may not use those sections and it makes more sense financially, but for those of us who do it doesn't make much sense.
  • I wish you could separate by the company so you can easily identify which pages belong to which client if you are an agency like I am.
I think Buffer is well suited for a company that is just looking to manage it's own social media platforms. If you are an agency looking to manage multiple platforms for multiple clients, this is not the best platform for you. It does have some useful features (the hashtag storage), but overall it would create more difficulty in doing daily activities than it would be helpful.
March 18, 2020

I love Buffer!

I have used Buffer for our clients' profiles. It is a great social media scheduling software with affordable pricing. Some of our nonprofit clients get a 30% discount, which really helps them. Buffer helps improve the effectiveness of social media content, provides analytics, and saves time.
  • Social Media Scheduling
  • Analytics
  • Reporting
  • When you need all the features of buffer it gets very expensive.
Buffer is a great option for small businesses and nonprofits. Nonprofits get a discount of 15% and small businesses can use the starter plan of $15, which is very affordable considering how much time it saves. However, for agencies, Agora Pulse is a better option, but much more expensive.
Alicia Meyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 25, 2019

Buffs Out Posting Problems

Buffer is used by varied departments across our university, and nearly every residence life staff member uses it for social media for their facility. It allows us to schedule social media posts in advance to create consistent posting patterns, a significant challenge for chaotic jobs without formal offices or office hours. Additionally, because residence hall directors have high turnover, Buffer enables us to schedule posts during the transition time until a new director is in place. Finally, it enables us to post similar or the same content across multiple accounts easily, another bonus of the software in the way we use it.
  • Buffer connects multiple platforms well, linking Twitter and Facebook especially well.
  • Buffer is quick to respond to industry innovations, adding scheduled Instagram posts as soon as it was available.
  • Buffer's free access proves useful to budget-conscious departments and employers.
  • Buffer communicates with Instagram, but only for business accounts. Because most of our accounts are qualified as personal, not business, this missing functionality poses a problem.
  • Buffer easily schedules Facebook and Twitter, but there's no way to type the post once and select both platforms. I would like to see these more connected.
  • I would like Buffer to make it easier to link multiple Facebook pages or Twitter accounts to the same email.
Buffer is helpful for scheduled posts and accounts that don't need to respond to current events and controversies. It proves useful for event reminders, information sharing, and repeated themes (Throwback Thursday, Woke Wednesday, etc.). It allows me to post when my users are most engaged with the platforms, even if I am away from my phone or computer.
Read Alicia Meyer's full review
Michelle Green Arnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

Your social strategy can buff up with Buffer

I currently use our Buffer account to schedule news, event info, and fundraisers across our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.) It's as easy to push in-the-moment happenings as it is to schedule posts in advance, and it works well on my computer and my Android device, so it really meets all of my posting needs regardless of where I am or what I'm sharing.
  • The Chrome Extension-- I LOVE being able to navigate to, say, a blog post I want to share later today or an event page I want to share next week, then click the little Buffer button on my browser window and write/schedule unique posts for each of our social media channels. It's so convenient.
  • Scheduling (and rescheduling)-- The interface from the Buffer website itself is really great for scheduling posts to go out to different channels at different times (custom or pre-selected), and also to reorganize the order and timing of your posts on each channel, as needed.
  • Re-Buffer-- You can see your top performing posts and easily "re-buffer" them to use in the future. So helpful!
  • Analytics-- The analytics on the Pro plan are limited at best. You can simply review your posts from the past 30 days, but you can't access any analysis (or even simple tallying of Likes, Shares, etc.) without upgrading to the Premium or Business plans, which are otherwise more than we need at the moment.
  • Publish+Reply+Analyze-- It's a bit tedious to have these basic social media functions/tools separated out as three distinct products, as well as overkill for a small nonprofit without a dedicated social media team. I imagine each tool is good at its job if you need 'em.
  • Linking to Accounts-- Buffer seems to lose touch with Facebook and LinkedIn somewhat frequently. It's vaguely annoying but very simple to fix, so I just roll with it.
As far as Buffer Pro goes, I'd recommend it for small shops that want to maintain their social following and have a simple, easy-to-use way to share updates, sell event tickets, and invite donations and volunteers. If you're a actively growing brand where engagement and analytics are high priorities, I'd recommend trying Buffer's other plans and tools. Their free trials are great!
Read Michelle Green Arnson's full review
Susan Hammiche | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

All in one place social media publishing tool

Buffer is used as a scheduling tool to make posts on our social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It is used by the marketing department to keep track and stay organized in scheduling posts and review analytics for those posts. It simplifies the use of social media for our company.
  • Post the same content across different channels with a few clicks.
  • Scheduling posts ahead of time for the whole week for example.
  • Integration with many platforms makes it easy to review how posts have been performing.
  • Provides an app so you can everything on the go as well.
  • The Instagram scheduling still doesn't work for us and never has, it always gives an error.
  • The pricing structure is not clear and some features have hidden added costs.
  • Free version is now more limited than it was before.
If the company has several social media channels like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, this platform is ideal to schedule and publish posts rather than logging in to each of those and manually adding posts. While some social media channels let you schedulein advance, Buffer can do it for all of them when you prepare your posts. It is well suited to keep track of your social media. If teh company is not really active on social media and doesn't use any of those channels for advertising, it will not be very useful to have buffer.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
Maddy Osman | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 06, 2020

The best social media management tool for ensuring that you always have something to post

I use Buffer for scheduling social media - both for my own social channels and for those of clients. Buffer makes it possible to add new content to a "queue" so that I can make sure to send something out even if I don't add a specific date or time (though I can set daily posting times for a sense of control over posting).
  • Queue-based social content scheduling.
  • Useful analytics data for determining content strategy.
  • Reduce the gap between the cost of your lowest-paid plan and business plans with much-improved features.
  • Bring back insights about a social account's most impactful posting times.
Buffer is a great tool for anyone who plans social media content — from individual freelancers to businesses, to agencies. If you have the budget, you can cover all of your social media marketing needs with just this one tool. Buffer's main strength is in scheduling but it also has expanded to offer useful functionality around analytics and customer service.
Read Maddy Osman's full review
Brian Spatz | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

Buffer, the only social media scheduler you'll ever need

Buffer has been an excellent tool for myself and other users in my organization. Buffer helps us better manage our various social media accounts across departments/ministries. We use Buffer to schedule social media posts to a variety of platforms and varying times. The main problem it helped us address the need for consistency in our online presence. Prior to Buffer, during a busy week, we often would forget to post to our social media due to time constraints. Buffer has helped us immensely in scheduling posts in advance and allowing it to post to a schedule that best suits the needs in our organization.
  • Scheduling social media posts
  • Managing multiple social media accounts
  • Provide great analytics on social media posts through Buffer
  • Scheduling not as easy as other platforms.
  • Unable to resize images within application when they are outside the constrained limits.
  • Scheduling on your smartphone and online platform is a different experience for the user.
One of the top applications when it comes to managing social media across platforms. It has been of great use for us to manage nearly 10 social media accounts in our organization. If you desire an online presence on Facebook - it allows you to schedule posts to both Facebook groups and Facebook pages. On Instagram, it allows you to schedule to various accounts. It also, has options for Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Read Brian Spatz's full review
Rachel Moenning | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 20, 2019

Buffer: Top Social Scheduling Software

I am a freelance social media manager who uses Buffer to schedule posts for my clients. It helps us strategically plan our social content and not have to worry about manually posting multiple times per week.
  • The layout of Buffer is super user-friendly! I especially love the calendar view. It does everything I need it too without cluttering my windows.
  • Buffer's app integration is exceptional and sends push notifications if connections to social accounts ever break, or if my queue is empty.
  • Their plan options are great and it's easy to upgrade when the need arises.
  • I'd like to see the calendar view option for the free version. I understand having premium-only options like analytics, replying, etc., but the queue should have multiple views.
  • There are a few bugs that I've noticed recently in composing a post where the cursor will jump around, making it hard sometimes to write a post quickly.
  • You used to be able to tag Instagram profiles, but now that functionality is no longer available. It definitely adds more time having to manually go to Instagram to find the profile rather than just having it in Buffer. I wish that option returned.
It's scheduling capabilities and ease of use is superior to most other scheduling apps! Its prices are also very comparable. I can't think of a situation where it isn't appropriate.
Read Rachel Moenning's full review
Stephen Steinberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 17, 2019

Buffer Is A Great Choice For Social Media Management With A Lean Team

We've used Buffer for years now, on and off, to manage the posting on various social media platforms. Their pricing model has changed over the years- the biggest change being that posting, responding and reporting has been broken up into three different categories that you can subscribe into for a monthly fee. But throughout all the changes Buffer has been essentially a dashboard of our social media presence.
  • Posting onto various social media platforming and still having a full set of features as if you were on the platform natively- tagging other accounts, posting pics, etc
  • Being able to filter out mentions and potential responses based on what you prioritize and respond accordingly
  • Simple onboarding
  • We liked it better when all features -- posting, replying, reporting -- were all in one paid subscription. But I understand why they changed it.
  • They could make it easier what features are included in what pricing tier.
  • Better integrations within reporting to try and better track ROI for ecommerce sites.
If you want an all-in-one dashboard of your social media profiles and you manage it yourself, Buffer is probably for you. It's budget-friendly. Even if you don't manage your profiles yourself, you can give a social media manager user access to your account so you can oversee their work and progress towards your goals, and even step in as necessary.
Read Stephen Steinberg's full review
Dmitry Kornyukhov | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 12, 2019

Every social media manager's dream!

Every social media manager has this constant pain - the organization has too many social media accounts that need to be managed somehow. Buffer does just that - helps us save time by using their excellent platform to organize all our social media campaigns in one place. The results are quite brilliant, we save time, improve consistency and allows the ability to reach more people.
  • Excellent interface.
  • Affordable pricing for small organizations.
  • Great scheduling tools.
  • Integration with popular social media sites.
  • Our only complaint is that we can't use the functionality that Twitter offers, including polls, gifs, location sharing, etc.
Buffer can be used by anyone, from small, one-person organizations to huge corporations. We love that they're priced accordingly and that they help us grow our social media presence without paying a fortune. Buffer will be particularly useful for people who want to save time on social media while having full control of their social media presence.
Read Dmitry Kornyukhov's full review
Kelsi Robertson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

Good tool for basic social scheduling

I use Buffer as a scheduling tool on a few clients for Facebook and Instagram only. I do not use their reporting features.
  • Ease of scheduling
  • List view is helpful in some cases
  • Sometimes I prefer a calendar view
  • Sometimes glitchy when uploading photos
  • No ability to preview a post
Buffer is a great basic social media scheduling tool. It has a few bells and whistles without over-complicating the user interface. I do notice some glitches with posts not being published correctly. I also wish there was the ability to preview posts within the platform, as well as the ability to tagg other brands.
Read Kelsi Robertson's full review
Bryan McAnulty | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 25, 2019

Great, simple software for auto-scheduling social media posts

Buffer allows us to plan and schedule our social media effectively. Being a small company, we sometimes need to cover multiple roles. Allowing design and marketing to batch tasks together and build out a bunch of social media posts for the month and then schedule once saves us a lot of time and helps us stay consistent in reaching our audience. We still add posts in real time when needed, but without buffer we'd be spending a lot more time on something we don't need to.
  • Helps us schedule social posts across 10 different social media accounts
  • Makes creating posts easier since we can simply login to buffer, instead of logging in and posting in each service
  • Provides basic analytics so we can see a birds eye view of post performance
  • We use Buffer's Publish product. While it has basic analytics, we wish it had more. We'd be willing to pay more for it, but not as much as it costs to add-on their Buffer Analyze product.
  • As mentioned above, we are currently not using the Buffer Analyze product. It is difficult for us to really grasp what it provides from what is displayed on the Buffer website. There doesn't seem to be a single screenshot of the Analyze product at the time of me writing this review.
  • The UI is fine, but is starting to feel a little dated when used on desktop displays, as the interface is quite narrow.
Buffer is a simple and easy to recommend solution for scheduling social media posts. We've used it for awhile and we feel that it is a tool we can rely on. If you are only managing a single Facebook, Instagram and Twitter account, for a new brand, you may not need this tool just yet. Overall we believe it saves marketers and designers time so that they can focus on more big picture work instead of constant interruption from the need to set up another social media post quickly.
Read Bryan McAnulty's full review

Content planning and scheduling (44)
Content optimization (40)
Workflow management (35)
Campaign success analytics (41)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (33)
Mobile access (41)

About Buffer

According to the vendor, Buffer is an intuitive streamlined social media management platform trusted by brands, businesses, agencies, and individuals to help drive meaningful engagement and results on social media. The company has a suite of products for publishing, engagement, analytics, and team collaboration. Products are carefully considered and highly refined in order to help social media marketers and teams work more efficiently and effectively.

Buffer is a team of real people, aligned in common values. Being a Buffer customer should feel like you have a whole team of people cheering for you. We want to see you succeed on social!

Buffer Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Does not have featureBoolean keyword searches
Does not have featureFiltering out noise/spam
Does not have featureSentiment analysis
Does not have featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Does not have featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Does not have featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Does not have featureCustomer interaction histories
Does not have featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Does not have featureLead generation
Does not have featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Does not have featurePinterest
Does not have featureYouTube
Reporting/analytics Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Does not have featureReal-time tracking
Does not have featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access
Has featureIntegration with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+
Has featureCustomization of messages for each social media platform
Has featureSuggested media from content that would be shared
Has featureInstagram grid preview
Has featureAbility to pause social media schedule and publishing
Has featureList or calendar view of scheduled social media posts
Has featureEmail notifications of successful posts, failed posts, and empty queue
Has featureBrowser extensions to share from anywhere across the web
Has featureContent Inbox of RSS feeds
Has featureInstagram direct scheduling

Buffer Screenshots

Buffer Integrations

Salesformics, UpContent, Zapier, IFTTT, Followerwonk, CoSchedule, Mention, Rival IQ, Feedly, Pocket, Bulk Buffer, Quuu

Buffer Competitors

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes

Here are the prices of our various plans: Pro: $15/month Small Business: $99/month Medium Business: $199/month Large Business: $399/month Enterprise: Feel free to get in touch with us at onboarding@buffer.com. All plans can be paid on either a monthly or yearly basis. If you choose to pay yearly, you would receive a 15% discount, which works out to be approximately two months free per year.

Buffer Customer Size Distribution