Buffer is a social sharing tool. When browsing content, clicking on the Buffer icon automatically stores the content and schedules posts to social media channels throughout the day.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/UQ/j0/5VK122T333JZ.JPEGAs simple and straightforward as it gets for social media schedulingWe use Buffer for social media scheduling and management within my unit, as part of a shared account across several units in the organization. After our Hootsuite Enterprise contract ran out, we were looking for a cost-effective solution that could help with basic management of about 20 social accounts total. We reviewed a few different tools, including Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and Tweetdeck, before deciding that Buffer was the simplest solution at the best price.,Simple to set up, add accounts, and get started. The barrier to entry for social media users/managers at all levels is fairly low, leading to greater adoption within the organization. I've had experience with other tools with many more bells and whistles but required a fair amount of training to take advantage of them. This boils things down to what we really need to keep our social media activity consistent. Takes the guesswork out of scheduling. Figuring out when to share content, and how often, can take significant time. I like the Buffer queue feature that enables you to set a schedule once for each of your accounts, and then just drop new content in and not worry about whether there are holes in your calendar. Adding content for multiple profiles at once. It's nice to be able to compose a message and quickly schedule it to go out on multiple profiles with a couple of clicks/minor adaptations. I use this feature regularly and it saves a lot of time vs. having to schedule for profiles individually.,Custom tracking. When sharing to multiple profiles, it's nice to be able to include different tracked links for each profile. By default, Buffer doesn't make this very easy - the standard campaign is just set to 'buffer', which can make traffic difficult to differentiate if you forget to create a unique link. Media editing. Images and videos are simple to upload and edit, but I do wish there was some more customization available to ensure that you select the right size for a given network. I've also run into cases where an image I thought I'd uploaded wasn't actually shared along with the post. Account management. We ran into an issue within our organization where we realized that not all our accounts were actually included within the Pro plan (vs. the free plan) because of it was required that our account administrator add the accounts. This may make sense in general, but was an issue for our organization with several distinct business units. Enabling more flexibility/permission levels for users would be nice. Account disconnection. Buffer seems to 'lose' its connection to LinkedIn often, which may be more of a problem with the LinkedIn API than with the software, but it's a pain to have to re-verify the page and in some cases re-schedule updates.,8,It's definitely freed up my time to focus on other marketing activities by reducing repetitive tasks like scheduling the same message across multiple profiles. The analytics feature offers a simple way to communicate the impact of our social media accounts internally, which has helped spur more investment. Our social media activity (in terms of post volume) has increased by about 20% since we started to use the tool.,Sprout Social and Hootsuite Enterprise,MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, WordStream, Twitter AdsBuffer - great entry level social scheduling toolI initially came across Buffer when I was looking for a low-cost solution to implement for a charity I was consulting for. They needed something that was easy to use and that could be quickly implemented and easy to troubleshoot. Buffer fit the bill many times over! My first impressions were good - it offers a generous 'free' version which meant that I was able to get it set up and then train staff on how to use it, without making a financial commitment. We were very quickly able to attach social profiles and begin scheduling content which meant that the social media element of the job took a lot less time and became more productive.,Simple straight-forward interface. The GUI is so much more straight-forward than competitors like Hootsuite and SproutSocial. Their interfaces can easily be overwhelming and take some getting used to whereas with Buffer you can be up and running very quickly. The 'free' element is very generous and enables you to become familiar with the software in as short or long a period as you need, across multiple social accounts. The integration with Feedly means that content curation is an incredibly simple job for anyone to perform, enabling you to schedule content as you come across it on the web.,They used to have a fantastic feature that optimised posting times based on previous times' reach and engagement. Sadly this feature was removed which is a shame as it was one of my favourites. The reporting functionality is limited and I would like to see a greater ability to report across all platforms, creating white label reports. You have to purchase separate tools in order to access an influencer module and an image design module - in many tools these are included.,8,For clients that are using it they are seeing an immediate return in terms of productivity - less time spent on social but whilst still achieving the same, if not better, results. Better engagement with followers through regular posting which means relationships with customer and fans can be maintained and even enhanced.,Hootsuite Pro, eClincher and Sprout Social,eClincher, OneDrive, Dropbox, Microsoft Office 365, Hootsuite ProSimple to UseOur marketing department was using Buffer to publish to social media! It helps our department run more efficiently and saves a lot of time publishing and developing content across platforms. It also provides helpful insights into analytics and what content our followers like the best and what we need to cut back on posting.,Multiple Platforms - Buffer was one of the first schedulers that allowed to post to Pinterest, which was extremely helpful. Time saver - by not having to individually log in and post on each platform, our team saved a lot of time scheduling social media Easy interface - very easy-to-use interface for beginners,Analytics - no analytics on posts or pages Two-Way communication - on similar platforms, you can communicate/respond to your audience on the site, this is NOT the case with Buffer No team access - Buffer doesn't allow permissions or different roles for team members,7,1,Time-saving - Buffer has allowed our team to be more efficient in their social media scheduling Analytics - after using Hootsuite, our team was disappointed to find that Buffer offered nearly no analytics for our pages/posts. Pinterest Integration - this was a very helpful tool that we exclusively used Buffer for, as not many publishing platforms offer these integrations!,Hootsuite Pro,Hootsuite Pro, Caterease, AsanaGreat product for social media scheduling!I used Buffer in my previous workplace where I was doing social media management. It was very convenient to use Buffer and it saved me a lot of time. Basically, I scheduled Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram posts via Buffer for several days and then was checking the analytics page to see how successful they were. Before using Buffer, the social media post scheduling process wasn't organized and the efficiency wasn't great. With Buffer the process became more organized and it was a pleasure to use it.,Social media scheduling just works. Buffer does it perfectly. I usually connect several social media accounts to my Buffer account and it helps me a lot in organizing the posts for upcoming days or sometimes weeks. The interface is very user-friendly and simple. I used Buffer's mobile app a lot when I was out of the office. It's very helpful and keeps you on track so you can see which posts were posted and how they perform.,Sometimes my accounts get disconnected and I don't know why. But it happens very rarely. Posting on Instagram was kind of hard, as it required to open the Buffer app, then open the Instagram app, copy-paste the content to Instagram and then post. As far as I know, it's because of Instagram's policy, not Buffer. Hopefully one day it will be solved.,9,Buffer helped us to have more organized social media management process. There was no need to switch from one social media account to another. You just schedule everything in one place and it does the job. It helped also to follow the results of the posts. Their analytics section is pretty good.,Hootsuite Free,HotjarBuffer is a great tool for scheduling social media postings and organizing overall SMM strategy. Highly recommended!For us, Buffer is a great tool to schedule our social media posts and then analyze how they perform. I personally use Buffer almost every day and I enjoy using it. The UI and overall experience is great and it does what it's supposed to do. We have connected several our social media accounts to it (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) and each week I schedule posts for those accounts and then follow their performance using the analytics section of the tool. It helps us save a lot of time on social media accounts management and also have a better organized SMM strategy.,Scheduling social media posts is great, it just works and you don't have to worry about it. Providing analytics for each post is very useful. Overall experience and UI of the tool is very intuitive and easy to use compared to some other competitors. Being able to schedule social media posts based on time zone is a great feature.,Would be great to see some of the paid plan features in the free plan as well, e.g. social media calendar feature. Sometimes LinkedIn account automatically disconnects from the Buffer account and the posts aren't published and you need to re-connect the account again. Happened to me a couple of times, but not a big deal actually. Nothing else to mention.,10,It saves us a lot of time. Buffer made our social media more organized. It helps us analyze the results of our social media activities.,Hootsuite Free,MailChimp, Trello, HubSpot CRM, Zapier, Google Analytics
Buffer

Buffer Reviews

Buffer
Filter 141 vetted Buffer reviews and ratings
May 21, 2018

Buffer Review: "As simple and straightforward as it gets for social media scheduling"

• Simple to set up, add accounts, and get started. The barrier to entry for social media users/managers at all levels is fairly low, leading to greater adoption within the organization. I've had experience with other tools with many more bells and whistles but required a fair amount of training to take advantage of them. This boils things down to what we really need to keep our social media activity consistent.
  • Takes the guesswork out of scheduling. Figuring out when to share content, and how often, can take significant time. I like the Buffer queue feature that enables you to set a schedule once for each of your accounts, and then just drop new content in and not worry about whether there are holes in your calendar.
  • Adding content for multiple profiles at once. It's nice to be able to compose a message and quickly schedule it to go out on multiple profiles with a couple of clicks/minor adaptations. I use this feature regularly and it saves a lot of time vs. having to schedule for profiles individually.
  • Custom tracking. When sharing to multiple profiles, it's nice to be able to include different tracked links for each profile. By default, Buffer doesn't make this very easy - the standard campaign is just set to 'buffer', which can make traffic difficult to differentiate if you forget to create a unique link.
  • Media editing. Images and videos are simple to upload and edit, but I do wish there was some more customization available to ensure that you select the right size for a given network. I've also run into cases where an image I thought I'd uploaded wasn't actually shared along with the post.
  • Account management. We ran into an issue within our organization where we realized that not all our accounts were actually included within the Pro plan (vs. the free plan) because of it was required that our account administrator add the accounts. This may make sense in general, but was an issue for our organization with several distinct business units. Enabling more flexibility/permission levels for users would be nice.
  • Account disconnection. Buffer seems to 'lose' its connection to LinkedIn often, which may be more of a problem with the LinkedIn API than with the software, but it's a pain to have to re-verify the page and in some cases re-schedule updates.
I think Buffer is great for organizations that have a small amount of social accounts to manage, and where cross-unit collaboration is common. It's also good for organizations where the level of social media knowledge may not be very strong, as the tool is easy to use with minimal setup and training and it offers good basic tracking for evaluating impact. I think if you're going to be doing a lot of content volume across a lot of accounts and need robust analytics, there are more advanced tools out there to use.
Read Ben Rubenstein's full review
February 16, 2018

Review: "Buffer - great entry level social scheduling tool"

• Simple straight-forward interface. The GUI is so much more straight-forward than competitors like Hootsuite and SproutSocial. Their interfaces can easily be overwhelming and take some getting used to whereas with Buffer you can be up and running very quickly.
  • The 'free' element is very generous and enables you to become familiar with the software in as short or long a period as you need, across multiple social accounts.
  • The integration with Feedly means that content curation is an incredibly simple job for anyone to perform, enabling you to schedule content as you come across it on the web.
  • They used to have a fantastic feature that optimised posting times based on previous times' reach and engagement. Sadly this feature was removed which is a shame as it was one of my favourites.
  • The reporting functionality is limited and I would like to see a greater ability to report across all platforms, creating white label reports.
  • You have to purchase separate tools in order to access an influencer module and an image design module - in many tools these are included.
Buffer is NOT trying to be all things to all men in the way that many tools are. I think the approach of 'keeping it simple' means that it is attractive to many as a starting point. I recommend it to businesses just starting out with social schedule especially those with 10 or fewer employees or with only a handful of profiles to manage. Once you start to want more functionality or have a greater number of profiles to manage I would recommend upgrading to something more powerful.
Read Adeline Garman BA (Hons) DipM MCIM's full review
June 04, 2018

Buffer Review: "Simple to Use"

• Multiple Platforms - Buffer was one of the first schedulers that allowed to post to Pinterest, which was extremely helpful.
  • Time saver - by not having to individually log in and post on each platform, our team saved a lot of time scheduling social media
  • Easy interface - very easy-to-use interface for beginners
  • Analytics - no analytics on posts or pages
  • Two-Way communication - on similar platforms, you can communicate/respond to your audience on the site, this is NOT the case with Buffer
  • No team access - Buffer doesn't allow permissions or different roles for team members
Nice for very basic scheduling with no social media analytics. Maybe good for personal accounts that just want to share their content and be able to control what time it's released. Or companies that have addition in-depth analytics software, this would work fine for them. People new to scheduling could also benefit from this simple interface.
Read Emily Hammell's full review
January 31, 2018

Buffer Review: "Great product for social media scheduling!"

• Social media scheduling just works. Buffer does it perfectly. I usually connect several social media accounts to my Buffer account and it helps me a lot in organizing the posts for upcoming days or sometimes weeks.
  • The interface is very user-friendly and simple.
  • I used Buffer's mobile app a lot when I was out of the office. It's very helpful and keeps you on track so you can see which posts were posted and how they perform.
  • Sometimes my accounts get disconnected and I don't know why. But it happens very rarely.
  • Posting on Instagram was kind of hard, as it required to open the Buffer app, then open the Instagram app, copy-paste the content to Instagram and then post. As far as I know, it's because of Instagram's policy, not Buffer. Hopefully one day it will be solved.
Buffer is an awesome product for social media management and scheduling. I used it a lot and it helped me save a lot of time. You can have the posts for upcoming days or weeks ready and quickly schedule them on Buffer and then sit back and enjoy. This is how I used it.
December 22, 2017

"Buffer is a great tool for scheduling social media postings and organizing overall SMM strategy. Highly recommended!"

• Scheduling social media posts is great, it just works and you don't have to worry about it.
  • Providing analytics for each post is very useful.
  • Overall experience and UI of the tool is very intuitive and easy to use compared to some other competitors.
  • Being able to schedule social media posts based on time zone is a great feature.
  • Would be great to see some of the paid plan features in the free plan as well, e.g. social media calendar feature.
  • Sometimes LinkedIn account automatically disconnects from the Buffer account and the posts aren't published and you need to re-connect the account again. Happened to me a couple of times, but not a big deal actually.
  • Nothing else to mention.
If you are looking for a tool to schedule your social media posts and then analyze their performance, then Buffer would be great for you. It's an easy to use tool that just does its job. It's suitable for anyone - startups, freelancers, small or medium companies, and even big corporations.
Also, they have a separate tool called Pablo, which helps create beautiful images for social media postings. You can create a beautiful image with a quote on it in under 1 minute and then post it via Buffer.
Read Tigran Hakobyan's full review
October 05, 2017

User Review: "Buffer For a Small Business"

Buffer is being used by me for my client. I manage his social media accounts across Buffer, which has the ability to schedule social media posts into the future. The business problem it addresses is having the ability to plan your social media calendar in advance. The ability to view performance as well is a great feature.
  • Adding accounts is easy
  • Posting is quick and easy to understand
  • The interface is simple and easy to navigate
  • The power scheduler needs improvement, especially with images
  • The content inbox has a limited number of feeds, so I have to use a 3rd party
  • I wish the analytics section came standard instead of an upcharge
Buffer would be great for a small business. Due to low cost, it fits well into small social media management budgets. I can't see Buffer being a great solution for a large organization with many different social media channels.
Read Katie Aronoff's full review
October 09, 2017

Buffer Review: "Easy to use, easy to save time."

We used Buffer to schedule retweets of our content, a functionality that the other tools we were using did not support. We also used their Pablo tool for creating images for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and receive their weekly blog emails.
  • Buffer's ability to schedule social shares ahead of time was HUGE for our organization - it allowed us to break up our content without having to manually login and re-tweet things real-time.
  • Buffer has a really clean interface.
  • I wish Buffer would expand the creative constraints on Pablo. Right now there aren't that many fonts or creative liberties we can take, so it makes it difficult to stay on brand.
Buffer is great as an additional tool for your social strategy, it's cheap and very intuitive. It cannot, however, stand on its own as the only tool your organization uses.
May 10, 2016

Review: "Social Media Marketing made easy - GET BUFFER!"

Buffer is being used by our organization to maximize the visibility of the various brands that we represent across the spectrum of social media platforms. We are a small business and Buffer is used by both of the two principal partners. Buffer boosts our productivity by automating several steps in the social media marketing process. It used to take ten minutes or more to share content across two or three social accounts. We'd have to go in to each social platform and use its unique features to push the content. Now, with Buffer, we can easily and efficiently share that same content on up to twelve social accounts in just a matter of minutes. What a godsend!
  • User Interface for sharing: Buffer makes it super simple to share content. (1) Cut and past the text + hyperlink that you want to share, (2) Select the accounts you want to share it to, (3) Add an image if necessary (Twitter)., (4) Select time frame for sharing. Buffer automatically shortens the link and displays a draft for your review. Super simple. Better overall interface and experience than both Hootsuite and TweetDeck.
  • Direct Access to RSS Feeds: One of the nicest features of this app is that they've found a way to give you direct access to RSS feeds of content -- right in the app itself! Obviously we find the majority of our content as we browse the Internet in the course of our workday but this is a great way to save time when you're focusing on filling up Buffer with great content. You simply type a keyword in and it displays a variety of RSS Feed results for you to choose from -- for each social media account! More than I could ever use.
  • Pablo Image Tool: Image preparation is one of the most challenging and time consuming areas of social media marketing. Buffer has found a way to simplify and integrate that process as well with 'Pablo'. Pablo is an integrated tool that allows you identify or upload relevant images and then customize them. Once they're ready for action you can either download them or share then right from the interface. It's intuitive and the most efficient web-based social media tool I've ever seen for images. Bravo!
  • Google Chrome Extension: This is another feature that we used all day long. In the course of the day I'll run across excellent content and I can easily drop it into my Buffer account without having to stop what I'm doing in that browser by using the Chrome extension. Another great tool that I don't know what I would do without.
  • Scheduling: Buffer gives us at least three ways to schedule our posts: (A) Manually (by date & time), (B) Automated Scheduling - I set up a schedule in advance and then can just mindlessly submit posts into my Buffer account and know that it will shoot them out in the order and frequency that I set up in the schedule, (C) Optimal Scheduling - Buffer now includes a tool that when activated automatically optimizes the times that you're posts will be published. I LOVE THIS! I want the most visibility and re-sharing of our content. With Optimal Scheduling I don't even have to worry about that and this frees me up to just focus on finding compelling content. WOOHOO!
  • Customer Service: Buffer's customer service department is RADICAL! They're known as 'The Happiness Team' and they really mean it. They will not stop serving you until you are completely satisfied and happy. Buffer is not the easiest app to wrap your mind around and the integration aspects when you add team members can be hairy, nut they're always there for you and unlike most CSRs they'll be the first to admit when they have a feature that needs improvement or isn't working right. I had an issue pop up this weekend and a representative named Darcy took the time to provide support by screencast, direct message chats on Twitter and even a Google Hangout where we were face to face. I can't remember another time where I felt like a support representative understood my pain and bent over backwards to make things right. Well done Darcy!
  • FAQs - Buffer is kind of like riding a bike. Once you get the hang of it - it's easy, But until you've got the training wheels off it can be a pretty wobbly experience. The FAQ's are written in simple, straightforward language but no matter how tech-savvy and experienced you are with apps it can be a bit frustrating and overwhelming to get it set up and to troubleshoot. In my opinion, it needs to be more visual. More screenshots, videos, and perhaps even interactive, real-time workshops or introductory classes for new users.
  • Account Management - I had some issues with integration of our free account into the master account. One day my partner logged into her account using a social login instead of her email and all of the sudden all of her default settings were gone. We could not figure it out ourselves using the HELP section and ended up having to request support from the 'Happiness Team'. It turns out that content managers must login via email in order for the platform to identify that they're logging into the master account as a content manager, It was confusing -- but we got it all straightened out with the support team. (Thanks Darcy!)
  • Two-step processes - Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, I could find no truly 100% efficient way to share images and hyperlinks simultaneously. If you want to share an image across all platforms you can do that but then your FB / LI / G+ posts are identified as images ("Kevin shared an image") when in fact I was sharing an article with an image attached. Likewise if I share an article to FB / LI / G+ and the hyperlink is appended in the post then an image isn't attached to the Twitter post. Unfortunately, Twitter is inherently different from other social platforms so you just can't 'have your cake and eat it too!'. This is especially problematic when you're working in the mobile interface. After struggling with this shortfall for a year I've come to accept that I have to share in two steps if I want to optimize my posts for the various platforms. I do this by setting my defaults to FB page, LI and G+ profiles and after I share a post to those three platforms (which automatically append the hyperlink with image), I come right back and share to Twitter (which allows me to select and attach a relevant image as opposed to appending a hyperlink). I'm sure everyone's different but that's how we optimize our posts on the two different types of platforms.
I recommend it for all businesses that are using social media marketing in their marketing channel mix. I can't imagine a single scenario where I wouldn't recommend it. My first recommendation would be to use it on a trial basis by registering for the individual plan. Once you've established that it will work for your business then upgrade to one of the paid plans based on the size of your business.
Read Kevin J. Alexander's full review
June 06, 2016

User Review: "Bufferapp - a simple option"

I use it to schedule social media postings across various platforms, customising them for each one. You can post from scratch in the app, or use a Chrome extension to re-post third party content from any website (including the social media platforms) with your own comments added.
  • Schedule by time and by day.
  • Schedule across plaforms.
  • Reports on engagement with the content.
  • Occasionally posts fail - though you do get a notification.
  • You have to be careful that you don't simply add a post without double checking which platform is selected - the app keeps the last platform you used and nothing is as amateur as using hashtags for your LinkedIn post!
  • I'd like to see a trended analysis of engagement by post time.
Buffer is simple to use, fairly flexible, and reasonably reliable.
Read Ann Druce's full review
May 23, 2016

Review: "Take Twitter to the next level with Buffer!"

I manage a team of students that post on social media. They have analyzed the best times to post and how to carefully curate content. Buffer makes it so easy to post when you want by scheduling the times you want specific content posted. We mainly use Buffer with Twitter, but it works with Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest (paid-version only). Our click and like rates have improved since we began using Buffer. I receive a weekly email with the breakdown of how each tweet performed.
  • Allows you to right-click and choose to post with Buffer. Puts the image in there for you too!
  • Sends a weekly feedback report.
  • Allows easy scheduling of posts. You can set up a predetermined posting schedule which is great when you know the times you plan to post.
  • I wish Instagram was a connected social network.
  • They used to provide suggestions of what to tweet if you did not have anything in the queue. It was great and I'd love for them to bring it back!
I think Buffer works great for a social media account(s) where you post on a regular basis, several times a day. However, Buffer is so easy to use, I would recommend it for a personal account as well. There is now an incorporated image creator (Pablo) so you can create or an improve upon an existing image. No excuses for posts without images!
Read Karen Brenneman's full review
November 20, 2014

User Review: "Buffer Up"

We use Buffer not just for our personal accounts to schedule updates and blog posts but we also encourage and train clients on the use of Buffer to schedule their companies news, blog posts, events, or even company pictures. Working for an extremely busy agency or company doesn't allow for regular updates across different channels and pages. Buffer solves the problem by not only allowing us to post across multiple channels but also schedule it for the times WE want content to go live to maximize exposure. Additionally, the feature of adding suggested content is brilliant as it helps break up the monotony of simply posting *business* updates. And frankly, there are some great posts in the suggestion queue that I post because I want to read it later. Finally, it's free. My personal account has been a tremendous help in connecting with different people due to the content and times it is posted and if I want to use it as a team, well then we use the very affordable AWESOME upgrade.
It's a tool that allows cross promotion on multiple levels, time zones, content and is easy to navigate. What more could an agency, a client and a team want.
  • Scheduling: In social media it is critical to post regular updates but not become that annoying person or business that posts the days or even weeks updates back to back and appears spammy. Buffer allows users to pre-set times and dates in advance or on the spot for posts that are being placed in the feeder. For example: I have a new company blog I want to share. I open buffer queue and enter my status update. Then I can chose where I want to post it (FB, Twitter, G+ page, LI) and next I can pick a time and date. I can also change it up and schedule the Twitter update for noon today, the FB update for 4pm tomorrow and the LI update for Monday at 9am based on my audience behavior. In the remaining time I can schedule generic posts to appear engaged.
  • Reporting: The weekly and monthly report is awesome. It is very detailed, easy to understand. The free version has a report as well but it is not as detailed as obviously the paid version.
  • Price: You cannot beat the price from a company or honestly even a personal standpoint. It is extremely affordable for the service you receive in addition to their amazing customer service.
  • Customer Service: They are by far some of the best in the world when it comes to customer service and appreciation. Even if you use their free app they still answer your questions or concerns with lightning speed and such a friendliness that you can't possibly leave upset. Their mission is to provide the best and more and they achieved it.
  • I personally wish they would integrate Tumblr and Google profiles. I understand there are limitations but I have hope they will overcome whatever is holding them back.
  • Facebook suggestions is another hope I have. Currently they only offer content suggestions that can be posted for Twitter and LinkedIn.
It is suited for anyone in social media and quite frankly any business that wants their departments, teams and employees to participate and collaborate about social posts. There is a neat feature that allows team leads to approve posts before they go live. That is a life saver.
The biggest questions to ask are - Does it cover everything we need and does it make our day to day lives easier? Are we okay with pre-scheduling and monitoring as we go? How much do we want to spend? Do we need to pay for everyone?
To us, Buffer has provided us with extra value and time. It was a no-brainer.
Read Deanna Ayres's full review
February 11, 2015

Buffer Review: ""Buff Up" Your Social Media Scheduling and Monitoring"

We use Buffer across multiple departments. It allows us to EASILY schedule, monitor and measure our social media efforts in one place. We needed something that was both intuitive and cost-effective (they offer a very generous non-profit discount), and Buffer is working nicely for us.

UPDATE: Still use and LOVE Buffer. But have re-subscribed to Sprout Social (just myself, not the entire team) for their Social Media "Inbox." Just can't live without it. Total cost is just $109 per month (Nonprofit rate for Buffer Team, plus one Sprout account for myself.) Bottom line: Get both!
  • Clean, intuitive interface.
  • AWESOME mobile app for iPhone and Android!
  • Customer service that's too good to be true, but is.
  • Generous non-profit pricing.
  • Ability to queue posts across multiple platforms at different times.
  • Would love to see a unified social media inbox, similar to Sprout Social (all comments, @replies, etc. in one newsfeed with the ability to reply back from the feed)
  • Wish I could respond to Facebook comments via the mobile app.
  • Wish canceling a queued message on one platform would cancel them all (versus having to go back and delete them individually).
  • Wish the system suggested ideal posting times.
If you need a unified social media inbox, and you have the budget to pay for it, then Sprout Social may be a better choice.
Read Robert Andrescik's full review
November 20, 2014

Buffer Review: "Great for Scheduling and Managing Social Media Posts"

We use Buffer to schedule and manage posts across multiple social media platforms, and it's great for that; it also offers suggested content for posts. The product copy has a lighthearted feel for a solid business tool, which is in the spirit of the technology and makes the product more engaging to use. It offers very basic analytics on a post and platform basis, but it's not really designed for heavy-duty analytics - rather, it's a great addition to a suite of social media management tools. It's also highly intuitive and has a simple learning curve. I would recommend it to others.
  • Schedule social media posts across platforms
  • Content development suggestions
  • Social media team collaboration
  • In-depth analytics
  • Determining best posting times
  • Additional platform support
It's terrific for scheduling and managing upcoming posts, as well as for managing the posting schedule across multiple platforms. It has team collaboration features that are also useful for multiple person teams.
Read Kat Jenkins's full review
October 17, 2014

User Review: "Buffer Adds Hours to My Day"

I use Buffer for myself, and for some of our clients. It solves the business problem of managing and posting content on multiple social media sites and profiles - you can do that all from Buffer.
  • Integration is excellent. You can link all your social media accounts in Buffer, and can use the Chrome extension from any webpage.
  • Flexibility in scheduling content, so you can schedule posts throughout the day.
  • Analytics, Buffer gives you instant data on RTs, mentions, and post engagements so you can determine what's working and what's not.
  • With all that data and analytics, Buffer should offer you the best times to post based on past audience behaviour.
  • It needs more integrations with tools like Nimble, you need it to work everywhere.
  • Buffer should also recommend people on social media that you should engage with based on your content topics and subjects.
Buffer is inexpensive, saves you a lot of time, and gives you enough data and insight to improve social media efforts.
Read Robert Clarke's full review
September 23, 2014

User Review: "Buffer = Social Media Success"

I use Buffer for myself, the company as well as other companies. We are using it to schedule Tweets at the beginning of the day. It saves us a lot of time because all we need is about 15 minutes in the morning for scheduling and we don't have to touch it again until the next day.
  • Scheduling Tweets
  • Giving you samples of Tweets that could work for you based on what you have Tweeted in the past
  • Organized and easy to use dashboard
  • Can only share on two different platforms on the free version of the program, you have to upgrade to "Awesome" in order to use it for more scheduling
  • Can't add feeds to the dashboard unless you have a paid plan
  • Can't do much on the free app except schedule for two different social media platforms
It all depends on your budget and what you are trying to do with the app.
Read Laure Marini's full review
May 29, 2014

Buffer Review: "Smart. Simple. Streamlined."

I use Buffer to automate our social media posts for the company. While it's owned/controlled by the marketing team, it is used for the corporate social accounts. It is a great tool for scheduling out a mixture of our own content and helpful things I find online that our customers would find interesting. It helps you be a good content marketer.
  • Scheduling out new content from our blog and company announcements across multiple social channels has never been easier.
  • The browser plug-in makes it super easy to add content from other sources into the buffer queue to share later.
  • As the company has grown, they've added new features, the best of which has been the content suggestion. They'll suggest content for you to share and they make it easy to schedule.
  • Figuring out their content recommendation engine is critical for them. It's a newer feature so there's plenty of room to grow.
It's well-suited if you are taking the help, not sell approach to your marketing. It's a great way to always keep your social accounts active with interesting content.
Read Travis Balinas's full review
September 17, 2014

"Buffer App Review"

I use buffer app in my Android cell phone for almost two years and I'm satisfied with it. Buffer has been a good tool to keep me active on social networks, publishing interesting news I read on a daily basis.
  • Application crashes easily in any security change in the registered social networks.
Eventually, it's important to review the text to be published by the Buffer app.
Read Waldemiro Lustosa's full review
November 20, 2013

Review: "Buffer Makes Social Sharing Easy and Fun"

• Buffer lets you schedule posts across various different social networking services, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and App.net.
  • You just add webpages to your Buffer account that you would like to share across your various social networking sites. Buffer gives you a simple button that installs in your browser that allows you to easily schedule posts to be shared across your social networking sites.
  • Buffer has a free and a paid version, so you can access all of Buffer's features for free and if you decide to upgrade you can do that too.
  • Buffer currently does not support sharing to Google+ accounts, but you can share to Google+ pages.
  • It would be nice to have even more social networking sites available to share to, such as Tumblr.
Try out the free version of Buffer at first and see if you like the way it works for your business. You can upgrade to the paid version at any time. The free version only allows you about ten updates to be scheduled at a time, while the upgraded version allows you unlimited.
Read John Rapp's full review
November 04, 2014

Buffer Review: "Best Free Social Media Scheduler"

I user Buffer for my personal social media accounts to schedule posts throughout the day. I also encourage co-workers to use Buffer as a way to share content throughout the day, so the content they want to share is not pushed out all at the same time.
  • Incredibly easy to use; very intuitive
  • Awesome mobile app
  • Browser plug-in makes for easy sharing
  • Ability to post to multiple social networks
  • Would love for Buffer to set up my schedule automatically, based on prior posts popularity. I know there is a plug in/partner to help with this, but I'd rather Buffer do it for me
  • Integration w/ Tweetbot
Buffer is a fantastic free tool for people who want to share content on social media, but want to space it out throughout the day. Free version does not have enough team support functionality, but that's available in the paid version.
November 04, 2014

User Review: "Happy with Buffer"

I am using Buffer to schedule social media posts with an emphasis on Twitter.
  • It's easy to use.
  • You can adjust times simply.
  • It provides you with ideas of articles to share with your followers based on your interests.
  • I wish the Chrome and Firefox extensions responded faster.
Buffer is best for an individual or small team.
January 17, 2013

Buffer Review: "Low-cost, effective and reliable."

• Makes it really easy to schedule curated content updates on the fly. Click the applet, and it will add it to your social update pipeline based on timing you determine beforehand.
  • Great for helping companies provide valuable third-party content to their networks with optimized timing.
  • I really have not experienced any persistent weaknesses.

Content planning and scheduling (1)
Content optimization (1)
Workflow management (1)
Campaign success analytics (1)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (1)
Mobile access (1)

About Buffer

According to the vendor, Buffer is an intuitive streamlined social media management platform trusted by brands, businesses, agencies, and individuals to help drive meaningful engagement and results on social media. The company has a suite of products for publishing, engagement, analytics, and team collaboration. Products are carefully considered and highly refined in order to help social media marketers and teams work more efficiently and effectively.

Buffer is a team of real people, aligned in common values. Being a Buffer customer should feel like you have a whole team of people cheering for you. We want to see you succeed on social!

Buffer Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Does not have featureBoolean keyword searches
Does not have featureFiltering out noise/spam
Does not have featureSentiment analysis
Does not have featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Does not have featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Does not have featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Does not have featureCustomer interaction histories
Does not have featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Does not have featureLead generation
Does not have featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Does not have featurePinterest
Does not have featureYouTube
Reporting/analytics Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Does not have featureReal-time tracking
Does not have featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access
Has featureIntegration with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+
Has featureCustomization of messages for each social media platform
Has featureSuggested media from content that would be shared
Has featureInstagram grid preview
Has featureAbility to pause social media schedule and publishing
Has featureList or calendar view of scheduled social media posts
Has featureEmail notifications of successful posts, failed posts, and empty queue
Has featureBrowser extensions to share from anywhere across the web
Has featureContent Inbox of RSS feeds
Has featureInstagram direct scheduling

Buffer Screenshots

Buffer Integrations

Salesformics, UpContent, Zapier, IFTTT, Followerwonk, CoSchedule, Mention, Rival IQ, Feedly, Pocket, Bulk Buffer, Quuu

Buffer Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes

Here are the prices of our various plans: Pro: $15/month Small Business: $99/month Medium Business: $199/month Large Business: $399/month Enterprise: Feel free to get in touch with us at onboarding@buffer.com. All plans can be paid on either a monthly or yearly basis. If you choose to pay yearly, you would receive a 15% discount, which works out to be approximately two months free per year.

Buffer Customer Size Distribution