Buffer Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Frankie Heath profile photo
November 06, 2019

Use Buffer! It's Sweet!

Currently, Buffer is being used alongside AirTable (Content Calendar) to schedule and publish 80-90% of the social media that our university puts out. As of right now, it is only being used by our marketing department as we are the only department that has control of the main university social media accounts. The business problem that it addresses for us is the fact that we are a small department that wears multiple hats at any given moment and it allows us to be able to schedule our social media out ahead of time.
  • It allows multiple social platforms to be used at once. For our university specifically, we have Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram that we use as our main accounts and it allows us to be able to post and custom tailor to each one of these social media platforms.
  • Buffer also has a pretty robust analytics section of the site (paid) that allows users to see details about the posts we have going up and the interactions we are having with them. This allows us to make educated decisions in regard to our social media planning and strategy.
  • With the exception of the paid analytics portion of Buffer, it is honestly cost-effective for us. It offers more for the dollar amount than any other social media scheduling platform that we have used in the past.
  • One of the biggest areas for us that buffer has some room for improvement is with Instagram. It does not always automatically push to Instagram and we have to manually do it once the post attempts to go up automatically.
  • I would also like to see an area built into Buffer that is similar to AirTable. We use AirTable to plan out our calendar of social posts and content. It would be nice to have it as an all-in-one platform.
  • Another small area that I would have different about buffer would be to have different tiers of pricing for the analytics portion of the platform. As a small university, it is hard for us to justify paying the $50 per month price tag for our analytics.
Buffer is perfect if you are a company looking to be able to have regularly scheduled social posts go up. It allows the company to be able to create a cadence of posts for any given campaign. It works mainly for us when it comes to having things scheduled out because it is our goal to have at least one post per day. Buffer helps us achieve that since we are a small department of only two.

It would be less appropriate for a company that does not have the need to plan out a cadence of posts and they are more organically driven social. It is also not suited for social media stories.
Read Frankie Heath's full review
Alicia Meyer profile photo
Buffer is used by varied departments across our university, and nearly every residence life staff member uses it for social media for their facility. It allows us to schedule social media posts in advance to create consistent posting patterns, a significant challenge for chaotic jobs without formal offices or office hours. Additionally, because residence hall directors have high turnover, Buffer enables us to schedule posts during the transition time until a new director is in place. Finally, it enables us to post similar or the same content across multiple accounts easily, another bonus of the software in the way we use it.
  • Buffer connects multiple platforms well, linking Twitter and Facebook especially well.
  • Buffer is quick to respond to industry innovations, adding scheduled Instagram posts as soon as it was available.
  • Buffer's free access proves useful to budget-conscious departments and employers.
  • Buffer communicates with Instagram, but only for business accounts. Because most of our accounts are qualified as personal, not business, this missing functionality poses a problem.
  • Buffer easily schedules Facebook and Twitter, but there's no way to type the post once and select both platforms. I would like to see these more connected.
  • I would like Buffer to make it easier to link multiple Facebook pages or Twitter accounts to the same email.
Buffer is helpful for scheduled posts and accounts that don't need to respond to current events and controversies. It proves useful for event reminders, information sharing, and repeated themes (Throwback Thursday, Woke Wednesday, etc.). It allows me to post when my users are most engaged with the platforms, even if I am away from my phone or computer.
Read Alicia Meyer's full review
Michelle Green Arnson profile photo
I currently use our Buffer account to schedule news, event info, and fundraisers across our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.) It's as easy to push in-the-moment happenings as it is to schedule posts in advance, and it works well on my computer and my Android device, so it really meets all of my posting needs regardless of where I am or what I'm sharing.
  • The Chrome Extension-- I LOVE being able to navigate to, say, a blog post I want to share later today or an event page I want to share next week, then click the little Buffer button on my browser window and write/schedule unique posts for each of our social media channels. It's so convenient.
  • Scheduling (and rescheduling)-- The interface from the Buffer website itself is really great for scheduling posts to go out to different channels at different times (custom or pre-selected), and also to reorganize the order and timing of your posts on each channel, as needed.
  • Re-Buffer-- You can see your top performing posts and easily "re-buffer" them to use in the future. So helpful!
  • Analytics-- The analytics on the Pro plan are limited at best. You can simply review your posts from the past 30 days, but you can't access any analysis (or even simple tallying of Likes, Shares, etc.) without upgrading to the Premium or Business plans, which are otherwise more than we need at the moment.
  • Publish+Reply+Analyze-- It's a bit tedious to have these basic social media functions/tools separated out as three distinct products, as well as overkill for a small nonprofit without a dedicated social media team. I imagine each tool is good at its job if you need 'em.
  • Linking to Accounts-- Buffer seems to lose touch with Facebook and LinkedIn somewhat frequently. It's vaguely annoying but very simple to fix, so I just roll with it.
As far as Buffer Pro goes, I'd recommend it for small shops that want to maintain their social following and have a simple, easy-to-use way to share updates, sell event tickets, and invite donations and volunteers. If you're a actively growing brand where engagement and analytics are high priorities, I'd recommend trying Buffer's other plans and tools. Their free trials are great!
Read Michelle Green Arnson's full review
Susan Hammiche profile photo
Buffer is used as a scheduling tool to make posts on our social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It is used by the marketing department to keep track and stay organized in scheduling posts and review analytics for those posts. It simplifies the use of social media for our company.
  • Post the same content across different channels with a few clicks.
  • Scheduling posts ahead of time for the whole week for example.
  • Integration with many platforms makes it easy to review how posts have been performing.
  • Provides an app so you can everything on the go as well.
  • The Instagram scheduling still doesn't work for us and never has, it always gives an error.
  • The pricing structure is not clear and some features have hidden added costs.
  • Free version is now more limited than it was before.
If the company has several social media channels like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, this platform is ideal to schedule and publish posts rather than logging in to each of those and manually adding posts. While some social media channels let you schedulein advance, Buffer can do it for all of them when you prepare your posts. It is well suited to keep track of your social media. If teh company is not really active on social media and doesn't use any of those channels for advertising, it will not be very useful to have buffer.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
Dmitry Kornyukhov profile photo
Every social media manager has this constant pain - the organization has too many social media accounts that need to be managed somehow. Buffer does just that - helps us save time by using their excellent platform to organize all our social media campaigns in one place. The results are quite brilliant, we save time, improve consistency and allows the ability to reach more people.
  • Excellent interface.
  • Affordable pricing for small organizations.
  • Great scheduling tools.
  • Integration with popular social media sites.
  • Our only complaint is that we can't use the functionality that Twitter offers, including polls, gifs, location sharing, etc.
Buffer can be used by anyone, from small, one-person organizations to huge corporations. We love that they're priced accordingly and that they help us grow our social media presence without paying a fortune. Buffer will be particularly useful for people who want to save time on social media while having full control of their social media presence.
Read Dmitry Kornyukhov's full review
Kelsi Robertson profile photo
I use Buffer as a scheduling tool on a few clients for Facebook and Instagram only. I do not use their reporting features.
  • Ease of scheduling
  • List view is helpful in some cases
  • Sometimes I prefer a calendar view
  • Sometimes glitchy when uploading photos
  • No ability to preview a post
Buffer is a great basic social media scheduling tool. It has a few bells and whistles without over-complicating the user interface. I do notice some glitches with posts not being published correctly. I also wish there was the ability to preview posts within the platform, as well as the ability to tagg other brands.
Read Kelsi Robertson's full review
Bryan McAnulty profile photo
Buffer allows us to plan and schedule our social media effectively. Being a small company, we sometimes need to cover multiple roles. Allowing design and marketing to batch tasks together and build out a bunch of social media posts for the month and then schedule once saves us a lot of time and helps us stay consistent in reaching our audience. We still add posts in real time when needed, but without buffer we'd be spending a lot more time on something we don't need to.
  • Helps us schedule social posts across 10 different social media accounts
  • Makes creating posts easier since we can simply login to buffer, instead of logging in and posting in each service
  • Provides basic analytics so we can see a birds eye view of post performance
  • We use Buffer's Publish product. While it has basic analytics, we wish it had more. We'd be willing to pay more for it, but not as much as it costs to add-on their Buffer Analyze product.
  • As mentioned above, we are currently not using the Buffer Analyze product. It is difficult for us to really grasp what it provides from what is displayed on the Buffer website. There doesn't seem to be a single screenshot of the Analyze product at the time of me writing this review.
  • The UI is fine, but is starting to feel a little dated when used on desktop displays, as the interface is quite narrow.
Buffer is a simple and easy to recommend solution for scheduling social media posts. We've used it for awhile and we feel that it is a tool we can rely on. If you are only managing a single Facebook, Instagram and Twitter account, for a new brand, you may not need this tool just yet. Overall we believe it saves marketers and designers time so that they can focus on more big picture work instead of constant interruption from the need to set up another social media post quickly.
Read Bryan McAnulty's full review
Michael Anderson profile photo
I work on a small video production team and we use Buffer to manage and schedule our social media accounts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. We schedule 2 to 4 posts a week with Buffer. Before using Buffer we would post straight to each platform, which took a lot of time and coordination.
  • Post scheduling is easy, whether you're doing weeks or days ahead.
  • Buffer makes it easy to post across multiple social platforms but tailor each one for where it's going, saving a lot of time.
  • Buffer tries hard to stay up with current social platforms and trends by updating and adding new platforms pretty often.
  • Price can be high for small business, especially if you don't use it a lot.
  • Not everything can be done through Buffer. Several platforms (Instagram, Twitter) have limitations on what exactly you can post through Buffer and sometimes you still end up having to go to the post on the platform and edit to add tags or actually hit post on the draft it gives you. It still speeds it up over having to go to each platform separately, but just learning the quirks can take time.
For people who have more than two social accounts and post regularly but don't have a lot of time, Buffer can save a lot of it.
Read Michael Anderson's full review
Michelle Messenger Garrett profile photo
I use Buffer for my own social media for my business and also for clients. It solves the problem of social media posting when you can't be at the computer or on social media platforms, such as overnight, weekends, and so on. It also helps you post consistently, a problem for some organizations.
  • Buffer is EASY to use! So easy to use every day and to set up in advance. I do have the paid version, but there's a free version, too.
  • Buffer provides good support if you have any questions/issues.
  • Buffer also has an image tool, Pablo, incorporated into it, so you can very easily pull images, add text if desired, and add them to your social media posts.
  • They took away the optimal timing feature, which I used and found valuable. I was never sure why they completely removed it, but they should bring it back.
  • They took some of the features that were free and put them in the paid version. Granted, it's not terribly expensive ($100/year), but it felt a little like pulling the rug out from under some of the users.
  • Better reporting/analysis would be nice. I see they've added an analysis tool, but it's another $50/month.
I find Buffer ideal for my small business. It helps me with my personal branding. I also love it for clients. I have a client I manage social media for, and they're on my Buffer account because I can have up to 10 accounts set up.
It may not be the best fit for someone with no budget for tools though, and I can't speak to the higher-priced version. I have used competitor's tools and find Buffer easier to use, at least on the scale on which I use it.
Read Michelle Messenger Garrett's full review
October 25, 2019

Great for nonprofits!

We use Buffer for our nonprofit and love it. It is used by our Marketing team. The Marketing team uses all features and shares reports from Buffer with all other departments. We needed to save time on social media as well as track our social media performance to see how we could do better. Buffer has been a huge help.
  • Social media scheduling.
  • Easy to use.
  • Buffer has a lot of other apps and extensions that they have created to work with Buffer.
  • They are constantly improving and adding new features/updates.
  • Reporting isn't as extensive as we would like it to be.
  • It doesn't work with all social media platforms. eg: Pinterest.
As a nonprofit, we get a 50% discount and so we only pay $7.50 a month for Buffer. This is a bargain for us and we have benefited significantly from using Buffer. All nonprofits should use Buffer!
We have had several clients that use Buffer and advise new clients to sign up for Buffer. As an agency, we use Agora Pulse and love it. However, for small businesses and nonprofits Buffer is a much better fit. It helps with community management, social media monitoring, management, and analytics.
  • Social media management.
  • Buffer is constantly adding new features (faster than it's competitors).
  • The interface is clean, simple, and so easy to use.
  • It lacks the full features that competitors like Agora Pulse have. For example, social listening.
Buffer is perfect for small businesses and nonprofits who need to save time, improve efficiency and improve the overall quality of their social media platforms. It has a great starter package that is very affordable for what it offers. Small businesses cannot afford not to use Buffer.
It was used to manage multiple accounts for my own company and for clients' social media. It allowed me to check on content calendars in the past and future. It allowed me and my staff and clients to look over the effect of different types of media and content. It allowed for social media to be done once a week or month for different clients.
  • I like the content calendar's look and feel.
  • I like the interface for posting. It is intuitive and clear.
  • I like the analytics for initial overview but not for in-depth research.
  • It was sometimes buggy and the post wouldn't be on the calendar.
  • The analytics are a little bare.
  • I wish there was a preview for the post for all channels.
Buffer is well suited to small companies looking to save money, as well as people just learning social media and needing something low-key.
It was being used at my company to schedule Tweets, Facebook posts, and Instagram posts for several Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts as part of our social strategy at the time. We also used it to provide analytics and set up a queue for scheduling.
  • Social media scheduling
  • Social media posting
  • Analytics
  • Customer service - they are quick to respond, but not quick to diagnose
  • Errors - there seem to be errors posting at least once a day, with no reason as to why
Buffer is great if you have similar content that you need to tailor across different social channels and different social spheres. It's also great for multiple users to access at once — however, it's not updated real time, so you need to refresh to get the latest version. You have to be in contact with your other colleagues to make sure you're not posting on top of each other.
October 23, 2019

Best for Individuals

I have been using Buffer to schedule posts for my social media management clients. Buffer creates an easy way for me to manage multiple clients in one location while separating each of the pages to easily differentiate between them all. It also saves me from having to use multiple systems because it has the ability to save hashtags so I don't have to keep a separate Excel spreadsheet or use another tool to do that.
  • Keeps track of hashtags so you don't have to store them in a separate spreadsheet.
  • Creates ease by providing the ability to schedule posts in advance.
  • Separates each platform so you can view posts separately from each other.
  • Not able to post to multiple pages at one time.
  • No easy way to reuse old content.
  • I don't like how you have to pay for each section of the buffer separately. I understand some people may not use those sections and it makes more sense financially, but for those of us who do it doesn't make much sense.
  • I wish you could separate by the company so you can easily identify which pages belong to which client if you are an agency like I am.
I think Buffer is well suited for a company that is just looking to manage it's own social media platforms. If you are an agency looking to manage multiple platforms for multiple clients, this is not the best platform for you. It does have some useful features (the hashtag storage), but overall it would create more difficulty in doing daily activities than it would be helpful.
August 20, 2019

Buffer Can't Be Beat!

As a digital marketing agency, we use Buffer for a variety of our clients. We specifically work with non-profits, so what we appreciate most is that it gives 50% discounts to non-profits, so it addressed affordability first and foremost. And, the free version is good for some of our budget-friendly clients! For small businesses, we always suggest Buffer for this reason.
  • Social media scheduling and planning tools
  • Reporting and analytics
  • Always improving & innovative (lots of updates per year)
  • User-experience could be sleeker/more stylish.
  • Weak social media from Buffer to offer extra advice and tips in the market.
  • Reporting is limited for Instagram (however this is the case for all social media schedulers).
Buffer is the perfect tool for teams managing multiple social media pages and needing to plan ahead. The scheduling options and calendar make it easy to see if you have made an error or if you are working in different time zones! I use Buffer less when it comes to researching hashtags or adding features to post like account tags. At times, I have to go back to the posts manually and add those. It is not always intuitive!
November 07, 2019

Excellent tool

I use Buffer to schedule content, monitor performance and review what's working and not.
  • Easy to use.
  • Desktop widget for easy posting.
  • Fantastic analytics.
  • Reasonable price!
  • None! Love this product.
It's a great tool for small businesses as well as management of your own social media channels. It's one of my favorite tools and I use it both personally as well as professionally.
We implemented Buffer as a way to easily schedule content across platforms as well as report on social media to our board. This has saved us time, improved our content as we used analytics and streamlined the whole process.
  • Reporting.
  • Social media scheduling.
  • Pricing structure.
Buffer is a great option for anyone looking for a social media scheduling software that does it all and is constantly improving. They give a 50% discount to nonprofits and the starting plan is very affordable. However, as one requires more platforms to be managed, it becomes expensive, and then I would rather use an alternative product.
Stefanie Cash profile photo
February 01, 2019

Buffer is the Bomb.com

Our marketing department uses Buffer for social media management. Buffer helps us organize all of our accounts in one place. We are able to analyze, post, and schedule content from one seamless system to all of our social media accounts.
  • Navigation
  • Ability to schedule
  • Analytics
  • Default layout
  • Location of certain settings
Buffer is the ultimate social media management software. It has all the capabilities you need to successfully manage any number of accounts you may have. With easy to understand analytics and even easier scheduling capabilities, Buffer does not disappoint. It's an aesthetically pleasing one-stop shop software for all your social media needs.
Read Stefanie Cash's full review
Nichole Smith profile photo
The agency that manages our social accounts uses Buffer to manage the social calendar and scheduling of posts. We use it to review and approve content and will add posts to the calendar as well. This is being used by our marketing department and allows us to schedule posts months in advance.
  • Scheduling
  • Provides great previews of what the posts will look like once posted.
  • Easily allows you to see whats in the queue for each channel.
  • Don't have any recommendations for improvement.
It's comparable to most social management platforms. It's not over complicated and easy to use. It doesn't do anything particularly better than other platforms either.
Read Nichole Smith's full review
Brian Spatz profile photo
Buffer has been an excellent tool for myself and other users in my organization. Buffer helps us better manage our various social media accounts across departments/ministries. We use Buffer to schedule social media posts to a variety of platforms and varying times. The main problem it helped us address the need for consistency in our online presence. Prior to Buffer, during a busy week, we often would forget to post to our social media due to time constraints. Buffer has helped us immensely in scheduling posts in advance and allowing it to post to a schedule that best suits the needs in our organization.
  • Scheduling social media posts
  • Managing multiple social media accounts
  • Provide great analytics on social media posts through Buffer
  • Scheduling not as easy as other platforms.
  • Unable to resize images within application when they are outside the constrained limits.
  • Scheduling on your smartphone and online platform is a different experience for the user.
One of the top applications when it comes to managing social media across platforms. It has been of great use for us to manage nearly 10 social media accounts in our organization. If you desire an online presence on Facebook - it allows you to schedule posts to both Facebook groups and Facebook pages. On Instagram, it allows you to schedule to various accounts. It also, has options for Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Read Brian Spatz's full review
Manny Torres profile photo
Buffer is a simple tool that makes distributing your content to multiple channels effortless. I like the straightforward interface and simple layout. We are able to manage multiple clients' accounts with ease and consistency. Not only does Buffer allow you to post new content, it also allows you to queue content that you want to republish in the future.
  • Scheduling of posts on multiple channels.
  • Providing a monthly view of scheduled content.
  • Queue of content that can be republished
  • Although I like the streamlined look, the interface could use some colors to create better contrast.
If you are looking for an app to distribute your content on multiple channels, or to manage accounts for your clients - Buffer helps save time and effort. Curated content is a great option for those who do not have their own content or need to supplement their content with related content from other sources.
Read Manny Torres's full review
Mandy Cramer profile photo
I recently started a new sub-brand of my design company and use social media as a major means of getting my brand out there. Buffer helps me automate my posts on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. I am currently using the free version, but as my brand grows I will likely upgrade to the paid version if I continue to find Buffer of use. What I really love most about Buffer is that I can actually automate my posts to Instagram. Up til this point, while I could plan my posts, Instagram didn't allow automated posts from other apps I've used. So this feature is really incredible for me. I find Instagram to be my most profitable form of social media, so this is truly an essential function.
  • It allows you to automate your posts on Instagram
  • It allows automated posts of other social media as well
  • It's very user-friendly and efficient
  • You can use it on your desktop or mobile!
  • I'd love if I could edit my images for Instagram before posting to the app via Buffer, but I imagine that's too much to ask!
  • You can only connect three profiles if using the free version, but that's to be expected.
Buffer is better than what I used previously (Hootsuite). I always found Hootsuite to be cumbersome and clunky. Buffer is straight to the point and I always prefer efficiency in the programs or apps that I use. I do wish that you could schedule more than 4 images in a gallery for instagram, but it's not a major issue since as a business account on Instagram, I prefer to space out my content anyways in order to reach the widest audience and create brand recognition through repeated imagery and style.
Read Mandy Cramer's full review
Dawn Herring profile photo
I have recommended it in the past to clients who I've worked with on marketing strategies and implementations. I also used it for my own personal business when I was more active on social media for my marketing business, and if and when I join other platforms for my current business, I'll most likely do the same. It's an easy to use platform that helps schedule posts across multiple social networks easily. It's an easy platform to use AND the picaso aspect helps to create great images to add to posts. Big fan of that feature.
  • Easy to schedule and edit posts.
  • Analytics are easy to review.
  • LOVE the feature that allows you to create images to attach to posts.
  • Also easy to edit scheduled posts.
  • If you start a post, and then want to cancel it, it's not clear how to cancel it (such as on FaceBook you can just hit "cancel.")
I think Buffer is a great tool for a small business that wants to manage their social from one place vs. at the platform level. I also think that for an agency or freelancer who manages social for multiple clients, Buffer is where it's at. It's a much "fresher" platform than some of its competitors and the blog content that Buffer creates is super helpful.
Read Dawn Herring's full review
Emanuele Pagani profile photo
The marketing department uses Buffer to manage social posting and their scheduling across multiple platforms.
  • Social posting scheduling
  • Very great browser extension (Chrome and Safari) to help with sharing content from its address
  • Great post queue management
  • I would improve the analytics section, to have more data and suggestions for caption, content, posting time, etc.
Buffer is perfect for small to medium-sized organizations, startups, and influencers to build a social posting queue, directly from their browser. Also very good if there are multiple managers.
Read Emanuele Pagani's full review
We use Buffer to manage our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. We plan out our content calendar of posts a month in advance, and we utilize Buffer to upload all that content and schedule various dates and time throughout the month to be posted. Our department posts content on all three channels and we have another department who posts content to two more Facebook and Twitter accounts. It allows us to collaborate on posts, review and approve content through various user permission levels. We can see all the posts scheduled on all our channels at a glance and see what days we have too much content or not enough. Working through Buffer allows managers/admin to oversee and approve everything that goes out on our social media channels so there are no surprises. It also allows us to review each channel's analytics to see how the content we are posting is performing.
  • The interface is easy to use. You can pick up how to navigate everything very quickly. We connected to several social media channels and can schedule and post with relative ease.
  • Their customer service has always been friendly and prompt with responses. They are honest and helpful.
  • Buffer offers a review process so we can look over posts before they go live and ensure all content has one consistent voice that best represents us.
  • It has been a huge lifesaver to manage all of our social media channels for various departments in one place. It's easy to use and oversee all the content going out on various social media channels. It makes it easy to manage all of your accounts in one place.
  • In addition to posting content, you can view analytics for your various channels to see how posts are performing and when they perform the best.
  • I wish the connection with Instagram was easier. You cannot schedules posts to go directly to the platform. You need to have the Buffer app in order to get a reminder on your phone to manually post at the designated time. I will say that Buffer makes it super easy to manually post from the app. They just copy the text, pull the image into IG and you paste the text and hit Share.
  • We've also encountered some issues between the app and Instagram reminders. Usually, when we add a new user and they download the app in order to post to Instagram, they do not receive the post notifications. It takes a bit of back and forth and usually everyone has to delete the app in order for this one person to receive notifications. Then we all re-download the app.
  • Another disadvantage to the app is that only certain access levels can post directly to Instagram. Some of our team members have the "Approval Required" access level. They can schedule posts for review, but cannot fully post. So if we want a team member with that access level to post to Instagram, they have to either log in through someone with "Full Posting Access" or we have to change their access level.
It is a lifesaver when it comes to managing different social media channels for various departments in one place. The approval process is exactly what we're looking for. Buffer is great for larger groups of people who would like to manage multiple social media channels. If you don't plan to post often, have a number of people who will post or only want to focus on one channel, this may not be necessary for you. If your main channel focus is Instagram, I don't think Buffer is the best place for that.

Content planning and scheduling (26)
9.2
Content optimization (24)
Workflow management (21)
Campaign success analytics (23)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (18)
Mobile access (24)

About Buffer

According to the vendor, Buffer is an intuitive streamlined social media management platform trusted by brands, businesses, agencies, and individuals to help drive meaningful engagement and results on social media. The company has a suite of products for publishing, engagement, analytics, and team collaboration. Products are carefully considered and highly refined in order to help social media marketers and teams work more efficiently and effectively.

Buffer is a team of real people, aligned in common values. Being a Buffer customer should feel like you have a whole team of people cheering for you. We want to see you succeed on social!

Buffer Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Does not have featureBoolean keyword searches
Does not have featureFiltering out noise/spam
Does not have featureSentiment analysis
Does not have featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Does not have featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Does not have featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Does not have featureCustomer interaction histories
Does not have featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Does not have featureLead generation
Does not have featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Does not have featurePinterest
Does not have featureYouTube
Reporting/analytics Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Does not have featureReal-time tracking
Does not have featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access
Has featureIntegration with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+
Has featureCustomization of messages for each social media platform
Has featureSuggested media from content that would be shared
Has featureInstagram grid preview
Has featureAbility to pause social media schedule and publishing
Has featureList or calendar view of scheduled social media posts
Has featureEmail notifications of successful posts, failed posts, and empty queue
Has featureBrowser extensions to share from anywhere across the web
Has featureContent Inbox of RSS feeds
Has featureInstagram direct scheduling

Buffer Screenshots

Buffer Integrations

Salesformics, UpContent, Zapier, IFTTT, Followerwonk, CoSchedule, Mention, Rival IQ, Feedly, Pocket, Bulk Buffer, Quuu

Buffer Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes

Here are the prices of our various plans: Pro: $15/month Small Business: $99/month Medium Business: $199/month Large Business: $399/month Enterprise: Feel free to get in touch with us at onboarding@buffer.com. All plans can be paid on either a monthly or yearly basis. If you choose to pay yearly, you would receive a 15% discount, which works out to be approximately two months free per year.

Buffer Customer Size Distribution