Reviews (1-25 of 64)
- Distinguishing platforms: By far one of my favorite features on Buffer is the ability to customize posts for different social media accounts. This makes it easy to start with the same base post and then optimize it for each platform. Captions usually need to be shortened for Twitter, and we generally add more hashtags to our Instagram posts. Buffer makes it easy to accomplish this while still only having to make the post once.
- Optimized timing: Buffer helps pick optimal times for your posts to go through, which is a great feature if you don't already have a specific time in mind.
- Expensive Analytics: The upgrade you need to access your analytics is quite expensive, and I have come across other tools that provide the same or even more for a lesser priced plan.
- No Media Library: The one feature I have found on another social media planning tool that I wish Buffer had is a media library. This allows you to upload photos you aren't using right away to have them readily available when you do decide to use them. This is not a feature in Buffer.
- It allows multiple social platforms to be used at once. For our university specifically, we have Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram that we use as our main accounts and it allows us to be able to post and custom tailor to each one of these social media platforms.
- Buffer also has a pretty robust analytics section of the site (paid) that allows users to see details about the posts we have going up and the interactions we are having with them. This allows us to make educated decisions in regard to our social media planning and strategy.
- With the exception of the paid analytics portion of Buffer, it is honestly cost-effective for us. It offers more for the dollar amount than any other social media scheduling platform that we have used in the past.
- One of the biggest areas for us that buffer has some room for improvement is with Instagram. It does not always automatically push to Instagram and we have to manually do it once the post attempts to go up automatically.
- I would also like to see an area built into Buffer that is similar to AirTable. We use AirTable to plan out our calendar of social posts and content. It would be nice to have it as an all-in-one platform.
- Another small area that I would have different about buffer would be to have different tiers of pricing for the analytics portion of the platform. As a small university, it is hard for us to justify paying the $50 per month price tag for our analytics.
It would be less appropriate for a company that does not have the need to plan out a cadence of posts and they are more organically driven social. It is also not suited for social media stories.
- no training
- Posting to multiple social channels at once saves a lot of time.
- Good list of social channels to connect to.
- Pricing is quite good vs. competitors.
- Disconnects to social profiles occasionally.
- Just redid their user interface and it is harder to plan monthly content.
- Can't tag users in some social platforms.
- Buffer is quick and easy to use. Scheduling posts out across multiple platforms is much simpler than in any of the competitors.
- Pablo, its quote generator is also a great and easy tool to use for growing an audience
- The price jumps between tiers makes it somewhat hard to justify going up in price.
- It simplifies the process of programming social media posts via automation.
- It allows the user to design posts for social media easily.
- At times it's hard to keep up with all the new releases, updates, and add on's. More engagement from Buffer to the end would help.
- An online storage of images used, which can be used for future posts.
- The UI is pretty simple and straightforward.
- I love that there's a free tier.
- I can't use Instagram with Buffer because the mobile app isn't compatible with iPhone 5.
- The pricing is super-steep for analytics and reply.
- no training
- 50% discount for nonprofits
- The basic plan is very reasonable and so suitable for small budgets.
- Great UI
- Simple and easy to use
- Great analytics
- As you need more features like "community management" and "analyze", Buffer becomes quite expensive.
- Good multi-platform scheduling option
- Easy to track scheduled content in one place
- If you want to change a post that has been scheduled across a few social platforms, you can't. This is a feature I would like to see updated.
- Sometimes scrolling down to see what has been scheduled is tedious. I would like to see a calendar view.
- Great for posting on multiple social media channels from the same platform.
- Visibility to posts performance allowing for optimizations.
- Issues with Instagram integration.
- Limited analytics for the free version.
- Keeps track of hashtags so you don't have to store them in a separate spreadsheet.
- Creates ease by providing the ability to schedule posts in advance.
- Separates each platform so you can view posts separately from each other.
- Not able to post to multiple pages at one time.
- No easy way to reuse old content.
- I don't like how you have to pay for each section of the buffer separately. I understand some people may not use those sections and it makes more sense financially, but for those of us who do it doesn't make much sense.
- I wish you could separate by the company so you can easily identify which pages belong to which client if you are an agency like I am.
- Buffer connects multiple platforms well, linking Twitter and Facebook especially well.
- Buffer is quick to respond to industry innovations, adding scheduled Instagram posts as soon as it was available.
- Buffer's free access proves useful to budget-conscious departments and employers.
- Buffer communicates with Instagram, but only for business accounts. Because most of our accounts are qualified as personal, not business, this missing functionality poses a problem.
- Buffer easily schedules Facebook and Twitter, but there's no way to type the post once and select both platforms. I would like to see these more connected.
- I would like Buffer to make it easier to link multiple Facebook pages or Twitter accounts to the same email.
- The Chrome Extension-- I LOVE being able to navigate to, say, a blog post I want to share later today or an event page I want to share next week, then click the little Buffer button on my browser window and write/schedule unique posts for each of our social media channels. It's so convenient.
- Scheduling (and rescheduling)-- The interface from the Buffer website itself is really great for scheduling posts to go out to different channels at different times (custom or pre-selected), and also to reorganize the order and timing of your posts on each channel, as needed.
- Re-Buffer-- You can see your top performing posts and easily "re-buffer" them to use in the future. So helpful!
- Analytics-- The analytics on the Pro plan are limited at best. You can simply review your posts from the past 30 days, but you can't access any analysis (or even simple tallying of Likes, Shares, etc.) without upgrading to the Premium or Business plans, which are otherwise more than we need at the moment.
- Publish+Reply+Analyze-- It's a bit tedious to have these basic social media functions/tools separated out as three distinct products, as well as overkill for a small nonprofit without a dedicated social media team. I imagine each tool is good at its job if you need 'em.
- Linking to Accounts-- Buffer seems to lose touch with Facebook and LinkedIn somewhat frequently. It's vaguely annoying but very simple to fix, so I just roll with it.
- Post the same content across different channels with a few clicks.
- Scheduling posts ahead of time for the whole week for example.
- Integration with many platforms makes it easy to review how posts have been performing.
- Provides an app so you can everything on the go as well.
- The Instagram scheduling still doesn't work for us and never has, it always gives an error.
- The pricing structure is not clear and some features have hidden added costs.
- Free version is now more limited than it was before.
- Queue-based social content scheduling.
- Useful analytics data for determining content strategy.
- Reduce the gap between the cost of your lowest-paid plan and business plans with much-improved features.
- Bring back insights about a social account's most impactful posting times.
- Scheduling social media posts
- Managing multiple social media accounts
- Provide great analytics on social media posts through Buffer
- Scheduling not as easy as other platforms.
- Unable to resize images within application when they are outside the constrained limits.
- Scheduling on your smartphone and online platform is a different experience for the user.
- The layout of Buffer is super user-friendly! I especially love the calendar view. It does everything I need it too without cluttering my windows.
- Buffer's app integration is exceptional and sends push notifications if connections to social accounts ever break, or if my queue is empty.
- Their plan options are great and it's easy to upgrade when the need arises.
- I'd like to see the calendar view option for the free version. I understand having premium-only options like analytics, replying, etc., but the queue should have multiple views.
- There are a few bugs that I've noticed recently in composing a post where the cursor will jump around, making it hard sometimes to write a post quickly.
- You used to be able to tag Instagram profiles, but now that functionality is no longer available. It definitely adds more time having to manually go to Instagram to find the profile rather than just having it in Buffer. I wish that option returned.
- Posting onto various social media platforming and still having a full set of features as if you were on the platform natively- tagging other accounts, posting pics, etc
- Being able to filter out mentions and potential responses based on what you prioritize and respond accordingly
- Simple onboarding
- We liked it better when all features -- posting, replying, reporting -- were all in one paid subscription. But I understand why they changed it.
- They could make it easier what features are included in what pricing tier.
- Better integrations within reporting to try and better track ROI for ecommerce sites.
- Excellent interface.
- Affordable pricing for small organizations.
- Great scheduling tools.
- Integration with popular social media sites.
- Our only complaint is that we can't use the functionality that Twitter offers, including polls, gifs, location sharing, etc.
- Helps us schedule social posts across 10 different social media accounts
- Makes creating posts easier since we can simply login to buffer, instead of logging in and posting in each service
- Provides basic analytics so we can see a birds eye view of post performance
- We use Buffer's Publish product. While it has basic analytics, we wish it had more. We'd be willing to pay more for it, but not as much as it costs to add-on their Buffer Analyze product.
- As mentioned above, we are currently not using the Buffer Analyze product. It is difficult for us to really grasp what it provides from what is displayed on the Buffer website. There doesn't seem to be a single screenshot of the Analyze product at the time of me writing this review.
- The UI is fine, but is starting to feel a little dated when used on desktop displays, as the interface is quite narrow.
Buffer Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Here are the prices of our various plans: Pro: $15/month Small Business: $99/month Medium Business: $199/month Large Business: $399/month Enterprise: Feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All plans can be paid on either a monthly or yearly basis. If you choose to pay yearly, you would receive a 15% discount, which works out to be approximately two months free per year.
Buffer Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||25%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||19%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
Buffer Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Buffer Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish|