What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
In a world where Dropbox is king, Egnyte is the hidden gem that I honestly feel works better and has more functionality built in, for a similar (if not cheaper) price point. Any business office that has a traditional server holding eons of files could benefit from Egnyte and their cloud operations, eliminating the need for the hardware. It's great for collaboration between offices and colleagues, and the quick sync feature upon save means that everyone has the latest version of documents at any given time
Feature Rating Comparison
User and role management
- One of Egnyte's features that we use quite frequently is file sharing to individuals outside of our company - whether we're sharing documents with prospects, potential buyers, or clients, it's as easy as sending a link to share a file, or creating a guest profile for them to sign in if they need to upload documents to us.
- Desktop sync is a feature in Egnyte that we could not live without! The continuous sync means that our systems always have the latest version of every document that's worked on almost instantaneously.
- Password protected file sharing is a must - we are a business brokerage firm and so client confidentiality is one of our highest priorities. Having the ability to put our files behind a password-protected link for viewing and downloading has helped us immensely.
- Workshops - a lot of people in our field have experienced a learning curve when implementing Egnyte. I think good workshops online would be excellent tools to allow them to reach Egnyte's full potential
- Breaking links - If I share a confidential file, it would be excellent to easily re-access that link that was sent to that file and break that link (force it to no longer work). As it stands that often has to be done universally, and so one wrong move on our side has the potential to be catastrophic. There may be a way that I don't know about, but I think that points back to the idea of workshops
- Varying user access - it would be nice to allow users to edit and delete only in certain parts of Egnyte, rather than giving them administrative access across the board.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 5 answers
There are less expensive options available, these options are also more user friendly
Administrative Assistant in OtherConstruction Company, 201-500 employees
Egnyte has significantly more structure out of the box than Google Drive or Dropbox. While Google Drive is much cheaper, and Dropbox has more potential in the right hands; Egnyte just works immediately in an enterprise situation. There are other enterprise level solutions, like Box, that serve a similar goal, but Egnyte was the one we found to be the easiest to use.
Return on Investment
- Positive: file management
- Positive: compliance
- Positive: file version control
Account Manager in Product ManagementHealth, Wellness and Fitness Company, 11-50 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?