Overall Satisfaction with Egnyte
Egnyte is being used by our organization in multiple ways. We use is primarily as a storage center for information in relation to everything from business function and process, to case management and third party review of confidential files. On any given day it is being used seamlessly on roughly 20 computers where people are actively searching for, editing, reviewing, and sharing documents all at the exact same time. It has really changed the way that I understand a business to successfully manage big data.
- Sharing files safely and securely with people at different facilities. It allows for ease of communication without having to limit security potential to do so.
- Fast updating - within seconds I can drop a file in to a shared Egnyte folder and it be readily available on someone else's computer in the office. This is great for conference calls, it allows all parties to quickly access and review the same material.
- Salesforce integration - it has been phenomenal seeing how seamlessly Egnyte and Salesforce integrate. To allow these tow systems to ebb and flow so well together saves countless hours of work in our everyday.
- Workshops - a lot of people in our field have experienced a learning curve when implementing Egnyte. I think good workshops online would be excellent tools to allow them to reach Egnyte's full potential
- Breaking links - If I share a confidential file, it would be excellent to easily re-access that link that was sent to that file and break that link (force it to no longer work). As it stands that often has to be done universally, and so one wrong move on our side has the potential to be catastrophic. There may be a way that I don't know about, but I think that points back to the idea of workshops
- Varying user access - it would be nice to allow users to edit and delete only in certain parts of Egnyte, rather than giving them administrative access across the board.
- Allows us to easily communicate important data securely with other offices (not just sending via email)
- It allows everyone in our office to be working on the same information at the same time
- It meshes so well with salesforce that I can't really picture what our practice would look like if we didn't have the combination.
Dropbox is just the main competitor of Egnyte that we have used and have ample experience with, among many others. Egnyte however blows Dropbox out of the water in ease of use, style, functionality, and cyber security from my experience. Egnyte has been nothing short of excellent in our every day business process, and even though I realize that it is not perfect for every business or style of business, I can't help but to be amazed by the substantial positive impact it has in our every day.
Egnyte is excellent in almost every scenario. It's great when your position requires quickly and safely sharing documents with multiple parties, or if you work in a place that requires a heavy amount of data storage that is easily accessible. I don't know how practical Egnyte is for the small business with only a few documents, but with a company our size that has tons of documents, it is an excellent place to neatly and succinctly keep that data organized.