Likelihood to Recommend
SolarWinds ipMonitor is well suited in situation where customer do not wants to hold the responsibility of underlying monitoring infrastructure management such as Servers, Database, website and their high availability. And of course when you need Network, Servers, Services fault and performance monitoring. When you have specialized network monitoring requirement such as Configuration backup, netflow traffic analysis then this is not the right tool.
Feature Rating Comparison
Automated network device discovery
- ipMonitor is well suited to use SNMP sources to monitor up states and usage such as network interfaces
- ipMonitor does a great job of measuring bandwidth usage and delivering a long term 'picture' of usage
- ipMonitor has an exceptional interface that is easy to use and simple to navigate
- SolarWinds ipMonitor tool is good for small to medium-size applications but it has some drawbacks for large and busy applications on busy servers.
- [It] may not able to provide accurate results for applications or servers which work on high loads and busy environments.
- In our Organization it has been observed on the Clustered environment with always-on technology, and iPMonitor cannot pinpoint the network traffic and performance which servers were switched between the servers. While switching between Active node to passive node in a clustered environment, it cannot pinpoint application web servers issues.
Likelihood to Renew
SolarWinds ipMonitor 8.2
Based on 1 answer
I have very few pieces of software, that are specific to IT and IT services, that just work. Honestly, I don't need the support as it never breaks, but I believe in rewarding vendors that make valuable products
SolarWinds ipMonitor 8.1
Based on 8 answers
SolarWinds ipMonitor is a perfectly decent network mapper and performance metric gatherer, but it is held back by the UI, which can be hard to navigate once you have more than a couple dozen assets in there. It is fairly priced, but it also sometimes takes a really long time before results come in.
SolarWinds ipMonitor 8.6
Based on 10 answers
Although I had not much support ticket with ipMonitor support team but I can share my overall experience with SolarWinds products and support team. I am working with SolarWinds support team since last 7 years and in last 2-3 years I have seen a significant improvement in knowledge documentation which is helping end users to troubleshoot problems by themselves. Apart from this SolarWinds phone call based support is very nice as tickets and emails might take some time but a direct phone call can get your job done quickly comparatively.
We have run Zabbix in the past and while it is a great and very flexible tool (much more than SolarWinds), it is also an Open Source tool that depends heavily on the community. When it comes to more complex environments and global implementations with business critical applications, we could not rely on the community to support us.SolarWinds is a leader on monitoring industry and has a great support.
Analyst in Information TechnologyOil & Energy Company, 10,001+ employees
Return on Investment
- We currently use an outside service to monitor critical network nodes. We will do away with that service shortly.
- We no longer have to wait to hear from our users if there is a network device down. We will be proactively alerted and we can begin to remediate immediately helping to limit downtime.
- After initial setup and some tweaking, it requires little to no time to maintain.
SolarWinds ipMonitorSee All (5) SolarWinds ipMonitor Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
SolarWinds ipMonitor Editions & Modules
|ipMonitor -2500 Monitors||$57701|
|ipMonitor - 1000 Monitors||$26201|
|ipMonitor - 500 Monitors||$15701|