Likelihood to Recommend
This tool REALLY works for me because of how it is connected to the mind mapping tool and this SAVES hours (and paper) when thinking through the project and then turning the thought into a timeline in a tool. It is one thing to have a planner/roadmap but the luxury of feeding in that tool from a mind map can not be underestimated!
Feature Rating Comparison
Support for Agile Methodology
- Both the iOS and Android app were GREAT from the beginning. Also you can easily open a mind map in the iOS app from the task app. AND it works off line - so far I have not had an issue with re-syncing.
- Built in time tracking. I only use this for myself, not for tracking how other people work - it gives me a concrete idea of my own productivity. (Mobile and Online sync in real time.)
- It is really fun to use! I know this sounds simple, but the bright and colourful design of this app makes it fun and positive to use! It is at the opposite end of the path to some 'dark corporate' UXs.
- It only "talks to" to Slack and MS 365 - Of course there is a Zapier connector - but I'd like to be able to easily move tasks out of here to other programs like trello that I use with other teams.
- A full view calendar would be very welcome!
Asana: while MeisterTask is card-based, this one is list-based. This one is entirely matter of preference. I prefer cards.Trello: I used Trello for a long time and liked it. And though it lacked certain features, there were plenty of developers trying to create add-ons to browsers that patched the holes. But that brought together different styles and different ways of thinking. The solution MeisterTask provides seem much more cohesive to me.Kanbanflow: I used this one for a very long time, too. It has some features (analytics & reporting) that are not implemented in MeisterTask (yet). Where it lacks is the same MeisterTask is short: a quick overview of the project itself.Summary:There are many other similar products, some of them offering more features in their no-cost subscriptions, or plainly, more features. But then again, it's not about the number of features, but how fluid and intuitive their use is. They also suffer from the same drawbacks MeisterTask does when it is used on its own. But MeisterTask can be connected to MindMeister, and I cannot imagine a better tool for planning than a good old mind map. And MindMeister is good at that.
Return on Investment
- Structural integrity of tasks in projects became possible. It provides status transparency.
- Defining workflow helped develop routine in task management.
- Routine increased efficiency (where it can, of course).
- Increased efficiency lead to reduced effort and time requirements, thus greater chance for not passing due dates and a slight rise in quality.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
MeisterTask Editions & Modules
- per user/per month