Asana Reviews

March 10, 2020
Sandra Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Asana withing our business department to manage the graduation projects for our senior students. Asana helps us to save meetings time and reduce email communication. In our department we supervise around 20 projects per year and Asana helps us to keep track of all the projects and see the progress of each one.
  • Nice and simple platform for project management.
  • Great calendar tool to monitor deadlines.
  • Great for collaboration and team work.
  • Customization dashboard.
  • Poor exporting features.
  • Limited functions in mobile app.
Asana is one of the best platforms to manage projects and collaborate with teammates. It improves productivity by assigning tasks to each member and put deadlines for the submission of the project. It allows our students to stay focused on each task and is useful for our department to keep track of each project.
Very responsive customer support. I once needed help to integrate a planner software with Asana and I was able to get help within 24 hours.
Read Sandra Jackson's full review
July 16, 2020
We use Asana to stay organized within our marketing department. Specifically, our design team primarily uses it to track all asset requests, which is helpful to see not only who is working on the asset but what the entire team is working on as well.
  • Project management.
  • Organization.
  • Visibility.
  • The view can be a little difficult because it's so busy.
  • When submitting a task request, the person submitting is not automatically tagged.
  • Would love a view to see everything I've been tagged in.
Asana is great to help manage a project that involves several people. It helps the team with greater visibility, showing updates, and working on a single thread.

It may not be as helpful if you don't give licenses to the broader team, or if you are only going to use Asana with a small group.
I've never used their support service.
May 21, 2020
As an instructional designer, I guide a number of faculty in developing fully online courses. I use Asana to track the progress of each course development. This use includes long-term programs as well as temporary projects. Currently, there are only a few of us in the organization using Asana, but I hope to get my team on board to replace the tool we use for collaboration.
  • I find Asana's user interface easy to navigate and manipulate. Drag and drop options are built-in, the graphics are clean and clear, and it is easy to figure out how to accomplish tasks I hadn't previously done.
  • Asana is versatile, allowing various layouts (list or tiles) to accommodate the various programs and projects I need to manage.
  • Asana has good collaboration tools. Team members can receive real-time updates (if they choose) when tasks are completed, and messages can be sent within Asana.
  • Asana has great integration with Google, Microsoft, Slack, and other tools to really tie it into my organization's existing tools.
  • Asana uses a "freemium" model. I currently use the free instance, but there are many more useful features available for the Premium model.
  • I have never found My Tasks, the to-do list of Asana, to be particularly helpful. I would like to see an opportunity to prioritize those tasks on the to-do list manually.
  • Asana has a number of icons available for project links, but it would be nice to upload custom icons.
Asana is great at straight out project management. Some advanced PM tools, such as Gantt charts, require paid subscriptions, but for creating and maintaining categorized task lists and assigning tasks to specific people, Asana is a pro. I originally used Asana at my wife's multimedia production business. Now that I am working on educational projects rather than media projects, I find the principles to be so similar that I am using Asana anyway. I think it's worth it.
I have found most of the answers I need in Asana's knowledgebase. There were a few times I didn't like the answer, but I was still able to get an answer. I did not rate Asana's support any higher because the knowledge base is the only tool I have used. I have not experienced other types of customer support.
March 18, 2020
We use Asana across our Organization to keep organized and keep on task. We use it for setting tasks in our Warehouse to ensure deliveries are done in a timely manner and can be easily seen by all in our location and tracked if necessary. This makes things run a lot smoother for us overall.
  • Shipping
  • Organization
  • Tasks
  • More user friendly
  • More Options
  • Area for tracking information
Asana is great for tracking orders and ensuring a timely shipment. All employees have access and can add/change tasks in Asana. It can be used for so many different roles in our organization so we can all have a hand in using it and staying organized. This is highly recommended.
I have never had an issue with Asana that their team could not help us navigate through and find a resolution. I am highly pleased with their customer support and willingness to ensure all our needs are met and handled in a timely fashion. I would recommend them to anyone who needs tasks!
February 10, 2020
page V | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our team is using Asana with other teams in collaboration in a project management capacity. We are using it to:
  • Break down the multiple components of our projects into tasks, responsibilities, roles, and timelines.
  • Track multiple pieces of a project across complex team structures and time zones.
  • Plan time and logistical execution for our parts of the project moving forward.
  • Observe the overall project's progress as a whole (Kanban-like progress board).
  • Document processes that need to be completed so that others can implement them.
  • Timelines: With Asana, you can create Gantt charts that show you preceding/needed action items. When a part of a project is delayed, you can track how that will affect the forward trajectory of the project.
  • User management / Roles in relationship to tasks: Asana allows you to see individual users and assign them tasks in an overall project, while also being able to see what items are needed as a whole. It allows you to see who is doing what and when.
  • Organized File storage: There's one master view for file storage, OR you can store files in individual tasks. Overall, for visually-driven individuals - and for those who need a strong sense of organization, it's not that helpful.
  • Visual organization inside of tasks: The view inside of tasks could be improved for visually focused individuals; I find myself wanting more of a "notebook" view that better integrates different types of media and notes altogether.
Our team has evaluated several team collaboration tools. If your organization (five or more) needs a place where your team can collaborate, track tasks, track time, manage users and come together to get something done, Asana is going to be one of our top recommendations. The ability to see progress in a project, integrate Asana into the rest of your workflow and tools, document notes and processes inside of the process, duplicate boards and projects, and manage the process is pretty well planned. Note: It's more vital for you to know your processes and how your team works before picking out a software tool for it. However, we still recommend Asana highly.

Asana is NOT a good fit for you if you have a smaller team, don't have reliable processes, don't like seeing user management or task boards, or are looking for a free tool.
We haven't had to tap into support. Everything has been very straightforward in its use. We have been able to show up inside of other projects (with other teams) and be ready to jump in with very little need for outside assistance or support. All of the techs have worked, and we've never had to reach out to support.
Read page V's full review
Adam Lumley | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is used in multiple departments. My departments manage all of our work through Asana and collaborate on projects with other departments with it as well. It allows us to manage deadlines and responsibilities to get the job done on time. We also keep track of new ideas so that we always have a record of them to go back on. Without tracking, projects are at risk of being forgotten as other priorities arise. Asana keeps them alive.
  • Project management. Asana makes it easy for anyone to organize their projects and break them down into sub-tasks.
  • Accountability. Being able to break down projects into tasks and assign due dates, who is responsible, etc is very helpful. Asana sends reminders for the project owner to help keep everyone on task and makes it easy to follow up.
  • Communication. We have our Slack and Outlook integrated so we are able to keep tabs on our project no matter what and read it all in one place (Slack).
  • The inbox feature can be a little overwhelming if you are work with Asana just from its project boards and only checking it periodically. It would be great if it auto-cleared once a project/task is marked complete.
  • Email notifications can get excessive. You have complete control over them but initially, they can be annoying until you set the frequency you want them. It would be better if this was set during the sign-up process.
  • Notes, discussions, and attachments in subtasks sometimes go unnoticed if working from the main project board.
If you are working with a cross-functional team with multiple projects on the go regularly, Asana is a lifesaver. Everything can be shared in one place. Delegation is a breeze. Communication happens in real-time.

If you and your employees all have unchanging duties daily, this probably isn't something you need in your organization. You could adapt it and use it as a "checklist software" but I wouldn't see much value in paying for it if you won't use it to manage projects.
I haven't had to use their support so I can't rate it. The fact that I haven't needed them reflects the ease of use of the product. I would recommend that any new users schedule a complete demo of the product to ensure that they are using it to it's fullest (there's a lot of useful features).
Read Adam Lumley's full review
January 17, 2020
Chad Carman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize Asana through our marketing department to keep on task for a variety of projects, procedures, and work orders. It enables us to ensure that none of the 100s of concurrently running tasks or projects miss their due dates. We sync it through Slack to increase productivity of conversations within the department as well.
  • Ability to set it and forget it. Create a task as soon as you have it and assign a due date then you have no worries about forgetting it.
  • Keeps priorities in order
  • Allows for communication on specific tasks within Asana keeping most relevant files available.
  • Would be nice to be able to print task calendars as we keep our content calendar in Asana
Asana is best suited for groups that have multiple projects running concurrently. It allows a business organization to quickly shift projects or tasks to other individuals when certain employees or departments get bogged down. Keeping quality notes on progress allows you to see the status at an immediate glance. We couldn't maintain our efficiency without it.
Read Chad Carman's full review
December 11, 2019
Kate Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
Because I work with someone hours away, and we typically work opposite schedules, having a software where we can log projects we're working on, tasks that need completed, posting schedules, etc. was extremely important for the success of our organization. We were looking for an easy to use software that also offered a well put together app, all of which Asana offered.
  • The app is extremely useful.
  • The subtask feature has been extremely helpful when we have several steps that need to be taken care of for a project.
  • Email notifications - For each task, subtask, comment, I receive an email. This is unnecessary when I have the app on my phone.
  • Software integration with Gmail would be a huge benefit.
Asana is well suited for an organization that has employees working in distance with each other. It is also well suited for organizations that may have multiple projects going on at one time, with various schedules and due dates. We think the organization Asana has provided has been key to our success.
Overall, we love Asana. It is easy to use and easy to stay up to date with. We were looking for software that would do all we needed but wouldn't take a large chunk of our time to learn and that is exactly what Asana provided! The opportunity to utilize software purely for our benefit, and not take away anything from our organization. No compromises with Asana!
Read Kate Knight's full review
November 26, 2019
Catherine Zauner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Multiple departments use this platform to manage projects. This allows our teams to collaborate, streamline and schedule project due dates and keep track of who is working on what. This is very helpful for when people travel, there is transparency around what is due and other teammates can step in when needed. This is a great platform for efficient collaboration.
  • Project management - the ability for us to track our projects all in one place is very helpful. transparency makes it easy for everyone to be on the same page.
  • Marking projects/events complete as they happen - the fun animation makes every completed task feel like a win, and it makes using the tool more fun. Very helpful when doing something that is normally tedious.
  • For what I use it for, there is nothing I could recommend.
This product is well suited for teams where different folks are collaborating on assignments and there needs to be a clear outline as to who is working on what. It helps set very transparent expectations for progress and follow up. It may not be necessary for non-collaborative environments.
I have not used their support, and there is not an option for N/A. This is not something I can comment on because I had no interaction with the Asana Customer Support team. If this was something our managers used, I was not privy to that information, so I am unable to comment.
Read Catherine Zauner's full review
October 30, 2019
Richard Peterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is used by our digital marketing team with locations in Hartford, WI and Drummondville, Quebec, Canada, and our Chinese operation. It is great to keep track of all the fellow team members and their tasks, across different time zones. It has allowed us to reduce the sharing of spreadsheets to keep people up to date. If I want to know where a team player is on a project I check the Asana dashboard and I can get a quick update without having to write yet another email.
  • We like the detail that can be put into the updates and we have learned to say more with fewer words.
  • By updating your tasks in Asana you are letting people know where you are on the items, without them having to reach out to me.
  • We like the fact that you can all alert by task by an individual to keep key stakeholders informed. And it is easy to add or delete these alert recipients.
  • The only complaint we have is making more features available in the bases product. Some of the more popular features are upgrades costing a larger investment.
  • Quarterly credit card billing would be appreciated.
  • More training modules (video or PPT) would help the on-boarding of new members greatly. We sometimes have to do a quick WebEx to get new members up to speed.
The ideal application for this product is when you have team members that need to work closely together but are separated by thousands of miles and in some cases by languages. We like the English option and feel this tool has increased our ability to communicate faster and more accurately as a team, which makes us look good to our bosses.
Asana has a good library of resources but could use more videos, short videos.
Read Richard Peterson's full review
September 26, 2019
JATIN GUPTA | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used by our organization in both modes application and web. It provides us the complete solution of product development and the way its dashboard is designed it makes our work easy. The communication among teams is clear, everyone knows the development stages and plans and works accordingly as per requirement.
  • Project development stages and content sharing
  • Internal Communication is strong point of asana.
  • remote and easy access, as its application version is also available.
  • The new request of projects must be as per order.
  • The communication mode on online active calling must be added
  • cost need to be re considered.
Asana is best suited in the environment of development where the need is rapid development and results. The communication and team designing are quick with their dashboard. Asana proves to be most powerful in terms of software development at same time it does not suit for small scale projects where we need to follow traditional waterfall models.
The major reason to rate 9 ton asana are:
1. Customer support is very good and fast.
2. The e - mail reply to the user is within 24 hours and to efficiently handle query each issue allocated with a unique id number.
3. The cost is under budget not so high, but provide a lot of advantages.
Read JATIN GUPTA's full review
September 26, 2019
Berlynn Pierce | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is being used across the organization, however, it is being under-utilized to assist in cross-channel coordination. Each team manages their own tasks and timelines differently and we have yet to unify or understand how to personalize the Asana experience and flow based on the team. For example, the Creative Team and approving assets need to adapt their flow from the Email Marketing Team processes.
  • Simple to create teams depending on which group you need to be part of. I am currently only able to view one team which happens to house 10 Projects.
  • I can easily communicate with multiple people on one project and can avoid email chains.
  • A board can be easily made that is visual in nature and can help the user see where a request is in the process.
  • Comments can get crazy: a single comment is emailed out to the entire group (that can be 10+ people). And it can be very difficult to go back in a conversation and view what the comment was referencing.
  • You can only comment on a project and not add another image or document.
  • The Description and team are always able to view but not always previous work done. For example, in a creative team, I can see the delivery but not the previous copy or design work just that it is complete.
Asana would seem to work well for anything other than assets or for a creative team. We may go back to Basecamp for communication and delivery of assets. We have many teams using this but not much collaboration which can create duplicate work, additional emails, and overall a longer turnaround time.
I have not needed to use Asana support other than training videos which are extensive but not for what I needed (looking for a way to set up Asana for my unique audiences that would be custom compared to how other teams are managing projects).
Read Berlynn Pierce's full review
Anish Walinjkar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is used in our Product Engineering Services (PES) part of our business. In this, we develop software products for our customers or sometimes for internal needs. Most of the teams in PES use Asana for task assigning, monitoring, and tracking purposes. It's one of the best tools to manage and collaborate on project tasks in parallel to any other project management tool like Primavera, SAP-Projects Systems, or Microsoft Project.
  • It is easy to use and record a project's tasks.
  • The manager or any responsible team member can assign/reassign a task to other team members. It also sends email to all the participants and team members who are responsible for delivery of the task
  • The free version of Asana also comes with lots of features - like task assignment, monitoring, and tracking, email alerts, status tracking based on due dates etc.
  • It is good for managing tasks but has limitations if you need to track bugs/issues. For a bug tracking system one would also need some other information fields like Bug ID, Customer, Severity / Priority etc.
  • Adding custom fields - Not sure whether Asana allows it.
  • It allows you to attach documents. But it should allow you to put a screenshot in line with the text so that the person reading the description of the task/issue doesn't have to refer to an attachment for small screenshots.
If you are a manager or a team lead, Asana is one of the finest applications for managing, tracking task that keeps you in control of your deliverables. It also keeps track and records historical data and tasks. You can also refer to old similar issue if you have across in the past. It also allows you to merge, duplicate or delete a particular task. For quick review, Asana also has a mobile app that can be downloaded.
I don't remember if we've had to get into a customer support call. Most of the functionalities are easy to use or explained on their website.
Read Anish Walinjkar's full review
September 21, 2019
Ryan Durry | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started using Asana in just my department (creative services), but it organically caught on when other teams saw us using it, and eventually the organization decided to upgrade to the paid account for all staff. It has become an essential daily tool for all teams for a huge variety of tasks.
  • Ease of use and access.
  • Shared locations for tasks and notes.
  • Easy retrieval of historical data and notes.
  • Does not work well as a communication tool -- email and chat functions still used to supplement daily workflow.
  • Daily calendars are not an option -- meeting invites and availability still fall to other tools.
  • Workload and portfolio management tools have moved to more expensive tiers and are out of reach for our team.
Asana is exceptionally well suited to replace your daily notebook or pile of post-its. Ease of use and access mean it is always there for you and won't slow you down. Meeting agendas and shared notetaking have really improved our office. The only areas it falls short are in calendar management and communication. I would be thrilled if I could move further away from Outlook in my daily work, but Asana just doesn't quite do it.
We have not encountered a lot of issues, and Asana training opportunities have covered most of our needs, so our need for support has been minimal. When I have worked with them though, the experience has been pleasant and helpful. My biggest gripe is in rising costs and features (like Portfolios) being pulled out of lower-level tiers and put behind the higher-cost access.
Read Ryan Durry's full review
September 21, 2019
Alicia Barevich, bCRE, bCEE | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is a great project management tool for complex projects with lots of tasks and lots of participants. It is quite customizable, though many of the visual tweaks need to be made each time—there isn't excellent/smooth "template" capability, which hinders its "out of the box" usability. However, when project plans are made thoughtfully, they can be exceptionally beautiful and well organized.
  • Ability to hold editable information in multiple locations across a project plan. Steps, comments, sub-steps, etc.
  • Ability to check off tasks with an audit log.
  • Email reminders
  • Different customizable views.
  • I wish there were better "template" options. In order to streamline many projects with a similar look and feel, a lot of effort needs to go into creating a style guide for how they should be set up. This isn't critical but can maximize the use of Asana. However, with the granular effort it takes, and leaving room for human error when managing it, your projects can turn disorganized fairly quickly.
  • There are numerous menus and views but they can get cluttered together. Similar to templates, I wish you could better customize all of the elements of views and what you see in menus.
Project management, especially with multiple users! You can clearly specify who is responsible for each task, and they can complete it. Participants can have a dialog with comments and pass tasks between each other. It's an easy way to manage projects and analyze accountability.
I've never contacted Asana support.
Read Alicia Barevich, bCRE, bCEE's full review
December 11, 2019
Erin Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is being used by Cantle Tech to manage projects of remote employees. We are located all over the country and we work on cross-team platforms. We needed a project management package to keep up with everything on a task-by-task basis.
  • Organizes Tasks among members of a project team
  • Keeps the timeline current
  • Ability to integrate with Google Drive
  • I lose tasks in the lists.
  • Email notifications get confusing
Asana is well-suited for remote teams who work on multiple projects at once. You don't have to be an expert to use Asana. It's very user friendly and adaptable for organizations.
I haven't had to reach out to their support.
Read Erin Harris's full review
October 30, 2019
Yidiel Suarez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is a great program for both assigning and delegating tasks between multiple employees. It honestly makes things a whole lot easier when there are so many things to do and they all have to be spread around to different departments. Asanas super simple UI design and helpful hints make it a breeze to assign, check off, and confirm tasks done, reported, and assigned by the managers to the employees. All in all a very useful application and software.
  • Assign tasks.
  • Delegating tasks.
  • Organizing tasks by priority.
  • Exporting lists.
  • A more detailed overview.
  • Profiles for employees.
Asana is well suited for a scenario where employees need to be scheduled tasks for individual priority and concern. Asana does this very well. I don't think an employer who let's say only has two or three employees working on two or three tasks would find much use for this program.
Haven't had to use support so far.
Read Yidiel Suarez's full review
Jithin Jacob | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is one of the tools that I am using in my organization within my team. It helps me to organize projects within the team and share it with team members. Asana is a very fast and lightweight platform.
  • Fast.
  • Project sharing is easy between the team members and the mobile environment is great.
  • I can create individual tasks and keep people updated.
  • Can’t prioritize my tasks.
  • It would be great if the tasks or projects get synchronized with my device's calendar.
Team and project management. Sharing data between teams.
I have had a great experience with Asana and plan to continue using it.
Read Jithin Jacob's full review
September 20, 2019
Kimberly Wamble | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is not used across the entire organization. It is used by 1 division with 4 departments. We use it to organize and track tasks and projects across the 4 different departments. It helps the departments obtain divisional cohesion and keeps employees aware of what is going on throughout the division.
  • Keep up with recurring tasks.
  • Send reminders about upcoming tasks.
  • Allows for public and private projects.
  • Make tasks sharable not just followable.
  • Allow shared tasks to be manipulated by all users who the task is shared with.
Asana's enterprise version is very powerful for working among teams. However, due to the nature of employees and students sharing .edu emails, we are unable to use the enterprise version and keep it private to just employees without students having access. Because of that, the module that we use has some limitations.
They are always very responsive to our needs whenever we reach out.
Read Kimberly Wamble's full review
Rao Tahir | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's an excellent tool for organized and timely workflow. It allows tasks to be carried out calmly and fluently. With this platform, you do not miss any due dates. The sharing of files and documents within the platform saves a lot of time and what I liked most is the independence of tasks for each member of the group.
  • everything is web-based, so it does not take any space on your system.
  • The user interface is very friendly and helps people not have to guess where the important options are.
  • The sharing of files and documents within the platform saves a lot of time.
  • It is necessary to update your service plan, and that costs money if you have a big organization.
  • price is unfair for few users, also.
In the beginning, I already said Asana is the definitive solution for teamwork. This program adapts very well to the needs of the group, making it easy to share files without having to use the company's email. All together we work better by assigning ourselves tasks and sub-tasks and setting the time to do them. Things get more relaxed.
If ever I contact Asana support, they are very effective.
Read Rao Tahir's full review
Kiara Elder | TrustRadius Reviewer
This is used across our organization and it is great for project management. It allows us to see who is doing what and when and the timetables that we have and are working with. Great program and it has a small learning curve which is helpful for those who are not the best with computers.
  • Task lists
  • Time lines
  • organizes
  • Sometimes hard to follow
  • Easy to add tasks not as easy to delete them
  • Some confusion when two people are working the same task with updates
This is great for group project management with people in many different locations. It keeps items easy to view and organized either by the project or the person doing specific tasks within the project. Great for communicating when things are done or on hold or when they cannot be accomplished. Not great for the small projects but absolutely wonderful for the large ones.
It is wonderful for what all it does. Something I would recommend.
Read Kiara Elder's full review
Alan Gadbois | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana was used to help various departments in our company organize tasks and collaborate with other teams. It was used for sorting daily tasks and project tasks as well.
  • Organization
  • Collaboration
  • Ease of use
  • Mobile functionality at the time was difficult.
Asana is great for organizing and setting up tasks for multiple teams. It's good for setting up daily and longer-term tasks for employees. It has a very simple team structure. We just had some issues with mobile use but otherwise a fine product.
Read Alan Gadbois's full review
January 14, 2020
Asana is being used to assign tasks throughout the entire organization. We have remote employees in Canada, the United States, India and the Philippines. Due to everyone working in different time zones, communication becomes a problem. By assigning tasks via Asana, everyone knows your schedule for the day and when a task is completed, the next task can start by the next person in line. Previously, we used Wrike and Trello but these tools did not provide a proper way of communicating among the team members. In Wrike, when a person up the project line changes a task's due date to a later time which affects the entire down line, there's no way of informing the other affected employees. For Trello, it was more like a post-it note. Good for planning but not easy to hold people accountable for tasks not being completed.
  • Able to create a template that can be copied. This is good for projects that has to be constantly repeated. For example, on-boarding a new employee.
  • Able to assign due dates and tasks dependency. So for example, if Task B is dependent on Task A being completed and Task A was moved to a different date, employee assigned to do Task B will be informed of the change of due date of Task A.
  • On a daily basis, everyone is able to see what needs to be done for the day and prioritize their time accordingly. And managers can easily check if tasks assigned to employees for the week is too little or too much and tweak assignments easily.
  • The ability to assign projects based on templates with a start date and the number of required days per task. In this case, Wrike is more capable. For example, if I know Task A needs 3 days to complete before Task B can start, I would like the ability to assign Task A to start on Monday and have Asana automatically assign Task B to start on Thursday when template is being copied. Unfortunately, this is not possible with Asana.
Asana is well suited for companies with employees in different time zones. Everyone starts work at a different time but with the tasks assignment system, everyone knows when a task is required to be completed and when it can be started. I think Asana works among cross-functional teams too. For example, if the marketing department needs design work to be done before handing off to an outside agency for advertisement, people from different teams are involved. The project owner can scope out the entire project and start assigning tasks to stakeholders. And when the stakeholders get the assigned tasks, it is easy to communicate among the entire organization if they have comments or issues through the assigned task. Best of all, everyone is held accountable for the tasks assigned to them. If a due date is changed or if tasks are not completed, managers can hold the task owner accountable for the delay. I find that Asana also makes employees more accountable for their actions if they know that everyone involved in the project is aware of their actions or inaction.
Personally, I have not contacted Asana customer service. But seeing how Asana has improved over the last 2 years, I feel that Asana is listening to their users and implementing changes to help make it better. So in that regard, Asana is continuously supporting their users.
September 17, 2019
Asana was being used by my organization in a project management and tracking capacity. It is being used currently by the marketing department. The business problem it addresses is project management with employees and team members across Canada. It allows us to keep track of our projects and where we are in terms of completing our individual tasks.
  • Notifies when a task has been completed
  • Notifies users in a project when a task or deadline has been changed
  • Allowed collaborators to communicate with one another seamlessly
  • Was a bit difficult to learn at first
  • Support isn't always that helpful
The program is a great tool for anyone who has trouble managing projects and teams across a large organization. With many people on a project, email communications can get scrambled and confusing with so many different means of communication. With Asana, everyone can communicate through the program and see what everyone is working on.
They had good and responsive support, however they were not always able to help resolve the issue right away.
January 02, 2020
We have been using Asana in our organization to effectively manage the tasks among the team members. Using Asana we have been able to keep track of all our colleagues' tasks in one place and also can easily see the progress. What I like best about this tool is that we can easily create, assign and communicate among the team members.
  • Easy to create & assign tasks among team members
  • User Friendly Interface
  • Tagging the teammate on tasks
  • Leaving Notes
  • Inability to merge calendars
  • Sometime projects get complex to handle
Asana is well suited for some big projects where a lot of team members are involved and it helps us to keep track of all team members task progress and see a complete picture of whether we are heading in the right direction or not. So it is better for big projects for the whole team.
We hardly get a chance to interact with their team because we never faced any issue in their tool and the User Interface is so well made that it helped us to understand all features of this tool without any assistance. However, whenver we needed any consultations we always got satisfactory answers from them

Task Management (101)
Resource Management (84)
Gantt Charts (2)
6.5
Scheduling (91)
Workflow Automation (76)
Team Collaboration (101)
Support for Agile Methodology (7)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (7)
Document Management (87)
Email integration (82)
Mobile Access (85)
Timesheet Tracking (6)
6.1
Change request and Case Management (4)
Budget and Expense Management (43)
Project & financial reporting (1)
5.5
Integration with accounting software (20)

What is Asana?

Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives. The vendor states that with Asana, teams are more confident, move faster, and accomplish more with less, no matter where they are located. Asana boasts more than 75,000 paying organizations and millions of free organizations across 195 countries as users, who manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. Teams do great things when everyone has clarity and is empowered to do their part. Asana aims to give teams the confidence to plan, organize, and execute their most ambitious work from anywhere.

Asana Features

Has featureEmail integration
Has featureMobile Access
Has featureBudget and Expense Management

Professional Services Automation Features

Has featureIntegration with accounting software
Has featureWork Management
Has featureOKRs

Asana Screenshots

Asana Videos (2)

Asana Integrations

Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, Microsoft Teams, Jira Software, Slack, GitHub, Zapier, Microsoft Power BI, Salesforce, Adobe Creative Cloud, Tableau

Asana Competitors