<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.2 out of 100
Based on 434 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Oracle SQL Developer is well-suited for all companies that are using Oracle SQL Databases. First and foremost, it is absolutely free, and there are many free in-depth tutorials and documentation online to answer all of your questions. No matter the amount of experience, I am sure all database administrators will be able to work much more productively with their organization's databases through this IDE.
Engineer in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 51-200 employees
- Export SQL results to a spreadsheet. After a query is run, you are able to export the results to a spreadsheet
- Easily preview data columns on an Oracle table or view and the metadata on those columns.
- SQL Editor is color-coded so that you can tell easily what are keywords.
- You can set up SQL code templates to be able to use shortcut keys to format your SQL query easily in a readable format that you prefer.
Analyst in Information TechnologyHospital & Health Care Company, 10,001+ employees
- Setup can be challenging if your schemas aren't well formed or managed. Also, the ability to model/develop extensions for an existing database solution will depend on how robust the DBA provisioned roles and designed the respective schemas.
- Detailed analysis of models can be clunky for complex relational models.
Manager in Information TechnologyInformation Technology and Services Company, 501-1000 employees
Toad and SQL developer are often compared and we considered both at the beginning. Arguably, Toad outperforms SQL developer in terms of many functionalities. The biggest reason we encouraged our engineers to use SQL developer was cost. Although it is not enriched like Toad, it is still a very well functioning and supported product.
Project Manager in Research & DevelopmentHospital & Health Care Company, 10,001+ employees
Return on Investment
- SQL Developer is a free tool that comes with the licenses of Oracle Database, so it's quite inappropriate to talk about ROI of this software itself.
- SQL Developer is not a "you get what you pay for" product. Using it can cut out an entire line from your budget, so there is no comparison in that regard. We now only buy a few licenses for other similar tools and only when the user can prove SQL Developer doesn't meet the need.
- In some cases, new programmers come in that are not familiar with SQL Developer. People tend to like what is familiar, so there is some initial time spent learning the tool. But that is balanced out because it really is pretty intuitive.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?