What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Based on my experience, this is a solid platform for a small to mid sized company, especially when there is someone who has IT experience, or can get outsourced IT help. I would not recommend for someone who is a technology novice. Also, this is a competent device for someone who is looking to add VPN services for remote workers.
- Very good security features including hardware-level AntiVirus and Intrusion Prevention.
- Customizable firewall rules and NAT policies that will match any network's needs.
- GEO-Locational filtering helps close off unnecessary countries from seeing the company network.
- Have not had a significant change in code for several years. Features are somewhat stagnant.
- Global monitoring and management system is not as efficient as competitors.
- Firmware upgrades can sometimes go awry and brick boxes requiring on-site intervention.
SonicWall and WatchGuard are both fine appliances, but I am accustomed to the Barracuda NG. The Barracuda Control Center is so powerful and useful that it beats out the other two. SonicWall does a great job of dividing up firewall rules and NAT policies, but this is a preference among engineers.
Return on Investment
- Positive: protect the network and close off all possible connections that are unneeded.
- Positive: security features are industry-grade and will protect networks from malicious vectors.
- Negative: global management requires additional software package but is not as efficient as competitors.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?