Reviews (1-2 of 2)
November 20, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
The Amazon ECS is used by all the people from the development team here. The structure helps us a lot. In Amazon ECS we can run all of our backend projects and some tests. It is not so simple to configure but when you do it, it becomes a very easy tool to work. Amazon offers other features that are very important to us, like Amazon RDS.
- It provides us the possibility to run all of our back-end projects.
- Other Amazon features help us a lot.
- It could give us more time to test.
- It is not simple to configure.
- Some information is confusing.
Read Marcelo Araujo's full review
Amazon ECS is recommended when you are looking for a very good server container to work with. It is the first name when you think about the cloud. And it has built for big projects. As I said, it could be a little bit easier to configure. Some information is confused sometimes.
December 06, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Amazon ECS is being used company-wide and is being used in many different capacities. We utilize our AWS environment for both production services as well as for testing and research capabilities. ECS is being used across instances using Fargate or just as a mechanism with generic ec2 instances.
- Well Integrated - As with the majority of AWS services, ECS works will with any other AWS product (Route 53, CloudWatch, IAM, etc).
- Easy to get started with - It is easy to get started building just about anything in AWS and using ECS is no exception to this rule. Be careful though -- AWS lets you do/build anything in any way you could think of and allowing yourself to shoot yourself in the foot is no exception.
- Another AWS Service - While AWS has a service for just about everything, that is also a negative point. There is no service that does 4 out of 4 things you need. This service does 3 out of 4, another service does the fourth thing you need and another two things that the other service does.
- With AWS things in general, it's really hard to remain cloud agnostic. Keep that in mind.
Read this authenticated review
If you are containerizing your applications and using AWS, you are more than likely using or should be using ECS. It's a great service and if you aren't using Kubernetes, it's definitely worth giving it a shot.
Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) Scorecard Summary
About Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS)
Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) is a scalable, high performance container management service that supports Docker containers.
Categories: Container Management
Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) Technical Details