Reviews (1-3 of 3)
February 03, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
Since in our company, we are using both Git, and Perforce we have chosen Assembla to be our multi-repository source code management platform specialized in cloud-based version control services. It serves as a centralized management tool for the source code of our agile code projects allowing us to manage several projects at once quickly.
- Well designed real time reporting and auditing.
- Scanning for secret key credentials and vulnerable component dependencies automatically.
- User interface could be made a bit more intuitive.
- Pricing levels could be made more flexible.
Read this authenticated review
Assembla brings ease of deployment and delivers high performance, fully managed source control solutions even for massive, enterprise projects. It will work exceptionally well if your company requires integration with your own private cloud. For smaller projects, it is probably better to go for a simpler and cheaper tool where less configuration is needed.
March 29, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
Assembla was brought on as a tool to manage technology requests between our department and a partner company. We utilized Assembla in order to coordinate open ticket requests, route to key users, follow up as needed and close out items. Prior to this we managed the requests via email which was not an efficient nor timely process. Key decision makers and points were lost in the email shuffle and Assembla allowed for us to track items.
- Provided tickets that could be assigned to multiple users within the organization and our partner so that the appropriate people were involved.
- The ability to escalate and prioritize requests so that the most important tasks were getting handled first.
- A reference point to go back to prior tickets to use previous solutions for any new problems. It created a history for us.
- Ability to work on projects at our own pace.
- The ability to export the tasks or run metrics on them.
- Mobile ability.
Read Wendy Hamstra-Smith's full review
Assembla works well when you are working with multiple groups or entities. We dealt with different time zones, different levels of involvement with the projects, etc so this allows for us to have responses back in a quicker fashion. It also helps us clue in the appropriate people and rely less on following multiple email chains.
We use Assembla to track project management tasks and facilitate users' daily work.
- Assembla assists in the workload balancing of our programmers.
- We are able to use Assembla to manage sprints and sprint planning in our agile format.
- It should be easier to search for items by keyword.
- Settings could be easier to manage--for instance I may want every update on projects that I manage but daily recaps on other workspaces.
Read this authenticated review
Assembla is great for task management within a project management protocol.
Assembla Scorecard Summary
Assembla, headquartered in Weston, Massachusetts, is a source code management and version control solution now supported by Idera (acquired 2018).
Categories: Version Control
Assembla Technical Details