Base is a CRM systems designed for salespeople who need to access via mobile devices. Base was founded in 2009 and acquired by Zendesk in 2018.Base - the Best!This is being used for our Department, the Merchandising Division. We house all of our Contacts, Leads, and Orders through this system. It also helps keep us on task by way of having Tasks that we keep up with daily. Between our team, we are able to create Tasks for one another when we take calls for each other, and can house Notes according to future orders that will be coming. Without this, we would be lost in the weeds of our emails, endlessly searching for the right email chain, as opposed to organizing the content within the Order itself, the Client connected with the Order, and the Tasks related to it. It is great to get to go back and review previous orders so we also can create consistency for Reorders or subsequent orders for recurring clients.,My favorite piece is the Tasks connected to the Clients OR the Deals themselves that keep the process moving with the right steps, and helps our team from doubling our work, or missing a piece that is crucial for the completion of the sale. The email integration helps to keep all things housed in one place also, so that you're not bouncing back and forth in multiple platforms to stay on top of the orders. Customizations are a HUGE part of why we use Base CRM right now. We can make sure we are recording all of the right information, and not wasting time by having to fill in or skip over content that doesn't apply to our business model. I also like the ability to tied Deals to multiple people, especially as Referrals come across, so we don't forget how we got in touch with different clients.,I mentioned the email integration, but this can be 10 minutes or more behind real time, which discourages our team from actually using it all the time. If it was quicker in the download of our emails, we would not feel behind or miss any deadlines. I'd love to see other programs like FRESHBOOKS or other payment platforms able to be integrated well, so that we can truly do everything out of Base. Maybe even the ability to create invoices, and receive payments, through Base as well. That would be great! It would be great for the Mobile App to be more user-friendly. It is good, but doesn't WOW our team, so we don't use it very much, which keeps us more locked down to our laptops.,8,With the price being where it is, it felt like a worthy investment just to try it out. We did lots of research on what is possible as compared to the price, and Base won out! We've actually stuck with it for over 2 years now! I think the quality of the product could increase, with more interfaces, more user-friendly work, and better customer service. I would also love to see on-going Trainings happen with Base that would increase the ROI so that we are fully able to use what we pay for. Overall, it's been the best choice we could have made.,Goldmine CRM,FreshBooks, Google DriveExcellent CRM for All Sales TeamsBase CRM is used across all our departments for sales forecasting and pipeline management. The platform has a wonderful and simple UI/UX that allows for ease of use across all touch points for all team members and allows effective management of all opportunities across the business from both existing and new clients.,Great UX /UI Effective Contact & Pipeline Management Good for forecasting Excellent Reporting Capabilities,Tags don't always save on the opportunity/lead No way to make fields mandatory without partner support Mobile app should have default to set to calls over VoIP,9,Increased Both Topline & Bottomline Revenue Better time management on sales opportunities Saved costs compared to other more expensive CRM software,Salesforce, Nutshell CRM and SugarCRM,G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, Wrike, MailChimpBest CRM for Agile Sales Teams!We use Base CRM to streamline, organize, and track our sales pipeline. It is used primarily by the sales team, with a bit of use coming from marketing as well. Tasks and reminders are used to make sure no leads slip under the radar, and email tracking helps inform more strategic follow-up.,Base CRM has a fantastic mobile app. I have yet to encounter a more feature-rich and user-friendly CRM app. You can have the app alert you to leads and customer that are nearby, and easily log sales calls right from your cell phone. Brilliant. Email tracking is great. We can see when leads open our emails, and which links they clicked. This helps our reps follow up with more strategic communication.,The Smart Lists could be improved by having the ability to share between sales reps. Right now, reps can only see Smart Lists that they have created in their own account. Having the ability to turn deals back into leads would be helpful, as reps occasionally convert leads to deals erroneously, and then can't go back.,9,Base CRM has helped us increase our monthly sales revenue by more than 400%, without adding any additional salespeople. Base is affordable, and we recouped our subscription costs (and more) within the first three months of using the software. Base has helped improve morale for our sales team by helping them track and share their progress. This is especially important for us, as our team works remotely.Base CRM is the "Base" of the businessBase CRM has been the CRM tool I have used for eGuide Tech Allies since I started by business. As a small business, I sourced a few alternative options, but Base's interface, price point, and ability to grow as my business grows is what sold me on the tool. Base is used for all pipeline and sales tracking, as well as a client data base and communications log.,Sales tracking: Setting up a new deal in base is intuitive and easy to do. With the ability to create new contacts, and business within the construction of a deal, it takes under 2 minutes to generate a new deal, assign tags, and link it to an email that may already exist in the data base. Email integration: Linking base to g-suite allows me to make sure that everyone that I am emailing is logged in my client data base. From the email interface, you can view contacts that do not exist in your customer log, and with a touch of a button create a new contact. Reporting: Reporting with Base is intuitive, visual, and easy to adjust based on what search parameters you would like to view. Using filters, tags, and dates you can manipulate data to exactly what you are looking to drill down to in a click of a button. No drawn out coding process to view data like some CRMs.,Integrations: Base currently has some integrations available, but for my business I do all of my invoicing through Quickbooks, and currently the only integration available is a paid "zap" through Zapier, which exports new invoices created in Quickbooks to Base. I'd love for there to be a seamless integration between Quickbooks and Base. Marketing tools: Contacts are easy enough to track and export via the contact viewer, smart lists, and filters, but there are no marketing tools available through base. The process of exporting and importing into another system like Mail Chimp is easy though.,10,Knowledge: having the ability to manipulate the data of previous sales, client industries, and custom tags, mean that you can literally drill down to any level of information currently assigned in the system. This is an invaluable tool. Mobility: Being able to track deals, adjust the pipeline, and add and search client information from a anywhere makes it easy to do business from a mobile device or anywhere with wifi. Growth: New features are continually being added to Base. With each new roll out, the system becomes more robust, the experience easier and more intuitive, and the ability to track and manipulate data easier.,,Google Drive, MailChimp, QuickBooks OnlineFantastic!Base CRM is used by our sales department during our entire lead nurturing process. The problem that it currently solves for me and my team, is ensuring that no leads are dropped and that I can understand what is happening with a lead just by looking at the lead profile within Base. It keeps us organized and ensures a positive experience for our leads.,Pipeline Management Reporting Task Management Display of lead information,Ability to format text when taking notes Flexibility of adjusting stages within the pipeline,10,Keeps sales reps organized and the team can all be on the same page regarding specific deals Revenue generating activities are easily focused on Reporting allows our team to understand the nuances of our sales process by showing us the data that is important,Salesforce and SugarCRM,Outreach, Data.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Base CRM

Base CRM Reviews

Base CRM
Top Rated Award
Filter 33 vetted Base CRM reviews and ratings
bryan robison profile photo
October 30, 2017

Base CRM Review: "Base - the Best!"

• My favorite piece is the Tasks connected to the Clients OR the Deals themselves that keep the process moving with the right steps, and helps our team from doubling our work, or missing a piece that is crucial for the completion of the sale.
  • The email integration helps to keep all things housed in one place also, so that you're not bouncing back and forth in multiple platforms to stay on top of the orders.
  • Customizations are a HUGE part of why we use Base CRM right now. We can make sure we are recording all of the right information, and not wasting time by having to fill in or skip over content that doesn't apply to our business model.
  • I also like the ability to tied Deals to multiple people, especially as Referrals come across, so we don't forget how we got in touch with different clients.
  • I mentioned the email integration, but this can be 10 minutes or more behind real time, which discourages our team from actually using it all the time. If it was quicker in the download of our emails, we would not feel behind or miss any deadlines.
  • I'd love to see other programs like FreshBooks or other payment platforms able to be integrated well, so that we can truly do everything out of Base. Maybe even the ability to create invoices, and receive payments, through Base as well. That would be great!
  • It would be great for the Mobile App to be more user-friendly. It is good, but doesn't WOW our team, so we don't use it very much, which keeps us more locked down to our laptops.
I think that for a company that creates any sales and needs to house their client information, the Base is perfect. The price of the program makes it completely worth the investment. And to be able to use customizations makes it possible for any business that does sales use Base for their orders.

I would say for companies that use legal contracts or binding contracts for their business, Base may be too simple for their needs. We work in tandem with a company that always has contracts going back and forth, and the build out of the customizations here weren't really going to work for them.
Read bryan robison's full review
Ali Nisar profile photo
November 20, 2017

Base CRM Review: "Excellent CRM for All Sales Teams"

• Great UX /UI
  • Effective Contact & Pipeline Management
  • Good for forecasting
  • Excellent Reporting Capabilities
  • Tags don't always save on the opportunity/lead
  • No way to make fields mandatory without partner support
  • Mobile app should have default to set to calls over VoIP
Excellent product for any sales team that receive and handle a lot of leads and opportunities for existing and new clients.

Lead scoring functionality allows the teams to focus on the opportunities that drive sales and conversions and prevents wasted time on the less valuable opportunities and deals.

Pipeline management helps the sales team to achieve the revenue targets much more effectively
Read Ali Nisar's full review
Jon Butler profile photo
October 31, 2017

Base CRM Review: "Best CRM for Agile Sales Teams!"

• Base CRM has a fantastic mobile app. I have yet to encounter a more feature-rich and user-friendly CRM app. You can have the app alert you to leads and customer that are nearby, and easily log sales calls right from your cell phone. Brilliant.
  • Email tracking is great. We can see when leads open our emails, and which links they clicked. This helps our reps follow up with more strategic communication.
  • The Smart Lists could be improved by having the ability to share between sales reps. Right now, reps can only see Smart Lists that they have created in their own account.
  • Having the ability to turn deals back into leads would be helpful, as reps occasionally convert leads to deals erroneously, and then can't go back.
Base is a great all-around CRM for a wide range of company sizes. It is especially well suited for the modern, agile sales team due to it's powerful mobile app. Reps can stay connected wherever they are, and easily keep their customer communication up to date. If you need a CRM that integrates deeply with your digital marketing strategy, there may be better options out there.
Read Jon Butler's full review
Gregory Perrine profile photo
October 31, 2017

User Review: "Base CRM is the "Base" of the business"

• Sales tracking: Setting up a new deal in base is intuitive and easy to do. With the ability to create new contacts, and business within the construction of a deal, it takes under 2 minutes to generate a new deal, assign tags, and link it to an email that may already exist in the data base.
  • Email integration: Linking base to g-suite allows me to make sure that everyone that I am emailing is logged in my client data base. From the email interface, you can view contacts that do not exist in your customer log, and with a touch of a button create a new contact.
  • Reporting: Reporting with Base is intuitive, visual, and easy to adjust based on what search parameters you would like to view. Using filters, tags, and dates you can manipulate data to exactly what you are looking to drill down to in a click of a button. No drawn out coding process to view data like some CRMs.
  • Integrations: Base currently has some integrations available, but for my business I do all of my invoicing through Quickbooks, and currently the only integration available is a paid "zap" through Zapier, which exports new invoices created in Quickbooks to Base. I'd love for there to be a seamless integration between Quickbooks and Base.
  • Marketing tools: Contacts are easy enough to track and export via the contact viewer, smart lists, and filters, but there are no marketing tools available through base. The process of exporting and importing into another system like Mail Chimp is easy though.
If you are an entrepreneur or a small business that is not currently utilizing a CRM system, Base CRM is a cost effective and robust solution available on the market that gives you an easy to understand, and developed platform to start tracking sales, clients, and pipelines. If you are a large business who is currently using a customized CRM system like Salesforce, there would be no need to consider Base as a CRM, the migration process and user interface will probably be too "basic" for the level that you are operating at.

Read Gregory Perrine's full review
Thomas Henderson profile photo
September 18, 2017

Base CRM Review: "Fantastic!"

• Pipeline Management
  • Reporting
  • Task Management
  • Display of lead information
  • Ability to format text when taking notes
  • Flexibility of adjusting stages within the pipeline
Base is an incredibly functional CRM. And best of all? It's not Salesforce (which has somehow succeeded)! The reporting within Base is robust, as well as the seemingly unimportant task management side of sales. My only real feedback is - allow users to format their notes.
Read Thomas Henderson's full review
Krish Jagirdar profile photo
October 31, 2017

User Review: "Base CRM is a great product"

It's great. Lightweight, easy to use. Powerful but doesn't take itself too seriously. I recommend it because it is simple to use but simultaneously well priced and not intimidating from a UI perspective. Their recent update the product I think is a great improvement overall. Give it a shot if that is what you are looking for.
  • Simple UI
  • Powerful reporting
  • Easy user management
  • Reliance on smart lists as a catch all.
  • Customer Success could be a little better.
  • Partnership opportunities could be more developed.
If you are a small to medium enterprise, Base is perfect. If you are a very large organization, I am not sure how effective it would be. Though Base has multiple pipelines for enterprise, I just feel that a firm with 100s of sales reps would likely benefit from a more heavy duty solution.
Read Krish Jagirdar's full review
Jeremy Doyle profile photo
February 24, 2016

Review: "Budget friendly Base CRM is awesome for any small salesforce!"

Base CRM is not being used anymore because we decided to go with a more robust option. Base CRM is a great option to use when an inexpensive resolution is needed. When we used it, it was used across the organization as a whole. It was an entire CRM option to track customers, along with our accounting software.
  • Free edition is great to start. This is important for smaller businesses, and appreciated as such.
  • Keeps customer records so everyone is always on the same page.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • Robust features are needed. More options for third party apps are needed as well.
  • A larger user-base would be nice, so the forum can flourish.
  • Integration with all calendars is needed.
The best case for Base CRM is at the free option for a small business. There are better options for companies with a larger marketing budget. Base CRM is a great add-on for a single salesperson to track their customers, but needs more improvements if it is to get to an enterprise level. Great free option!
Read Jeremy Doyle's full review

Customer data management / contact management (7)
9.2
Workflow management (7)
Territory management (5)
Opportunity management (7)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (7)
Contract management (5)
Quote & order management (4)
Interaction tracking (7)
9.5
Channel / partner relationship management (6)
Case management (4)
Call center management (4)
Help desk management (5)
Lead management (5)
Email marketing (3)
6.5
Task management (7)
Billing and invoicing management (3)
Reporting (7)
Forecasting (6)
Pipeline visualization (7)
Customizable reports (7)
Custom fields (7)
Custom objects (7)
Scripting environment (4)
API for custom integration (5)
Single sign-on capability (7)
9.2
Role-based user permissions (5)
9.8