https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ai/rH/X5S66BCC0U5H.JPEGInsightly - Exceeds ExpectationsWe use Insightly across the organization for customer relationship management at each stage in the sales funnel: from potential leads to proposal to executed contract. Streamlines access to all contacts and links to organizations for a visual of each person's role in the organization. User-friendly workflow for task and project management, as well as assigning tasks to remote users for transparency when needed or privacy options for specific tasks or projects.,User-friendly database set up via import of contacts from multiple sources On-going support and training: live webinars, recordings or on-line Q&A are invaluable Reporting flexibility and ease of adding custom fields Accessablity from multiple platforms: I use it daily on my desktop, laptop & Android,Recurring task management could use more flexibility on the triggers Emails are kept in one repository & don't link directly to the project/person referenced QuickBooks not accurate if multiple projects/subcontracts for one client Customer support is non-existent: no phone help, online chat or ticketing helpdesk system. Just post a question & wait to see if someone answers it!,6,,Zoho CRM,QuickBooks Online, Evernote, QuickBooks Pro, Dropbox, Mural.ly, Zoom,2,1,Tracking the Sales Funnel LifeCycle Tracking all contacts: potential clients to clients, referral partners, competition, subcontractors, vendors, etc Tra Tracking a Project: from Planning through Execution and invoicing on to Closeout.,More mass mailing options via MailChimp Creating more reports to analyze Clients and Potential Clients,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability,Online training,9,8,No,1,9,8,10,9,Quickbooks MailchimpSmall business review of Insightly CRMI previously used Insightly within my business to manage both my sales opportunities and ongoing client projects. It meant I had visibility across all of the pre and post sales activities relating to customers. It was invaluable in helping me to manage my time and record things I had done and needed to do. Don't actively use it now but still have a basic subscription as I still implement it with some clients. Basic subscription is no longer available to new which is a bit of a shame as it was a good entry level price for new CRM users - The new higher base price puts off a lot of CRM newbies as they can't justify the cost compared to other products on the market.,Integration with my business ecosystem which is Google Management of sales and project pipelines New interface is brilliant making using the system so much easier,Could do with automated email linking Raising the record limit on the Basic version Reinstating the Basic version - The new entry-level price is too much for CRM newbies,10,Improved efficiency Centralized contact management Streamlined business processes,Apptivo, Basecamp, Base CRM, Bitrix24, SalesforceIQ CRM, Capsule CRM, Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM,FreeAgentOptimize Project Management with InsightlyThis CRM software is currently used in the Engineering department, with Insightly we can categorize, if you have several types of products or services, you can configure categories by opportunities. It can also be used to write down the type of priority that you consider about an opportunity found, it can be added for the management of projects, files and tasks, it is really a very functional tool within the company.,It is software that allows better control and monitoring for project management. It allows the centralization of internal and external contacts of the company, improving the communication channels with suppliers and customers for the quick access to information. Through this software, a correct functional management of the company, tasks and processes is maintained.,The most versatile part of Insightly is that it starts with basic and simple features that can be expanded as you grow your needs within the company. I would like this software to have a more dynamic interface when loading tasks and / or files. That a sales management and support process is more practical to operate.,10,Streamlined business processes,NetSuite CRM+,Adobe Acrobat DC, Bitdefender GravityZone, Microsoft AccessInsightly a great offering, Easy to use - Easy to import listsIt makes it so much easier to assign tasks to my employees. I always prefer to have tasks written down to verbal tasks, so this program helps so much in that aspect. I also really like the clean, efficient look to this program. It makes it very easy to use and is not as cluttered as other similar programs. I loved the training videos that helped my employees learn the ins and outs of the program. The fact that there is tech support readily available is also a plus. I hate having only email or only phone support available, but Insightly has both!,Total contact management software that include picture of person. Great training videos to guide all level of users. Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown. CRM and project management together in the same application.,Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly. Responsive customer service that doesn't seem well informed to deal with anything beyond the most basic of questions.,10,Improved efficiency Streamlined business processes,HubSpot CRM,Adobe Audience Manager, DPS Outlook Office, SkypeInsightly - Innovator and the Best Software!We looked for a software that would adapt to our work method but that would also improve it. Insightly did that and much more. It manages our contacts and addresses the sales problems that were presented. The projects and the clients are an important issue and this software complies with the proposed functions. We work hand in hand with them and we are very grateful in how it helped us since we were a small company. We use it all the departments.,We can enter a large amount of data without problems. Easy access and creation of reports. It offers excellent information to keep us aware of tasks and regular and potential customers.,Sometimes the interface is confusing and difficult to manage, so we have to use support. The interaction with the email is horrible. Instead of just sending me a notification it sent 3 or 4, which is a bit annoying. The updates are very heavy and late.,9,,MailChimp, Mandrill, BambooHR
Insightly

Insightly Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Insightly
Top Rated Award
Filter 546 vetted Insightly reviews and ratings
Jane Beisell, PMP, CIA, Professional Organizer, Productivity Coach profile photo
December 03, 2018

User Review: "Insightly - Exceeds Expectations"

• User-friendly database set up via import of contacts from multiple sources
  • On-going support and training: live webinars, recordings or on-line Q&A are invaluable
  • Reporting flexibility and ease of adding custom fields
  • Accessablity from multiple platforms: I use it daily on my desktop, laptop & Android
  • Recurring task management could use more flexibility on the triggers
  • Emails are kept in one repository & don't link directly to the project/person referenced
  • QuickBooks not accurate if multiple projects/subcontracts for one client
  • Customer support is non-existent: no phone help, online chat or ticketing helpdesk system. Just post a question & wait to see if someone answers it!
Well suited for service-oriented businesses using the software for CRM, as a sales tool and for project management. Not suited for in-depth program management in certain industries where there is specific software addressing document and cost control issues, e.g. construction management.
Read Jane Beisell, PMP, CIA, Professional Organizer, Productivity Coach's full review
Vince McConville profile photo
September 05, 2018

"Small business review of Insightly CRM"

• Integration with my business ecosystem which is Google
  • Management of sales and project pipelines
  • New interface is brilliant making using the system so much easier
  • Could do with automated email linking
  • Raising the record limit on the Basic version
  • Reinstating the Basic version - The new entry-level price is too much for CRM newbies
Well suited to a small business that needs to manage both sales and projects at a high level. Not so great for in depth project management.
Read Vince McConville's full review
Alexander Palma Ibarra profile photo
November 27, 2018

Review: "Optimize Project Management with Insightly"

• It is software that allows better control and monitoring for project management.
  • It allows the centralization of internal and external contacts of the company, improving the communication channels with suppliers and customers for the quick access to information.
  • Through this software, a correct functional management of the company, tasks and processes is maintained.
  • The most versatile part of Insightly is that it starts with basic and simple features that can be expanded as you grow your needs within the company.
  • I would like this software to have a more dynamic interface when loading tasks and / or files.
  • That a sales management and support process is more practical to operate.
In my personal opinion Insightly is perfectly suited for the following functions:

Contact management
Project management
Business management
Social CRM
Mobile CRM
Read Alexander Palma Ibarra's full review
Edward Carrero profile photo
November 27, 2018

Review: "Insightly a great offering, Easy to use - Easy to import lists"

• Total contact management software that include picture of person.
  • Great training videos to guide all level of users.
  • Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown.
  • CRM and project management together in the same application.
  • Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly.
  • Responsive customer service that doesn't seem well informed to deal with anything beyond the most basic of questions.
It's relatively easy to use and good if you are a startup / small uncomplicated business. The Google mail integration and auto contact creation is a real time saver. Very simple, non-intimidating interface. Tries to be homey and welcoming to very small businesses. Earnest effort to serve up helpful hints. Looks like it doesn't require a lot of time to use.
Read Edward Carrero's full review
María José Pérez profile photo
November 21, 2018

Review: "Insightly - Innovator and the Best Software!"

• We can enter a large amount of data without problems.
  • Easy access and creation of reports.
  • It offers excellent information to keep us aware of tasks and regular and potential customers.
  • Sometimes the interface is confusing and difficult to manage, so we have to use support.
  • The interaction with the email is horrible. Instead of just sending me a notification it sent 3 or 4, which is a bit annoying.
  • The updates are very heavy and late.
We have used Insightly for a couple of years and we have seen the results. Our company has benefited from its sales features with our customers. It allowed me to organize the products by categories which made the sales process more effective. The way in which this CRM software works is unique in its contact management and in the ability to create tasks for other people in the staff. We never lose information about anything or anyone, and we are satisfied with that.
Read María José Pérez's full review
Andres Rojas Coello profile photo
November 19, 2018

Insightly Review: "Of the best CRM software in the market, excellent."

This program is really amazing, both in theory and practice is one of the best CRM in the market. The customer support is the best there is, and the contact management software is very broad and gives us the tools we need to keep track of our possible clients. Every time Insightly improves its tools and becomes increasingly easy to use.
  • It has an excellent sales process and an incredible marketing facility with customers.
  • The price is affordable enough for small companies to get the program.
  • It accommodates in the best way the growth curve of my small business.
  • There are many videos for new customers who are entering the software to have the ability and speed to catch up and not be left behind.
  • Sometimes it is not visually beautiful, it still needs to improve its appearance.
  • The free version does not provide all the tools or features that a paid version offers, so it is almost mandatory to buy the membership.
This CRM is suitable for all sales processes of our company, we have been characterized by obtaining a growth curve broad enough to obtain our monthly objectives, it also has a great marketing facility which makes our potential customers feel more confident. With our work, the use of this program in all areas is quite appropriate.
Read Andres Rojas Coello's full review
Anthonia Aveh profile photo
July 11, 2018

Insightly Review: "Smoother Sales Process"

We use Insightly as a mini customer relationship management tool for saving customer data, tracking our sales leads, and following up on tasks which need to be completed. Having customer data in one place makes it easy for everyone to access customer data whenever it is needed for sales activity. Overall Insightly has saved us time and made our sales activity more efficient.
  • LEAD MANAGEMENT: Insightly enables my team to effectively gather information about our customers (current and prospective), organize our sales leads, import leads from other CRM tools and engage these leads easily. It does not matter where we generate these leads from, we are still able to store them into the Insightly CRM, while Insightly automatically assigns every saved lead to a sales representative, based on pre-saved factors. Thus we spend more time closing deals and growing our business with lead management.
  • WORKFLOW: Insightly has reduced the amount of administrative work we need to get done in my organization, by leveraging on its workflow automation. With Insightly's workflow automation, we have been able to bypass our inbox most of the time, auto-assign tasks, and trigger actions in our in-house support software products.
  • A single action on our Customer Relationship Management tool (Insightly) triggers a cascade of reactions. Thus we are able to properly update our data, delegate our tasks, and send out emails automatically, leaving our sales reps. with reduced work to do. We are able to even assign a sales rep. to attend to every sales lead, and send an automated introduction email to new sales leads all automatedly.
  • EMAIL TRACKING: We use Insightly to track our emails, and this has enabled a faster and smarter email sales activity across my team. With Insightly we are able to save emails right from our inbox and Insightly helps in recording the accompanying context.
  • We are also able to search for anything on past correspondence with our customers, no matter how long the correspondence has been. While also being able to schedule automated emails to our sales via Insightly. Thus Insightly has made it possible to stay in touch with our sales leads at the right time and whenever necessary.
  • SPELL CHECK: Currently the Insightly CRM does not spell check sales emails we compose on the solution. Will be very helpful for sales activity, if Insightly can introduce a SPELL CHECK feature.
  • RECOVERY: We have found ourselves in situations where someone deletes some contacts in error and leaves the entire sales team in a fix. I think it is very important that Insightly introduces a sort of a "recycle bin" via which we are able to recover deleted contacts or delete them permanently.
  • Signature workflow: A great addition for Insightly would be if we can have a document signing option on the CRM. Maybe an integration with HelloSign?
Insightly is perfectly suited for customer data management; as this enables an organization to have important sales information on its customers in one central location, where it is accessible to every sales person to maximize the organization's sales efforts.

Insightly can help organize the sales process of every organization. By bringing together all sales efforts and combine them into one straight forward and predictable process. Thus organizations using Insightly are able to monitor pass updates, current updates and follow future updates of any sales deal.
Read Anthonia Aveh's full review
Robbin Block profile photo
June 29, 2018

Insightly Review: "Stronger on Sales Automation than Client Management"

I use it to manage contact lists and correspondence for my solo consulting firm. It's helped me keep track of leads. I've used it to manage projects and opportunities. I've also used some of the email marketing tools, including setting up some standard emails.
  • I can tag any email correspondence when I'm using my local email to easily copy the correspondence to Insightly. This way I can look it up again within Insightly by the contact's name, company or email.
  • Insightly provides many of the tools I need on one platform: CRM, and opportunity, task and project manager.
  • It's easy to turn an opportunity into a project, so you don't have to copy over any past information or correspondence.
  • The interface has become too complex, making it somewhat less intuitive to do even the simplest things, i.e., check off a completed task, only see open projects, read saved correspondence. This may be due to the fact that Insightly is trying to make it too customizable.
  • Insightly seems to be moving more in the direction of a sales pipeline tool, rather than a simpler contact manager. This doesn't really fit the way I work, because my sales are not always linear in nature -- possibly because I'm selling services, not entirely fixed packages or physical goods.
  • The project and task managers are too complex, and I can't organize easily by client. In other words, I'd like to be able to pull up a client and see all the tasks I need to complete for them. A dashboard would be very helpful for this.
  • The current home dashboard isn't useful in that it only shows what's happened. This may be more useful for someone managing other people with Insightly. I'd like to see what needs to be done, not what's *been* done.
I would recommend Insightly to even small organizations managing a sales team. However, I wouldn't recommend it for solos, since it's a bit overkill and doesn't make task or project management easy. There are better, simpler tools out there for that.

It wouldn't be great for virtual teams either, since each would need to have their own copy and come up the learning curve on it -- it's not that intuitive anymore.

It would also be better for organizations doing sales according to a particular, consistent pipeline.
Read Robbin Block's full review
Leonardo Hernandez profile photo
June 15, 2018

User Review: "Insightly, for those who wants more"

Insightly is used as the CRM solution for some small business that needs to track their sales opportunities integrated with SAP Business One as backend ERP solution. I recommend Insightly because it is easy to integrate, and very useful for those kind of companies. Additionally, it is cheaper than other similar solutions
  • Email tracking
  • Granular sharing settings
  • Power BI integration
  • SAP Business One integration
  • Creates web forms
  • Lead assignment rules only available to Professional and Enterprise plans
  • No automatic email forwarding
Is very useful for small companies with a soft flow of leads, and less appropriate for very intensive scenarios.
Read Leonardo Hernandez's full review
June 14, 2018

Insightly Review: "Cost effective alternative to Salesforce"

Insightly is being used in my organization as a Salesforce alternative. It has the right look and feel that the salespeople enjoy using when tracking their sales and is user-friendly enough to be able to create reports even when a person on the business side doesn't have a developer background.
  • The user interface is incredible.
  • Sales pipeline management makes it easy to see data at a glance.
  • Email tracking.
  • Workflow automation tools can get a little confusing but nothing major.
  • Tracking organization hierarchies could be cleaner.
I like the project management aspects of this program. I'm able to coordinate employee activities through the task and event management features. Being able to schedule calendar appointments with my contacts or make a recurring task has made my job much easier. Another gem of a feature is being able to send a link to projects.
June 14, 2018

Insightly Review: "Good choice for extremely cost-sensitive businesses"

Insightly is being used by our Sales and Marketing Departments. It addresses the problems associated with keeping track of individual salesperson's contacts and activities with those contacts. It also helps salespersons to see some of the communications with their customers through our underwriting department. Finally, the app helps the salespersons to keep track of customer information when they're away from the office.
  • Insightly competes extremely well cost-wise with almost all other CRMs with similar capabilities that are out there.
  • The customer service portal contains a lot of helpful information that is fairly easy to search and navigate. When at a loss, contacting a real person for help via email is easy.
  • The contact and organization records are easy to search and download. Duplicates are fairly easy to merge.
  • We started using Insightly when it was still in its Beta phase. Back then--when it was free for us to use--we expected big changes and were prepared to quickly adapt to them. Unfortunately, since those early years, Insightly continues to make huge changes to aspects of the CRM that are extremely disruptive to our business as our reliance on its predictability and reliability have also increased. While the latest changes to the overall interface (from "classic" to "new experience") are not being forced on users at this time, the company has stopped servicing the classic interface. Furthermore, some earlier changes (e.g. to the way records were formatted etc.) were made without warning and caused significant data loss and lost work time to remedy.
  • Some aspects of the CRM are not as customizable to our particular business model. The projects and opportunities are somewhat useful but would be vastly more useful if we could have more options to customize.
  • Over the years the ability to have a personal video conference session periodically with an Insightly specialist about general questions specific to our company has been eliminated. This was a huge value-add that Insightly has taken away (even for paying customers).
Very well suited for storing basic information about contacts, organizations, events, activities etc. Also great for tracking communication among all employees with specific contacts. If the app could be improved, this excellent data/information would be even more accessible when salespersons are out of the office but the app is currently unreliable and we do not rely on it exclusively for that purpose. We find Insightly less appropriate when the sales activity is a little unconventional or doesn't follow a linear trajectory. Also, the history of a contact or organization is very important to our business and this feature could be vastly improved, particularly when two records are merged. The history of a contact should also be more prominent/visible. Executive management sometimes relies on that historical data alone to determine certain commission splits etc. The home screen in the classic interface is useful so that the Executive Team can immediately see each salesperson's activities in real time and also sort to view certain types of activity.
September 11, 2018

User Review: "Insightly Progress"

Insightly is being used by our whole organization. We are a start-up Marketing company that was looking for a trustworthy CRM program.
  • Lots of filter options!
  • Automatically pulls contact Social Media profiles!
  • Sends email confirmations when uploading a .CSV doc with specifics on who was uploaded, any skipped, dupes etc.
  • So many pop-up screens on one page can get cluttered.
  • Each column has to be manually adjusted to view contents each time.
Great CRM for deals, task, email, projects, etc!
August 14, 2018

Review: "Insightly - does what it says on the tin"

While we may use official CRM within our organisation, I have been using Insightly for individual CRM purposes for a short while. It has a light touch interface that allows management of mails very easily and you don't have to be too tech savvy to get to grips with it. As it is just me, I can use the free version which is a bonus.
  • Interfacing with Gmail
  • Large amount of third party integrations
  • Low cost
  • Expansion of features within free version
  • Reporting features are lacking
In order to keep track of deals and progress, the effort required is low. While the detail may not be easily reportable, the overall progression of the sales can be monitored. Communications with the clients are then also easier to deal with and I can verbally give co workers updates when required.
June 21, 2018

Insightly Review: "Great! So simple and easy, with a wonderful support team and community."

It is being used across the whole organisation. It is especially useful for connecting various apps and also mapping out our future sales plans.
  • It's so easy to connect to the apps our company already uses, it's very simple and nice to keep in one place.
  • The support is second to none, you can speak with them directly or visit the community and troubleshoot any issues.
  • Data migration from other apps is easy and organised.
  • Would like a few more characters in the custom text field but it's easy enough to fit in.
  • Changing the themes of the dashboards can be quite annoying in some situations and have slow loading.
  • Sending mass emails is fine, but it works only 50 at a time.
It is great for combining apps and sending emails with templates and third-party applications such as MailChimp. Everything is very organised and (except for a few blips with the theme changes) is easily customisable.
Denny Basham, MBA, Denver Reputation Marketing Expert. profile photo
June 05, 2018

Review: "Insightly - An Easy-To-Use Small Business Powerhouse"

We use Insightly as our primary CRM. One of our favorite features is the ability to blind copy e-mails into the system so that each account in CRM is tagged with that e-mail address. We also like how Insightly recognizes the domains for e-mails we forward in so that it automatically assigns it to an organization. Definitely excited about some of the new customizations possible (new field types) in Insightly to start tracking client anniversaries and follow-ups. We also like how contacts are automatically added to both Insightly and Google when we forward a new e-mail in. Definitely a system we should be using more. We have recommended this system to several colleagues.
  • E-mail classification based on BCC from GMail
  • Ease of use - the system is the easiest one we have ever used and we have tried several
  • The link between records - organizations and contacts can be linked and you can define the link relationship (think referral partners)
  • More customizations although those have improved a LOT with the new UI.
  • More integration points to other systems
  • Better e-mail marketing capabilities included in the standard package
Insightly is perfect for small business owners who are not that tech savvy. It is also well known for its ease-of-use so if you aren't sure how to use a full-blown CRM this is a great place to be. Overall my business partner doesn't want to go back to a complicated system like Zoho CRM that was difficult to understand.
Read Denny Basham, MBA, Denver Reputation Marketing Expert.'s full review
Joanne Grams profile photo
April 10, 2018

Review: "Insightly - let it bring you into the LIGHT!"

We are a small non-profit organization and I have been implementing Insightly for use as a CRM as well as a process flow. I have on-boarded our Founder and Executive Director and I have been trying to get them to see the potential time saving and client assistance Insightly can be. The problems Insightly can address is the phases of our program from proposal to final invoice. I believe that the potential of Insightly is completely underutilized within our organization but it is due to the lack of knowledge of some of our team members.
  • Within GMAIL - the sidebar is an amazing tool and has so much potential!
  • Within GMAIL - so save into Insightly and link is very very helpful
  • Insightly's search is very good
  • Being able to tag the contact is helpful
  • The corroboration with Mailchimp is awesome
  • Within Opportunities and Projects: EMAILING clients!
  • Deleting Activity Sets
  • Allowing more bcc's and cc's within Insightly emailing
Mail Merge! How easy it is to create an email and not only add user fields but be able to edit individual emails while reviewing!
Read Joanne Grams's full review
Tommy L. Chambers profile photo
April 10, 2018

Review: "Insightly is a feature rich CRM and workflow management tool for small businesses."

I use the CRM and project capabilities of Insightly to support and track sales and projects in my speaking and seminar business and my consulting business. I have also used Insightly in a previous retail business as a personal stylist and seller of custom menswear.
  • It's online and has different tiers. You can easily move between different product tiers as your business needs change.
  • I love the integration of sales pipelines with projects and tasks.
  • Integration with third-party software tools.
  • Would be great if you could integrate with your select email marketing platform, or if Insightly provided email marketing tools similar to mainstream platforms.
  • I am a Microsoft product user and would like better integration with those products.
  • Would be nice to have templates for different business types.
One obvious answer is that it can be used as a basic contact management system. Another obvious answer is that it is pretty well suited for CRM purposes: tracking leads, opportunities, and sales through a sales funnel. It's easy to setup sales pipelines. However, the pipeline capability can be used to track any type of step-by-step work-low processes. For example, we use it to track the sales processes for speaking and seminars, which is different from tracking consulting, and both of which are different from tracking retail sales. Once the pipelines were set up, all I have to do is select the appropriate product or service type and Insightly hides the way from there. For some rudimentary email blasts, Insightly allows you to send and track message responses from customer groups. Insightly can also be used as a basic project and task tracking system. Regular and ongoing task sets can be used with pipelines. For example, once a speaking engagement is booked, there are normally associated tasks that must be completed to make the event happen and Insightly allows a pipeline to be set up to track that task set.
Read Tommy L. Chambers's full review
Ann Matuszak profile photo
March 08, 2018

Review: "Insightly meets the needs of the growing small business"

We use Insightly at Pixologie to manage our clients, contacts, and licensees. It allows us to easily access information and communication. We can all find what has been shared and recorded for any contact.
  • We have been able to customize fields to address our needs. Our industry is not well known so typical fields do not address all the areas we record.
  • We have made extensive use of tags to categorize specific groups within groups that we want to monitor.
  • We have been able to completely customize the workflow process and steps to complete projects.
  • PLEASE add a DocuSign module! It is the only real reason we have considered other CRM companies!
  • Some of the workflow from completing a task but then checking off a task as done is a bit awkward and cumbersome.
  • Would love to be able to add more than 15 business cards per month. Do not want to upgrade for that alone.
Insightly offers an incredible amount of functionality at the free level. For smaller businesses with less than 2500 contacts, it is perfect. As you grow, moving to a paid account is easy to do. We have been very happy with all that we can do with Insightly.
Read Ann Matuszak's full review
Chris Akin profile photo
March 06, 2018

Review: "Insightly for Small Business is a winner!"

I own an IT company and I use it to keep track of sales opportunities through the sales process. Once a sale converts to a project, I keep track of all tasks with Insightly as well through the development process.
  • Task Sync to Google Calendar. This is especially strong and helps to keep a daily agenda on point for me.
  • Task notifications. This helps me keep on point as it keeps me locked into my timeline of development. I'm extremely busy, so having this reminder system on my phone and in emails is helpful.
  • Notes: I love the notes feature, which helps keep my projects well organized for others that might step into them. I stopped using Google Keep once I got a handle on Notes in Insightly.
  • Linking. When I link a company to a project, it should bring up a screen or balloon to select which members of the company you want to link. Instead, you have to link each individually. Using the integration into GMail, this is a very repetitive function.
  • Gmail integration. For the most part this works, but it's clunky and not very streamlined at all. Too many clicks and links to add each email to a particular project, organization or contact. When a contact email is part of a project, it should automatically be recorded to that project without any user intervention required.
  • The sales forecasting is, like with most CRMs, easily manipulated and nothing more than guessing.
For a small business that has multiple projects going on at once, it is VERY well suited. I would think for a huge company with 20 sales people and extensive call volume, it might be extremely cumbersome and would miss valuable data gathering if the sales people didn't work 100% of the time from within the product (as most don't do). It's strong for a tiny business - easily the strongest of those I've tried.
Read Chris Akin's full review
Alek Babaa profile photo
February 06, 2018

User Review: "Insight into Insightly"

We use Insightly company-wide. It integrates with QuickBooks, so our finance department uses it. It organizes our project management team and our sales team. Instead of having multiple platforms, ranging from project management, excel, another CRM, we now just use Insightly and it has cut our number of files down greatly.
  • File Management. It helps keeps all of our files that we link with our customers in their particular records so we don't have to go hunting for them.
  • With the integration to QuickBooks it allows us to get a 30,000 foot view of our finances.
  • The project management feature is nice as it allows us to keep manage our deliverables a lot better so tasks don't fall through the cracks.
  • Reporting
  • Automation
  • Custom Fields
Insightly is a great CRM system allowing for organization of prospects, clients, and company partners. The interface is great and it allows for easy sorting of tasks, projects, and opportunities. It does, however, need a lot of work in the reporting aspect of a CRM. When having a report sent it to you it comes out in an Excel sheet, and if you have your report total up the sum of a number (I.e. the total number of opps, some of the opps,) it doesn't translate into that Excel sheet. Also, there needs to be a reporting dashboard.
Read Alek Babaa's full review
Steve Wallace profile photo
February 06, 2018

Insightly Review: "Sales Director"

I use Insightly as my primary CRM and Project management tool. It allows me to keep track on deal progress as well as the progress on customer projects. I can keep all the notes and the email regarding a lead, contact, opp, or project in one place. I also use the IOS mobile app and really like that.
  • The mobile application is really helpful.
  • The new design is great.
  • The report generation is very useful and easy.
  • Insightly needs to link up with Skype so calls can be made from inside insightly and recorded there.
For smaller and midsized companies, the price point and the functionality are great.
Read Steve Wallace's full review
Michael Guerrieo profile photo
May 30, 2018

Insightly Review: "Great product - good price"

We use Insightly to manage our CRM. The best feature has been the multi-user interface, it keeps us on track and very efficient. The webhooks and API make it easy to set up and keep the platform very flexible. I would easily recommend Insightly to any company looking to deliver projects on time and to accelerate sales.
  • Insightly keeps the tools we already use connected and with the links to the file service we never lose a document.
  • The automation makes things easy. We set up project assignments within the pipelines which keep us on schedule and able to better manage milestones.
  • We've closed a lot more deals and done it much faster because of Insightly's sales pipeline management and workflow automation tools.
  • We have been able to manage all of our leads and new sales opportunities inside of a neat and easy to use pipeline view.
  • Pricing could be better. The tiering structure doesn't fit our sales model but I would imagine it works for most companies.
  • The sidebar for Gmail doesn't seem to work all that well. Access to Gmail is a great feature but the interaction is a little difficult to manage.
  • After completing a task the archiving does not make the task complete. It would be great if the task would complete upon archiving.
Insightly has been a great tool for my department and my company. Many of my peers in my company have been looking into using Insightly in their own departments which is great for us. The more we can improve adoption the better.
Read Michael Guerrieo's full review
Renea Hanks profile photo
May 29, 2018

User Review: "Insightly Understands Small Business!"

Insightly was used by my organization to organize customer information. I needed a really simple CRM that I could teach someone quickly how to use it and store the information. She caught on real easy! It is easy, quick set up and frees for 2 users. As a startup, the cost is extremely important. That solved the issue as well.
  • Most importantly, it is cloud-based software.
  • Integrates perfectly with GSuite and Google products.
  • Mobility. Perfect for digital nomads.
  • It needs to be more robust. Search needs to be improved.
  • Lacks marketing automation.
  • Better support
Insightly is well suited for startups. It is great for beginners who are learning how to organize contacts and deals with a simple system. Any company that needs different software to be able to work alongside Insightly (Integrations) can do this easily with Insightly. It is best for companies that are on a tight budget but need to make every single dollar count.
Read Renea Hanks's full review
Matt McCoy profile photo
January 26, 2018

Insightly Review: "Take good care of your stuff."

We use Insightly as a database for our customer base throughout our company by, managing task, creating reports, setting reminders, just to name a few.
  • For our, Department Insightly helps us to manage both new and current programs by keeping up to date information.
  • Insightly helps to manage tasks with our Programs.
  • Insightly helps us to keep up with the most current contact with our customer.
  • After entering a facility into Insightly, and trying to converge them with Quickbooks, the name of the organization automatically defaults to the person entered as the primary, and not the organization. It would be nice if the organization appeared as the primary.
  • To have the ability to create a map and pin all of our programs
  • Automate reminders from a certain date
I do not think that we use Insightly to its fullest capacity. It is very helpful in keeping up with contacts. Creating tasks, and keeping track of communication with our customers. I also think Insightly is also very helpful in running reports. These reports help us to manage many aspects of our business, one of the most helpful is to be able to be able to send out reports, and certificates to our organizations. We use leads when there is potential for maintenance projects, inspections, and training. This helps drive business and relationships with potential clients. In projects, we are able to utilize showing when a project has been completed, as well as when a report has been sent.

The email system is a nice feature for sending emails out in small batches to various groups of clients. We can utilize campaigns to target clients and schedule how regularly the campaign should go out. We are a small business in our first year of using Insightly. We recognize that there are many more tools that can be helpful for our business. We look forward to continuing working with Insightly, and we appreciate the request for feedback on how you can better serve your customer base.
Read Matt McCoy's full review
Kelly Meyer profile photo
January 16, 2018

Insightly Review: "Very helpful for managing sales opportunities!"

Our sales team is using Insightly to track inbound and outbound sales opportunities. It helps us understand potential income at any given time, as well as stay on top of our many different leads to ensure the highest success rate. Our main goal for bringing it on is to make sure no lead slips through the cracks!
  • Outlining potential income (both in monthly volume and length of time)
  • Providing detailed reports that show status updates for all leads throughout the stages
  • Easily transitioning a lead to an opportunity, and an opportunity to a project (to demonstrate the lifecycle of a lead)
  • The new interface is more difficult to use. I can't see the names of all of my inputs like I used to; I now have to spread all the columns out manually in order to read it all. Very tedious.
  • It doesn't provide a lot of options for customization within each "form". It would be nice to eliminate information that isn't pertinent to our company, or tailor wording to better suit what we do.
  • I wish it would allow me to add in notes easier. The current functionality does not make it easy to add in notes and they don't appear readily on a lead/opportunity/project which would be helpful to see when I click into one.
It is helpful when you have a ton of incoming business, in order to manage it. I would say it is less helpful when a lead is still very new and you aren't sure if you are going to move forward with them or not. That functionality is weak so it often isn't worth the time it takes to input it.
Read Kelly Meyer's full review

Customer data management / contact management (274)
Workflow management (245)
Territory management (11)
6.1
Opportunity management (255)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (258)
Contract management (21)
6.5
Quote & order management (12)
Interaction tracking (229)
Channel / partner relationship management (24)
Case management (11)
Call center management (8)
Help desk management (9)
Lead management (211)
Email marketing (166)
Task management (263)
Billing and invoicing management (39)
4.7
Custom fields (245)
Custom objects (19)
6.6
Scripting environment (6)
API for custom integration (105)
Single sign-on capability (187)
Role-based user permissions (110)
Social data (25)
Social engagement (78)
6.7
Marketing automation (81)
Compensation management (4)
5.2
Mobile access (238)

About Insightly

Insightly is an online CRM solution targeted at small and mid-sized businesses. Over 1.5 million worldwide small and mid-size business Insightly users build relationships, accelerate sales and deliver projects. It is the #1 Gmail, G Suite & Outlook CRM.

According to the vendor, businesses use Insightly for:

• Relationship linking
  • Contact management
  • Email tracking
  • Lead management
  • Opportunity management
  • Workflow automation
  • Project management
  • Advanced reporting
  • Mobile CRM app with business card scanning and audio notes
Additional Platform Features
  • Localization/internationalization- Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian
  • Over 40 app integrations including Gmail, Google Apps, Mailchimp, Box, QuickBooks Online, etc.

Insightly Features

Sales Force Automation Features
Has featureCustomer data management / contact management
Has featureWorkflow management
Does not have featureTerritory management
Has featureOpportunity management
Has featureIntegration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Does not have featureContract management
Does not have featureQuote & order management
Has featureInteraction tracking
Does not have featureChannel / partner relationship management
Customer Service & Support Features
Does not have featureCase management
Does not have featureCall center management
Does not have featureHelp desk management
Marketing Automation Features
Has featureLead management
Has featureEmail marketing
CRM Project Management Features
Has featureTask management
Does not have featureBilling and invoicing management
Has featureReporting
CRM Reporting & Analytics Features
Does not have featureForecasting
Has featurePipeline visualization
Has featureCustomizable reports
Customization Features
Has featureCustom fields
Does not have featureCustom objects
Does not have featureScripting environment
Has featureAPI for custom integration
Security Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions
Has featureSingle sign-on capability
Social CRM Features
Does not have featureSocial data
Does not have featureSocial engagement
Integrations with 3rd-party Software Features
Has featureMarketing automation
Does not have featureCompensation management
Platform Features
Has featureMobile access
Has featureAICPA SOC II Type 1 and Type 2 audited and accredited, and US/EU Privacy Shield and US/Swiss Privacy Shield certified.
Has featureData import & export
Has featureTwo-factor Authentication (2FA)
Has featureSAML-based Single Sign-On (SSO)
Has featureOAuth Single Sign-On (SSO)

Insightly Screenshots

Insightly Integrations

QuickBooks Online, Dropbox, MailChimp, Xero, Slack, HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot, Box, Zapier, PandaDoc, Google Drive, Evernote, Gmail, G Suite/Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365 & Outlook

Insightly Competitors

SugarCRM, Zoho CRM, Zoho Projects, Base CRM, Pipedrive, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Salesforce

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes