- User-friendly database set up via import of contacts from multiple sources
- On-going support and training: live webinars, recordings or on-line Q&A are invaluable
- Reporting flexibility and ease of adding custom fields
- Accessablity from multiple platforms: I use it daily on my desktop, laptop & Android
- Recurring task management could use more flexibility on the triggers
- Emails are kept in one repository & don't link directly to the project/person referenced
- QuickBooks not accurate if multiple projects/subcontracts for one client
- Customer support is non-existent: no phone help, online chat or ticketing helpdesk system. Just post a question & wait to see if someone answers it!
- Integration with my business ecosystem which is Google
- Management of sales and project pipelines
- New interface is brilliant making using the system so much easier
- Could do with automated email linking
- Raising the record limit on the Basic version
- Reinstating the Basic version - The new entry-level price is too much for CRM newbies
- It is software that allows better control and monitoring for project management.
- It allows the centralization of internal and external contacts of the company, improving the communication channels with suppliers and customers for the quick access to information.
- Through this software, a correct functional management of the company, tasks and processes is maintained.
- The most versatile part of Insightly is that it starts with basic and simple features that can be expanded as you grow your needs within the company.
- I would like this software to have a more dynamic interface when loading tasks and / or files.
- That a sales management and support process is more practical to operate.
- Total contact management software that include picture of person.
- Great training videos to guide all level of users.
- Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown.
- CRM and project management together in the same application.
- Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly.
- Responsive customer service that doesn't seem well informed to deal with anything beyond the most basic of questions.
- We can enter a large amount of data without problems.
- Easy access and creation of reports.
- It offers excellent information to keep us aware of tasks and regular and potential customers.
- Sometimes the interface is confusing and difficult to manage, so we have to use support.
- The interaction with the email is horrible. Instead of just sending me a notification it sent 3 or 4, which is a bit annoying.
- The updates are very heavy and late.
- It has an excellent sales process and an incredible marketing facility with customers.
- The price is affordable enough for small companies to get the program.
- It accommodates in the best way the growth curve of my small business.
- There are many videos for new customers who are entering the software to have the ability and speed to catch up and not be left behind.
- Sometimes it is not visually beautiful, it still needs to improve its appearance.
- The free version does not provide all the tools or features that a paid version offers, so it is almost mandatory to buy the membership.
- LEAD MANAGEMENT: Insightly enables my team to effectively gather information about our customers (current and prospective), organize our sales leads, import leads from other CRM tools and engage these leads easily. It does not matter where we generate these leads from, we are still able to store them into the Insightly CRM, while Insightly automatically assigns every saved lead to a sales representative, based on pre-saved factors. Thus we spend more time closing deals and growing our business with lead management.
- WORKFLOW: Insightly has reduced the amount of administrative work we need to get done in my organization, by leveraging on its workflow automation. With Insightly's workflow automation, we have been able to bypass our inbox most of the time, auto-assign tasks, and trigger actions in our in-house support software products.
- A single action on our Customer Relationship Management tool (Insightly) triggers a cascade of reactions. Thus we are able to properly update our data, delegate our tasks, and send out emails automatically, leaving our sales reps. with reduced work to do. We are able to even assign a sales rep. to attend to every sales lead, and send an automated introduction email to new sales leads all automatedly.
- EMAIL TRACKING: We use Insightly to track our emails, and this has enabled a faster and smarter email sales activity across my team. With Insightly we are able to save emails right from our inbox and Insightly helps in recording the accompanying context.
- We are also able to search for anything on past correspondence with our customers, no matter how long the correspondence has been. While also being able to schedule automated emails to our sales via Insightly. Thus Insightly has made it possible to stay in touch with our sales leads at the right time and whenever necessary.
- SPELL CHECK: Currently the Insightly CRM does not spell check sales emails we compose on the solution. Will be very helpful for sales activity, if Insightly can introduce a SPELL CHECK feature.
- RECOVERY: We have found ourselves in situations where someone deletes some contacts in error and leaves the entire sales team in a fix. I think it is very important that Insightly introduces a sort of a "recycle bin" via which we are able to recover deleted contacts or delete them permanently.
- Signature workflow: A great addition for Insightly would be if we can have a document signing option on the CRM. Maybe an integration with HelloSign?
Insightly can help organize the sales process of every organization. By bringing together all sales efforts and combine them into one straight forward and predictable process. Thus organizations using Insightly are able to monitor pass updates, current updates and follow future updates of any sales deal.
- I can tag any email correspondence when I'm using my local email to easily copy the correspondence to Insightly. This way I can look it up again within Insightly by the contact's name, company or email.
- Insightly provides many of the tools I need on one platform: CRM, and opportunity, task and project manager.
- It's easy to turn an opportunity into a project, so you don't have to copy over any past information or correspondence.
- The interface has become too complex, making it somewhat less intuitive to do even the simplest things, i.e., check off a completed task, only see open projects, read saved correspondence. This may be due to the fact that Insightly is trying to make it too customizable.
- Insightly seems to be moving more in the direction of a sales pipeline tool, rather than a simpler contact manager. This doesn't really fit the way I work, because my sales are not always linear in nature -- possibly because I'm selling services, not entirely fixed packages or physical goods.
- The project and task managers are too complex, and I can't organize easily by client. In other words, I'd like to be able to pull up a client and see all the tasks I need to complete for them. A dashboard would be very helpful for this.
- The current home dashboard isn't useful in that it only shows what's happened. This may be more useful for someone managing other people with Insightly. I'd like to see what needs to be done, not what's *been* done.
- The user interface is incredible.
- Sales pipeline management makes it easy to see data at a glance.
- Email tracking.
- Workflow automation tools can get a little confusing but nothing major.
- Tracking organization hierarchies could be cleaner.
- Insightly competes extremely well cost-wise with almost all other CRMs with similar capabilities that are out there.
- The customer service portal contains a lot of helpful information that is fairly easy to search and navigate. When at a loss, contacting a real person for help via email is easy.
- The contact and organization records are easy to search and download. Duplicates are fairly easy to merge.
- We started using Insightly when it was still in its Beta phase. Back then--when it was free for us to use--we expected big changes and were prepared to quickly adapt to them. Unfortunately, since those early years, Insightly continues to make huge changes to aspects of the CRM that are extremely disruptive to our business as our reliance on its predictability and reliability have also increased. While the latest changes to the overall interface (from "classic" to "new experience") are not being forced on users at this time, the company has stopped servicing the classic interface. Furthermore, some earlier changes (e.g. to the way records were formatted etc.) were made without warning and caused significant data loss and lost work time to remedy.
- Some aspects of the CRM are not as customizable to our particular business model. The projects and opportunities are somewhat useful but would be vastly more useful if we could have more options to customize.
- Over the years the ability to have a personal video conference session periodically with an Insightly specialist about general questions specific to our company has been eliminated. This was a huge value-add that Insightly has taken away (even for paying customers).
- Lots of filter options!
- Automatically pulls contact Social Media profiles!
- Sends email confirmations when uploading a .CSV doc with specifics on who was uploaded, any skipped, dupes etc.
- So many pop-up screens on one page can get cluttered.
- Each column has to be manually adjusted to view contents each time.
- It's so easy to connect to the apps our company already uses, it's very simple and nice to keep in one place.
- The support is second to none, you can speak with them directly or visit the community and troubleshoot any issues.
- Data migration from other apps is easy and organised.
- Would like a few more characters in the custom text field but it's easy enough to fit in.
- Changing the themes of the dashboards can be quite annoying in some situations and have slow loading.
- Sending mass emails is fine, but it works only 50 at a time.
- E-mail classification based on BCC from GMail
- Ease of use - the system is the easiest one we have ever used and we have tried several
- The link between records - organizations and contacts can be linked and you can define the link relationship (think referral partners)
- More customizations although those have improved a LOT with the new UI.
- More integration points to other systems
- Better e-mail marketing capabilities included in the standard package
- Within GMAIL - the sidebar is an amazing tool and has so much potential!
- Within GMAIL - so save into Insightly and link is very very helpful
- Insightly's search is very good
- Being able to tag the contact is helpful
- The corroboration with Mailchimp is awesome
- Within Opportunities and Projects: EMAILING clients!
- Deleting Activity Sets
- Allowing more bcc's and cc's within Insightly emailing
- It's online and has different tiers. You can easily move between different product tiers as your business needs change.
- I love the integration of sales pipelines with projects and tasks.
- Integration with third-party software tools.
- Would be great if you could integrate with your select email marketing platform, or if Insightly provided email marketing tools similar to mainstream platforms.
- I am a Microsoft product user and would like better integration with those products.
- Would be nice to have templates for different business types.
- We have been able to customize fields to address our needs. Our industry is not well known so typical fields do not address all the areas we record.
- We have made extensive use of tags to categorize specific groups within groups that we want to monitor.
- We have been able to completely customize the workflow process and steps to complete projects.
- PLEASE add a DocuSign module! It is the only real reason we have considered other CRM companies!
- Some of the workflow from completing a task but then checking off a task as done is a bit awkward and cumbersome.
- Would love to be able to add more than 15 business cards per month. Do not want to upgrade for that alone.
- Task Sync to Google Calendar. This is especially strong and helps to keep a daily agenda on point for me.
- Task notifications. This helps me keep on point as it keeps me locked into my timeline of development. I'm extremely busy, so having this reminder system on my phone and in emails is helpful.
- Notes: I love the notes feature, which helps keep my projects well organized for others that might step into them. I stopped using Google Keep once I got a handle on Notes in Insightly.
- Linking. When I link a company to a project, it should bring up a screen or balloon to select which members of the company you want to link. Instead, you have to link each individually. Using the integration into GMail, this is a very repetitive function.
- Gmail integration. For the most part this works, but it's clunky and not very streamlined at all. Too many clicks and links to add each email to a particular project, organization or contact. When a contact email is part of a project, it should automatically be recorded to that project without any user intervention required.
- The sales forecasting is, like with most CRMs, easily manipulated and nothing more than guessing.
- File Management. It helps keeps all of our files that we link with our customers in their particular records so we don't have to go hunting for them.
- With the integration to QuickBooks it allows us to get a 30,000 foot view of our finances.
- The project management feature is nice as it allows us to keep manage our deliverables a lot better so tasks don't fall through the cracks.
- Custom Fields
- Insightly keeps the tools we already use connected and with the links to the file service we never lose a document.
- The automation makes things easy. We set up project assignments within the pipelines which keep us on schedule and able to better manage milestones.
- We've closed a lot more deals and done it much faster because of Insightly's sales pipeline management and workflow automation tools.
- We have been able to manage all of our leads and new sales opportunities inside of a neat and easy to use pipeline view.
- Pricing could be better. The tiering structure doesn't fit our sales model but I would imagine it works for most companies.
- The sidebar for Gmail doesn't seem to work all that well. Access to Gmail is a great feature but the interaction is a little difficult to manage.
- After completing a task the archiving does not make the task complete. It would be great if the task would complete upon archiving.
- Most importantly, it is cloud-based software.
- Integrates perfectly with GSuite and Google products.
- Mobility. Perfect for digital nomads.
- It needs to be more robust. Search needs to be improved.
- Lacks marketing automation.
- Better support
- For our, Department Insightly helps us to manage both new and current programs by keeping up to date information.
- Insightly helps to manage tasks with our Programs.
- Insightly helps us to keep up with the most current contact with our customer.
- After entering a facility into Insightly, and trying to converge them with Quickbooks, the name of the organization automatically defaults to the person entered as the primary, and not the organization. It would be nice if the organization appeared as the primary.
- To have the ability to create a map and pin all of our programs
- Automate reminders from a certain date
The email system is a nice feature for sending emails out in small batches to various groups of clients. We can utilize campaigns to target clients and schedule how regularly the campaign should go out. We are a small business in our first year of using Insightly. We recognize that there are many more tools that can be helpful for our business. We look forward to continuing working with Insightly, and we appreciate the request for feedback on how you can better serve your customer base.
- Outlining potential income (both in monthly volume and length of time)
- Providing detailed reports that show status updates for all leads throughout the stages
- Easily transitioning a lead to an opportunity, and an opportunity to a project (to demonstrate the lifecycle of a lead)
- The new interface is more difficult to use. I can't see the names of all of my inputs like I used to; I now have to spread all the columns out manually in order to read it all. Very tedious.
- It doesn't provide a lot of options for customization within each "form". It would be nice to eliminate information that isn't pertinent to our company, or tailor wording to better suit what we do.
- I wish it would allow me to add in notes easier. The current functionality does not make it easy to add in notes and they don't appear readily on a lead/opportunity/project which would be helpful to see when I click into one.
Insightly Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Insightly is an online CRM solution targeted at small and mid-sized businesses. Over 1.5 million worldwide small and mid-size business Insightly users build relationships, accelerate sales and deliver projects. It is the #1 Gmail, G Suite & Outlook CRM.
According to the vendor, businesses use Insightly for:
- Relationship linking
- Contact management
- Email tracking
- Lead management
- Opportunity management
- Workflow automation
- Project management
- Advanced reporting
- Mobile CRM app with business card scanning and audio notes
- Localization/internationalization- Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian
- Over 40 app integrations including Gmail, Google Apps, Mailchimp, Box, QuickBooks Online, etc.
Insightly Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|1-on-1 Onboarding Sessions|
Insightly Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian|