Reviews (1-25 of 317)
- It helps us keep track of new contacts.
- Share information with multiple users so if the contacts are updated we are able to open insightly and see where a potential customer is in our sales process.
- Assigning tasks is simple to do and check in insightly.
- We've had issues with contacts in insightly. We have trouble integrating it with Google contacts and I'm not sure which is the bigger problem.
- We use a plan with limited data and have had some issues with running out of space. As we've learned to use insightly better that problem has disappeared, but when it hit us it was a big problem.
- The activity sets option is a nice feature but I found it difficult to learn. The rest of insightly is fairly straightforward but this took more time and functioned differently. It's worth taking the time to learn but I'd guess the process could be simplified.
This information is coupled with our budgets to provide the proverbial "BIGGER PICTURE"
- Organizational, contact and opportunity management. We're able to store relevant data about all three specific information areas. In particular, the progression of opportunities through custom phases is a big plus for us.
- Great reports that are customizable to my department's needs.
- The easy user interface made the transition from our previous product relatively pain free for our users. Not to say what we used, but you had to be a wise old 'sage' to use it...
Not too well suited to quoting!
- Simple point and click lead creation.
- Although most people use Insightly for sales, we use it to keep a list of contacts and notes. A lot of these contacts have been featured in our magazine, when we may have met at a festival or event. Easy to keep notes and individual information.
- The mobile app is lacking.
- You need to study the system a bit before you know how to use it.
- Task Management
- Google Apps Integration
- Low barrier to entry
- Would love more mailing automation
- Our organization started on the free plan, upgraded to a paid plan, and then couldn't downgrade again. This wasn't immediately clear to us when we signed up as most of the information said you can upgrade and downgrade as necessary. Apparently not true if you want to move away from paid service.
We also used Insightly to filter data for our marketing campaigns, and integrated it with external systems, like Mailchimp.
Being a SME, it helped our business a lot to organise our data and streamline operations.
- Notifications and reminders - it helps us to be on top of things.
- Insightly phone application - very useful, user-friendly and efficient.
- Mass emails - it restricts the number of emails on one go.
- Look and feel - can be more organised.
- Out of the box integrations to major communication/office tools.
- Inbuilt reporting tools are very useful for viewing data at a glance.
- Low cost is very useful for start-ups and medium businesses.
- Its target audience seems to be smaller businesses, despite the tools available being applicable for larger industries too.
- Different account levels do not filter down as much as other tools, allowing for some users to access more/less than intended.
- Some free tools offer the same functionality, despite them losing some professional aesthetic.
- Seamless management of Marketing and Sales process
- Integration with MailChimp
- Dashboards allow you to take knowledge based actions
- Cross-functional team communication is smooth
- It needs a visual overhaul as user experience can sometimes be affected due to outdated design
- Limitations around restricting access to certain parts of the application to unrelated users
- The calendar is buggy at most of the times as it does not pick information based on meetings and calls scheduled outside of Insightly
- Project Management allows us to organize tasks as a customer moves through the sales process.
- Pipeline management, through Insightly, provides an easy way to score leads and distribute to reps.
- Insightly, at times, can be very tough to maneuver internally.
- Insightly crashes at times, or requires you to refresh certain pages after making edits.
- Organizes client information
- Keeps users on task for what they are assigned to do
- On occasion tasks are not linked to the proper client, as I directed
- I think the task flow page could be a little easier to follow/interface could use improvement
- Linking contact info to account info.
- Allowing meeting notes to be stored in account pages.
- I really disliked the word processing function in the meeting notes a part of the site. It was almost impossible to format spacing and bullet points, and it was even harder to copy/paste from Word. I usually would just upload my Word doc with notes to show up as an attachment, but that took longer to do and access later.
- I didn't love the design of the site: I could have been easier to navigate and more sleek looking.
- Insightly does a great job of storing customer data, including contact information.
- Insightly has a lot of flexibility and customization options.
- Insightly has great pipeline options that allow you to track your customer journey in the CRM app.
- Insightly's mobile app could be designed better for mobile interfaces.
- It takes a while to get Insightly setup in the beginning.
- Training users on Insightly can be cumbersome, the user interface isn't always easy to figure out.
- The search function is priceless. It is easy to find information about projects and proposals (opportunities) colleagues are working on.
- The ability to link or connect contacts, leads, opportunities, and projects is a natural process. This intuitive process makes it easy to see data in multiple facets.
- Insightly connects with Outlook, so it's easy to use with programs I use on a daily basis. This helps streamline processes and increases productivity.
- The print function should be able to print a full page, not just what is visible on the screen. Fortunately, there is a workaround for this.
- Backs up all the important documents and data.
- Importing of contacts is a very helpful tool which I cannot forget to mention.
- A project can be expressed in a simple, detailed and informative manner.
- The sidebar navigation is also very helpful and comes in handy most of the times.
- It is $99 per month and we found it to be a little expensive.
- The e-mail feature is a little bit confusing.
- It has bad customer service.
- Great integrations.
- Price was perfect for small teams.
- Very intuitive to use.
- The calendar in Insightly was not up to par with other providers.
- Would love to have seen a more visually appealing UI.
- Tasks feature is lacking.
- Backs up important information.
- Avoid flaws in tasks, which saves us a lot of time.
- It is an excellent CRM, light and practical to use with a great interface.
- Import of contacts, this tool is very important for our organization.
- We always have the opportunity to link Insightly with other applications.
- Maybe my only and exclusive complaint about this software would be that once I exported some information I can not import it back again.
What most impacted our client was the way we presented the project's metrics, so they could validate with the data in hand the expected progress.
- It allows us to synchronize with common applications that we have been using frequently such as Gmail, Office 365, etc.
- The way we present the progress of the project, in a very fresh and understandable way.
- It allows us to manage delivery times, efficiently, so that we accelerate in cases where we see delays.
- Offers a variety of ideas, to send reports that serve us internally to increase our productivity and motivate employees to achieve achievements.
- There is an Insightly module which allows streamlining business processes. In the beginning, this module is usually a bit confusing, due to the way data are introduced and how they relate to data that we already have from our clients.
- Initially, there is a relatively high start-up cost.
Unsuitable scenarios would be when you do not acquire a professional license, you lose many functionalities, this would be a small disadvantage, so you have to always pay for the higher cost option.
- User-friendly database set up via import of contacts from multiple sources
- On-going support and training: live webinars, recordings or on-line Q&A are invaluable
- Reporting flexibility and ease of adding custom fields
- Accessablity from multiple platforms: I use it daily on my desktop, laptop & Android
- Recurring task management could use more flexibility on the triggers
- Emails are kept in one repository & don't link directly to the project/person referenced
- QuickBooks not accurate if multiple projects/subcontracts for one client
- Customer support is non-existent: no phone help, online chat or ticketing helpdesk system. Just post a question & wait to see if someone answers it!
- it is a very useful tool to manage everything related to our corporate agenda
- It allows you to open up an account for free with limited storage of course but still is very affordable if you upgrade to the Plus Plan.
- The sidebar navigation makes a lot of sense, and that is about it.
- The email function can get a little confusing.
- It's not super intuitive and I have had a hard time making use of all the functionality I need from my phone.
- I honestly do not like the color that Insightly has set as their theme color.
Managing projects, opportunities, and lead. It enables me with all of this added functionality.
- I think that it's simple monitoring every one of the 'activities' and errands e.g. messages, calls, recommendations, connecting those to errands and making openings.
- It is valuable to have this connected to singular contacts with the prospect/customer. It's extremely instinctive and simple to utilize, notwithstanding when you don't have much time to spend on business improvement. Not certain what else as I'm not utilizing it regularly.
- It is much cheaper than Salesforce and better than it.
- The web browser app interface is great, looks pleasant and is really responsive (quick).
- The navigation is tricky and cumbersome. It takes too many clicks to get to my projects. They could have made it more simpler and quicker by giving quick tabs or an option of favorites or something.
- It is $99 / user, per month (billed annually) for the enterprise so if you are a startup, you probably can't afford it.
Insightly Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Insightly is an online CRM solution targeted at small and mid-sized businesses. Over 1.5 million worldwide small and mid-size business Insightly users build relationships, generate quotes, accelerate sales and deliver projects. It is the #1 Gmail, G Suite & Outlook CRM.
According to the vendor, businesses use Insightly for:
- Relationship linking
- Contact management
- Email tracking
- Lead management
- Opportunity management
- Quote generation
- Workflow automation
- Project management
- Advanced reporting
- Mobile CRM app with business card scanning and audio notes
- Localization/internationalization- Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian
- Over 40 app integrations including Gmail, Google Apps, Mailchimp, Box, QuickBooks Online, etc.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Insightly Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|1-on-1 Onboarding Sessions|
Insightly Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian|