Customer data management / contact management (304)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (284)
Task management (292)
Opportunity management (279)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Insightly, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Insightly is an online unified platform that provides CRM and marketing automation solutions targeted at small and mid-sized businesses. Marketing automation is built on the same platform as Insightly CRM, so customer data flows freely between the two systems in real time, giving users and their teams access to actionable insights, faster. The vendor boasts over 1.5 million worldwide small and mid-size business Insightly users build relationships, generate quotes, accelerate sales and deliver projects, and state it is the #1 Gmail, G Suite & Outlook CRM.
According to the vendor, businesses use Insightly for:
- Relationship linking
- Contact management
- Email tracking
- Lead management
- Opportunity management
- Quote generation
- Workflow automation
- Project management
- Advanced reporting
- Mobile CRM app with business card scanning and audio notes
- Localization/internationalization- Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian
- Over 40 app integrations including Gmail, Google Apps, Mailchimp, Box, QuickBooks Online, etc.
- Supported: Customer data management / contact management
- Supported: Workflow management
- Supported: Territory management
- Supported: Opportunity management
- Supported: Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
- Supported: Quote & order management
- Supported: Interaction tracking
- Supported: Lead management
- Supported: Email marketing
- Supported: Task management
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: Pipeline visualization
- Supported: Customizable reports
- Supported: Custom fields
- Supported: Custom objects
- Supported: API for custom integration
- Supported: Role-based user permissions
- Supported: Single sign-on capability
- Supported: Marketing automation
- Supported: Mobile access
- Supported: AICPA SOC II Type 1 and Type 2 audited and accredited, and US/EU Privacy Shield and US/Swiss Privacy Shield certified.
- Supported: Data import & export
- Supported: Two-factor Authentication (2FA)
- Supported: SAML-based Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Supported: OAuth Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Supported: Audit Logs
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages||English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian|
- Provides a platform to organize project information
- The platform shows the organizations and people involved with a project as well as notes and emails; however, this area needs to reinstall a feature from the Classic Version that has been removed.
- Makes it easy for multiple employees to see what is happening with a project without long meetings or conversations.
- Please add the box back in to Files that allows for easily removing multiple files. This feature was in the Classic version and has been removed. In the current version removing un-needed files is a very chunky monkey process and a primary reason I no longer recommend Insightly to others in my industry. Png's such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram used by many in my industry as part of an email signature are saved as separate files along with quotes and documents I frequently need to open. It is extremely irritating to scroll through many of these Png files to find the one I want to open.
- I rate the instructional videos a C. They seldom cover my question and I find rooting around to solve my problem better than using the customer service help or Zendesk options.
- The information on Mailchimp Integration is very poor and I want to use Mailchimp Marketing.
- Track leads. Adding contacts and sorting them based on the lead stage is clear and easy to do.
- Clean interface. It's easy to use Insightly and show someone else how to use it.
- Integrating with email. Emails are stored with the associated contact, making it helpful to view all communications inside Insightly
- Task/sorting stages. Adding tasks creates a little banner and you can also change the stages. I found them a little redundant as a user
- Uploading contacts can be a little slow when done in bulk
- Easy to navigate
- Easy to search
- Easy customizable reporting
- Mobile app
- Improvement on Dashboards
- Add time entry module for professional services firms
- Add billing module
- Very easy to use-you can start using it without a lot of experience
- Allows you to create groups or add tags to your contacts for more organization
- Gives the option to upload current contact lists into the database rather than manually entering
- Allows for adding social media profiles
- Allows you to create "custom" fields within your contact that are specific to your company
- It pulls profile pictures from Twitter profiles and they aren't usually good quality within the profile
- It would be nice if there were more "standard" social media profiles included in the main contact portion-rather than creating custom fields for others
- When creating tags, it would be nice if they weren't case sensitive-which allows for duplicates to be created
- customer segmentation
- campaign design
- bulk email sending
- email alerts to customers
- streamline various business processes
- platform user interface
- ability to adapt to market situation while having campaigns
- securely save data on cloud in compliant way
- reduction in maintenance and service cost
- Formatting of our pages
- Ease of Data Entry
- Task Tracking
- Without putting information in Notes, there is no way to maintain multiple fields' yearly information over several years.
- Would like to be able to edit (re-order) the list of LIST VIEW queries
- It would be great if the STATE field had a dropdown with the states listed
- In NOTES, you can report on Comment count - It would be nice you could report on comment count in TASKS also
Doesn't seem quite right for a full donor database - not as many of the capabilities we look for in that type of system.
Often when we ask other questions about functions of the software, the response we get is that we should buy a higher level (a level which would not suit our needs as a small nonprofit organization)
- Organization of tasks completed/ to-do
- Management of sales and open projects
- Good app on the iPhone, mobile on the go
- Very little storage on the free version
- Issues with email functionality, interference with Gmail login
- Dull graphic designs, slightly dated
- Integration with my business ecosystem which is Google
- Management of sales and project pipelines
- New interface is brilliant making using the system so much easier
- Could do with automated email linking
- Raising the record limit on the Basic version
- Reinstating the Basic version - The new entry-level price is too much for CRM newbies
- Keeps track of projects
- Keeps track of contacts for each project
- Easy to change information is contacts change
- Maybe add some editable entry points
- in-person training
- Captures Business Cards
- Captures Leads
- Captures Opportunities
- Linking information
- Better Reports
- A clean and user friendly interface that is easy to navigate
- Reporting features are quite comprehensive
- Integration with G suite and other sales tools
- Workflow management is easy to set up and makes collaboration simple
- It lacks proper technical support. There aren't enough technical resources online and their support team isn't any help.
- It takes months for their team to get the bugs fixed and is incredibly slow coming out with updates.
- Lacks advanced features for contact management and opportunity management.
- Contact Management
- Stages of Leads
- Marketing Automation
- Email Management
- Lead routing
- Workflow automation
- It is a great CRM tool that is very intuitive and makes it easy to manage opportunities.
- I like that it can clearly show activity on projects, schedule tasks, and effectively manage directory contacts.
- I can automatically subscribe my leads to the email list through the web forms provided by Insightly.
- They should add more variety of task and sales functions, which has to be at the forefront.
- Although its price may seem a bit expensive, it is pretty affordable compared to other programs and much more for what it offers.
- Good iPhone app
- Free option to try it
- Very simple intuitive interface
- About the same price as Salesforce now
- Free version has very limited storage
- No middle ground, either free or full price
- It's a simple place to archive and organize communications and materials for easier access down the road.
- We have a project type for ads in our publication - so we're able, at glance, to see all the ads in that publication in the order of their status – from not started to OK'd. It helps in not overlooking an ad and potentially failing to include it in the publication.
- It gives us ONE spot to find the best contact info for a client that we can update for everyone's access whenever there's a change.
- Conversion of an Opportunity to a Project doesn't bring the content of the Opportunity to the Project. It does put a link to the Opportunity in the Project – but I would find it more helpful to see everything in one spot under the project.
- It's helpful that an email linked to a project automatically puts file attachments under files...I just wish it wouldn't also bring over all the innocuous media icons/logos that oftentimes make up the signature of an email.
- Clicking on a project link to an email opens a screen for me to choose which Google account I'm using and then it opens a new browser tab for that project. It would be preferable if it would simply punt and go with the Google account associated with the email AND not open a fresh tab...that makes for lots of tabs after a while. Not a big deal.
- Integration with third party application (like MailChimp)
- Integration with calendar (inc. Google Calendar)
- Affordable price.
- Quite of comprehensive overview/statics of different metrics.
- There are many things should be done better. Please see their own help center site https://support.insight.ly/hc/en-us/community/topics
- It's quite frustrating how slow Insightly implements even simplest suggestions, if at all.
- The inteface and user logic could be lot better and userfriendly
- Doesn't give an overview of a contact or customer data as it could - needs excessive clicking between different views/tabs.
- Easy to use
- Strong customer support
- Sorts opportunties efficiently
- Uploads contacts from excel/csv files quickly
- Merges with Gmail
- E-mail functionality is limited (e-mailing to groups, and e-mails allow for html only)
- Cannot e-mail based on organization
- With this platform I can get a clear vision of the sales that are made within the company.
- It has an excellent project management tool that allows me to organize my clients and sort them by categories.
- It has Gmail integration, thus being able to send emails and assign personalized tasks to people without the need for the platform
- It adapts to work needs, covering user requirements since it is very easy to manage and track sales.
- I only find the integration with the Google application practical, with other platforms it is a bit complex to understand.
- The mobile version lacks many functions which are necessary to have a full port of this platform on the mobile.
- Keep data in a public cloud, this can be a security risk. They should be able to give a tool where you can store the data privately and thus keep everything safe.
- Workflow automation
- Tracking emails
- It helps us keep track of new contacts.
- Share information with multiple users so if the contacts are updated we are able to open insightly and see where a potential customer is in our sales process.
- Assigning tasks is simple to do and check in insightly.
- We've had issues with contacts in insightly. We have trouble integrating it with Google contacts and I'm not sure which is the bigger problem.
- We use a plan with limited data and have had some issues with running out of space. As we've learned to use insightly better that problem has disappeared, but when it hit us it was a big problem.
- The activity sets option is a nice feature but I found it difficult to learn. The rest of insightly is fairly straightforward but this took more time and functioned differently. It's worth taking the time to learn but I'd guess the process could be simplified.
This information is coupled with our budgets to provide the proverbial "BIGGER PICTURE"
- Organizational, contact and opportunity management. We're able to store relevant data about all three specific information areas. In particular, the progression of opportunities through custom phases is a big plus for us.
- Great reports that are customizable to my department's needs.
- The easy user interface made the transition from our previous product relatively pain free for our users. Not to say what we used, but you had to be a wise old 'sage' to use it...
- It would also be great to be able to track quotes against a budget or target!
Not too well suited to quoting!
- Link between Sales and Project Managers
- Stages on opportunities
- Managing Leads
- Workflows for task assignment
- Task management
- Simple point and click lead creation.
- Although most people use Insightly for sales, we use it to keep a list of contacts and notes. A lot of these contacts have been featured in our magazine, when we may have met at a festival or event. Easy to keep notes and individual information.
- The mobile app is lacking.
- You need to study the system a bit before you know how to use it.
- Task Management
- Google Apps Integration
- Low barrier to entry
- Would love more mailing automation
- Our organization started on the free plan, upgraded to a paid plan, and then couldn't downgrade again. This wasn't immediately clear to us when we signed up as most of the information said you can upgrade and downgrade as necessary. Apparently not true if you want to move away from paid service.