Reviews (1-25 of 303)
- Backs up all the important documents and data.
- Importing of contacts is a very helpful tool which I cannot forget to mention.
- A project can be expressed in a simple, detailed and informative manner.
- The sidebar navigation is also very helpful and comes in handy most of the times.
- It is $99 per month and we found it to be a little expensive.
- The e-mail feature is a little bit confusing.
- It has bad customer service.
- Backs up important information.
- Avoid flaws in tasks, which saves us a lot of time.
- It is an excellent CRM, light and practical to use with a great interface.
- Import of contacts, this tool is very important for our organization.
- We always have the opportunity to link Insightly with other applications.
- Maybe my only and exclusive complaint about this software would be that once I exported some information I can not import it back again.
What most impacted our client was the way we presented the project's metrics, so they could validate with the data in hand the expected progress.
- It allows us to synchronize with common applications that we have been using frequently such as Gmail, Office 365, etc.
- The way we present the progress of the project, in a very fresh and understandable way.
- It allows us to manage delivery times, efficiently, so that we accelerate in cases where we see delays.
- Offers a variety of ideas, to send reports that serve us internally to increase our productivity and motivate employees to achieve achievements.
- There is an Insightly module which allows streamlining business processes. In the beginning, this module is usually a bit confusing, due to the way data are introduced and how they relate to data that we already have from our clients.
- Initially, there is a relatively high start-up cost.
Unsuitable scenarios would be when you do not acquire a professional license, you lose many functionalities, this would be a small disadvantage, so you have to always pay for the higher cost option.
- User-friendly database set up via import of contacts from multiple sources
- On-going support and training: live webinars, recordings or on-line Q&A are invaluable
- Reporting flexibility and ease of adding custom fields
- Accessablity from multiple platforms: I use it daily on my desktop, laptop & Android
- Recurring task management could use more flexibility on the triggers
- Emails are kept in one repository & don't link directly to the project/person referenced
- QuickBooks not accurate if multiple projects/subcontracts for one client
- Customer support is non-existent: no phone help, online chat or ticketing helpdesk system. Just post a question & wait to see if someone answers it!
- it is a very useful tool to manage everything related to our corporate agenda
- It allows you to open up an account for free with limited storage of course but still is very affordable if you upgrade to the Plus Plan.
- The sidebar navigation makes a lot of sense, and that is about it.
- The email function can get a little confusing.
- It's not super intuitive and I have had a hard time making use of all the functionality I need from my phone.
- I honestly do not like the color that Insightly has set as their theme color.
Managing projects, opportunities, and lead. It enables me with all of this added functionality.
- I think that it's simple monitoring every one of the 'activities' and errands e.g. messages, calls, recommendations, connecting those to errands and making openings.
- It is valuable to have this connected to singular contacts with the prospect/customer. It's extremely instinctive and simple to utilize, notwithstanding when you don't have much time to spend on business improvement. Not certain what else as I'm not utilizing it regularly.
- It is much cheaper than Salesforce and better than it.
- The web browser app interface is great, looks pleasant and is really responsive (quick).
- The navigation is tricky and cumbersome. It takes too many clicks to get to my projects. They could have made it more simpler and quicker by giving quick tabs or an option of favorites or something.
- It is $99 / user, per month (billed annually) for the enterprise so if you are a startup, you probably can't afford it.
- Integration with my business ecosystem which is Google
- Management of sales and project pipelines
- New interface is brilliant making using the system so much easier
- Could do with automated email linking
- Raising the record limit on the Basic version
- Reinstating the Basic version - The new entry-level price is too much for CRM newbies
- It is software that allows better control and monitoring for project management.
- It allows the centralization of internal and external contacts of the company, improving the communication channels with suppliers and customers for the quick access to information.
- Through this software, a correct functional management of the company, tasks and processes is maintained.
- The most versatile part of Insightly is that it starts with basic and simple features that can be expanded as you grow your needs within the company.
- I would like this software to have a more dynamic interface when loading tasks and / or files.
- That a sales management and support process is more practical to operate.
- Total contact management software that include picture of person.
- Great training videos to guide all level of users.
- Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown.
- CRM and project management together in the same application.
- Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly.
- Responsive customer service that doesn't seem well informed to deal with anything beyond the most basic of questions.
- It has an excellent sales process and an incredible marketing facility with customers.
- The price is affordable enough for small companies to get the program.
- It accommodates in the best way the growth curve of my small business.
- There are many videos for new customers who are entering the software to have the ability and speed to catch up and not be left behind.
- Sometimes it is not visually beautiful, it still needs to improve its appearance.
- The free version does not provide all the tools or features that a paid version offers, so it is almost mandatory to buy the membership.
- Exceptional reporting and alert capability
- An abundant number of templates for use across multiple applications
- Email capacity is quite large
- Not best suited for very large-scale businesses
- Reporting capability is great but there could be additional options for customization
- Sometimes there are results in duplicate entries/records which can lead to unproductive time
- Lots of filter options!
- Automatically pulls contact Social Media profiles!
- Sends email confirmations when uploading a .CSV doc with specifics on who was uploaded, any skipped, dupes etc.
- So many pop-up screens on one page can get cluttered.
- Each column has to be manually adjusted to view contents each time.
- E-mail classification based on BCC from GMail
- Ease of use - the system is the easiest one we have ever used and we have tried several
- The link between records - organizations and contacts can be linked and you can define the link relationship (think referral partners)
- More customizations although those have improved a LOT with the new UI.
- More integration points to other systems
- Better e-mail marketing capabilities included in the standard package
- Within GMAIL - the sidebar is an amazing tool and has so much potential!
- Within GMAIL - so save into Insightly and link is very very helpful
- Insightly's search is very good
- Being able to tag the contact is helpful
- The corroboration with Mailchimp is awesome
- Within Opportunities and Projects: EMAILING clients!
- Deleting Activity Sets
- Allowing more bcc's and cc's within Insightly emailing
- It's online and has different tiers. You can easily move between different product tiers as your business needs change.
- I love the integration of sales pipelines with projects and tasks.
- Integration with third-party software tools.
- Would be great if you could integrate with your select email marketing platform, or if Insightly provided email marketing tools similar to mainstream platforms.
- I am a Microsoft product user and would like better integration with those products.
- Would be nice to have templates for different business types.
- LEAD MANAGEMENT: Insightly enables my team to effectively gather information about our customers (current and prospective), organize our sales leads, import leads from other CRM tools and engage these leads easily. It does not matter where we generate these leads from, we are still able to store them into the Insightly CRM, while Insightly automatically assigns every saved lead to a sales representative, based on pre-saved factors. Thus we spend more time closing deals and growing our business with lead management.
- WORKFLOW: Insightly has reduced the amount of administrative work we need to get done in my organization, by leveraging on its workflow automation. With Insightly's workflow automation, we have been able to bypass our inbox most of the time, auto-assign tasks, and trigger actions in our in-house support software products.
- A single action on our Customer Relationship Management tool (Insightly) triggers a cascade of reactions. Thus we are able to properly update our data, delegate our tasks, and send out emails automatically, leaving our sales reps. with reduced work to do. We are able to even assign a sales rep. to attend to every sales lead, and send an automated introduction email to new sales leads all automatedly.
- EMAIL TRACKING: We use Insightly to track our emails, and this has enabled a faster and smarter email sales activity across my team. With Insightly we are able to save emails right from our inbox and Insightly helps in recording the accompanying context.
- We are also able to search for anything on past correspondence with our customers, no matter how long the correspondence has been. While also being able to schedule automated emails to our sales via Insightly. Thus Insightly has made it possible to stay in touch with our sales leads at the right time and whenever necessary.
- SPELL CHECK: Currently the Insightly CRM does not spell check sales emails we compose on the solution. Will be very helpful for sales activity, if Insightly can introduce a SPELL CHECK feature.
- RECOVERY: We have found ourselves in situations where someone deletes some contacts in error and leaves the entire sales team in a fix. I think it is very important that Insightly introduces a sort of a "recycle bin" via which we are able to recover deleted contacts or delete them permanently.
- Signature workflow: A great addition for Insightly would be if we can have a document signing option on the CRM. Maybe an integration with HelloSign?
Insightly can help organize the sales process of every organization. By bringing together all sales efforts and combine them into one straight forward and predictable process. Thus organizations using Insightly are able to monitor pass updates, current updates and follow future updates of any sales deal.
- We have been able to customize fields to address our needs. Our industry is not well known so typical fields do not address all the areas we record.
- We have made extensive use of tags to categorize specific groups within groups that we want to monitor.
- We have been able to completely customize the workflow process and steps to complete projects.
- PLEASE add a DocuSign module! It is the only real reason we have considered other CRM companies!
- Some of the workflow from completing a task but then checking off a task as done is a bit awkward and cumbersome.
- Would love to be able to add more than 15 business cards per month. Do not want to upgrade for that alone.
- Task Sync to Google Calendar. This is especially strong and helps to keep a daily agenda on point for me.
- Task notifications. This helps me keep on point as it keeps me locked into my timeline of development. I'm extremely busy, so having this reminder system on my phone and in emails is helpful.
- Notes: I love the notes feature, which helps keep my projects well organized for others that might step into them. I stopped using Google Keep once I got a handle on Notes in Insightly.
- Linking. When I link a company to a project, it should bring up a screen or balloon to select which members of the company you want to link. Instead, you have to link each individually. Using the integration into GMail, this is a very repetitive function.
- Gmail integration. For the most part this works, but it's clunky and not very streamlined at all. Too many clicks and links to add each email to a particular project, organization or contact. When a contact email is part of a project, it should automatically be recorded to that project without any user intervention required.
- The sales forecasting is, like with most CRMs, easily manipulated and nothing more than guessing.
- I can tag any email correspondence when I'm using my local email to easily copy the correspondence to Insightly. This way I can look it up again within Insightly by the contact's name, company or email.
- Insightly provides many of the tools I need on one platform: CRM, and opportunity, task and project manager.
- It's easy to turn an opportunity into a project, so you don't have to copy over any past information or correspondence.
- The interface has become too complex, making it somewhat less intuitive to do even the simplest things, i.e., check off a completed task, only see open projects, read saved correspondence. This may be due to the fact that Insightly is trying to make it too customizable.
- Insightly seems to be moving more in the direction of a sales pipeline tool, rather than a simpler contact manager. This doesn't really fit the way I work, because my sales are not always linear in nature -- possibly because I'm selling services, not entirely fixed packages or physical goods.
- The project and task managers are too complex, and I can't organize easily by client. In other words, I'd like to be able to pull up a client and see all the tasks I need to complete for them. A dashboard would be very helpful for this.
- The current home dashboard isn't useful in that it only shows what's happened. This may be more useful for someone managing other people with Insightly. I'd like to see what needs to be done, not what's *been* done.
- Insightly keeps the tools we already use connected and with the links to the file service we never lose a document.
- The automation makes things easy. We set up project assignments within the pipelines which keep us on schedule and able to better manage milestones.
- We've closed a lot more deals and done it much faster because of Insightly's sales pipeline management and workflow automation tools.
- We have been able to manage all of our leads and new sales opportunities inside of a neat and easy to use pipeline view.
- Pricing could be better. The tiering structure doesn't fit our sales model but I would imagine it works for most companies.
- The sidebar for Gmail doesn't seem to work all that well. Access to Gmail is a great feature but the interaction is a little difficult to manage.
- After completing a task the archiving does not make the task complete. It would be great if the task would complete upon archiving.
- Most importantly, it is cloud-based software.
- Integrates perfectly with GSuite and Google products.
- Mobility. Perfect for digital nomads.
- It needs to be more robust. Search needs to be improved.
- Lacks marketing automation.
- Better support
- I think Insightly is extremely easy to use
- I think it integrates nicely into our website platform
- I like the ease of mailing customers and template emails
- I cant put out Logo onto template emails
- This has been our only problem
- Integrates well with MailChimp allowing me to periodically send updates to all my contacts or just the relevant segment of them.
- Integrates well with Gmail so I can see, from inside Insightly, what email correspondence I have had with a contact.
- Sets tasks and reminders easily so I don't have to keep in the back of my mind that I have 50 different people to follow up. Insightly simply reminds me on my android phone, I press call, and keep things moving along.
- Mapping customers - I would like to be able to easily see the location of my contacts in maps so I can plan sales trips efficiently. I have heard insightly are working on this but haven't seen any production solutions.
- Interface is a little laggy at times (probably because it is cloud based) forcing me to export to CSV and process in a spreadsheet when I am updating large contact datasets.
- The ability to view all contacts at once, rather than on multiple pages, would be helpful for data processing.
- Tagging seems a little error prone, if I tag various contacts with the same tag, these different tags can appear in different columns when exporting to CSV from insightly
- Contact organization
- Concise client company structure
- A very good follow up routine
- The bulk editing feature needs work, but it does work well.
- The reporting function is, initially, daunting, but once you have the hang of it, it works properly.
- The calendar integration in the app needs work.
Insightly Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Insightly is an online CRM solution targeted at small and mid-sized businesses. Over 1.5 million worldwide small and mid-size business Insightly users build relationships, generate quotes, accelerate sales and deliver projects. It is the #1 Gmail, G Suite & Outlook CRM.
According to the vendor, businesses use Insightly for:
- Relationship linking
- Contact management
- Email tracking
- Lead management
- Opportunity management
- Quote generation
- Workflow automation
- Project management
- Advanced reporting
- Mobile CRM app with business card scanning and audio notes
- Localization/internationalization- Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian
- Over 40 app integrations including Gmail, Google Apps, Mailchimp, Box, QuickBooks Online, etc.
Insightly Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|1-on-1 Onboarding Sessions|
Insightly Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian|