https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ai/rH/X5S66BCC0U5H.JPEGInsightly - An Easy-To-Use Small Business PowerhouseWe use Insightly as our primary CRM. One of our favorite features is the ability to blind copy e-mails into the system so that each account in CRM is tagged with that e-mail address. We also like how Insightly recognizes the domains for e-mails we forward in so that it automatically assigns it to an organization. Definitely excited about some of the new customizations possible (new field types) in Insightly to start tracking client anniversaries and follow-ups. We also like how contacts are automatically added to both Insightly and Google when we forward a new e-mail in. Definitely a system we should be using more. We have recommended this system to several colleagues.,E-mail classification based on BCC from GMail Ease of use - the system is the easiest one we have ever used and we have tried several The link between records - organizations and contacts can be linked and you can define the link relationship (think referral partners),More customizations although those have improved a LOT with the new UI. More integration points to other systems Better e-mail marketing capabilities included in the standard package,10,,,Zoho Books, Zoho People, ONTRAPORT, Teamwork Projects, Teamwork Desk, Slack, Skype, CloudAppSmall business review of Insightly CRMI previously used Insightly within my business to manage both my sales opportunities and ongoing client projects. It meant I had visibility across all of the pre and post sales activities relating to customers. It was invaluable in helping me to manage my time and record things I had done and needed to do. Don't actively use it now but still have a basic subscription as I still implement it with some clients. Basic subscription is no longer available to new which is a bit of a shame as it was a good entry level price for new CRM users - The new higher base price puts off a lot of CRM newbies as they can't justify the cost compared to other products on the market.,Integration with my business ecosystem which is Google Management of sales and project pipelines New interface is brilliant making using the system so much easier,Could do with automated email linking Raising the record limit on the Basic version Reinstating the Basic version - The new entry-level price is too much for CRM newbies,10,Improved efficiency Centralized contact management Streamlined business processes,Apptivo, Basecamp, Base CRM, Bitrix24, SalesforceIQ CRM, Capsule CRM, Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM,FreeAgentSmoother Sales ProcessWe use Insightly as a mini customer relationship management tool for saving customer data, tracking our sales leads, and following up on tasks which need to be completed. Having customer data in one place makes it easy for everyone to access customer data whenever it is needed for sales activity. Overall Insightly has saved us time and made our sales activity more efficient.,LEAD MANAGEMENT: Insightly enables my team to effectively gather information about our customers (current and prospective), organize our sales leads, import leads from other CRM tools and engage these leads easily. It does not matter where we generate these leads from, we are still able to store them into the Insightly CRM, while Insightly automatically assigns every saved lead to a sales representative, based on pre-saved factors. Thus we spend more time closing deals and growing our business with lead management. WORKFLOW: Insightly has reduced the amount of administrative work we need to get done in my organization, by leveraging on its workflow automation. With Insightly's workflow automation, we have been able to bypass our inbox most of the time, auto-assign tasks, and trigger actions in our in-house support software products. A single action on our Customer Relationship Management tool (Insightly) triggers a cascade of reactions. Thus we are able to properly update our data, delegate our tasks, and send out emails automatically, leaving our sales reps. with reduced work to do. We are able to even assign a sales rep. to attend to every sales lead, and send an automated introduction email to new sales leads all automatedly. EMAIL TRACKING: We use Insightly to track our emails, and this has enabled a faster and smarter email sales activity across my team. With Insightly we are able to save emails right from our inbox and Insightly helps in recording the accompanying context. We are also able to search for anything on past correspondence with our customers, no matter how long the correspondence has been. While also being able to schedule automated emails to our sales via Insightly. Thus Insightly has made it possible to stay in touch with our sales leads at the right time and whenever necessary.,SPELL CHECK: Currently the Insightly CRM does not spell check sales emails we compose on the solution. Will be very helpful for sales activity, if Insightly can introduce a SPELL CHECK feature. RECOVERY: We have found ourselves in situations where someone deletes some contacts in error and leaves the entire sales team in a fix. I think it is very important that Insightly introduces a sort of a "recycle bin" via which we are able to recover deleted contacts or delete them permanently. Signature workflow: A great addition for Insightly would be if we can have a document signing option on the CRM. Maybe an integration with HelloSign?,9,,Workplace by Facebook (Formerly Facebook at Work), Skype, Intercom, Userlike, HelloSignStronger on Sales Automation than Client ManagementI use it to manage contact lists and correspondence for my solo consulting firm. It's helped me keep track of leads. I've used it to manage projects and opportunities. I've also used some of the email marketing tools, including setting up some standard emails.,I can tag any email correspondence when I'm using my local email to easily copy the correspondence to Insightly. This way I can look it up again within Insightly by the contact's name, company or email. Insightly provides many of the tools I need on one platform: CRM, and opportunity, task and project manager. It's easy to turn an opportunity into a project, so you don't have to copy over any past information or correspondence.,The interface has become too complex, making it somewhat less intuitive to do even the simplest things, i.e., check off a completed task, only see open projects, read saved correspondence. This may be due to the fact that Insightly is trying to make it too customizable. Insightly seems to be moving more in the direction of a sales pipeline tool, rather than a simpler contact manager. This doesn't really fit the way I work, because my sales are not always linear in nature -- possibly because I'm selling services, not entirely fixed packages or physical goods. The project and task managers are too complex, and I can't organize easily by client. In other words, I'd like to be able to pull up a client and see all the tasks I need to complete for them. A dashboard would be very helpful for this. The current home dashboard isn't useful in that it only shows what's happened. This may be more useful for someone managing other people with Insightly. I'd like to see what needs to be done, not what's *been* done.,7,,Asana, Agile CRM, Hatchbuck, Batchbook and Zoho CRM,Airtable, Todoist, MailChimpInsightly, for those who wants moreInsightly is used as the CRM solution for some small business that needs to track their sales opportunities integrated with SAP Business One as backend ERP solution. I recommend Insightly because it is easy to integrate, and very useful for those kind of companies. Additionally, it is cheaper than other similar solutions,Email tracking Granular sharing settings Power BI integration SAP Business One integration Creates web forms,Lead assignment rules only available to Professional and Enterprise plans No automatic email forwarding,8,Increased Sales Centralized contact management,Base CRM, Pipedrive, Apptivo and Zoho CRM,SAP Business One, SAP HANA, Microsoft Power BI
Insightly

Insightly Reviews

Insightly
Top Rated Award
Filter 533 vetted Insightly reviews and ratings
June 05, 2018

Review: "Insightly - An Easy-To-Use Small Business Powerhouse"

• E-mail classification based on BCC from GMail
  • Ease of use - the system is the easiest one we have ever used and we have tried several
  • The link between records - organizations and contacts can be linked and you can define the link relationship (think referral partners)
  • More customizations although those have improved a LOT with the new UI.
  • More integration points to other systems
  • Better e-mail marketing capabilities included in the standard package
Insightly is perfect for small business owners who are not that tech savvy. It is also well known for its ease-of-use so if you aren't sure how to use a full-blown CRM this is a great place to be. Overall my business partner doesn't want to go back to a complicated system like Zoho CRM that was difficult to understand.
Well, next up as I said earlier is more customization for things like client anniversaries. We used Insightly quite a lot a few years ago and we need to get back to using it for opportunity management and customer/client followup. Now that we have a full-time operations person that is one of their main roles and we will be adding them to Insightly to manage this shortly.
Read Denny Basham, MBA, Denver Reputation Marketing Expert.'s full review
September 05, 2018

"Small business review of Insightly CRM"

• Integration with my business ecosystem which is Google
  • Management of sales and project pipelines
  • New interface is brilliant making using the system so much easier
  • Could do with automated email linking
  • Raising the record limit on the Basic version
  • Reinstating the Basic version - The new entry-level price is too much for CRM newbies
Well suited to a small business that needs to manage both sales and projects at a high level. Not so great for in depth project management.
  • Streamlined business processes
Insightly has definitely helped me improve my efficiency in running my business especially in managing my workload. Having all my business contacts in one place enables me to sort them out easily to enable me to do targeted communications.
Read Vince McConville's full review
July 11, 2018

Insightly Review: "Smoother Sales Process"

• LEAD MANAGEMENT: Insightly enables my team to effectively gather information about our customers (current and prospective), organize our sales leads, import leads from other CRM tools and engage these leads easily. It does not matter where we generate these leads from, we are still able to store them into the Insightly CRM, while Insightly automatically assigns every saved lead to a sales representative, based on pre-saved factors. Thus we spend more time closing deals and growing our business with lead management.
  • WORKFLOW: Insightly has reduced the amount of administrative work we need to get done in my organization, by leveraging on its workflow automation. With Insightly's workflow automation, we have been able to bypass our inbox most of the time, auto-assign tasks, and trigger actions in our in-house support software products.
  • A single action on our Customer Relationship Management tool (Insightly) triggers a cascade of reactions. Thus we are able to properly update our data, delegate our tasks, and send out emails automatically, leaving our sales reps. with reduced work to do. We are able to even assign a sales rep. to attend to every sales lead, and send an automated introduction email to new sales leads all automatedly.
  • EMAIL TRACKING: We use Insightly to track our emails, and this has enabled a faster and smarter email sales activity across my team. With Insightly we are able to save emails right from our inbox and Insightly helps in recording the accompanying context.
  • We are also able to search for anything on past correspondence with our customers, no matter how long the correspondence has been. While also being able to schedule automated emails to our sales via Insightly. Thus Insightly has made it possible to stay in touch with our sales leads at the right time and whenever necessary.
  • SPELL CHECK: Currently the Insightly CRM does not spell check sales emails we compose on the solution. Will be very helpful for sales activity, if Insightly can introduce a SPELL CHECK feature.
  • RECOVERY: We have found ourselves in situations where someone deletes some contacts in error and leaves the entire sales team in a fix. I think it is very important that Insightly introduces a sort of a "recycle bin" via which we are able to recover deleted contacts or delete them permanently.
  • Signature workflow: A great addition for Insightly would be if we can have a document signing option on the CRM. Maybe an integration with HelloSign?
Insightly is perfectly suited for customer data management; as this enables an organization to have important sales information on its customers in one central location, where it is accessible to every sales person to maximize the organization's sales efforts.

Insightly can help organize the sales process of every organization. By bringing together all sales efforts and combine them into one straight forward and predictable process. Thus organizations using Insightly are able to monitor pass updates, current updates and follow future updates of any sales deal.
GENERAL CLIENT TRACKING - As a sales-centric organization, we always need to be able to have as much data as possible of every one of our customers and potential customers. Insightly as a CRM provides us with a place to save and manage every single information about our customers garnered.

FAST PACED SALES CLOSURE - Via a set of little features here and there ( lead capturing, workflow automation, lead routing) which all combine into a beautiful tool (Insightly). We have been able to generate leads, qualify leads, reach out to our leads and close deals with them faster.

DATA SECURITY - We also want customers to trust us with data we have collected from them either with or without their permission. Here, Insightly has been very dependable. By providing us a set of protocols whose end goal is to secure the data we have saved on Insightly. An example of such protocol is the "SINGLE SIGN-ON INTEGRATION" which authorizes users to use a set of login credentials on the Internet.

Read Anthonia Aveh's full review
June 29, 2018

Insightly Review: "Stronger on Sales Automation than Client Management"

• I can tag any email correspondence when I'm using my local email to easily copy the correspondence to Insightly. This way I can look it up again within Insightly by the contact's name, company or email.
  • Insightly provides many of the tools I need on one platform: CRM, and opportunity, task and project manager.
  • It's easy to turn an opportunity into a project, so you don't have to copy over any past information or correspondence.
  • The interface has become too complex, making it somewhat less intuitive to do even the simplest things, i.e., check off a completed task, only see open projects, read saved correspondence. This may be due to the fact that Insightly is trying to make it too customizable.
  • Insightly seems to be moving more in the direction of a sales pipeline tool, rather than a simpler contact manager. This doesn't really fit the way I work, because my sales are not always linear in nature -- possibly because I'm selling services, not entirely fixed packages or physical goods.
  • The project and task managers are too complex, and I can't organize easily by client. In other words, I'd like to be able to pull up a client and see all the tasks I need to complete for them. A dashboard would be very helpful for this.
  • The current home dashboard isn't useful in that it only shows what's happened. This may be more useful for someone managing other people with Insightly. I'd like to see what needs to be done, not what's *been* done.
I would recommend Insightly to even small organizations managing a sales team. However, I wouldn't recommend it for solos, since it's a bit overkill and doesn't make task or project management easy. There are better, simpler tools out there for that.

It wouldn't be great for virtual teams either, since each would need to have their own copy and come up the learning curve on it -- it's not that intuitive anymore.

It would also be better for organizations doing sales according to a particular, consistent pipeline.
I originally signed up for Insightly for the CRM and project management capabilities, but I'm finding other tools to be easier and faster to manage by client. I was also hoping that I could simplify and automate some of my projects with the workflow -- that hasn't been easy to set up. So I'm not totally sure what outcomes I'm expecting at this point -- rather than getting easier to use, Insightly has become more complex. And new tools are being developed that seem so much simpler.
Read Robbin Block's full review
June 15, 2018

User Review: "Insightly, for those who wants more"

• Granular sharing settings
  • Power BI integration
  • SAP Business One integration
  • Creates web forms
  • Lead assignment rules only available to Professional and Enterprise plans
  • No automatic email forwarding
Is very useful for small companies with a soft flow of leads, and less appropriate for very intensive scenarios.
  • Centralized contact management
With a company that handles around 100 leads by month, we achieved that goal.
Read Leonardo Hernandez's full review
May 30, 2018

Insightly Review: "Great product - good price"

We use Insightly to manage our CRM. The best feature has been the multi-user interface, it keeps us on track and very efficient. The webhooks and API make it easy to set up and keep the platform very flexible. I would easily recommend Insightly to any company looking to deliver projects on time and to accelerate sales.
  • Insightly keeps the tools we already use connected and with the links to the file service we never lose a document.
  • The automation makes things easy. We set up project assignments within the pipelines which keep us on schedule and able to better manage milestones.
  • We've closed a lot more deals and done it much faster because of Insightly's sales pipeline management and workflow automation tools.
  • We have been able to manage all of our leads and new sales opportunities inside of a neat and easy to use pipeline view.
  • Pricing could be better. The tiering structure doesn't fit our sales model but I would imagine it works for most companies.
  • The sidebar for Gmail doesn't seem to work all that well. Access to Gmail is a great feature but the interaction is a little difficult to manage.
  • After completing a task the archiving does not make the task complete. It would be great if the task would complete upon archiving.
Insightly has been a great tool for my department and my company. Many of my peers in my company have been looking into using Insightly in their own departments which is great for us. The more we can improve adoption the better.
I have achieved the outcome I was expecting to when I first decided to make the move to use Insightly. I have achieved my original goals and now know better the additional functionality Insightly comes with which now allows me to expand my goals and be able to do much more.
Read Michael Guerrieo's full review
May 29, 2018

User Review: "Insightly Understands Small Business!"

Insightly was used by my organization to organize customer information. I needed a really simple CRM that I could teach someone quickly how to use it and store the information. She caught on real easy! It is easy, quick set up and frees for 2 users. As a startup, the cost is extremely important. That solved the issue as well.
  • Most importantly, it is cloud-based software.
  • Integrates perfectly with GSuite and Google products.
  • Mobility. Perfect for digital nomads.
  • It needs to be more robust. Search needs to be improved.
  • Lacks marketing automation.
  • Better support
Insightly is well suited for startups. It is great for beginners who are learning how to organize contacts and deals with a simple system. Any company that needs different software to be able to work alongside Insightly (Integrations) can do this easily with Insightly. It is best for companies that are on a tight budget but need to make every single dollar count.
  • Streamlined business processes
Yes, to an extent. I did because:
  • Ability to organize contacts quickly
  • Powerful integration tools
  • Mobility
  • Inexpensive
I did not because:
  • Lack of marketing automation
  • Email marketing automation
  • Support
Overall, I did accomplish much more than I thought were possible. My assistant was able to gain her confidence using a new software.
Read Renea Hanks's full review
May 03, 2018

"Insightly Review"

Insightly is used to manage all our customers, look at opportunities and is integrated into our website. I have had many experiences with CRM systems such as Salesforce and always found them to be extremely difficult to use. I was impressed by the simplicity of Insightly.
  • I think Insightly is extremely easy to use
  • I think it integrates nicely into our website platform
  • I like the ease of mailing customers and template emails
  • I cant put out Logo onto template emails
  • This has been our only problem
I think Insightly is such an easy system to use, this is why we choose it. I have found the interface very easy to set up and I do not have a background in technology? I have enjoyed the way it has progressed over the years adding features and integrations whilst still maintaining its ease of use
I like to ensure that I have captured all leads and make sure that my customers get followed up particularly after inquiries etc. Like all CRM systems, the most important aspect is ensuring you use the system. If I have any issues with Insightly its because I have been too lazy to have put the data in "Garbage in Garbage out". When I use Insightly the tasks feature is useful and the web to lead forms is awesome. Email specific blasts and filtering is very simple as well.
Read Matthew Etherington's full review
April 27, 2018

Review: "Lone Wolf Benefits from Insightly as a Sidekick"

We have one full-time salesperson (me) across two countries. Handling engagement with leads, follow up, delivery of products and support all goes through Insightly on my laptop via my Android phone. I use integrations with Gmail and MailChimp to help expand the capabilities of Insightly and keep all information as up-to-date as possible.
  • Integrates well with MailChimp allowing me to periodically send updates to all my contacts or just the relevant segment of them.
  • Integrates well with Gmail so I can see, from inside Insightly, what email correspondence I have had with a contact.
  • Sets tasks and reminders easily so I don't have to keep in the back of my mind that I have 50 different people to follow up. Insightly simply reminds me on my android phone, I press call, and keep things moving along.
  • Mapping customers - I would like to be able to easily see the location of my contacts in maps so I can plan sales trips efficiently. I have heard insightly are working on this but haven't seen any production solutions.
  • Interface is a little laggy at times (probably because it is cloud based) forcing me to export to CSV and process in a spreadsheet when I am updating large contact datasets.
  • The ability to view all contacts at once, rather than on multiple pages, would be helpful for data processing.
  • Tagging seems a little error prone, if I tag various contacts with the same tag, these different tags can appear in different columns when exporting to CSV from insightly
Works great to help automate the sales process for a lone wolf like me. I have not used it on a larger team so cannot comment. The app is very reliable and allows me to use insightly a lot when I am on the go which is important as I keep contact records up to date.
  • Increased Sales
Yes, I have increased sales with Insightly by automating menial tasks and allowing me to focus on what is important: giving the customer the information they need. Insightly has been a valuable tool in this regard. It has also allowed me to easily tracks bugs/complaints leading to happier clients overall.
Read Ash Scott's full review
April 26, 2018

Review: "Insightly, The Small Business CRM Solution"

Insightly is used as our primary CRM system. It's ease of use and completeness solved the problems associated with other, "larger' offerings.
  • Contact organization
  • Concise client company structure
  • A very good follow up routine
  • The bulk editing feature needs work, but it does work well.
  • The reporting function is, initially, daunting, but once you have the hang of it, it works properly.
  • The calendar integration in the app needs work.
Especially for those firms that are in the "small business sector" (up to 250 employees) this CRM solution is idea.
Regular, reliable, predictable CRM functions for my clients and their teams.
Read Jim Cotton's full review
April 25, 2018

"Insightly review"

I use three Insightly accounts. My first is for my financial services....second is a law firm. It works for me because it contains the contact information, puts in different tasks and meetings. I like how it syncs with my phone and computer so I don't have to log in to check my calendar. I also have it programmed out to list the tasks required or potentially required in a transaction/situation. This helps ensure I don't miss a step along the way. My last account I recently started because I wanted to keep the networking people separate. I haven't really used it much for that, but It would be used in a similar way to manage data, notes, and meetings.
  • Permits me to label the people to sort for different reasons
  • Add steps and a workflow of things
  • Retains the data needed to access when connecting with the contact
  • I wish I would have a two-way sync with my iCal rather than just a subscription
  • I preferred the old layout before the update as many of my contacts are individuals and not businesses with contact people
  • Be able to add a new company by entering it into the company field on the individual rather than having to first create a company and then link them
It's easy to use; permits starting off at an affordable level to try it and scale up.
Read T. Phillip Boggess, J.D.'s full review
May 08, 2018

Insightly Review: "Simply and Easy to Use"

We receive inquiries every day. We also close business daily. Insightly is an easy to use system that allows us to manage our inquiries and our sales. Currently, 20% of our team uses Insighly. We expect that number to jump to 80% by October.

We enter our leads, and we can easily follow them through the sales cycle. We no longer miss opportunities because we cannot find the lead sheet.

Our sales have increased by 30% since we chose this great organizational tool.
  • Manage our leads in an organized an easy way.
  • Easily updates are leads and sales
  • Allows us to share our information and track our information
  • Keeps us from losing opportunities
  • More detailed and printable reports.
I can't see an area where Insightly would not work. I would love it to integrate with multiple companies on one platform. I own more than one business.
I have begun to achieve these outcome. The organized way of managing my leads is contributing to the increase in sales.
It has been most beneficial in managing my wholesale contacts and leads.
Read Jo-Ann Barett's full review
May 07, 2018

User Review: "Insightly - Power to the Rest of Us"

Currently it is being used for contact management.
  • Input is easy especially for a non-tech user
  • Sorting and Searching is very user-friendly
  • Attachment of files is easy
  • Exporting to Google phone directory
  • Customer responses in a very timely manner
  • Searching on an iPhone is awkward
  • Understanding the help FAQ is a pain in the neck
  • Overall Help requests drives me to open a ticket
Finding a user-friendly package other than Insightly is very time consuming - so I use Insightly and those who I work with and prefer not to think prefer the ease of data entry.
  • Improved efficiency
For the first time - my contact list is accurate and up to date.
Read John 'NY John' Donadeo's full review
June 14, 2018

Insightly Review: "Cost effective alternative to Salesforce"

Insightly is being used in my organization as a Salesforce alternative. It has the right look and feel that the salespeople enjoy using when tracking their sales and is user-friendly enough to be able to create reports even when a person on the business side doesn't have a developer background.
  • The user interface is incredible.
  • Sales pipeline management makes it easy to see data at a glance.
  • Email tracking.
  • Workflow automation tools can get a little confusing but nothing major.
  • Tracking organization hierarchies could be cleaner.
I like the project management aspects of this program. I'm able to coordinate employee activities through the task and event management features. Being able to schedule calendar appointments with my contacts or make a recurring task has made my job much easier. Another gem of a feature is being able to send a link to projects.
  • Streamlined business processes
The ability to manage projects from within the CRM has helped streamline the business processes. As I mentioned before, the ability to create recurring tasks as well as schedule calendar appointments with my contacts has made my job much easier. A slightly less used feature for my company is integration with Office 365. It's there and it works well but it hasn't been adopted across the organization.
June 14, 2018

Insightly Review: "Good choice for extremely cost-sensitive businesses"

Insightly is being used by our Sales and Marketing Departments. It addresses the problems associated with keeping track of individual salesperson's contacts and activities with those contacts. It also helps salespersons to see some of the communications with their customers through our underwriting department. Finally, the app helps the salespersons to keep track of customer information when they're away from the office.
  • Insightly competes extremely well cost-wise with almost all other CRMs with similar capabilities that are out there.
  • The customer service portal contains a lot of helpful information that is fairly easy to search and navigate. When at a loss, contacting a real person for help via email is easy.
  • The contact and organization records are easy to search and download. Duplicates are fairly easy to merge.
  • We started using Insightly when it was still in its Beta phase. Back then--when it was free for us to use--we expected big changes and were prepared to quickly adapt to them. Unfortunately, since those early years, Insightly continues to make huge changes to aspects of the CRM that are extremely disruptive to our business as our reliance on its predictability and reliability have also increased. While the latest changes to the overall interface (from "classic" to "new experience") are not being forced on users at this time, the company has stopped servicing the classic interface. Furthermore, some earlier changes (e.g. to the way records were formatted etc.) were made without warning and caused significant data loss and lost work time to remedy.
  • Some aspects of the CRM are not as customizable to our particular business model. The projects and opportunities are somewhat useful but would be vastly more useful if we could have more options to customize.
  • Over the years the ability to have a personal video conference session periodically with an Insightly specialist about general questions specific to our company has been eliminated. This was a huge value-add that Insightly has taken away (even for paying customers).
Very well suited for storing basic information about contacts, organizations, events, activities etc. Also great for tracking communication among all employees with specific contacts. If the app could be improved, this excellent data/information would be even more accessible when salespersons are out of the office but the app is currently unreliable and we do not rely on it exclusively for that purpose. We find Insightly less appropriate when the sales activity is a little unconventional or doesn't follow a linear trajectory. Also, the history of a contact or organization is very important to our business and this feature could be vastly improved, particularly when two records are merged. The history of a contact should also be more prominent/visible. Executive management sometimes relies on that historical data alone to determine certain commission splits etc. The home screen in the classic interface is useful so that the Executive Team can immediately see each salesperson's activities in real time and also sort to view certain types of activity.
  • Streamlined business processes
We have definitely improved efficiency with Insightly's centralized contact management, particularly by allowing all salespersons to see (at the same time) who has been doing what with whom and when etc. While this hasn't necessarily reduced the number of meetings, it has made meetings faster and easier. The ease with which salespersons can view and share information has also increased transparency and teamwork in our office and, ultimately, likely improved sales and salespersons' attitudes. The weakest part of Insightly for us is with regard to overall business processes. As I mentioned previously, the opportunities and projects aren't quite as customizable as we need for our business model. For example, opportunities contain a pretty standard/basic sales pipeline for a generic business but it's very linear and doesn't adequately capture/reflect our typical process within our niche insurance sales space. The reports feature has also increased our efficiency and enabled us to have more productive meetings and really pinpoint certain issues. It's also great to be able to give salespersons quantitative feedback about their activities based on Insightly data.
September 11, 2018

User Review: "Insightly Progress"

Insightly is being used by our whole organization. We are a start-up Marketing company that was looking for a trustworthy CRM program.
  • Lots of filter options!
  • Automatically pulls contact Social Media profiles!
  • Sends email confirmations when uploading a .CSV doc with specifics on who was uploaded, any skipped, dupes etc.
  • So many pop-up screens on one page can get cluttered.
  • Each column has to be manually adjusted to view contents each time.
Great CRM for deals, task, email, projects, etc!
  • Streamlined business processes
Still experimenting with Insightly and all its capabilities! So far, goals are achieved.
August 14, 2018

Review: "Insightly - does what it says on the tin"

While we may use official CRM within our organisation, I have been using Insightly for individual CRM purposes for a short while. It has a light touch interface that allows management of mails very easily and you don't have to be too tech savvy to get to grips with it. As it is just me, I can use the free version which is a bonus.
  • Interfacing with Gmail
  • Large amount of third party integrations
  • Low cost
  • Expansion of features within free version
  • Reporting features are lacking
In order to keep track of deals and progress, the effort required is low. While the detail may not be easily reportable, the overall progression of the sales can be monitored. Communications with the clients are then also easier to deal with and I can verbally give co workers updates when required.
  • Improved efficiency
There is no doubt that there is a level of improved efficiency with Insightly, but as always you have to put in some time to get the best out. This is not a magic solution out-of-the-box, so you do have to spend a bit of time to configure it.
June 21, 2018

Insightly Review: "Great! So simple and easy, with a wonderful support team and community."

It is being used across the whole organisation. It is especially useful for connecting various apps and also mapping out our future sales plans.
  • It's so easy to connect to the apps our company already uses, it's very simple and nice to keep in one place.
  • The support is second to none, you can speak with them directly or visit the community and troubleshoot any issues.
  • Data migration from other apps is easy and organised.
  • Would like a few more characters in the custom text field but it's easy enough to fit in.
  • Changing the themes of the dashboards can be quite annoying in some situations and have slow loading.
  • Sending mass emails is fine, but it works only 50 at a time.
It is great for combining apps and sending emails with templates and third-party applications such as MailChimp. Everything is very organised and (except for a few blips with the theme changes) is easily customisable.
  • Improved efficiency
It definitely is helping. The apps we use being in one place has definitely streamlined our management and organisational skills. The interface is very simple to pick up for new workers and the information is all there. The generated reports for management and sale progression has definitely improved.
May 28, 2018

Insightly Review: "Useful app in for client management"

This application provides us access to the information whether it is project related in the most suitable way in comparison to the other project management software that I have used recently. It is of good use to the person who needs client management or keeps a record on his daily scrums.
  • It is helpful for meeting coordination and client management
  • The mobile app is really good, no lack of speed or performance
  • Also very helpful in making an impressive presentation on product insights.
  • Greatly appreciate if it can be used in offline mode
  • Having trouble logging in sometimes. Always have to contact customer support to fix it
  • Customer support is not any good(does not provide any assistance in case app crashes)
This application can really be put to good use in case of business management like dealing with clients, managing your projects and products, creating or assigning tasks or meetings in the most appropriate way. But it's of no use when you are not connected to the internet and you also need to use the laptop version when representing or managing on a large-scale.
  • Streamlined business processes
The use of this app has really helped me in making progress mainly in handling projects and large-scale products and also make strong interaction with clients. I am able to keep track of the leads through app notifications.I am always prepared to attend or present unexpected meetings or discuss a business proposal(on projects and products).
May 07, 2018

Insightly Review: "Helpful for small business"

Tracking customers & leads for the whole organization.
  • Well organized
  • Easy to navigate via IOS app while traveling
  • Integration into my shipping module not available
  • Export to my other CRM lacked full information
Small organization who wants to track customers & prospects.
Seamless tracking of customers and prospects across the organization.
April 27, 2018

Insightly Review: "My CRM Choice"

I am currently using Insightly for Task and Project management. I'm in the process of creating a CSV spreadsheet of all our customers over many years and will be importing this into Insightly to allow us to stay in touch with our customers and promote our business for referrals.
  • Very easy to learn and work with.
  • Maintains very detailed information that is useful in working with projects.
  • Links to Quickbooks which is very important to us.
  • Haven't really found any weak areas yet.
Insightly has an all-around functionality that eliminates the need for several different programs or tools to meet our specific needs.
  • Streamlined business processes
We are still getting used to the product and how we can best use it for our company. We can easily see where it will be beneficial.
April 26, 2018

User Review: "Try Insightly now!"

It adds a tremendous amount of support to my day. I am able to function as my own assistant, alleviated thousands of dollars in yearly cost to maintain a good, reliable, executive assistant.
  • Email templates
  • Appointments
  • Customer support- Live would be nice
  • Tutorials- A Subject-based starter guide would be nice
  • Email- It would be nice if it worked as an email platform to alleviate the need for an email app. Also, if not a platform then allows Apple users to use a different app other than Apple Mail application I.E Airmail.
In sales, follow-ups are the most important part of the day. Insightly keeps those on track for me, this alone is a life saver!
  • Increased Sales
I need to be able to click an email from Insightly without being forced to use Apple Mail!
April 10, 2018

Review: "Insightly - let it bring you into the LIGHT!"

We are a small non-profit organization and I have been implementing Insightly for use as a CRM as well as a process flow. I have on-boarded our Founder and Executive Director and I have been trying to get them to see the potential time saving and client assistance Insightly can be. The problems Insightly can address is the phases of our program from proposal to final invoice. I believe that the potential of Insightly is completely underutilized within our organization but it is due to the lack of knowledge of some of our team members.
  • Within GMAIL - the sidebar is an amazing tool and has so much potential!
  • Within GMAIL - so save into Insightly and link is very very helpful
  • Insightly's search is very good
  • Being able to tag the contact is helpful
  • The corroboration with Mailchimp is awesome
  • Within Opportunities and Projects: EMAILING clients!
  • Deleting Activity Sets
  • Allowing more bcc's and cc's within Insightly emailing
Mail Merge! How easy it is to create an email and not only add user fields but be able to edit individual emails while reviewing!
  • Streamlined business processes
In order for processes to be streamlined - all of the players must be on board and right now it is hard to get them all to see the potential - especially if it seems as if there is more work to be done by each person to get it to where we want it to be.
Read Joanne Grams's full review
April 10, 2018

Review: "Insightly is a feature rich CRM and workflow management tool for small businesses."

I use the CRM and project capabilities of Insightly to support and track sales and projects in my speaking and seminar business and my consulting business. I have also used Insightly in a previous retail business as a personal stylist and seller of custom menswear.
  • It's online and has different tiers. You can easily move between different product tiers as your business needs change.
  • I love the integration of sales pipelines with projects and tasks.
  • Integration with third-party software tools.
  • Would be great if you could integrate with your select email marketing platform, or if Insightly provided email marketing tools similar to mainstream platforms.
  • I am a Microsoft product user and would like better integration with those products.
  • Would be nice to have templates for different business types.
One obvious answer is that it can be used as a basic contact management system. Another obvious answer is that it is pretty well suited for CRM purposes: tracking leads, opportunities, and sales through a sales funnel. It's easy to setup sales pipelines. However, the pipeline capability can be used to track any type of step-by-step work-low processes. For example, we use it to track the sales processes for speaking and seminars, which is different from tracking consulting, and both of which are different from tracking retail sales. Once the pipelines were set up, all I have to do is select the appropriate product or service type and Insightly hides the way from there. For some rudimentary email blasts, Insightly allows you to send and track message responses from customer groups. Insightly can also be used as a basic project and task tracking system. Regular and ongoing task sets can be used with pipelines. For example, once a speaking engagement is booked, there are normally associated tasks that must be completed to make the event happen and Insightly allows a pipeline to be set up to track that task set.
Insightly's inline visibility enables all who need to know to have access to info in real-time. No need for unnecessary meetings to simply supply status. The time savings enables more time to be spent on sales and project activities.
Read Tommy L. Chambers's full review
March 08, 2018

Review: "Insightly meets the needs of the growing small business"

We use Insightly at Pixologie to manage our clients, contacts, and licensees. It allows us to easily access information and communication. We can all find what has been shared and recorded for any contact.
  • We have been able to customize fields to address our needs. Our industry is not well known so typical fields do not address all the areas we record.
  • We have made extensive use of tags to categorize specific groups within groups that we want to monitor.
  • We have been able to completely customize the workflow process and steps to complete projects.
  • PLEASE add a DocuSign module! It is the only real reason we have considered other CRM companies!
  • Some of the workflow from completing a task but then checking off a task as done is a bit awkward and cumbersome.
  • Would love to be able to add more than 15 business cards per month. Do not want to upgrade for that alone.
Insightly offers an incredible amount of functionality at the free level. For smaller businesses with less than 2500 contacts, it is perfect. As you grow, moving to a paid account is easy to do. We have been very happy with all that we can do with Insightly.
  • Centralized contact management
Insightly has been perfect for this process. We have used this consistently and really like it. We are able to add the Insightly 'email' to our communications and track contacts across the users. No matter who is here, we can see what and who has communicated, worked on tasks, etc. Being able to print reports based on customized fields is perfect.
Read Ann Matuszak's full review

Customer data management / contact management (270)
Workflow management (241)
Territory management (11)
6.1
Opportunity management (251)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (254)
Contract management (21)
6.5
Quote & order management (12)
Interaction tracking (225)
Channel / partner relationship management (24)
Case management (11)
Call center management (8)
Help desk management (9)
Lead management (207)
Email marketing (162)
Task management (259)
Billing and invoicing management (39)
4.5
Custom fields (241)
Custom objects (19)
6.6
Scripting environment (6)
API for custom integration (101)
Single sign-on capability (183)
Role-based user permissions (106)
Social data (25)
Social engagement (78)
Marketing automation (76)
Compensation management (4)
5.2
Mobile access (234)

About Insightly

Insightly is an online CRM solution targeted at small and mid-sized businesses. Over 1.5 million worldwide small and mid-size business Insightly users build relationships, accelerate sales and deliver projects. It is the #1 Gmail, G Suite & Outlook CRM.

According to the vendor, businesses use Insightly for:

• Relationship linking
  • Contact management
  • Lead management
  • Opportunity management
  • Workflow automation
  • Project management
  • Advanced reporting
  • Mobile CRM app with business card scanning and audio notes
Additional Platform Features
  • Localization/internationalization- Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian
  • Over 40 app integrations including Gmail, Google Apps, Mailchimp, Box, QuickBooks Online, etc.

Insightly Features

Sales Force Automation Features
Has featureCustomer data management / contact management
Has featureWorkflow management
Does not have featureTerritory management
Has featureOpportunity management
Has featureIntegration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Does not have featureContract management
Does not have featureQuote & order management
Has featureInteraction tracking
Does not have featureChannel / partner relationship management
Customer Service & Support Features
Does not have featureCase management
Does not have featureCall center management
Does not have featureHelp desk management
Marketing Automation Features
Has featureLead management
Has featureEmail marketing
CRM Project Management Features
Has featureTask management
Does not have featureBilling and invoicing management
Has featureReporting
CRM Reporting & Analytics Features
Does not have featureForecasting
Has featurePipeline visualization
Has featureCustomizable reports
Customization Features
Has featureCustom fields
Does not have featureCustom objects
Does not have featureScripting environment
Has featureAPI for custom integration
Security Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions
Has featureSingle sign-on capability
Social CRM Features
Does not have featureSocial data
Does not have featureSocial engagement
Integrations with 3rd-party Software Features
Has featureMarketing automation
Does not have featureCompensation management
Platform Features
Has featureMobile access
Has featureAICPA SOC II Type 1 and Type 2 audited and accredited, and US/EU Privacy Shield and US/Swiss Privacy Shield certified.
Has featureData import & export
Has featureTwo-factor Authentication (2FA)
Has featureSAML-based Single Sign-On (SSO)
Has featureOAuth Single Sign-On (SSO)

Insightly Screenshots

Insightly Videos (6)

Insightly Integrations

QuickBooks Online, Dropbox, MailChimp, Xero, Slack, HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot, Box, Zapier, PandaDoc, Google Drive, Evernote, Gmail, G Suite/Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365 & Outlook

Insightly Competitors