Reviews (1-25 of 306)
- Out of the box integrations to major communication/office tools.
- Inbuilt reporting tools are very useful for viewing data at a glance.
- Low cost is very useful for start-ups and medium businesses.
- Its target audience seems to be smaller businesses, despite the tools available being applicable for larger industries too.
- Different account levels do not filter down as much as other tools, allowing for some users to access more/less than intended.
- Some free tools offer the same functionality, despite them losing some professional aesthetic.
- Seamless management of Marketing and Sales process
- Integration with MailChimp
- Dashboards allow you to take knowledge based actions
- Cross-functional team communication is smooth
- It needs a visual overhaul as user experience can sometimes be affected due to outdated design
- Limitations around restricting access to certain parts of the application to unrelated users
- The calendar is buggy at most of the times as it does not pick information based on meetings and calls scheduled outside of Insightly
- Backs up all the important documents and data.
- Importing of contacts is a very helpful tool which I cannot forget to mention.
- A project can be expressed in a simple, detailed and informative manner.
- The sidebar navigation is also very helpful and comes in handy most of the times.
- It is $99 per month and we found it to be a little expensive.
- The e-mail feature is a little bit confusing.
- It has bad customer service.
- Insightly does a great job of storing customer data, including contact information.
- Insightly has a lot of flexibility and customization options.
- Insightly has great pipeline options that allow you to track your customer journey in the CRM app.
- Insightly's mobile app could be designed better for mobile interfaces.
- It takes a while to get Insightly setup in the beginning.
- Training users on Insightly can be cumbersome, the user interface isn't always easy to figure out.
- Great integrations.
- Price was perfect for small teams.
- Very intuitive to use.
- The calendar in Insightly was not up to par with other providers.
- Would love to have seen a more visually appealing UI.
- Tasks feature is lacking.
- Backs up important information.
- Avoid flaws in tasks, which saves us a lot of time.
- It is an excellent CRM, light and practical to use with a great interface.
- Import of contacts, this tool is very important for our organization.
- We always have the opportunity to link Insightly with other applications.
- Maybe my only and exclusive complaint about this software would be that once I exported some information I can not import it back again.
What most impacted our client was the way we presented the project's metrics, so they could validate with the data in hand the expected progress.
- It allows us to synchronize with common applications that we have been using frequently such as Gmail, Office 365, etc.
- The way we present the progress of the project, in a very fresh and understandable way.
- It allows us to manage delivery times, efficiently, so that we accelerate in cases where we see delays.
- Offers a variety of ideas, to send reports that serve us internally to increase our productivity and motivate employees to achieve achievements.
- There is an Insightly module which allows streamlining business processes. In the beginning, this module is usually a bit confusing, due to the way data are introduced and how they relate to data that we already have from our clients.
- Initially, there is a relatively high start-up cost.
Unsuitable scenarios would be when you do not acquire a professional license, you lose many functionalities, this would be a small disadvantage, so you have to always pay for the higher cost option.
- User-friendly database set up via import of contacts from multiple sources
- On-going support and training: live webinars, recordings or on-line Q&A are invaluable
- Reporting flexibility and ease of adding custom fields
- Accessablity from multiple platforms: I use it daily on my desktop, laptop & Android
- Recurring task management could use more flexibility on the triggers
- Emails are kept in one repository & don't link directly to the project/person referenced
- QuickBooks not accurate if multiple projects/subcontracts for one client
- Customer support is non-existent: no phone help, online chat or ticketing helpdesk system. Just post a question & wait to see if someone answers it!
- it is a very useful tool to manage everything related to our corporate agenda
- It allows you to open up an account for free with limited storage of course but still is very affordable if you upgrade to the Plus Plan.
- The sidebar navigation makes a lot of sense, and that is about it.
- The email function can get a little confusing.
- It's not super intuitive and I have had a hard time making use of all the functionality I need from my phone.
- I honestly do not like the color that Insightly has set as their theme color.
Managing projects, opportunities, and lead. It enables me with all of this added functionality.
- I think that it's simple monitoring every one of the 'activities' and errands e.g. messages, calls, recommendations, connecting those to errands and making openings.
- It is valuable to have this connected to singular contacts with the prospect/customer. It's extremely instinctive and simple to utilize, notwithstanding when you don't have much time to spend on business improvement. Not certain what else as I'm not utilizing it regularly.
- It is much cheaper than Salesforce and better than it.
- The web browser app interface is great, looks pleasant and is really responsive (quick).
- The navigation is tricky and cumbersome. It takes too many clicks to get to my projects. They could have made it more simpler and quicker by giving quick tabs or an option of favorites or something.
- It is $99 / user, per month (billed annually) for the enterprise so if you are a startup, you probably can't afford it.
- It is software that allows better control and monitoring for project management.
- It allows the centralization of internal and external contacts of the company, improving the communication channels with suppliers and customers for the quick access to information.
- Through this software, a correct functional management of the company, tasks and processes is maintained.
- The most versatile part of Insightly is that it starts with basic and simple features that can be expanded as you grow your needs within the company.
- I would like this software to have a more dynamic interface when loading tasks and / or files.
- That a sales management and support process is more practical to operate.
- Total contact management software that include picture of person.
- Great training videos to guide all level of users.
- Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown.
- CRM and project management together in the same application.
- Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly.
- Responsive customer service that doesn't seem well informed to deal with anything beyond the most basic of questions.
- It has an excellent sales process and an incredible marketing facility with customers.
- The price is affordable enough for small companies to get the program.
- It accommodates in the best way the growth curve of my small business.
- There are many videos for new customers who are entering the software to have the ability and speed to catch up and not be left behind.
- Sometimes it is not visually beautiful, it still needs to improve its appearance.
- The free version does not provide all the tools or features that a paid version offers, so it is almost mandatory to buy the membership.
- Exceptional reporting and alert capability
- An abundant number of templates for use across multiple applications
- Email capacity is quite large
- Not best suited for very large-scale businesses
- Reporting capability is great but there could be additional options for customization
- Sometimes there are results in duplicate entries/records which can lead to unproductive time
- E-mail classification based on BCC from GMail
- Ease of use - the system is the easiest one we have ever used and we have tried several
- The link between records - organizations and contacts can be linked and you can define the link relationship (think referral partners)
- More customizations although those have improved a LOT with the new UI.
- More integration points to other systems
- Better e-mail marketing capabilities included in the standard package
- Integration with my business ecosystem which is Google
- Management of sales and project pipelines
- New interface is brilliant making using the system so much easier
- Could do with automated email linking
- Raising the record limit on the Basic version
- Reinstating the Basic version - The new entry-level price is too much for CRM newbies
- LEAD MANAGEMENT: Insightly enables my team to effectively gather information about our customers (current and prospective), organize our sales leads, import leads from other CRM tools and engage these leads easily. It does not matter where we generate these leads from, we are still able to store them into the Insightly CRM, while Insightly automatically assigns every saved lead to a sales representative, based on pre-saved factors. Thus we spend more time closing deals and growing our business with lead management.
- WORKFLOW: Insightly has reduced the amount of administrative work we need to get done in my organization, by leveraging on its workflow automation. With Insightly's workflow automation, we have been able to bypass our inbox most of the time, auto-assign tasks, and trigger actions in our in-house support software products.
- A single action on our Customer Relationship Management tool (Insightly) triggers a cascade of reactions. Thus we are able to properly update our data, delegate our tasks, and send out emails automatically, leaving our sales reps. with reduced work to do. We are able to even assign a sales rep. to attend to every sales lead, and send an automated introduction email to new sales leads all automatedly.
- EMAIL TRACKING: We use Insightly to track our emails, and this has enabled a faster and smarter email sales activity across my team. With Insightly we are able to save emails right from our inbox and Insightly helps in recording the accompanying context.
- We are also able to search for anything on past correspondence with our customers, no matter how long the correspondence has been. While also being able to schedule automated emails to our sales via Insightly. Thus Insightly has made it possible to stay in touch with our sales leads at the right time and whenever necessary.
- SPELL CHECK: Currently the Insightly CRM does not spell check sales emails we compose on the solution. Will be very helpful for sales activity, if Insightly can introduce a SPELL CHECK feature.
- RECOVERY: We have found ourselves in situations where someone deletes some contacts in error and leaves the entire sales team in a fix. I think it is very important that Insightly introduces a sort of a "recycle bin" via which we are able to recover deleted contacts or delete them permanently.
- Signature workflow: A great addition for Insightly would be if we can have a document signing option on the CRM. Maybe an integration with HelloSign?
Insightly can help organize the sales process of every organization. By bringing together all sales efforts and combine them into one straight forward and predictable process. Thus organizations using Insightly are able to monitor pass updates, current updates and follow future updates of any sales deal.
- I can tag any email correspondence when I'm using my local email to easily copy the correspondence to Insightly. This way I can look it up again within Insightly by the contact's name, company or email.
- Insightly provides many of the tools I need on one platform: CRM, and opportunity, task and project manager.
- It's easy to turn an opportunity into a project, so you don't have to copy over any past information or correspondence.
- The interface has become too complex, making it somewhat less intuitive to do even the simplest things, i.e., check off a completed task, only see open projects, read saved correspondence. This may be due to the fact that Insightly is trying to make it too customizable.
- Insightly seems to be moving more in the direction of a sales pipeline tool, rather than a simpler contact manager. This doesn't really fit the way I work, because my sales are not always linear in nature -- possibly because I'm selling services, not entirely fixed packages or physical goods.
- The project and task managers are too complex, and I can't organize easily by client. In other words, I'd like to be able to pull up a client and see all the tasks I need to complete for them. A dashboard would be very helpful for this.
- The current home dashboard isn't useful in that it only shows what's happened. This may be more useful for someone managing other people with Insightly. I'd like to see what needs to be done, not what's *been* done.
- Insightly keeps the tools we already use connected and with the links to the file service we never lose a document.
- The automation makes things easy. We set up project assignments within the pipelines which keep us on schedule and able to better manage milestones.
- We've closed a lot more deals and done it much faster because of Insightly's sales pipeline management and workflow automation tools.
- We have been able to manage all of our leads and new sales opportunities inside of a neat and easy to use pipeline view.
- Pricing could be better. The tiering structure doesn't fit our sales model but I would imagine it works for most companies.
- The sidebar for Gmail doesn't seem to work all that well. Access to Gmail is a great feature but the interaction is a little difficult to manage.
- After completing a task the archiving does not make the task complete. It would be great if the task would complete upon archiving.
- Most importantly, it is cloud-based software.
- Integrates perfectly with GSuite and Google products.
- Mobility. Perfect for digital nomads.
- It needs to be more robust. Search needs to be improved.
- Lacks marketing automation.
- Better support
- The user interface is incredible.
- Sales pipeline management makes it easy to see data at a glance.
- Email tracking.
- Workflow automation tools can get a little confusing but nothing major.
- Tracking organization hierarchies could be cleaner.
- Insightly competes extremely well cost-wise with almost all other CRMs with similar capabilities that are out there.
- The customer service portal contains a lot of helpful information that is fairly easy to search and navigate. When at a loss, contacting a real person for help via email is easy.
- The contact and organization records are easy to search and download. Duplicates are fairly easy to merge.
- We started using Insightly when it was still in its Beta phase. Back then--when it was free for us to use--we expected big changes and were prepared to quickly adapt to them. Unfortunately, since those early years, Insightly continues to make huge changes to aspects of the CRM that are extremely disruptive to our business as our reliance on its predictability and reliability have also increased. While the latest changes to the overall interface (from "classic" to "new experience") are not being forced on users at this time, the company has stopped servicing the classic interface. Furthermore, some earlier changes (e.g. to the way records were formatted etc.) were made without warning and caused significant data loss and lost work time to remedy.
- Some aspects of the CRM are not as customizable to our particular business model. The projects and opportunities are somewhat useful but would be vastly more useful if we could have more options to customize.
- Over the years the ability to have a personal video conference session periodically with an Insightly specialist about general questions specific to our company has been eliminated. This was a huge value-add that Insightly has taken away (even for paying customers).
- Lots of filter options!
- Automatically pulls contact Social Media profiles!
- Sends email confirmations when uploading a .CSV doc with specifics on who was uploaded, any skipped, dupes etc.
- So many pop-up screens on one page can get cluttered.
- Each column has to be manually adjusted to view contents each time.
Insightly Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Insightly is an online CRM solution targeted at small and mid-sized businesses. Over 1.5 million worldwide small and mid-size business Insightly users build relationships, generate quotes, accelerate sales and deliver projects. It is the #1 Gmail, G Suite & Outlook CRM.
According to the vendor, businesses use Insightly for:
- Relationship linking
- Contact management
- Email tracking
- Lead management
- Opportunity management
- Quote generation
- Workflow automation
- Project management
- Advanced reporting
- Mobile CRM app with business card scanning and audio notes
- Localization/internationalization- Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian
- Over 40 app integrations including Gmail, Google Apps, Mailchimp, Box, QuickBooks Online, etc.
Insightly Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|1-on-1 Onboarding Sessions|
Insightly Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian|