https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/ai/rH/X5S66BCC0U5H.JPEGChange the pace of your company with Insightly, the best CRM.We have used this software for almost two years now. We have really seen a noticeable change with the whole organization, the sales, and the attraction of clients who every day feel more satisfied with our promotions and services. We have been able to tackle the problems that we had with the Information management.,Backs up important information. Avoid flaws in tasks, which saves us a lot of time. It is an excellent CRM, light and practical to use with a great interface. Import of contacts, this tool is very important for our organization. We always have the opportunity to link Insightly with other applications.,Maybe my only and exclusive complaint about this software would be that once I exported some information I can not import it back again.,10,,,BambooHR, MailChimp, Oracle MySQL Cloud ServiceTake control of your project with InsightlyWe had an excellent case of application with the license of Insightly enterprise managing a project that our company led in the Caribbean, specifically in Haiti, using Insightly allowed us to take better control of the progress of the project, allowing us to focus on the points of improvement, especially in the delivery times of results towards our client. In this project the Client, the supplier, and we as subcontractors and managers of the deployment interacted, so we needed to present convincing results in record time, with the use of this application we were able to achieve it. What most impacted our client was the way we presented the project's metrics, so they could validate with the data in hand the expected progress.,It allows us to synchronize with common applications that we have been using frequently such as Gmail, Office 365, etc. The way we present the progress of the project, in a very fresh and understandable way. It allows us to manage delivery times, efficiently, so that we accelerate in cases where we see delays. Offers a variety of ideas, to send reports that serve us internally to increase our productivity and motivate employees to achieve achievements.,There is an Insightly module which allows streamlining business processes. In the beginning, this module is usually a bit confusing, due to the way data are introduced and how they relate to data that we already have from our clients. Initially, there is a relatively high start-up cost.,9,Improved efficiency,NetSuite CRM+,AutoCAD, Adobe Connect, SketchUpInsightly - Exceeds ExpectationsWe use Insightly across the organization for customer relationship management at each stage in the sales funnel: from potential leads to proposal to executed contract. Streamlines access to all contacts and links to organizations for a visual of each person's role in the organization. User-friendly workflow for task and project management, as well as assigning tasks to remote users for transparency when needed or privacy options for specific tasks or projects.,User-friendly database set up via import of contacts from multiple sources On-going support and training: live webinars, recordings or on-line Q&A are invaluable Reporting flexibility and ease of adding custom fields Accessablity from multiple platforms: I use it daily on my desktop, laptop & Android,Recurring task management could use more flexibility on the triggers Emails are kept in one repository & don't link directly to the project/person referenced QuickBooks not accurate if multiple projects/subcontracts for one client Customer support is non-existent: no phone help, online chat or ticketing helpdesk system. Just post a question & wait to see if someone answers it!,6,,Zoho CRM,QuickBooks Online, Evernote, QuickBooks Pro, Dropbox, Mural.ly, Zoom,2,1,Tracking the Sales Funnel LifeCycle Tracking all contacts: potential clients to clients, referral partners, competition, subcontractors, vendors, etc Tra Tracking a Project: from Planning through Execution and invoicing on to Closeout.,More mass mailing options via MailChimp Creating more reports to analyze Clients and Potential Clients,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability,Online training,9,8,No,1,9,8,10,9,Quickbooks Mailchimpinsightly is the best option for our sales processesIt is very feasible to have Insightly since we optimize our sales processes in a timely manner. It is very easy to manage, with good functions that guarantee a good service. It is very profitable to have this software because it has many very useful tools that make it easier for us to make our sales in an optimal way,it is a very useful tool to manage everything related to our corporate agenda It allows you to open up an account for free with limited storage of course but still is very affordable if you upgrade to the Plus Plan. The sidebar navigation makes a lot of sense, and that is about it.,The email function can get a little confusing. It's not super intuitive and I have had a hard time making use of all the functionality I need from my phone. I honestly do not like the color that Insightly has set as their theme color.,9,I would like to have some sort of spell check function in insightly. Many of our contacts provide little information, so being able to describe them & categorise them via tags allows us to pull up relevant contacts with a few clicks. Also the search function and filters are very fast and very helpful.,Atlassian Confluence, JIRA Software, Splunk EnterpriseGood and Cheap CRMIn our organization, this software program is resolving to optimize the agenda of our clients and allies that our agency manages. As a user, my main aim is to keep each client satisfied, what Insightly with its CRM framework enables me to do effectively and a little organization that advances great development is the thing that everybody is searching for. It enables me to take notes effortlessly and therefore not miss anything. Also, there are some other features for which it is used in our business: Managing projects, opportunities, and lead. It enables me with all of this added functionality.,I think that it's simple monitoring every one of the 'activities' and errands e.g. messages, calls, recommendations, connecting those to errands and making openings. It is valuable to have this connected to singular contacts with the prospect/customer. It's extremely instinctive and simple to utilize, notwithstanding when you don't have much time to spend on business improvement. Not certain what else as I'm not utilizing it regularly. It is much cheaper than Salesforce and better than it. The web browser app interface is great, looks pleasant and is really responsive (quick).,The navigation is tricky and cumbersome. It takes too many clicks to get to my projects. They could have made it more simpler and quicker by giving quick tabs or an option of favorites or something. It is $99 / user, per month (billed annually) for the enterprise so if you are a startup, you probably can't afford it.,8,Improved efficiency,Agile CRM and OwnBackup for Salesforce,PyCharm, Sublime Text, Workday Financial Management, Apple Remote Desktop, Zoom
Insightly

Insightly Reviews

Insightly
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018
Filter 572 vetted Insightly reviews and ratings

Jeniriana Rodriguez profile photo
December 21, 2018

Review: "Change the pace of your company with Insightly, the best CRM."

• Backs up important information.
  • Avoid flaws in tasks, which saves us a lot of time.
  • It is an excellent CRM, light and practical to use with a great interface.
  • Import of contacts, this tool is very important for our organization.
  • We always have the opportunity to link Insightly with other applications.
  • Maybe my only and exclusive complaint about this software would be that once I exported some information I can not import it back again.
We use Insightly to save important data in a more secure and uncomplicated way. The database is easy to visualize and we can create categories so that saved items can be found later.

We track opportunities, clients, and projects. We love working with this software and I am sure that we will continue doing it.
Read Jeniriana Rodriguez's full review
Duglas Zapata Villaveces profile photo
December 21, 2018

Review: "Take control of your project with Insightly"

• It allows us to synchronize with common applications that we have been using frequently such as Gmail, Office 365, etc.
  • The way we present the progress of the project, in a very fresh and understandable way.
  • It allows us to manage delivery times, efficiently, so that we accelerate in cases where we see delays.
  • Offers a variety of ideas, to send reports that serve us internally to increase our productivity and motivate employees to achieve achievements.
  • There is an Insightly module which allows streamlining business processes. In the beginning, this module is usually a bit confusing, due to the way data are introduced and how they relate to data that we already have from our clients.
  • Initially, there is a relatively high start-up cost.
One of the most appropriate scenarios is when we want to take the metrics of a project and present them constantly to a client to evaluate the performance of our work. Internally it also helps us to improve critical points.

Unsuitable scenarios would be when you do not acquire a professional license, you lose many functionalities, this would be a small disadvantage, so you have to always pay for the higher cost option.
Read Duglas Zapata Villaveces's full review
Jane Beisell, PMP, CIA, Professional Organizer, Productivity Coach profile photo
December 03, 2018

User Review: "Insightly - Exceeds Expectations"

• User-friendly database set up via import of contacts from multiple sources
  • On-going support and training: live webinars, recordings or on-line Q&A are invaluable
  • Reporting flexibility and ease of adding custom fields
  • Accessablity from multiple platforms: I use it daily on my desktop, laptop & Android
  • Recurring task management could use more flexibility on the triggers
  • Emails are kept in one repository & don't link directly to the project/person referenced
  • QuickBooks not accurate if multiple projects/subcontracts for one client
  • Customer support is non-existent: no phone help, online chat or ticketing helpdesk system. Just post a question & wait to see if someone answers it!
Well suited for service-oriented businesses using the software for CRM, as a sales tool and for project management. Not suited for in-depth program management in certain industries where there is specific software addressing document and cost control issues, e.g. construction management.
Read Jane Beisell, PMP, CIA, Professional Organizer, Productivity Coach's full review
MAHENDRA ZADAFIYA profile photo
January 29, 2019

Review: "insightly is the best option for our sales processes"

• it is a very useful tool to manage everything related to our corporate agenda
  • It allows you to open up an account for free with limited storage of course but still is very affordable if you upgrade to the Plus Plan.
  • The sidebar navigation makes a lot of sense, and that is about it.
  • The email function can get a little confusing.
  • It's not super intuitive and I have had a hard time making use of all the functionality I need from my phone.
  • I honestly do not like the color that Insightly has set as their theme color.
Testing our integration with Insightly and practicing using it for normal sales team usage. I think that the list view in the new Insightly version is amazing. You can view a giant list and simultaneously have a specific contact open. Insightly helped us decide what we did and did not need for our company specifically, by being small business friendly. The basic features and basic theme make it easy to train staff for basic users' needs.
Read MAHENDRA ZADAFIYA's full review
Nabiha Raza profile photo
January 28, 2019

Insightly Review: "Good and Cheap CRM"

• I think that it's simple monitoring every one of the 'activities' and errands e.g. messages, calls, recommendations, connecting those to errands and making openings.
  • It is valuable to have this connected to singular contacts with the prospect/customer. It's extremely instinctive and simple to utilize, notwithstanding when you don't have much time to spend on business improvement. Not certain what else as I'm not utilizing it regularly.
  • It is much cheaper than Salesforce and better than it.
  • The web browser app interface is great, looks pleasant and is really responsive (quick).
  • The navigation is tricky and cumbersome. It takes too many clicks to get to my projects. They could have made it more simpler and quicker by giving quick tabs or an option of favorites or something.
  • It is $99 / user, per month (billed annually) for the enterprise so if you are a startup, you probably can't afford it.
Extraordinary for sales group and sales teams. Easy to utilize and is exceptionally savvy particularly for bigger groups simply beginning or workplaces intending to scale rapidly. We can hold customer information in one spot for everybody to utilize, it spares us time and enhances correspondence inside our group. We're ready to explicitly target customers for existing and new deals. This program is helping us profit and monitor all the work we do.
Read Nabiha Raza's full review
Alexander Palma Ibarra profile photo
November 27, 2018

Review: "Optimize Project Management with Insightly"

This CRM software is currently used in the Engineering department, with Insightly we can categorize, if you have several types of products or services, you can configure categories by opportunities. It can also be used to write down the type of priority that you consider about an opportunity found, it can be added for the management of projects, files and tasks, it is really a very functional tool within the company.
  • It is software that allows better control and monitoring for project management.
  • It allows the centralization of internal and external contacts of the company, improving the communication channels with suppliers and customers for the quick access to information.
  • Through this software, a correct functional management of the company, tasks and processes is maintained.
  • The most versatile part of Insightly is that it starts with basic and simple features that can be expanded as you grow your needs within the company.
  • I would like this software to have a more dynamic interface when loading tasks and / or files.
  • That a sales management and support process is more practical to operate.
In my personal opinion Insightly is perfectly suited for the following functions:

Contact management
Project management
Business management
Social CRM
Mobile CRM
Read Alexander Palma Ibarra's full review
Edward Carrero profile photo
November 27, 2018

Review: "Insightly a great offering, Easy to use - Easy to import lists"

It makes it so much easier to assign tasks to my employees. I always prefer to have tasks written down to verbal tasks, so this program helps so much in that aspect. I also really like the clean, efficient look to this program. It makes it very easy to use and is not as cluttered as other similar programs. I loved the training videos that helped my employees learn the ins and outs of the program. The fact that there is tech support readily available is also a plus. I hate having only email or only phone support available, but Insightly has both!
  • Total contact management software that include picture of person.
  • Great training videos to guide all level of users.
  • Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown.
  • CRM and project management together in the same application.
  • Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly.
  • Responsive customer service that doesn't seem well informed to deal with anything beyond the most basic of questions.
It's relatively easy to use and good if you are a startup / small uncomplicated business. The Google mail integration and auto contact creation is a real time saver. Very simple, non-intimidating interface. Tries to be homey and welcoming to very small businesses. Earnest effort to serve up helpful hints. Looks like it doesn't require a lot of time to use.
Read Edward Carrero's full review
February 21, 2019

User Review: "Pros and Cons of Insightly"

It is being used by a limited number of individuals within my immediate department.
  • Exceptional reporting and alert capability
  • An abundant number of templates for use across multiple applications
  • Email capacity is quite large
  • Not best suited for very large-scale businesses
  • Reporting capability is great but there could be additional options for customization
  • Sometimes there are results in duplicate entries/records which can lead to unproductive time
It is well suited for reporting but limited at times in terms of templates.
Denny Basham, MBA, Denver Reputation Marketing Expert. profile photo
June 05, 2018

Review: "Insightly - An Easy-To-Use Small Business Powerhouse"

We use Insightly as our primary CRM. One of our favorite features is the ability to blind copy e-mails into the system so that each account in CRM is tagged with that e-mail address. We also like how Insightly recognizes the domains for e-mails we forward in so that it automatically assigns it to an organization. Definitely excited about some of the new customizations possible (new field types) in Insightly to start tracking client anniversaries and follow-ups. We also like how contacts are automatically added to both Insightly and Google when we forward a new e-mail in. Definitely a system we should be using more. We have recommended this system to several colleagues.
  • E-mail classification based on BCC from GMail
  • Ease of use - the system is the easiest one we have ever used and we have tried several
  • The link between records - organizations and contacts can be linked and you can define the link relationship (think referral partners)
  • More customizations although those have improved a LOT with the new UI.
  • More integration points to other systems
  • Better e-mail marketing capabilities included in the standard package
Insightly is perfect for small business owners who are not that tech savvy. It is also well known for its ease-of-use so if you aren't sure how to use a full-blown CRM this is a great place to be. Overall my business partner doesn't want to go back to a complicated system like Zoho CRM that was difficult to understand.
Read Denny Basham, MBA, Denver Reputation Marketing Expert.'s full review
Vince McConville profile photo
September 05, 2018

"Small business review of Insightly CRM"

I previously used Insightly within my business to manage both my sales opportunities and ongoing client projects. It meant I had visibility across all of the pre and post sales activities relating to customers. It was invaluable in helping me to manage my time and record things I had done and needed to do. Don't actively use it now but still have a basic subscription as I still implement it with some clients. Basic subscription is no longer available to new which is a bit of a shame as it was a good entry level price for new CRM users - The new higher base price puts off a lot of CRM newbies as they can't justify the cost compared to other products on the market.
  • Integration with my business ecosystem which is Google
  • Management of sales and project pipelines
  • New interface is brilliant making using the system so much easier
  • Could do with automated email linking
  • Raising the record limit on the Basic version
  • Reinstating the Basic version - The new entry-level price is too much for CRM newbies
Well suited to a small business that needs to manage both sales and projects at a high level. Not so great for in depth project management.
Read Vince McConville's full review
Andres Rojas Coello profile photo
November 19, 2018

Insightly Review: "Of the best CRM software in the market, excellent."

This program is really amazing, both in theory and practice is one of the best CRM in the market. The customer support is the best there is, and the contact management software is very broad and gives us the tools we need to keep track of our possible clients. Every time Insightly improves its tools and becomes increasingly easy to use.
  • It has an excellent sales process and an incredible marketing facility with customers.
  • The price is affordable enough for small companies to get the program.
  • It accommodates in the best way the growth curve of my small business.
  • There are many videos for new customers who are entering the software to have the ability and speed to catch up and not be left behind.
  • Sometimes it is not visually beautiful, it still needs to improve its appearance.
  • The free version does not provide all the tools or features that a paid version offers, so it is almost mandatory to buy the membership.
This CRM is suitable for all sales processes of our company, we have been characterized by obtaining a growth curve broad enough to obtain our monthly objectives, it also has a great marketing facility which makes our potential customers feel more confident. With our work, the use of this program in all areas is quite appropriate.
Read Andres Rojas Coello's full review
Anthonia Aveh profile photo
July 11, 2018

Insightly Review: "Smoother Sales Process"

We use Insightly as a mini customer relationship management tool for saving customer data, tracking our sales leads, and following up on tasks which need to be completed. Having customer data in one place makes it easy for everyone to access customer data whenever it is needed for sales activity. Overall Insightly has saved us time and made our sales activity more efficient.
  • LEAD MANAGEMENT: Insightly enables my team to effectively gather information about our customers (current and prospective), organize our sales leads, import leads from other CRM tools and engage these leads easily. It does not matter where we generate these leads from, we are still able to store them into the Insightly CRM, while Insightly automatically assigns every saved lead to a sales representative, based on pre-saved factors. Thus we spend more time closing deals and growing our business with lead management.
  • WORKFLOW: Insightly has reduced the amount of administrative work we need to get done in my organization, by leveraging on its workflow automation. With Insightly's workflow automation, we have been able to bypass our inbox most of the time, auto-assign tasks, and trigger actions in our in-house support software products.
  • A single action on our Customer Relationship Management tool (Insightly) triggers a cascade of reactions. Thus we are able to properly update our data, delegate our tasks, and send out emails automatically, leaving our sales reps. with reduced work to do. We are able to even assign a sales rep. to attend to every sales lead, and send an automated introduction email to new sales leads all automatedly.
  • EMAIL TRACKING: We use Insightly to track our emails, and this has enabled a faster and smarter email sales activity across my team. With Insightly we are able to save emails right from our inbox and Insightly helps in recording the accompanying context.
  • We are also able to search for anything on past correspondence with our customers, no matter how long the correspondence has been. While also being able to schedule automated emails to our sales via Insightly. Thus Insightly has made it possible to stay in touch with our sales leads at the right time and whenever necessary.
  • SPELL CHECK: Currently the Insightly CRM does not spell check sales emails we compose on the solution. Will be very helpful for sales activity, if Insightly can introduce a SPELL CHECK feature.
  • RECOVERY: We have found ourselves in situations where someone deletes some contacts in error and leaves the entire sales team in a fix. I think it is very important that Insightly introduces a sort of a "recycle bin" via which we are able to recover deleted contacts or delete them permanently.
  • Signature workflow: A great addition for Insightly would be if we can have a document signing option on the CRM. Maybe an integration with HelloSign?
Insightly is perfectly suited for customer data management; as this enables an organization to have important sales information on its customers in one central location, where it is accessible to every sales person to maximize the organization's sales efforts.

Insightly can help organize the sales process of every organization. By bringing together all sales efforts and combine them into one straight forward and predictable process. Thus organizations using Insightly are able to monitor pass updates, current updates and follow future updates of any sales deal.
Read Anthonia Aveh's full review
Robbin Block profile photo
June 29, 2018

Insightly Review: "Stronger on Sales Automation than Client Management"

I use it to manage contact lists and correspondence for my solo consulting firm. It's helped me keep track of leads. I've used it to manage projects and opportunities. I've also used some of the email marketing tools, including setting up some standard emails.
  • I can tag any email correspondence when I'm using my local email to easily copy the correspondence to Insightly. This way I can look it up again within Insightly by the contact's name, company or email.
  • Insightly provides many of the tools I need on one platform: CRM, and opportunity, task and project manager.
  • It's easy to turn an opportunity into a project, so you don't have to copy over any past information or correspondence.
  • The interface has become too complex, making it somewhat less intuitive to do even the simplest things, i.e., check off a completed task, only see open projects, read saved correspondence. This may be due to the fact that Insightly is trying to make it too customizable.
  • Insightly seems to be moving more in the direction of a sales pipeline tool, rather than a simpler contact manager. This doesn't really fit the way I work, because my sales are not always linear in nature -- possibly because I'm selling services, not entirely fixed packages or physical goods.
  • The project and task managers are too complex, and I can't organize easily by client. In other words, I'd like to be able to pull up a client and see all the tasks I need to complete for them. A dashboard would be very helpful for this.
  • The current home dashboard isn't useful in that it only shows what's happened. This may be more useful for someone managing other people with Insightly. I'd like to see what needs to be done, not what's *been* done.
I would recommend Insightly to even small organizations managing a sales team. However, I wouldn't recommend it for solos, since it's a bit overkill and doesn't make task or project management easy. There are better, simpler tools out there for that.

It wouldn't be great for virtual teams either, since each would need to have their own copy and come up the learning curve on it -- it's not that intuitive anymore.

It would also be better for organizations doing sales according to a particular, consistent pipeline.
Read Robbin Block's full review
Leonardo Hernandez profile photo
June 15, 2018

User Review: "Insightly, for those who wants more"

Insightly is used as the CRM solution for some small business that needs to track their sales opportunities integrated with SAP Business One as backend ERP solution. I recommend Insightly because it is easy to integrate, and very useful for those kind of companies. Additionally, it is cheaper than other similar solutions
  • Email tracking
  • Granular sharing settings
  • Power BI integration
  • SAP Business One integration
  • Creates web forms
  • Lead assignment rules only available to Professional and Enterprise plans
  • No automatic email forwarding
Is very useful for small companies with a soft flow of leads, and less appropriate for very intensive scenarios.
Read Leonardo Hernandez's full review
Michael Guerrieo profile photo
May 30, 2018

Insightly Review: "Great product - good price"

We use Insightly to manage our CRM. The best feature has been the multi-user interface, it keeps us on track and very efficient. The webhooks and API make it easy to set up and keep the platform very flexible. I would easily recommend Insightly to any company looking to deliver projects on time and to accelerate sales.
  • Insightly keeps the tools we already use connected and with the links to the file service we never lose a document.
  • The automation makes things easy. We set up project assignments within the pipelines which keep us on schedule and able to better manage milestones.
  • We've closed a lot more deals and done it much faster because of Insightly's sales pipeline management and workflow automation tools.
  • We have been able to manage all of our leads and new sales opportunities inside of a neat and easy to use pipeline view.
  • Pricing could be better. The tiering structure doesn't fit our sales model but I would imagine it works for most companies.
  • The sidebar for Gmail doesn't seem to work all that well. Access to Gmail is a great feature but the interaction is a little difficult to manage.
  • After completing a task the archiving does not make the task complete. It would be great if the task would complete upon archiving.
Insightly has been a great tool for my department and my company. Many of my peers in my company have been looking into using Insightly in their own departments which is great for us. The more we can improve adoption the better.
Read Michael Guerrieo's full review
Renea Hanks profile photo
May 29, 2018

User Review: "Insightly Understands Small Business!"

Insightly was used by my organization to organize customer information. I needed a really simple CRM that I could teach someone quickly how to use it and store the information. She caught on real easy! It is easy, quick set up and frees for 2 users. As a startup, the cost is extremely important. That solved the issue as well.
  • Most importantly, it is cloud-based software.
  • Integrates perfectly with GSuite and Google products.
  • Mobility. Perfect for digital nomads.
  • It needs to be more robust. Search needs to be improved.
  • Lacks marketing automation.
  • Better support
Insightly is well suited for startups. It is great for beginners who are learning how to organize contacts and deals with a simple system. Any company that needs different software to be able to work alongside Insightly (Integrations) can do this easily with Insightly. It is best for companies that are on a tight budget but need to make every single dollar count.
Read Renea Hanks's full review
June 14, 2018

Insightly Review: "Cost effective alternative to Salesforce"

Insightly is being used in my organization as a Salesforce alternative. It has the right look and feel that the salespeople enjoy using when tracking their sales and is user-friendly enough to be able to create reports even when a person on the business side doesn't have a developer background.
  • The user interface is incredible.
  • Sales pipeline management makes it easy to see data at a glance.
  • Email tracking.
  • Workflow automation tools can get a little confusing but nothing major.
  • Tracking organization hierarchies could be cleaner.
I like the project management aspects of this program. I'm able to coordinate employee activities through the task and event management features. Being able to schedule calendar appointments with my contacts or make a recurring task has made my job much easier. Another gem of a feature is being able to send a link to projects.
June 14, 2018

Insightly Review: "Good choice for extremely cost-sensitive businesses"

Insightly is being used by our Sales and Marketing Departments. It addresses the problems associated with keeping track of individual salesperson's contacts and activities with those contacts. It also helps salespersons to see some of the communications with their customers through our underwriting department. Finally, the app helps the salespersons to keep track of customer information when they're away from the office.
  • Insightly competes extremely well cost-wise with almost all other CRMs with similar capabilities that are out there.
  • The customer service portal contains a lot of helpful information that is fairly easy to search and navigate. When at a loss, contacting a real person for help via email is easy.
  • The contact and organization records are easy to search and download. Duplicates are fairly easy to merge.
  • We started using Insightly when it was still in its Beta phase. Back then--when it was free for us to use--we expected big changes and were prepared to quickly adapt to them. Unfortunately, since those early years, Insightly continues to make huge changes to aspects of the CRM that are extremely disruptive to our business as our reliance on its predictability and reliability have also increased. While the latest changes to the overall interface (from "classic" to "new experience") are not being forced on users at this time, the company has stopped servicing the classic interface. Furthermore, some earlier changes (e.g. to the way records were formatted etc.) were made without warning and caused significant data loss and lost work time to remedy.
  • Some aspects of the CRM are not as customizable to our particular business model. The projects and opportunities are somewhat useful but would be vastly more useful if we could have more options to customize.
  • Over the years the ability to have a personal video conference session periodically with an Insightly specialist about general questions specific to our company has been eliminated. This was a huge value-add that Insightly has taken away (even for paying customers).
Very well suited for storing basic information about contacts, organizations, events, activities etc. Also great for tracking communication among all employees with specific contacts. If the app could be improved, this excellent data/information would be even more accessible when salespersons are out of the office but the app is currently unreliable and we do not rely on it exclusively for that purpose. We find Insightly less appropriate when the sales activity is a little unconventional or doesn't follow a linear trajectory. Also, the history of a contact or organization is very important to our business and this feature could be vastly improved, particularly when two records are merged. The history of a contact should also be more prominent/visible. Executive management sometimes relies on that historical data alone to determine certain commission splits etc. The home screen in the classic interface is useful so that the Executive Team can immediately see each salesperson's activities in real time and also sort to view certain types of activity.
September 11, 2018

User Review: "Insightly Progress"

Insightly is being used by our whole organization. We are a start-up Marketing company that was looking for a trustworthy CRM program.
  • Lots of filter options!
  • Automatically pulls contact Social Media profiles!
  • Sends email confirmations when uploading a .CSV doc with specifics on who was uploaded, any skipped, dupes etc.
  • So many pop-up screens on one page can get cluttered.
  • Each column has to be manually adjusted to view contents each time.
Great CRM for deals, task, email, projects, etc!
August 14, 2018

Review: "Insightly - does what it says on the tin"

While we may use official CRM within our organisation, I have been using Insightly for individual CRM purposes for a short while. It has a light touch interface that allows management of mails very easily and you don't have to be too tech savvy to get to grips with it. As it is just me, I can use the free version which is a bonus.
  • Interfacing with Gmail
  • Large amount of third party integrations
  • Low cost
  • Expansion of features within free version
  • Reporting features are lacking
In order to keep track of deals and progress, the effort required is low. While the detail may not be easily reportable, the overall progression of the sales can be monitored. Communications with the clients are then also easier to deal with and I can verbally give co workers updates when required.
June 21, 2018

Insightly Review: "Great! So simple and easy, with a wonderful support team and community."

It is being used across the whole organisation. It is especially useful for connecting various apps and also mapping out our future sales plans.
  • It's so easy to connect to the apps our company already uses, it's very simple and nice to keep in one place.
  • The support is second to none, you can speak with them directly or visit the community and troubleshoot any issues.
  • Data migration from other apps is easy and organised.
  • Would like a few more characters in the custom text field but it's easy enough to fit in.
  • Changing the themes of the dashboards can be quite annoying in some situations and have slow loading.
  • Sending mass emails is fine, but it works only 50 at a time.
It is great for combining apps and sending emails with templates and third-party applications such as MailChimp. Everything is very organised and (except for a few blips with the theme changes) is easily customisable.
May 28, 2018

Insightly Review: "Useful app in for client management"

This application provides us access to the information whether it is project related in the most suitable way in comparison to the other project management software that I have used recently. It is of good use to the person who needs client management or keeps a record on his daily scrums.
  • It is helpful for meeting coordination and client management
  • The mobile app is really good, no lack of speed or performance
  • Also very helpful in making an impressive presentation on product insights.
  • Greatly appreciate if it can be used in offline mode
  • Having trouble logging in sometimes. Always have to contact customer support to fix it
  • Customer support is not any good(does not provide any assistance in case app crashes)
This application can really be put to good use in case of business management like dealing with clients, managing your projects and products, creating or assigning tasks or meetings in the most appropriate way. But it's of no use when you are not connected to the internet and you also need to use the laptop version when representing or managing on a large-scale.
Joanne Grams profile photo
April 10, 2018

Review: "Insightly - let it bring you into the LIGHT!"

We are a small non-profit organization and I have been implementing Insightly for use as a CRM as well as a process flow. I have on-boarded our Founder and Executive Director and I have been trying to get them to see the potential time saving and client assistance Insightly can be. The problems Insightly can address is the phases of our program from proposal to final invoice. I believe that the potential of Insightly is completely underutilized within our organization but it is due to the lack of knowledge of some of our team members.
  • Within GMAIL - the sidebar is an amazing tool and has so much potential!
  • Within GMAIL - so save into Insightly and link is very very helpful
  • Insightly's search is very good
  • Being able to tag the contact is helpful
  • The corroboration with Mailchimp is awesome
  • Within Opportunities and Projects: EMAILING clients!
  • Deleting Activity Sets
  • Allowing more bcc's and cc's within Insightly emailing
Mail Merge! How easy it is to create an email and not only add user fields but be able to edit individual emails while reviewing!
Read Joanne Grams's full review
Tommy L. Chambers profile photo
April 10, 2018

Review: "Insightly is a feature rich CRM and workflow management tool for small businesses."

I use the CRM and project capabilities of Insightly to support and track sales and projects in my speaking and seminar business and my consulting business. I have also used Insightly in a previous retail business as a personal stylist and seller of custom menswear.
  • It's online and has different tiers. You can easily move between different product tiers as your business needs change.
  • I love the integration of sales pipelines with projects and tasks.
  • Integration with third-party software tools.
  • Would be great if you could integrate with your select email marketing platform, or if Insightly provided email marketing tools similar to mainstream platforms.
  • I am a Microsoft product user and would like better integration with those products.
  • Would be nice to have templates for different business types.
One obvious answer is that it can be used as a basic contact management system. Another obvious answer is that it is pretty well suited for CRM purposes: tracking leads, opportunities, and sales through a sales funnel. It's easy to setup sales pipelines. However, the pipeline capability can be used to track any type of step-by-step work-low processes. For example, we use it to track the sales processes for speaking and seminars, which is different from tracking consulting, and both of which are different from tracking retail sales. Once the pipelines were set up, all I have to do is select the appropriate product or service type and Insightly hides the way from there. For some rudimentary email blasts, Insightly allows you to send and track message responses from customer groups. Insightly can also be used as a basic project and task tracking system. Regular and ongoing task sets can be used with pipelines. For example, once a speaking engagement is booked, there are normally associated tasks that must be completed to make the event happen and Insightly allows a pipeline to be set up to track that task set.
Read Tommy L. Chambers's full review
Ann Matuszak profile photo
March 08, 2018

Review: "Insightly meets the needs of the growing small business"

We use Insightly at Pixologie to manage our clients, contacts, and licensees. It allows us to easily access information and communication. We can all find what has been shared and recorded for any contact.
  • We have been able to customize fields to address our needs. Our industry is not well known so typical fields do not address all the areas we record.
  • We have made extensive use of tags to categorize specific groups within groups that we want to monitor.
  • We have been able to completely customize the workflow process and steps to complete projects.
  • PLEASE add a DocuSign module! It is the only real reason we have considered other CRM companies!
  • Some of the workflow from completing a task but then checking off a task as done is a bit awkward and cumbersome.
  • Would love to be able to add more than 15 business cards per month. Do not want to upgrade for that alone.
Insightly offers an incredible amount of functionality at the free level. For smaller businesses with less than 2500 contacts, it is perfect. As you grow, moving to a paid account is easy to do. We have been very happy with all that we can do with Insightly.
Read Ann Matuszak's full review

Customer data management / contact management (278)
Workflow management (249)
Territory management (11)
6.1
Opportunity management (259)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (262)
Contract management (21)
6.5
Quote & order management (12)
Interaction tracking (232)
Channel / partner relationship management (24)
Case management (11)
Call center management (8)
Help desk management (9)
Lead management (215)
Email marketing (170)
Task management (267)
Billing and invoicing management (39)
5.0
Custom fields (249)
Custom objects (19)
6.6
Scripting environment (6)
API for custom integration (109)
Single sign-on capability (191)
Role-based user permissions (114)
Social data (25)
Social engagement (78)
Marketing automation (85)
Compensation management (4)
5.2
Mobile access (242)

About Insightly

Insightly is an online CRM solution targeted at small and mid-sized businesses. Over 1.5 million worldwide small and mid-size business Insightly users build relationships, generate quotes, accelerate sales and deliver projects. It is the #1 Gmail, G Suite & Outlook CRM.

According to the vendor, businesses use Insightly for:

• Relationship linking
  • Quote generation
  • Workflow automation
  • Project management
  • Advanced reporting
  • Mobile CRM app with business card scanning and audio notes
Additional Platform Features
  • Localization/internationalization- Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian
  • Over 40 app integrations including Gmail, Google Apps, Mailchimp, Box, QuickBooks Online, etc.

Insightly Features

Sales Force Automation Features
Has featureCustomer data management / contact management
Has featureWorkflow management
Has featureTerritory management
Has featureOpportunity management
Has featureIntegration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Does not have featureContract management
Has featureQuote & order management
Has featureInteraction tracking
Does not have featureChannel / partner relationship management
Customer Service & Support Features
Does not have featureCase management
Does not have featureCall center management
Does not have featureHelp desk management
Marketing Automation Features
Has featureLead management
Has featureEmail marketing
CRM Project Management Features
Has featureTask management
Does not have featureBilling and invoicing management
Has featureReporting
CRM Reporting & Analytics Features
Does not have featureForecasting
Has featurePipeline visualization
Has featureCustomizable reports
Customization Features
Has featureCustom fields
Has featureCustom objects
Does not have featureScripting environment
Has featureAPI for custom integration
Security Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions
Has featureSingle sign-on capability
Social CRM Features
Does not have featureSocial data
Does not have featureSocial engagement
Integrations with 3rd-party Software Features
Has featureMarketing automation
Does not have featureCompensation management
Platform Features
Has featureMobile access
Has featureAICPA SOC II Type 1 and Type 2 audited and accredited, and US/EU Privacy Shield and US/Swiss Privacy Shield certified.
Has featureData import & export
Has featureTwo-factor Authentication (2FA)
Has featureSAML-based Single Sign-On (SSO)
Has featureOAuth Single Sign-On (SSO)

Insightly Screenshots

Insightly Integrations

QuickBooks Online, Dropbox, Mailchimp, Xero, Slack, HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot, Box, Zapier, PandaDoc, Google Drive, Evernote, Gmail, G Suite/Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365 & Outlook

Insightly Competitors

SugarCRM, Zoho CRM, Zoho Projects, Pipedrive, Zendesk Sell (formerly Base), Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Salesforce

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes