Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Benchmark Estimating Software, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Benchmark Estimating Software is a construction estimating software boasting over 3,000 users in different industries and in more than 20 countries featuring the ability to apply different methods of estimating depending on the type of Project the user is pricing, and based on industry.
The software is designed to be easy-to-use but powerful enough to support a wide variety of use cases, starting with a customisable welcome screen to manage estimating and provide access to market share data from within one screen. Users can drag-and-drop into an item or routine, and customize drop down fields to display needed information, as well as link resources (e.g. project documents) to the interface via hyperlink. Reports can be generated in the software and exported to Office, or a .pdf file.
The estimating tool supports multiple currencies and allows the user to adjust exchange rates across a bid, as well as maintain supplier price lists from all countries in the database. Designed for authorities responsible for delivering large or complex capital works projects and/or programmes, the solution uses three point estimating techniques and Monte-Carlo simulation to provide users a clearer and more accurate picture of the potential price variation for capital projects.
The tool also includes a number of convenience features, such as its Auto Allocate function that enables users to find the closest matching items by comparing the descriptions of the items in the project and automatically pricing the Items to either a 100% or most suitable match. Items can be broken down by sub items; ideal for crews, assemblies or breaking down items into more detail, enabling users to produce more detailed estimates.
For pricing large Projects with many sites and where there is a similar operation at each site, the tools Power Routines can potentially save hours. Power Routines automate these types of estimates for the users. Library based, Benchmark Estimating is designed to prevent the user re-inventing the wheel, to save time and ensure users don’t leave important costs out of an estimate. Resource requirements are worked out by the software, not the user, so users have flexibility to tailor the Item to suit the Project.
Founded in 1996, Benchmark Estimating Software is headquartered in Australia with an office in the UK. It is privately owned, and part of the MacDonald group of companies.
- Supported: Plan distribution & viewing
- Supported: Plan markups & sharing
- Supported: Document sharing
- Supported: Issue tracking & punchlists
- Supported: Photo documentation
- Supported: Jobsite reports
- Supported: Collaboration & approvals
- Supported: As-built drawings
- Supported: Submittal design and management
- Supported: Checklists
- Supported: Specifications
- Supported: Takeoff tools
- Supported: Job costing
- Supported: Cost databases
- Supported: Cost calculator
- Supported: Bid creation
- Supported: Dashboards
- Supported: Standard reports
- Supported: Custom reports
- Supported: Data exportability
- Supported: Multi-Currency Project Cost Estimating with Three-Point Estimating
- Supported: Add Overheads and Contingencies (Risks) on your Project by entering % or lump sum amounts.
- Supported: Customisable Resources Margin feature help users analyse summary margin data for particular Resources.
- Supported: Marketing Reports and Graphs, use Revenue Driver to analyse performance by a specific parameter.
- Progress Claims
- Standard quotes
- Retention money reminders
- Interface with a calendar
The support guys were always helping and sorted out issues we had very quickly.
- Logical set-out of resources inside standard items in an Item library.
- Up to date resource rates in an easy to use resource library.
- I haven't found anything yet. Benchmark is constantly evolving and adding new processes, I believe it keeps up to date with what it's users want.