March 22, 2016
Score 4 out of 10
Lecorpio is used by one of our clients to track and manage their IP portfolio.
- Well, it's super easy to find what your looking for, as there are so many different fields for searching. It even handles Boolean searches pretty well... and partial searches.
- The layout is easy to read, logical and clear.
- It seems like a fairly stable application. I don't recall it "going down" much.
- The updates are few and far between. I have had issues where the laws surrounding docket requirements were slow to keep up and going in manually to change docket dates is kind of cumbersome. It's been a while though since I had to do that....
- As a management for references, this leaves much to be desired. It is cumbersome to enter references and I'm not aware that is cross cites at all.
- It does seems slow to changes-- we requested an annuity tab be added-- takes a while to implement.
Read Alex Mende's full review
As I said, I'm not aware that Lecorpio is particularly robust when it comes to tracking cross-related patent applications. It seems great for tracking docket dates and general management proposes which works well for smaller clients with "simple" portfolios. But clients with large, complex interrelated applications would not be a solid choice.