MEGA Reviews

Jonah Dempcy | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've used MEGA in a personal capacity for years, and in a business capacity on occasion when clients prefer it for sending and receiving files. Most recently I used it to receive 40 GB of documents, audio and video files sent from a client. I use the web client, as well as the desktop and mobile clients.
  • Sync across desktop and mobile devices.
  • Great user interface.
  • Takes a long time to log in using the web interface, upwards of 15 or 20 seconds.
  • User Interface affordances can get in the way (popup hints).
MEGA is great for storing and syncing files across devices. It has a great web interface, as well as a sync tool for desktop and a mobile app that works very well on iPhone. (I have not used the Android version of the app.) I like the overall usability, as well as some of the features like the QR code and contact list functionality. I like the file versioning and file management features as well.

What works less well for me is collaboration with other users, and file sharing among users. I have not been able to find a way to view all files shared with me from other users in the same view as my own files. In fact, when files are shared with me, the only way I have been able to locate them is through Notifications, which is sub-par. I would much prefer to see all shared folders alongside my files, without having to make a copy of the shared folder, thus losing the ability to sync with another user's changes, as well as using up my storage space.
Read Jonah Dempcy's full review
antonio lopez | TrustRadius Reviewer
MEGA is one of the best cloud storage services that exist at the moment. I usually use it to store and share information and files with users of certain forums, as well as with my FB contacts. I like to use this option since I do not have to limit myself in the size of files that I upload and share, I just have find/create the file I want and simply upload it to share it with the world.

With respect to my work, I have also uses MEGA for that, especially when the created video files are very large to share via email. With MEGA, I can email a download link and also keep the file stored in my cloud if I want to share it again later, or if I accidentally delete it from my PC.
  • Very fast upload and download rate.
  • Lots of space for little money. Even in the free version, they give you more space than other clouds (50GB)
  • It has an encryption system so your files cannot be published by third parties.
  • Has mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows phone
  • Sometimes the download rate drops by a lot, so the downloads take much longer.
If what you want is to share your files on the web, in forums or only among friends, MEGA is a great tool for you because you can upload, share and download large file at fast speeds. Now if what you want is not to share, but only to make a backup of your files, MEGA is equally good and functional, since it provides more than enough space (50GB) so you can store all your files and documents.
The only bad thing is the download and upload speeds are variable and are not always the best; on many occasions you will find that it is very slow, but luckily, from my experience this only lasts a few minutes and then it will return to being as fast as ever.
Read antonio lopez's full review
Marco Riva | TrustRadius Reviewer

Today Mega is used to map processes, create connectionions between process and business services and from between business services and applications. In the future, we are planning to connect applications and infrastructure. We are using TOGAF, Process, architecture and we plan to use strategic and data governance modules. From MEGA, we generate a web site, the service catalog accessible by our client end partners.

• Define business architecture
  • Design processes
  • Tailoring business services attributes
  • API for external use
  • Query engine (join between metaclass)
  • Export tools
  • Web site generator
MEGA is well suited for

• Service Architecture definition
  • Service relationships
  • Service that supports process and vice versa
  • Business process definition
  • Definition of Business Entities
  • Management of business entities
  • Business Entity managed by services
  • Creation of service reports

MEGA is less appropriate for:

• Business Service management information (who is “developing, responsible, etc.” for business services)
  • Business services contracts
  • Business services performance management
Read Marco Riva's full review

About MEGA

MEGA International headquartered in France offers enterprise architecture management and modeling software, and a governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) platform.

MEGA Technical Details