Acronis True Image Reviews

October 08, 2020
We basically use it to image our own laptops and workstations, but we have used it to create images from some POS systems at our clients' facilities. True Image saved the day on that since we could use dism at the very moment since the image got corrupted.
  • Imaging OS for future reference.
  • Prevents malware on such images.
  • Easy backup method.
  • Maybe price for the end-user. Some think it's kind of expensive for a household, given that they could have Clonezilla for free.
  • Better support for third party backup providers like Wasabi.
  • Better mobile UI.
When we hit a wall trying to create an image from a POS system, Acronis was the tool that helped us save the day for our client.
I really haven't contacted their support but everything has been very intuitive and if I need something done I just google it so far.
April 02, 2020
Dan Hyland | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Acronis True Image as a part of our redundant data backup plan to ensure that our accounting and other business data is being protected. We backup locally on a USB drive, on our corporate Microsoft OneDrive, and also using Acronis for cloud backup. We have experienced ransomware attacks twice within the past several years. We implemented Acronis after the first one and used it to restore our data after the second one happened.
  • Automated scheduled backup
  • Intuitive process for data restoration
  • Could use more functional backup of mapped network drives, this has occasionally been a problem
Acronis True Image is best for ongoing schedule of backup routine on a single machine. Best suited for small businesses without an IT department. I would have a hard time trying to set it up for several users. Seems like Acronis was designed for "the guy at the office who knows how all the computer stuff works," which is me.
I have only needed to contact support once regarding methods to backup data on shared network drives. They were responsive and provided a solution right away that worked.
Read Dan Hyland's full review
March 11, 2020
Jason Clarke | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it specifically to image user computers when attempting to preserve data after a security or virus/malware related incident. I also use it heavily to grab an image from damaged hard drives so I can attempt to lay it down on a new hard drive. It has worked time and time again.
  • Grabbing images from hard drives.
  • Cloning hard drives.
  • Backing data up.
  • They need to go back to the way the software worked and looked in 2010....GUI is different now. I have opted to use 2010 due to this in a lot of cases.
  • Wish cloning was more streamlined, like Samsung has for cloning HDDs to their new EVO SSDs.
  • Wish there was more included in their rescue media feature.
Software is well suited in general for its cloning and imaging abilities. I prefer it over any other product of the same function. I will gladly pay for something that actually does what it advertises over a similar free product. I wish their software had some disk repair features to use in coordination with their cloning features to help correct issues and make cloning go smoother and more reliably.
I have never had an issue with their software and therefore have never had to reach out to their support for anything. I have however used their online help to answer questions about functionality. I found no issues getting the information I was looking for. It seemed that if their own support didn't have the answer, there was a user on their forums who did.
Read Jason Clarke's full review
February 21, 2020
Tom Shulak | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Acronis True Image to individual backup PCs in our company. It is a cost-effective solution for us. Acronis has been extremely reliable, and we have used it for restores multiple times. The ability to password protect and encrypt the backups are great features. The interface is simple, intuitive, and easy to use.
  • Reliability
  • Ease of use
  • Enhanced user interface
Acronis True Image can be used in any office scenario that I can think of where PCs are involved, and backups are needed.
I have not used Acronis support specifically but have had email correspondence with product questions, and they were excellent.
Read Tom Shulak's full review
October 30, 2019
Andrew Egbert | TrustRadius Reviewer
Following a disastrous system crash with my previous computer, I decided to purchase Acronis True Image 2018, though I now have the 2019 version, to begin backing up my system and, more importantly, my working files. I tend to employ a sizable and diverse catalog of productivity software, so if my workstation dies, everything must be reinstalled from scratch. I don't like to reinstall from scratch. With that in mind, TrueImage is synonymous with peace-of-mind, and it does work. I can't afford to lose my work, and this backup software has saved me twice.

So, in short, True Image 2019 remains a proven parachute.
  • The Incremental File Backup is particularly potent. I wanted to have a backup experience as closely matched to the Mac Time Machine as possible, and True Image does it quite nicely.
  • True Image can save to my network drives, which means that it has no difficulty in backing up system images and files to a server.
  • I'm pleased with the Rescue Media builder functionality. Usefully, for a system image, it will save an ISO, a Windows Image File (WIM), or save the image to a USB drive. The restore process is fairly straightforward.
  • Upon a system restore after a crash, the program was able to see my server but was unable to complete the process. However, once I copied everything to a detachable USB hard disk, it had no further problems.
  • I'd love to see an exact copy of the functionality of Time Machine, except on a PC. Seamless, nearly flawless. It's already pretty decent, though.
  • Okay, Acronis, you've knocked it out of the park already, but ...it's time to offer some hardware! Develop your own secure version of the Time Capsule that can be plugged into the network. It will only do one thing, and it will be the best at what it does.
After some experience, I think that this is probably the best and most functional backup and recovery software available for the Windows platform. It's straightforward and can act as an insurance policy against disaster. Quite good for the price, to be honest. It has so far saved me from an absolute disaster twice, and I am certain to maintain the latest version for each of my PCs. If you decide to save your restore image to a USB drive, it will require formatting, so it's best to have at least one dedicated volume, accessible by plugging into a USB port, for the purpose.

I purchased this software following my experience with Disk Director, which I still use, although I'm not certain that it's up to date. I've noticed that the 2020 version is available on the company's website, but that my software hasn't notified me that an update is available.
Beyond a single instance, I haven't had to approach Acronis' support. I needed a new key following the death of my previous workstation, and they rapidly supplied it. I've heard from colleagues that they've quickly answered any questions that've been asked. If I need something, I'll generally frequent FAQ pages first, although Acronis actually has instructional videos to help users get started, which is forward-thinking. Great software that fills a vital niche for Windows systems.
Read Andrew Egbert's full review
December 13, 2019
Mike Narumiya | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for service refreshing of new and repaired laptops. Super easy to use. Can have any IT staff use it and get the job done. While we limit who can use the software, it could be used by any mildly technically savvy staff, especially with a few instructions. I have never had an image problem.
  • Works each time, I haven't had the cloning issues that programs use.
  • Cost effective.
  • The pricing could be a little better.
If you have inexperienced staff that needs to replace hard drives, and 1 to 1000 to do, this is a great option. I had to do some hard drive updates (move to SSD) and this was a great tool to use and image new equipment. Very easy to use, and easy to train others on.
I haven't had to use their support since the product is simple and it works. There are more advanced features, but I kept it simple and to the point. It helps me get equipment back to service quickly. It is reliable. You don't get a bunch of failures or prompts asking you questions that really matter only under extremely rare or unusual circumstances like some other products.
Read Mike Narumiya's full review
December 09, 2019
Tom Schmidt | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use True Image to clone computers with same hardware configuration as well as to transfer data from one storage media to another (replacing HD with SSD).
  • Very fast transfers.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • More flexibility to resize partitions while copying.
Acronis True Image works better than Paragon Partition manager for cloning but not just resizing partitions.
If you need just to make images or backups Acronis does a great job. If you want flexibility to resize on the fly, there are better programs.
Read Tom Schmidt's full review
June 06, 2019
Romel Fausto | TrustRadius Reviewer
Acronis True Image is used for disaster recovery. It is utilized for cloning soon to fail hard drives and solid state drives. It is used by our IT and service technician. Cloning resolves the issue of longer downtime, since it prevents us from having to do the software re-installation from scratch.
  • Easy to use.
  • Fast cloning.
  • Rarely give us problems, unless the storage is the problem.
  • Intuitive interface.
  • Easy to use tools.
  • On the summary for the cloning, it should show the disk model of the source and target disk.
  • Still, on the summary, the before and after should specify which disk: the source or target.
  • They need to make cloning a part of the main menu, aside from Backup and recovery.
Acronis s well suited for quick cloning disks that are about to fail. It is mainly used for backup and recovery, and these are its main strengths. I can't think of any less appropriate use for this software, though.
Read Romel Fausto's full review
December 13, 2018
valentine leamy | TrustRadius Reviewer
Acronis True Image is being used for backup/recovery for users that we provide services for. It's being used by the information technology department currently, mainly because this department is most suitable to use this software. It also helps our business in many ways; it saves us money and time and most importantly, it saves the data of valuable users at the organization.
  • Good software to used for images operating systems; it supports Windows, Mac, etc.
  • This software can start booting from CD, DVD, USB or from your network.
  • The software has 30 days of free license (trial) to be able to do all the tests that you require.
  • Very easy tool to use, GUI is also user-friendly.
  • I would like the price to be a little less, although I understand that it is a reasonable price.
  • While backing up the system image, the computer becomes a bit slow.
After being hit with a virus we greatly improved our backup strategy and this has been a great help! Good, reliable backup of servers and workstations, great support, and easy to set up on servers. Recommend it a lot because it very easy to use and saves a lot of work time. Version 2019 has a very good user interface and is very intuitive.
Read valentine leamy's full review

What is Acronis True Image?

Acronis True Image is Personal Backup Software for all important data on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Facebook.

Acronis True Image Features

Has featureFor all your important data on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Facebook
Has featureComplete Backup & Fast Recovery
Has featureEasy Disk Cloning & Full Image Backup
Has featureCloud, Local or Hybrid Cloud Backup
Has featureActive Ransomware Protection

Acronis True Image Screenshots

Acronis True Image Video

New features in Acronis True Image 2018 that make it the best solution for personal backup today.

Acronis True Image Competitors

Carbonite Endpoint 360, Backblaze, Code42 (formerly CrashPlan)

Acronis True Image Pricing