Don't recommend Payoneer

March 23, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Payoneer, and make your voice heard!

What is Payoneer?

Payoneer headquartered in New York offers a global payment solution enabling business to manage international payments, bill or request payments from clients, receive payments through popular marketplaces, and pay freelance workers no matter where they are.

11 people want pricing too

What is Stripe?

Stripe is a payment gateway software solution which supports a range of payment related needs such as subscription management and recurrent billing via Stripe Billing, integration with third party payment services via the Stripe Connect API, assistance starting an Internet business which accepts…

What is Tipalti?

Tipalti is a cloud-based platform that enables mass payment management and execution to networked partners (e.g. affiliates, suppliers, vendors, crowdsource, freelancers, and content publishers) across international borders. Payment can be in any local currency, through a variety of methods (e.g.…

Product Demos

A Universe of Opportunities│Payoneer
A Universe of Opportunities│Payoneer
01:14

What is Payoneer?

Payoneer is a partner for digital commerce, everywhere. From borderless payments to boundless growth, Payoneer promises any business, in any market, the technology, connections and confidence to participate and flourish in the new global economy.

Payoneer Video

A Universe of Opportunities | Payoneer connects the world together on a single platform, to make it as easy to do business globally as it is locally. Whether sending or receiving marketplace payouts, getting paid by international clients, payingremote contractors, optimizing...

Payoneer Competitors

Payoneer Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

Wise, PayPal Zettle, and Adyen are common alternatives for Payoneer.

The most common users of Payoneer are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

They were supposed to help make easier international payments and allow for faster payments from our clients and to our providers. They did not help at all with that they don't comply with their own service standards and response times. Avoid using the service they will make it painful and full of unnecessary calls with rude customer service agents.
  • Nothing
  • Take your money
  • Make it painful , costly and slow to withdraw
  • Customer service
  • Comply with their own times and standards
  • Stop giving less priority to Latin Americans
I've been trying to request a card for two weeks, initially, they told me it would take 3 to 5 days tops. I contacted them after the 5 days to ask for a response, and they apologized and told me they gave my request a priority status and that they would give me an answer in 48 hours tops. More than 48 hours went by and I contacted again their customer service, the guy apologized yet another time and told me he gave my request the "highest priority status" and that they would give me an answer in 48 hours tops (lol really again??). Guess what? 48 hrs+ and I haven't received a response from them, so I contacted again, the Spanish support was super rude and he decided to argue with me whether they are being compliant or not..... super rude and he says there is nothing else he can do other than "pass the message to the department". I requested to talk with the supervisor the put me on hold for 40 minutes and then hung the call. Seriously? Payoneer is a misleading company that makes promises they can't fulfill just to gain customers and then left them hanging with the money stuck on the cloud while they say fulfilling their promises is more complicated than it seems. Are you kidding??! it's not ok to play with people's money. The bottom line: if you need to request the Payoneer card (physical or virtual) you have to bear in mind that the approval time is not 3 to 5 days as promised but rather 3 to 5 weeks and only if you keep calling and arguing with their crappy customer service agents. I'm very disappointed and I hope I had chosen another provider like wise.com, result, and many others that are alternatives to this garbage company with false promises.
Payoneer is the most shitty service I had ever used. Starting with the fact that they don't give me back my money after 10 days of waiting. Continuing with their support. Harm, not support. You will spend all your nerves on this since they love to switch your waiting chat off. When you are connected idiotic managers lie to you. They don't see your payment in the system, when the Upwork support clearly stated with proof that there is my money in their system and I know the ID they still require some confirmation. Also, they feed you promises - wait 5 days. Then wait 5 more days, we don't see it. I start believing that they stole my money and in some next revenue round are going to give it back. WORST SERVICE EVER. Oh and one more — they'll charge you extra commission for every move. Better get away from it and use PayPal or send
  • nothing
  • stealing my money
  • ignoring my problems
  • telling me to f off
  • they just should give their clients their money
  • and probably shut the company
NEVER USE IT
I was using this Payoneer service for 7 or more years, it was never above average but at that time it was the only option... But now they have gone too far in terms of bad services, they just removed the USD bank of America from receiving account and didn't bother to update me, due to this my two payments were stuck for 19 days, I contacted them many times but they never bothered to even look into my account and kept blaming PayPal... Now after 20 days of torture they told me very casually that I can no longer receive payments in this bank so please apply for a new one ... this is just a sight of how bad their customer service is ... I contacted support 6 times, created 2 tickets but no one bothered to look into the issue and wasted my 20 days by keeping blaming PayPal
  • it was the only solution early in the days when i started freelance
  • Cusomer service
  • Services
Syed Aamir Ali | TrustRadius Reviewer
I was finding the best payment solution to my clients to pay me directly to my US bank accounts, yet 5 years before using Payoneer I wasn't aware that we have something ready where I can get my own currency accounts in one click and share with my clients. Yet when I was in trouble with it, I searched and found Payoneer and I started using it while it's gives me all solutions to me problems that time.
  • Own currency accounts easily.
  • Debit card service available.
  • Faster processing of payments.
  • Less service charges on transaction.
  • Debit card with Visa.
  • Faster processing into bank accounts.
It's perfect program for all financial where we need easier payment acceptance. Provided with debit card it's a great addition to us. My finance department easily gets all transactions tracked through Payoneer and that the most important aspect of it. Moreover, we have been using the service since 5 years without any hassle.
Reda Bouziane | TrustRadius Reviewer
We tried to use them to process payments for our agency. We receive invoices from our clients and we pay back suppliers like Facebook and Native Networks in order to promote our client's offers.
  • NOTHING
  • They hold on to the money forever.
  • Their customer services curses at people.
  • Their website is designed like it was in 80s
They are the worst company out there. They might be used to working with people with a questionable reputation, so their entire system is geared towards that and they penalize all hard-working honest people, by holding on to the money. They just take it, provide no explanation and just purely steal it from you.
We are an IT solution provider. So we have came across different kind of use cases where we implemented Payoneer for our clients. One of our major client is a music purchaser that bid on the music from its users. We implemented Payoneer for them so that they can pay their clients when music is purchased from them. Payoneer stands distinct especially incase of cross border mass payouts. We also use Payoneer within our organization to receive our payments from clients as well as make payments to our partners.
  • Cross border payments
  • mass payouts
  • receive payments in local accounts
  • competitive exchange rates
  • escrow service
  • Automated payment initiation from web forms
  • payment processing solution for websites
Payoneer is well suited for freelancers whether or not they work on marketplaces. as it makes it easier to receive payments from clients abroad. More over it also takes a lot of hassle out of getting paid from international clients as well as sending cross border payments.

It has some what limited implementation in e commerce type business especially where you need to automate the payment process.
I use Payoneer as an account to receive payments and send payments from abroad, manage my funds related to my digital services. The problems that I previously encountered with other platforms were the high commission costs and the need to travel to open accounts. Which greatly facilitates me to be able to work reducing capital management costs.
  • Easy account opening
  • Transfers to international accounts
  • Opening of LLC accounts
  • Other withdrawal options
Payoneer is very appropriate for when you want to open an Amazon seller account, it allows you to draw the balance of the account as they want. And it is extremely easy to link Payoneer with Amazon. In the same way, it allows you to withdraw funds with international accounts.
I used Payoneer to accept payments from foreign clients. This service has a fairly low commission for transfers. An important factor is that it is very popular, which greatly simplifies the interaction with customers, since usually people are wary of what they do not know much about.
  • Low commission
  • Fast transfer speed
  • Famous service
  • The operation of the service depends on the "Politics"
This service is well suited for small organizations and individuals who need to receive and send cross-border payments.
Rick Fitzgerald | TrustRadius Reviewer
Have been using Payoneer since it first appeared on the market. It helped me run my business, because as I am a US person not a US citizen, it allowed me to have US bank accounts connected to payment gateways such as Stripe and my ecommerce websites, and also payments for other services rendered offline or online. <br>This combination had the added convenience of the Payoneer card, which in my case, as a world traveler, was the only way to withdraw funds and use it to make offline and online purchases for my business.<br>The service also offers a possibility to withdraw to local bank accounts, something I never used but it's there, if the need arises.<br>Another convenient feature is to allow payments to your vendors, or get paid by US companies, and later companies from Europe, If I remember correctly, however, in my case it was a feature that was crippled, because I was never able to use a Payoneer bank account to do a wire, only to pay using the Payoneer card, like any regular debit card, and payments from some clients were deemed fraudulent which is ridiculous, because they were from people I know for decades! So these are great limitations.
  • Transfer money from your Stripe account to your Payoneer Bank and then Payoneer card
  • Withdraw money at an ATM using the card, although way too expensive.
  • Payments using the card online
  • As bank accounts are virtual they are way too limited for any significant operation as it doesn't allow any ACH wires.
  • Pay vendors is way too complicated unless they are Payoneer partners.
  • Getting paid by clients is almost impossible unless it comes from Payoneer partners, every attempt I made was deemed a fraud! Those were long time clients that payed me regularly.
Although the withdrawal is limited to the ACH US accounts, as they aren't real bank accounts, it's a convenient way to get paid fast from Stripe, although if there is a small fee or a chargeback as these are way in payments only, it becomes a nightmare to fix those problems. It does allow the bank accounts to be accepted with Stripe. For any kind of ACH payment to vendors, the service is way too limited, I wasn't able to pay anyone, unless I use the card to do it, as any regular card. In my experience, I think Import export, international trade transactions or high ticket items are impossible due to the small upper limits, for instance I can't use it to pay a vendor for a regular inventory of the latest iPhones(more than a million dollars for just a few items), nor to get paid by an overseas buyer(for instance my clients in Dubai), that buy these items on a daily basis, for these operations is just not suited.
We used Payoneer to help facilitate payment to international independent contractors and service providers. We needed a solution that would work across a variety of geographies and platforms. Payoneer wasn’t going to be our primary payment solution, but rather a method to pay contractors in areas where our other methods were unavailable or prohibitive for whatever reason.
  • Low fees
  • Broad geographic support
  • Processing time is incredibly slow
  • Verifying account was problematic and lengthy
  • Support was inconsistent
If you can’t use an alternative payment provider (like PayPal) due to geographic or technological limitations, then Payoneer is a sufficient replacement. In any case where you can use a more mainstream provider, Payoneer falls short.
I use Payoneer to receive payments from the employer. As it's in a different country, Payoneer has facilitated the transactions, it can be used internationally without an issue or many weird fees.
  • Seemless integration with other payment options or bank cards. You can use it in any ATM or complete transactions to a variety of banks
  • It can be used internationally without many fees
  • The platform is easy to understand, very user friendly
  • Customer support is also on point most of the time and they have chat options (which is good if you have a busy day, you don't have to be on the phone).
  • For some international countries it take a lot to get the physical card. This may be related to the local post office too, but it's a hassle for new users
  • It would be good to have tutorials on how to do basic tasks in video or audio, for users that can't read for too long or have a disability
International payment without large transaction fees. When you have Payoneer's debit card you can basically use it in any place that accepts visa, which is a very good feature. You can travel and have peace of mind.
We use Payoneer weekly to pay our call center abroad. It allows us to manage finances paperless but that is probably the only problem it addresses.
  • I don't feel that Payoneer does things particularly well.
  • Large fees
  • Has a payment limit of $10000
  • hard to reach customer support (which is difficult since it is often needed)
  • frequent technical errors after submitting payment which leaves us uneasy
I don't think Payoneer is a good solution. We often have issues with it and they are not easy to work with to help us resolve them. I don't think it's helpful that they put a limit on how much you can pay whoever you're trying to pay. And the fees to use it are quite large, say compared to Qwikwire.
Anmol Dubey | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our company, we use Payoneer to resolve payment-related concerns. Payoneer allows us to send and receive international payments, as well as acquire products and services from all over the world, with ease and security. We tried PayPal and Skrill first, but neither of them was able to totally resolve our payment issues, so we eventually turned to Payoneer. Payoneer is a terrific way to safely extend your business abroad. Our customers are likewise pleased to pay with it.
  • Send Payments Internationally.
  • Receive Payments Internationally.
  • Purchase Products/Services Internationally.
  • Provide International Bank Accounts.
  • The customer service team takes a long time to resolve issues.
  • Sending and receiving payments from some countries are still not available.
  • Sometimes it takes more than a week to receive payments internationally.
Payoneer is well suited for small to large-scale organizations for sending and receiving payments and establishing business internationally. Because their customer service crew is inexperienced, payment and account-related issues can arise and take a long time to fix. It's also appropriate for individuals or freelancers that need a payment provider that can collect payments from all over the world.
Joaquin Masimelli | TrustRadius Reviewer
Payoneer makes it easy for me to receive dollars and withdraw my income in the currency of my country. I receive my salary every month through this platform, as well as other income I get as a freelancer. It is one of my first choices because unlike PayPal or other competitors I can withdraw the money directly to my bank account.
  • Direct withdrawals to bank account in local currency.
  • Receive money in a variety of currencies.
  • Low fees
  • Receive money from other wallets, such as PayPal or Skrill
  • The payment process is a bit slow
  • Customer service is worse than that of the competition
I consider Payoneer a good alternative to receive international payments wherever you are, as long as you are not in a hurry to use your funds. I have personally used payoneer as a freelancer and selling on ebay, among other things, and I have never had any problems. The ease of withdrawing money directly to a local bank and the low fees are definitely a big plus.
I started using Payoneer about 6 years ago and it is the best payment platform that I've used as a freelancer. They make it very easy for me to receive payment from international clients because they have any currencies that I can use. Therefore, that means that I can easily get paid from clients in many countries. They also make it very easy for me to either withdraw the funds with my very own Payoneer MasterCard or even withdraw the money to my local bank.
  • High security
  • Transfers are very quick
  • Multiple currencies available to work with
  • They provide your very own MasterCard
  • Sometimes when you reach out to customer service can are not able to provide information without escalating
  • Other departments are not available to provide live assistance you have to wait for an email most times
I started using Payoneer mainly because I worked on Upwork. This was the easiest way to get paid. Once Upwork processes the payment I'd have it on my account in a couple of minutes. Not only is Payoneer suited for Upwork but it works really well for my other clients because they provide us with banking information for banks that are in these countries.
AAKIF SHAIKH | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Payoneer for 4 years, and from my personal experience, I can say that Payoneer is the most reliable source of payment gateway between the vendors and the freelancers. I have been receiving money from different UHRS vendors and also from Tester sites like Digivante without any hassle and tax deductions. The registration process is also very quick and simple, and my account got verified within an hour, which is the best part I liked about Payoneer. With Payoneer, I can receive the money from anywhere and in any currency whether it is USD, GBP, EURO, or other forms of currency, and upon receiving my money in my Payoneer account it gets deposited in my bank account within 24 hours without charging any commissions. Upon referring Payoneer to a friend or colleagues, we can also earn through their first transactions, hence I can say that is an all-rounder earning platform.
  • Quick and simple registration process, and account verification within an hour.
  • Can receive money from anywhere and in all currencies like USD, GBP, EURO, etc.
  • No tax deductions and commissions charges, all the transactions are done in a clear and crystal manner.
  • Almost all freelancing sites have Payoneer as a payment option, hence we can use it on all freelancing and UHRS vendor sites.
  • Payoneer doesn't allow both receiving and sending accounts in a single application, hence needs to make a different account for receiving the money and sending the money to someone.
Whenever I get free time after working hours, I work as a freelancer for different UHRS vendors like Clickworker, Teamwork, and testing sites like Digivante, and all the websites use Payoneer as their payment option. Hence, I can say that Payoneer is the global payment gateway for receiving our money from any country by just sitting at home. The transaction process is also very secure and I didn't face any transaction problems till now. However, the only problem is I need to create different accounts for receiving the money and sending the money. internationally.
Since we are an Artificial Intelligence marketing agency we have clients all over the world and we use Payoneer to receive payments from clients across the globe. It is very straightforward and does not require too much of formalities to sign up. The client also has the flexibility to pay in any currency.
  • It is very well accepted world wide and also accepts more than 150 currencies.
  • A decent and nominal exchange rates of currency as compared to similar platforms like PayPal.
  • I can keep track of all the transactions, payments, balance, etc using Payoneer.
  • It is because of Payoneer we can grow our business globally.
  • Freelancers find it difficult to use Payoneer as it only accepts registered business entity names.
  • The process of transfer of payments is slow as compared to Paypal and sometimes it takes 3-4 days in getting the payments.
  • The customer service of Payoneer is not up to the mark and I think it should need drastic improvements.
Payoneer is well suited for a registered business, particularly for companies that are into digital marketing. Since it is accepted in more than 150 countries that's why can give wings to your business. It is of no use if you have a local business like a retail or E-commerce business at the national level.
Prakul Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
Payoneer is used as a payment gateway if I want to receive any remuneration done by any foreigner. Usually, we get it from clients located in the Asia Pacific region. It is a very useful tool for us as we receive full payment (without deduction of commission) from clients situated in any part of the world. For clients, it is beneficial as he can pay us in any currency he wants.
  • The best part of Payoneer is that there is no deduction of any commissions like we have in PayPal.
  • I always get notifications regarding the remuneration which helps me in tracking my money.
  • The payments gets automatically transfer to my bank account without any hassle.
  • The conversion rate of the currency is higher than other payment tools like PayPal.
  • The process of getting payment is a little bit complex in Payoneer as compared to PayPal.
  • Receiving of payments takes a very long time and it's not instant.
  • The customer service of Payoneer is not up to the mark and it takes a very long time to resolve simple issues.
Payoneer is well suited for any person or entity who works for international customers or clients, particularly for freelancers. It is well accepted in almost 150 countries. However, the process of getting payments is very slow using this gateway and you have to wait for 4-7 business days to get it. Also, there is an upper limit of $1000 for receiving a payment which I think is a drawback.
Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started to use Payoneer in 2014 as an international payment platform to receive our book sales royalties from Amazon. This has made the process of collecting royalties much more effective and much more rapid. Instead of waiting for checks or having to set up an international bank account in various countries, Payoneer was the simplest solution for us. A simple platform to collect royalties from different parts of the world.
  • Receive royalties from book sales on Amazon
  • Transfer royalties payment to our local bank account
  • Debit card to use funds in our wallet
  • Simple and easy to use user interface
  • Collect in multiple currencies
  • Continue to provide a range of integrated services related to financial transactions and internal payments
Payoneer has been a game-changer for us to collect book royalties from sales on Amazon. The process to set up an account was easy and it worked really well and effectively. Was used to take more time and hassle was automated and the reporting was also very helpful for tax purposes.
Brandt Muthoni | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's simple to shop online and sending payments for goods and services with Payoneer.It's possible to withdraw money from banks using this tool.I integrate Payoneer with accounting software hence ease of accepting online payments.
  • It's simple to send and receive funds online with Payoneer.
  • Ease to track payments transactions.
  • Secure and fast to use.
  • Ease of converting money to multiple currencies.
  • Ease to add debit and credit cards.
  • It's simple to get started with Payoneer for free and hence I lack anything to complain.
Payoneer is the most preferable tool to pay and get paid online quickly.This tool allows me to withdraw funds from banks quickly.It's very secure thus preventing fraudsters.
Through Payoneer's API, we seamlessly [integrate] payouts within our current business flow, enabling merchants to easily receive disbursements in local currency. It is one of the top mobile applications in both the Android shopping and iPhone Lifestyle categories. Optimizes the consumer shopping experience by effectively connecting users to sellers with relevant products.
  • Provides a quick, easy and compliant way to receive funds no matter [what] we are in the world.
  • Provides multiple ways to withdrawal funds in local currency.
  • Makes the selling process as easy as possible.
  • Built-in invoice maker is something that can be helpful to be user.
Payoneer's customer support, with 24/7 multilingual customer support is the major benefit compared to other payments options. Furthermore, Payoneer has significantly reduced [its] costs compared to other payment providers.
H. M. Niaz MORSHED | TrustRadius Reviewer
As I was working on Fiverr as a freelancer, I needed a secure payment system worldwide. Payoneer helped consistently in receiving payment from worldwide. Now in this pandemic situation Payoneer helps a thousand like me in receiving payments from all over the world. Now in the present working organization, it's being used by only our department. Basically, it helps us in receiving payments from one another in a cost-free way.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Trustworthy, secure way to transaction.
  • Speedy processing of payments from anywhere in the world.
  • Provide free Mastercard (prepaid) to withdraw cash from different places.
  • Currency exchange is easy and rate is affordable.
  • Excellent customer support.
  • For a large scale of transactions the rate is too high.
  • Sometimes it takes too much time to reply from the customer care.
  • Good speed of bandwidth needed sometimes to get logged in.
Freelancers working on different sites like Fiverr, people per hour, Upwork etc. are best suited for Payoneer. Also it suits in small transaction of money as its the quicksets as well as simplest way of transacting money from one place to another. For large businesses like industries or factories where you need to transact millions of dollars , there's it seems little bit less appropriate.
Alex Charles | TrustRadius Reviewer
Overall, it’s one of the best possible solutions available to receive international remittance and convert that remittance into the local country's currency easily. It needs a lot of upgrades in the system, and support staff needs to be more educated and must be available during business hours to respond to the customers' queries. Users can transfer their international remittance to their respective banking accounts. And their setup does not require a lot of identity verifications.
  • Payoneer offers a reliable and safe method of accepting money from outside of the country.
  • It helps in making international transactions easily and users can use that money anytime anywhere.
  • They have a security system which allows users to use their Payoneer to pay their bills online by just connecting it with the relevant website.
  • It also allows users to transfer their money to any of their relevant banking options without any complexity.
  • The biggest drawback that Payoneer has is that it does not allow users to use their money if it is from any non-registered business, which is the major drawback.
  • The second major drawback that Payoneer has is that its support system is not up to snuff. They do not even know about their own system flaws.
  • Really terrible approach to the customer queries and does not respond on time if the user having any difficulty in sending or receiving payments.
Payoneer is one of the leading payment methods used internationally by the big e-commerce markets and organizations. It is the best platform that enables organizations to connect to businesses, countries, and currencies with its innovative UI and cross-border payment platform. The main feature that makes Payoneer stand out from others is that they have cards for their users, which allows users to have cashless use of money by using the card anywhere by just scanning.
Sarah Lightman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Payoneer to help collect mechanical royalties through the Publisher SongTrust. It helps me collect any remaining moneys owed after a fiscal year of streaming, licensing, and commercial use of my songs. It's being used by me and is part of Song Trust's payment plan. This is all related to music releases and music industry accounting.
  • Easy to set up
  • Easy to track payments and history
  • Helps offer additional resources to help self educate
  • I'd love if they could email me a monthly statement to help me keep track
  • Been having some trouble logging in lately, if there was more password help that be great!
For collecting royalties, payroll with third parties and the like it's definitely a great tool to make sure employees are paid. It's great for independent contractors with business partnerships, and as a musician it's great to help collect music royalties. It probably isn't as necessary for someone who doesn't own their own business, such as an employee under an employer who uses ADP or another form of payroll.
Payoneer helps us to get hold of finances in distinctive currencies. It made our process less complicated and as well satisfying our accountant. With Payoneer's capabilities, it made my online pricing a whole lot extra simpler and it will increase the reliability of online transactions.
  • Payoneer gives every new user free credit card and delivered it free of charge.
  • Payoneer gives 3 international bank accounts, USA, UK, and Canada to accept money in different currencies.
  • Payoneer tends to accept payment worldwide unlike PayPal.
  • Payoneer is not supported by some online companies to receive payment.
  • It could be little slow to load sometimes.
  • Account creation takes time to be completed which is frustrating.
Payoneer offers every user three different bank accounts which is very helpful for internet marketers. While some people use these bank account to sign up to a website that is not supported in their country e.g PayPal.
I gave Payoneer these ratings because of it reliability and the support that it users get from it. Payoneer support literally every country and has low charge of international transactions which is very helpful to new online marketers.