June 05, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
We use RMail internally and for our clients. We are a managed service provider to dentists, who have to abide by HIPAA regulations. RMail is the way we prefer to send encrypted email compliantly and securely. It's very easy to use, since it plugs into Outlook or Gmail through Chrome, and it works in all of our dental practices, as well as for our own internal use.
- Read receipts tell you the time a message was actually opened
- The electronic signature feature is nice, and usually not included with these types of services
- Many times, a recipient doesn't need a password to open their email. RMail leverages TLS technology in most cases
- Recipients do have the option of creating an account, but generally they don't need to
- Outlook integration is very easy to set up
- Gmail integration within Chrome is pretty amazing
- I think the support is a little impersonal. You never get a name, it's always signed "Rpost Support"
- Sometimes RMail doesn't work with third party apps that utilize Outlook to send messages.
Read Dan Gospe's full review
RMail is perfect if you are looking for HIPAA complaint way to send patient information securely. The tracking of each message is required by HIPAA, and it is also supplied by RMail. Also, you can submit an email for electronic signature, which saves a ton of time waiting for snail-mail. Our clients tend to love RMail, because they're usually changing from something else that ends up generating a lot of calls from people who can't open their emails - RMail solves this by utilizing the TLS technology