DocuSign Will Save You Time

$15

DocuSign for Realtors

$35

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.docusign.com/products-and…

What is DocuSign?

DocuSign states its mission is to accelerate business and simplify life for companies and people around the world.

DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time.

Legacy, paper-based agreement processes are manual, slow, expensive, and error-prone. So DocuSign aims to eliminate the paper, automate the process, and connect it to all the other systems that businesses are already using.

The vendor states their platform has 350+ prebuilt integrations with popular business apps. In addition, its API enables embedding and connecting DocuSign with customers’ websites, mobile apps, and custom workflows. They boast more than 500,000 customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries, using DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and to simplify people's lives.

DocuSign Screenshots

DocuSign Video

DocuSign eSignature: How it Works

DocuSign Integrations

DocuSign Competitors

DocuSign Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone
Supported CountriesSingapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Unites States, United Kindom, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, Vietnam, Romania, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, Czech Republic, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Italy, Indonesia, Israel, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Germany, Guatemala, Hungry, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia

Alternatives

What is DocuSign?

DocuSign supports transactions with document sharing and electronic signature, as well as automated and guided data collection and entry, record updating across disparate systems and payment collection upon agreement, as well as analytics and reporting.

What is DocuSign's best feature?

Reviewers rate Availability and Performance and Implementation Rating highest, with a score of 10.

Who uses DocuSign?

The most common users of DocuSign are from Mid-size Companies and the Computer Software industry.

Terri Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire organization uses DocuSign. Even before the restrictions that Covid-19 imposed (we did not have a physical office location), we used DocuSign across the entire organization. It's so quick and easy to use.
  • Easy to send documents for signature and notify other parties when the document is sent as well as when the document has been signed.
  • The comment and notes section is something we rely on, so the signer knows what they are signing and that it's been reviewed by our legal and finance teams.
  • I honestly haven't noticed anything additional that I would request from DocuSign. I use DocuSign at least 10+ times per day and have not had a glitch or issue yet.
DocuSign is well suited to any scenario where electronic signatures are accepted and when it's difficult to obtain a wet signature. Most businesses have gotten up speed with e-signatures and even in closing documents for M&A work, we're now able to close with e-signatures. All of our commercial contracts are signed via Docusign.
We use DocuSign to interface with other software and applications, so that we can send documents to be signed through our systems, without having to open up DocuSign on a separate page. The interface would do that in the background. The problem is not with to functionality of the product. That works well.
  • interface with other products
  • track signing
  • my account was upgraded without my permission and a significantly higher rate auto debited from my account monthly
  • when I called to inquire, the system would demand my account number before I could speak to a representative, shortly after a recording would come on and say that there was no one to answer my call. This happened at 9am, 10am and afternoon
  • Going online to request tech support, you need to submit a ticket request. I tried this after not being able to reach anyone over the phone. A couple of things. 1. they make it overly complicated, obviously trying to detour folks from submitting a request. 2. when I found where to change my plan, the button was greyed out and I couldn't change my plan.
  • 90% of what the website had listed under the support tab was password related. There wasn't anything about account questions. I was able to navigate through support questions to find how to "change my account". This doesn't straighten out the issue of the months I was being charged almost 3x what I had signed up for, but I'll see if I can waste more valuable time to figure that out later. For now, just trying to change my account back. The directions say that I need to go to account settings under the top navigation bar. I actually didn't have that option. The directions say that if you don't have that option then you're not the account owner. I am the only user, and the funds are coming out of my account monthly. Unbelievable. One might think that all of this is intentional on DocuSign's part.
As I've stated in previous sections of this review, the problem isn't with the product, it's with the lack of customer service available both online and over the phone. After being overcharged for months and trying to get in touch with someone to resolve the issue with no luck and wasting hours of time, I'm writing this review. Multiple phone calls to DocuSign, navigating through the prerecorded system, the phone system hung up on me stating that "there was no one to answer my call". Then navigating through the "Support" section of their website and getting nowhere. Tring to start a "service ticket", but where they keep redirecting me to Q&A section that doesn't answer my question or solve the issue. I'm supposed to be able to go to the "Settings" drop down on the top navigation bar, but it isn't available on my account, even though, I only have one account, one user (me), and they're charging ME each month. I'm blown away with how issues are being handled by DocuSign. First with upgrading my account without checking with me 1st. I'm the ONLY user, and I haven't done anything different than I normally have for years. But, of course, I'm lost with all of this, because I haven't been able to talk to anyone! Bottom line, they lost a customer. There are other options, and [my prior experiences] left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I'm not dealing with [them] any longer.
Denitra McGraw | TrustRadius Reviewer
Its being used by a dept. Recruiting and onboarding
  • Clear on where to sign
  • Easy to access
  • User Friendly
  • The email after your done signing to invite me to join - Its confusing. It always makes me feel as if I may have missed a step.
  • Bigger Page to express being DONE
I am a trucking company and it allows for me to send docs anywhere in the US.
Erin Gracyalny | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used DocuSign across the sales organization to send customers order forms, contracts, NDAs, etc. It addressed the need to have valid digital signatures applied to a variety of legal documents. Also used DocuSign for internal employee documents such as stock option grants, onboarding documentation, quarterly bonus documentation, etc.
  • Easy workflow
  • Valid digital signatures
  • Variety of signature/field options
  • More template options
DocuSign is an excellent enterprise-grade tool. Sometimes, for smaller companies, it may be a bit too much functionality than what is needed. However, with DocuSign as the primary or only digital signature tool, you would be fully equipped with all of the different options you may need.
We use DocuSign for everything HR, including onboarding, attrition, promotions and other use cases. The business problems that DocuSign solves for is the ability for a candidate or a current employee to sign the required documentation pretty much no matter where they are. The digital audit trail is also something that solves for problems like lost paperwork, etc.
  • Easy to manage, super easy to see the status of each one of your Envelopes in the manage tab
  • The certificate of completion. This is a legally binding document that shows date/time stamp, name of signer, email and IP address. Pretty nice to have an enforceable document housed with all of your contracts in one place.
  • The correct feature. This feature can save you from wasting an 'Envelope' which are pricey. If you aren't familiar with that feature you really should, it could save you time, money and frustration.
  • Support team is not super helpful. Most of the time it's just a link to an article that they send you that doesn't address the issue. All the while you've searched Google before contacting support with no luck in finding the answer.
  • Shuffling of Account Managers, some consistency with one sales team over a longer period would be nice. Instead, it's a constant shuffle of new people and it's very easy to get mixed messaging, getting contacted back and misalignment of prior sales team and new sales team at DocuSign.
DocuSign is great for so many use cases. I've closed on a home and signed my documents on my phone in the Phoenix airport, it was awesome. I think it's very appropriate for the low hanging use cases, no doubt about it. And now more than ever the use of DocuSign for onboarding is so valuable, we love it.
Several departments use Docusign. Docusign allows us to have [a] secure web-based signature collection instead of relying on access to notaries, fax machines, scanners, or other means of relaying hard signatures. The electronic signature also opens up more doors for accessibility such as mobile and for customers/clients who do not have access to those means.
  • Ease of signature collection effort (fewer steps, fewer location/technology/knowledge requirements)
  • Speed of signature collection (from transmission to signature to receipt of signature)
  • Ease of user account management (administrative function)
  • Tracking, particularly when collecting signatures through connected applications, such as an ATS, is not always clean or easily traceable.
  • Formatting documents to handle electronic signature types (signatures, initials, etc.) is not always easy, and highly dependent on the partner's technology.
  • It is not convenient to have to use DocuSign as a stand alone product if the signatures are required for 3rd party applications. It definitely excels on its own, but the scope of that usage, at least for us, is slim.
This [software] is [amazingly] helpful in any situation requiring a signature. Legal departments, Human Resources departments, Procurement, Auditing, Recruiting, etc. There are tremendous application possibilities.
  • Online training
Service is fast and courteous. There is not a lot more to say beyond that.
We primarily utilize Docusign internally to electronically sign documents, agreements, and contracts.

A major goal of our company is to be as paperless as possible so DocuSign allows us the opportunity to work towards this goal by allowing documents to be signed electronically.

It also helps to prevent documents having to be printed out for signature and kept in a physical file folder or being lost/stolen/etc. Just safer to enable electronic signatures, especially with sensitive documents.
  • Electronic signature
  • Digital document management
  • Seamless sharing and updating
  • More flexibility with e-signature options
  • Larger viewscreen so I can fully read a document before signing
It's hard to really think of an inappropriate situation for DocuSign, especially in the world we live in now. It's harder to see people in person thus harder to get hand signed documents. Plus, why go through all the rigmarole of hand-signing a document? Printing, signing, sending back, scanning, that's a lot of work compared to e-mail, e-sign, auto-send the document back. Just makes more sense in a remote world. For example, I don't even have a printer at home so if I needed to print work documents, I wouldn't have any way of doing so. Just so much easier to open up DocuSign and sign off that way.
November 04, 2021

DocuSign makes work easy

Docusign is being used at an organization level. It does help us with a lot of things like easy to put signatures, tracking the record of signatures .It does solve a lot of problems as because of this pandemic it is not preferable to meet everyone these days and people are working from home and getting the documents signed has been a difficult process but with DOcusign it becomes very easy to get the signatures.
  • Fast signatures
  • Tracking of signatures
  • Can view all signed documents
  • Signature groups can be created
  • Slow process
  • Quite expensive
  • Bad customer service
  • No good FAQ's mentioned for help
DOcusign is well suited for people working from home and it a reliable solution as it does send reminder to all the parties to complete the work asap.
To sign contracts grants and legal documents with state agencies and clients.
  • Sales- they call you and call you to see if there is anything they can do to get you to upgrade your account
  • [In my experience] customer service is impossible to talk to. [I feel] there are way too many hoops to jump through before being able to contact someone.
  • [I felt] it was near impossible to cancel or downgrade an account through customer service or the software, it [sent me] in loops and [didn't] work to cancel.
  • Customer Service, [I feel], does not follow through with cancellations or downgrades even if they tell you it will be taken care of. I even got a phone call from the sales guy and I verified we didn't need it for a while. They told me it would be canceled but it wasn't.
  • [In my experience] getting a refund for a charge they shouldn't have charged will take upwards of an hour and will require you to wait 10- 14 days plus your bank processing time to receive.
I wouldn't ever use DocuSign. My time is valuable. I don't need salespeople bombarding me with phone calls and emails. Their service [in my opinion] isn't worth the cost.
Matthew McGinnis | TrustRadius Reviewer
DocuSign is used at G3 across the entire organization which saves us from the waste of time and the material task of printing out documents to sign, scan and email back to yourself before returning the signed document back to the other party. We love the Admin feature which consolidates signature control to one person while allowing approved people to sign documents.
  • Signing documents
  • Administrator control over all users and signatures
  • Signature logs to review all signed documents across the organization
  • The ability to create signature groups for specific tasks
  • Somewhat expensive as Adobe has a free version to sign documents now
  • DocuSign is slow sometimes
  • DocuSign is a little difficult to setup up across an organization with many users
Overall DocuSign is a great piece of software that allows fast and secure signatures with easy-to-track logging to know who and when a document has been signed. It also provides history on all changes to a document with each person the document is shared with for signature. It also integrates with several other programs which just increases the ease of use for DocuSign.
Mallorie Kragt | TrustRadius Reviewer
[DocuSign] is used by real estate professionals to share purchase agreements and any documents that need to be signed but cannot be done in person. It is also used by title companies and administrators to share documents that need to be signed in a timely fashion by buyers, sellers, agent and lenders.
  • Quickly share documents between agents
  • Allow for electronic signatures instead of having to chase around clients
  • Being able to send to multiple people at the same time which I am plus time being spent calling and emailing people
  • The mobile functionality is not always easy to use
  • Having to the visual boxes for everything that needs to be filled in is time consuming
  • Having to create an account is inconvenient
It's great to have DocuSign when you need to send a client a purchase agreement and disclosures to sign but don't have the time to do it in person or you don't have a printer and scanner to used to attain the documents. It looks it very easy to send things on the go
Dave Bevington | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use DocuSign for employment contracts signing non disclosure agreements and internal employment contracts, it's a great tool! Contactless, and I have never had a single solitary issue when using DocuSign. I can heartily recommend it as a customer too as I have used it to purchase real estate multiple times.
  • EASY and user friendly.
  • Fast and reliable.
  • Saves the environment.
  • It is a little expensive.
When you are in a hurry and on the go DocuSign is a life saver. I hate filing, so having a reliable digital solution is a game changer. Digital is the new normal and there is zero waste making it so much better for the environment. It's also insanely easy to use, my own mother could use it!
Krystofer Gardner | TrustRadius Reviewer
DocuSign is used in the organization for all signature requirements; we do not do any paper signatures anymore unless the external party requires wet ink signatures (e.g. lending institutions). DocuSign helped solve the speed of document signatures, approvals processes, and tracking of contracts. As example, DocuSign is used for all of the following use cases within our organization: onboarding communication and progress documentation, new hire paperwork, payment requests, payment authorizations, client contracts, vendor contracts, client billing submissions, and more.
  • Easy to use user interface (both sending and receiving)
  • Integrations with other platforms (e.g. Box, Google Drive, etc.)
  • Enterprise admin control is robust
  • Robust functionality
  • Can get expensive
If you are a medium to large business that is seeking a digital signature platform, and want process efficiency through the use of templates and integrations, DocuSign will knock it out of the park. However, if you are only sending a couple of documents for signature each month, DocuSign likely has too much functionality and will be too high priced.
January 29, 2021

Terrible Bait & Switch

Robert Bridgham | TrustRadius Reviewer
We implemented DocuSign to help customers sign contracts for service with our organization without having to have printed paper contracts. The application is integrated into our CRM and GL system so we can streamline our onboarding process.
  • Decent user interface
  • Large user base making it well known
  • Fairly easy to put a contract in and create the fields for signatures and fill-in.
  • The hidden costs once you exceed 100 envelopes is INSANE.
  • The hidden costs when wanting to integrate it with their API is ABSURD
  • The aggressive nature of their account managers & high-pressure to sign expensive unexpected renewals is terrible.
DocuSign is great if you are only need a few contracts signed / year. Anything more than the most occasional use is cost prohibitive and almost extortive.
Jeanette Carroll | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use DocuSign mainly in sales and marketing. We send all agreements and contracts, as well as other documents that need fields completed and signatures. We have two users who use it most. DocuSign addresses the issue of having to print, sign, scan, and return documents. It makes it easy to send once to all signing parties and then each party receives a final signed copy. No fuss. It saves time and makes the process of signing anything more efficient and streamlined.
  • Allows me to create templates that are used often, like agreements
  • Fields are easy to add and customize
  • DocuSign manages the process and sends reminders to parties to complete
  • Takes the stress of managing signatures and processes off me
  • It would be nice to be able to mass send documents to multiple people that have to sign individual documents instead of sending a document to each one
I think DocuSign is well suited to most businesses. It can even be used by individuals that want to have anything signed. I dont' think it has to be exclusive to businesses.
Pranav Lal | TrustRadius Reviewer
DocuSign is used company wide. It is used by almost all departments for vendors, customers, internal stakeholders and HR related items. Sales, Legal, Finance are the main departments.
We use it for getting e-signatures for Order forms, MSAs and legal documents. With its integration with Salesforce, we can automate a lot of the sending process and automatically storing it in Salesforce when the document is signed.
  • E-signature - Used worldwide for getting e-signatures
  • Customization
  • Templates
  • Integration
  • Security
  • Its user provisioning process with Salesforce CPQ where user provisioning is still not supported via SSO. Every time a new user joins and needs to send a DocuSign via CPQ, the user has to be manually setup.
Its great for an enterprise company to have.
You can easily customize it so you can give users the right level of access that is needed.
It has great options of sending and receiving data back.
It integrates very well with Salesforce and saves a lot of time if you can utilize all features like templates and mapping and tags.

The scenario where it cannot be used in is where countries dont accept DocuSign as a legal binding process. There is nothing that DocuSign can do about that but you will need to setup a process where you can get the forms back and store them in a way where they can be accessed by the right people.
Shanna Kostopulos | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses DocuSign to send electronic retainers to our clients so that we may represent them in various areas of our law practice. Since we operate in different areas of law, we have different agreement documents that must be sent out and completed by each individual client.
  • Makes it easy to generate and send docs to clients.
  • Easy for clients to sign.
  • Allows multiple documents to be sent.
  • Allows a variety of document templates to be created and stored.
  • Creates an electronic paper trail.
  • Easy to stay organized.
  • Make documents textable.
  • Create an HTML link to sign or review docs.
  • Create feature that allows users to create end store e-signature.
I would recommend DocuSign because it saves time and money. You don’t have to worry about sending a document to your client and never receiving it back. You don’t have to pay for postage and use unreliable snail mail services. It’s easy to follow up on the document and keep track of it.
Cassidy Ebert | TrustRadius Reviewer
DocuSign has been a lifesaver during the pandemic. In my job, we have lots of papers we either need to sign or get signed. Since we have been working from home for over a year now, it has been difficult to get the signatures we needed. DocuSign solves that problem for us. It is an easy way to send documents over to other employees for them to sign. Also, a lot of people in my office are unaware of how to use a fax machine, so this makes it much simpler for people like us.
  • Accomplishes the goal of getting things signed
  • Can be internal or external
  • Eliminates use of fax machine
It is perfect for situations where you cannot be with someone in person. It is also great for when you need to highlight certain parts of the document for someone else to see. It is helpful if you do not have a fax machine. It is also much better than sending over photos of documents, which can often be unclear or upside down!
Arcoma L. Lambert | TrustRadius Reviewer
Perfect for the investor and wholesaler. This platform gives an easy to use e-sign experience with quick and trusted responses. Our title company uses it for clients who are not very savvy about e-sign and they can easily get their documents finalized for closing. I use the non-branded version for my own investing.
  • Simple design
  • Flexible
  • Document tracking
  • Email when a document is done
  • Templates are very simple to use but not transferrable
I recommend DocuSign to all investors. They are able to get paperwork to the seller quickly and easily so they can get ahead of any other competitor. The platform is affordable, easy to use, versatile, and customizable. If they can get one more deal per year, it is worth it, but I think they can get several with the ease of use with this software.
DocuSign was used by the billing department to complete supplier paperwork that customers needed to have us submit to them. It helps us in the administrative side of work to complete paperwork quickly, correctly and efficiently.
  • Complete paperwork easily
  • Sign paperwork easily
  • Submit paperwork to supplier easily
  • Simple Sign in process
  • Seeing previous documents signed
DocuSign is well suited to submit supplier paperwork easily to a customer and have paperwork completed easily over the computer and efficiently sent in a timely manner.
Liz Duffié | TrustRadius Reviewer
DocuSign is used for HR related documents to streamline onboarding, offboarding and any other policy related documentation
  • Easy use for external signers
  • Ability to keep templates
  • Keeps copies of all documents
  • Ability for more editing in templates
  • More customizable notifications
I would recommend it, probably the best I've used between all of the other tools out there
Anat Hazanchuk | TrustRadius Reviewer
DocuSign is being used by my organization to get employees to sign off on various documents - primarily by Legal and HR.
  • Keeps documents very organized and easy to find.
  • Makes it easy for individuals to sign records.
  • Everything is digitalized for you - no more digging for papers.
DocuSign is a great software to use when getting signatures from multiple parties. It makes it easy to upload documents, customize where individuals need to sign, and email the appropriate parties. To manage or access your documents, simply log in to your account and they are all hosted there for you - no running around the house digging for papers you don't remember where you placed.
April 02, 2021

DocuSign Review

My organization was previously using DocuSign to send Offer Letters to Applicants. It was also used to send other HR documents that we needed signatures on.
  • The ability to get a quick response from applicants was a major pro of DocuSign.
  • The fact that the document that you receive back is a Legal Document was also a major plus.
  • I really like the Cloud Archive feature, where you can access old documents.
  • I would prefer is the documents were in ADOBE Format.
  • My applicants were sometimes unfamiliar with DocuSign so they did not know how to use.
  • DocuSign documents would at times go to applicants spam boxes, which was very frustrating.
DocuSign was well suit[ed] for offer letters. Candidates know its coming and look out for it. There were times where the DocuSign would go to the spam folder of emails, and candidates had to work to get it out of that folder before they could open to sign.
We use DocuSign in our Human Resources Department. We use this program for mainly two purposes: We remotely onboard our employees, so we use it as a way to communicate our company policy and confirm the employees’ understanding of it. We also use it as a way for staff to communicate with us through creating interactive forms that allow employees to communicate important information to us and apply for different opportunities like transfers.
  • Virtual signing with authenticated serial numbers
  • Automated reminders and deadlines
  • Easy confirmation to all parties when completed
  • Multi-user signing supported
  • Cloud storage and management
  • Clarity on pricing and packages
  • Ability to control which party receives copies of the finalized document
  • User interface
DocuSign is very useful for signing documents, communicating policy changes, and allowing employees to submit applications for benefits and development.

DocuSign is less useful if you have a situation where there are multiple parties who need to complete a document but not all parties should receive a copy of the final document.

DocuSign may also be problematic in terms of cost. The first 12 months, you will have the opportunity to choose a generalized package with a monthly fee. After 12 months, DocuSign will require you to change to a package based on usage. This is not communicated effectively when signing-up and can could come as a shock depending on how much your organization will use it.
We use DocuSign to send contracts within the company to have signed. It helps with organizing multiple parties with less follow ups. I also enjoy the fact that DocuSign saves the signed documents and contracts within the system. This part is extremely useful when needed to go back to review a previous contract.
  • Saves documents within its system to revisit
  • Sends an email to the party that the signature is requested from
  • Saves the signature for each user account to avoid writing it multiple times.
  • I dislike that links expire and sometimes the admin must resend a new one
  • Sometimes the other party doesn't always get the e-mail
DocuSign is perfect for companies that require contracts to be sent out to multiple parties. The system works well to organize groups of people, save the documents in an organized fashion as well as make the signature process streamlined by having signatures pre-saved for the individual. The system would not work for organizations that do not work with vendors or don't have a need for contracts and legal document organizing.