Score 8.2 out of 10

What is DocuSign?

DocuSign supports transactions with document sharing and electronic signature, as well as automated and guided data collection and entry, record updating across disparate systems and payment collection upon agreement, as well as analytics and reporting.

June 22, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of DocuSign, and make your voice heard!

Personal

$15

Real Starter

$15

DocuSign for Realtors

$35

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.docusign.com/products-and…

Product Demos

DocuSign eSignature: How it Works
01:19
Best Contract Platforms for E-Signatures? (PandaDoc, signNow, DocuSign)
04:17

What is DocuSign?

DocuSign states its mission is to accelerate business and simplify life for companies and people around the world.

DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time.

Legacy, paper-based agreement processes are manual, slow, expensive, and error-prone. So DocuSign aims to eliminate the paper, automate the process, and connect it to all the other systems that businesses are already using.

The vendor states their platform has 350+ prebuilt integrations with popular business apps. In addition, its API enables embedding and connecting DocuSign with customers’ websites, mobile apps, and custom workflows. They boast more than 500,000 customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries, using DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and to simplify people's lives.

DocuSign Screenshots

Screenshot of Screenshot of Screenshot of

DocuSign Videos

DocuSign eSignature: How it Works
Whether you are an independent contractor, sole proprietor, small business, medium-sized business, or large enterprise - digital contract management platforms are designed to keep you on schedule with agreements as well as organized should you ever need to refer back to a cont...

DocuSign Competitors

DocuSign Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone
Supported CountriesSingapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Unites States, United Kindom, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, Vietnam, Romania, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, Czech Republic, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Italy, Indonesia, Israel, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Germany, Guatemala, Hungry, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia

PandaDoc, Dropbox Sign, and Citrix RightSignature are common alternatives for DocuSign.

Reviewers rate Availability and Performance and Implementation Rating highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of DocuSign are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

Clayton Graham | TrustRadius Reviewer
DocuSign allows for all of our sales and customer success team members to easily facilitate additions or adjustments to their contracted agreements. Mobile use is great. Changing signers seems like it could be a bit more simple/self-explanatory, but great interface and highly customizable fields and configurations.
  • Easy to use alongside Salesforce
  • Great mobile experience
  • Good alerts
  • Ease of changing signers.
  • Changing an existing signer to a new role is difficult or maybe impossible without voiding and resending.
DocuSign is great for my sales role.
January 11, 2023

DocuSign Review

Emily Wallace | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use DocuSign across our entire business of 12,000+, including Support Offices, Stores, and Distribution Centres. It enables efficient management of legal documents and other paperwork, and verified signatures, while reducing our carbon footprint.

We utilise DocuSign for:
  • Contract management, including new start onboarding and internal mobility.
  • Contractor management.
  • Administrative paperwork completion, including payroll forms, supplier negotiations, recruitment approvals.
  • Digital signing
  • Template setup
  • Powerforms automation
  • Acceptance compliance verification
  • Envelope transfers between DocuSign accounts
  • Bulk envelope transfers
Well suited to repetitive use of the same documents by utilising templates, which can be set up to preferences.
Drawback on looking 100% professional due to difficulty in aligning tags with existing word text.
November 24, 2022

Easy E-Signature tool

Shrina Jain | TrustRadius Reviewer
My Company uses Docu Sign software to get Digital sgnature from our partners and vendors for various documents like partnership agreements, W8 forms and Serive oders forms
We are a Saas company and this is a very uselful software for any digital signature. DocuSign also helps us ensure that nobody is making any changes to the content and ensure that only right designation person is signing the document
  • Digital signature
  • Getting signs of verifird Email ID
  • Ensures there is no changes made in the doculent
  • Can improve the way bulk form works
  • Tech support is slow
  • Expensive system
Docusign is a great solution if you are looking for features like Document review and digital signature on softwares like contracts, agreements or other Forms. We can get our documents digitially signed instead of waitng for some one to manually sign it and keep a printed record.
Docusign will help us send a signed copy to both the signing parties and anyone who is there in the loop to keep easy records
November 22, 2022

Salesperson's best friend

Sean Mir | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization uses it across our entire Sales team to execute addendums and order forms. The visibility it provides for the seller is crucial to ensure our customers are receiving and viewing our contacts in a timely manner. The ease of use it provides our customers also ensures no obstacles in getting our agreements returned.
  • Save Contacts
  • Easily updating or correcting agreements
  • Visibility
  • Better organization of Comment Section
  • Send Notes
  • Better storage management
I just love the ability to be able to resend the DocuSigns rather than send an email directly to the customers. This allows me to be a bit more aggressive or persistent as a sales rep and has dramatically increased my contract return time.
DocuSign is used in various ways at our company. From documents we send out to all the board members to sign and submit to signing up for certain services at our office. We also will use DocuSign for state documents needed for insurance and liability-related contracts. We have also been sent documents by other businesses for our signature as well.
  • Allows signatures to be collected from all over and not just one location
  • Speeds up document turn overs when there is a time crunch
  • Allows privacy when needed
  • We have been seeing a lot of concern in the "running out of envelope" feature; this is not real clear to most that there is a limit to how many documents can be sent out
  • I would like the option to purchase more envelopes to be more attainable
  • Can be confusing at times if you are just starting this program
It can be easy and simple to use as well as fast turn around, so for the most part, I would recommend it for its ease and comfort zone when sending out private documents. Each document is password protected, which is a plus.
We purchased Docusign in the pandemic to help us manage contract signature with companies and also with contractors.
  • Electronic signature is good
  • Customer service
  • Dark Ux patterns when you go to unsubscribe
  • Account management
Happy with the document signing functionality - has been fast, efficient and easy to use. But would not use again or recommend due to their terrible customer service, in my experience.
June 22, 2022

Rob Benham | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been with DocuSign since 2015 and I can say they have the worst customer support. I originally wrote a long explanation as to why I feel this way, but I will simply leave it at this: I have written 2 bad Google reviews in my life. It takes a lot for me to call out a company with a horrible review.
  • poor customer support
  • poor plans for the average consumer
  • bait and switch
  • poor management and lack of customer appreciation
  • zero respect for their customers
  • was lied to directly
simply put I feel that DocuSign is so big that they have chosen to care about the bottom line and not the customer. There are many other electronic signature companies that care about their customers. Please research ones that will better suit your needs.
David Patterson-Cole | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use DocuSign to send envelopes (i.e. contracts) for signature by our clients.
  • It's been a terrible experience so far
  • The core product is okay (not great) but the service and pricing are terrible
  • We were constantly passed around between service reps for even the simplest queries. For example, I told them I'm on a web plan and need to upgrade to a corporate plan and they routed me to a new customer AE who only realized after 2 discovery calls and many emails that I had a web plan already, at which point he told me I had to restart the whole process
  • Calls wouldn't be returned and reps would miss scheduled meetings. Booked at 10 am meeting and completely ghosted
  • Next steps/plans would be agreed on and then we would receive an email a day later doing the exact opposite of what we discussed
  • This was all happening while we had an issue with our existing plan so clearly, there was no respect for customer urgency. I could keep going because the list of service issues is honestly too long to write
  • On top of horrible service, they are by far the highest option out of any other companies we spoke to (Adobe, HelloSign, etc.). This is a legacy business going downhill fast and I encourage you to stay far away.
If you work for the government and you are used to working with incredibly bureaucratic and slow-to-respond groups, then maybe Docusign is a good fit.
We run a private online community that requires our members to sign a terms and conditions document. We also used it for service contracts for our live events, and NDAs for our private sub-groups.
  • Easily send documents for signature.
  • Notifications of signed documents.
  • Sending reminders for signature.
  • Pricing - I'll get into this more later.
  • Support - not always great response times.
  • Flexibility - not a lot of room for customization.
If you are an enterprise client where money is no object or a personal user who doesn't send a lot of envelopes, this could work fine for you.

But when you fall between the two, you are at the mercy of their plan limits - both for users and for number of envelopes sent. The price they were going to charge us for what we do made it cost-prohibitive for an organization of our size.
We use DocuSign every day, in every aspect. From signing important loan documents to interoffice signing we have done it all. It is one of the best programs and most user-friendly programs we have. The only thing I would say that I don't particularly "like" is how you have to create an account at the end to save the document. It has never caused an issue for any of us but I could see how some people may not like that. This is one of the best programs on the market in my opinion.
  • bank grade security.
  • World class mobile experience.
  • The turn around time is unreal, instant access.
  • Invalid signature.
  • Sometimes Docusign needs your location.
  • Sometimes Docusign wont send back to originator right away.
I am going to speak of a personal experience- on multiple occasions: I need my husband to sign documents during the day and I don't need him here- physically. He sometimes works in different parts of the state as well at his own company. There is no problem at all, as long as he has access to his cell phone, email, and cell phone service- he can sign the documents I need him to. It is AMAZING- I can't speak highly enough of Docusign.
The National Institute of Health required signed forms using an electronic application and would not accept electronic signatures. That either meant Adobe, which not all of our team members have the full version of or, using a service like DocuSign, HelloSign, etc.
  • Signing forms is easy
  • Easy to email forms for signature
  • Signed forms are accepted by the Government as official
  • The subscription model is poor
  • Needs to offer better one-off solutions
  • Canceling billing is a ridiculous process
I am extremely frustrated with DocuSign. They make it hard to cancel subscriptions, seemingly on purpose. Then when I wrote to their customer support for help with this, they wrote me back and continued to try to make the process "In order to proceed with your request, I will require you to reply to this email with the following information: Written approval. The last four digits of the payment method on file. The billing address related to the payment method on file. Thank you for contacting DocuSign Customer Support. " Why make it that hard? It just seems ridiculous.
Lyle Hopkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
I tried to use DocuSign for contract signing. That's what it's supposed to be good for.

I keep getting errors when I try to upgrade my account. I tried contacting support... it's hard to imagine how their support staff gets away with their behavior. In my experience, useless replies, if they even bother to reply, then they close the chat halfway through. It's really, really bad. Incredibly disappointing.
  • Promoting themselves.
  • Providing bad support.
  • Having bugs.
  • Awful customer support.
  • Bugs
  • No way to close account.
  • Did I mention awful customer support?
I wasn't able to find any scenarios where DocuSign was well suited because, in my opinion, it had too many bugs to use properly. It's supposed to be good for document signing. Particularly when multiple parties are involved. However, that's only if it works. Only if you manage to pay for your account. If you have any issues, only if you manage to get help from their support. I wasn't able to get my account fixed, so I wasn't able to use it for its purpose.
We use DocuSign for everything HR, including onboarding, attrition, promotions and other use cases. The business problems that DocuSign solves for is the ability for a candidate or a current employee to sign the required documentation pretty much no matter where they are. The digital audit trail is also something that solves for problems like lost paperwork, etc.
  • Easy to manage, super easy to see the status of each one of your Envelopes in the manage tab
  • The certificate of completion. This is a legally binding document that shows date/time stamp, name of signer, email and IP address. Pretty nice to have an enforceable document housed with all of your contracts in one place.
  • The correct feature. This feature can save you from wasting an 'Envelope' which are pricey. If you aren't familiar with that feature you really should, it could save you time, money and frustration.
  • Support team is not super helpful. Most of the time it's just a link to an article that they send you that doesn't address the issue. All the while you've searched Google before contacting support with no luck in finding the answer.
  • Shuffling of Account Managers, some consistency with one sales team over a longer period would be nice. Instead, it's a constant shuffle of new people and it's very easy to get mixed messaging, getting contacted back and misalignment of prior sales team and new sales team at DocuSign.
DocuSign is great for so many use cases. I've closed on a home and signed my documents on my phone in the Phoenix airport, it was awesome. I think it's very appropriate for the low hanging use cases, no doubt about it. And now more than ever the use of DocuSign for onboarding is so valuable, we love it.
Terri Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire organization uses DocuSign. Even before the restrictions that Covid-19 imposed (we did not have a physical office location), we used DocuSign across the entire organization. It's so quick and easy to use.
  • Easy to send documents for signature and notify other parties when the document is sent as well as when the document has been signed.
  • The comment and notes section is something we rely on, so the signer knows what they are signing and that it's been reviewed by our legal and finance teams.
  • I honestly haven't noticed anything additional that I would request from DocuSign. I use DocuSign at least 10+ times per day and have not had a glitch or issue yet.
DocuSign is well suited to any scenario where electronic signatures are accepted and when it's difficult to obtain a wet signature. Most businesses have gotten up speed with e-signatures and even in closing documents for M&A work, we're now able to close with e-signatures. All of our commercial contracts are signed via Docusign.
Denitra McGraw | TrustRadius Reviewer
Its being used by a dept. Recruiting and onboarding
  • Clear on where to sign
  • Easy to access
  • User Friendly
  • The email after your done signing to invite me to join - Its confusing. It always makes me feel as if I may have missed a step.
  • Bigger Page to express being DONE
I am a trucking company and it allows for me to send docs anywhere in the US.
November 04, 2021

DocuSign makes work easy

Docusign is being used at an organization level. It does help us with a lot of things like easy to put signatures, tracking the record of signatures .It does solve a lot of problems as because of this pandemic it is not preferable to meet everyone these days and people are working from home and getting the documents signed has been a difficult process but with DOcusign it becomes very easy to get the signatures.
  • Fast signatures
  • Tracking of signatures
  • Can view all signed documents
  • Signature groups can be created
  • Slow process
  • Quite expensive
  • Bad customer service
  • No good FAQ's mentioned for help
DOcusign is well suited for people working from home and it a reliable solution as it does send reminder to all the parties to complete the work asap.
Erin Gracyalny | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used DocuSign across the sales organization to send customers order forms, contracts, NDAs, etc. It addressed the need to have valid digital signatures applied to a variety of legal documents. Also used DocuSign for internal employee documents such as stock option grants, onboarding documentation, quarterly bonus documentation, etc.
  • Easy workflow
  • Valid digital signatures
  • Variety of signature/field options
  • More template options
DocuSign is an excellent enterprise-grade tool. Sometimes, for smaller companies, it may be a bit too much functionality than what is needed. However, with DocuSign as the primary or only digital signature tool, you would be fully equipped with all of the different options you may need.
Several departments use Docusign. Docusign allows us to have [a] secure web-based signature collection instead of relying on access to notaries, fax machines, scanners, or other means of relaying hard signatures. The electronic signature also opens up more doors for accessibility such as mobile and for customers/clients who do not have access to those means.
  • Ease of signature collection effort (fewer steps, fewer location/technology/knowledge requirements)
  • Speed of signature collection (from transmission to signature to receipt of signature)
  • Ease of user account management (administrative function)
  • Tracking, particularly when collecting signatures through connected applications, such as an ATS, is not always clean or easily traceable.
  • Formatting documents to handle electronic signature types (signatures, initials, etc.) is not always easy, and highly dependent on the partner's technology.
  • It is not convenient to have to use DocuSign as a stand alone product if the signatures are required for 3rd party applications. It definitely excels on its own, but the scope of that usage, at least for us, is slim.
This [software] is [amazingly] helpful in any situation requiring a signature. Legal departments, Human Resources departments, Procurement, Auditing, Recruiting, etc. There are tremendous application possibilities.
  • Online training
Service is fast and courteous. There is not a lot more to say beyond that.
To sign contracts grants and legal documents with state agencies and clients.
  • Sales- they call you and call you to see if there is anything they can do to get you to upgrade your account
  • [In my experience] customer service is impossible to talk to. [I feel] there are way too many hoops to jump through before being able to contact someone.
  • [I felt] it was near impossible to cancel or downgrade an account through customer service or the software, it [sent me] in loops and [didn't] work to cancel.
  • Customer Service, [I feel], does not follow through with cancellations or downgrades even if they tell you it will be taken care of. I even got a phone call from the sales guy and I verified we didn't need it for a while. They told me it would be canceled but it wasn't.
  • [In my experience] getting a refund for a charge they shouldn't have charged will take upwards of an hour and will require you to wait 10- 14 days plus your bank processing time to receive.
I wouldn't ever use DocuSign. My time is valuable. I don't need salespeople bombarding me with phone calls and emails. Their service [in my opinion] isn't worth the cost.
We use DocuSign to interface with other software and applications, so that we can send documents to be signed through our systems, without having to open up DocuSign on a separate page. The interface would do that in the background. The problem is not with to functionality of the product. That works well.
  • interface with other products
  • track signing
  • my account was upgraded without my permission and a significantly higher rate auto debited from my account monthly
  • when I called to inquire, the system would demand my account number before I could speak to a representative, shortly after a recording would come on and say that there was no one to answer my call. This happened at 9am, 10am and afternoon
  • Going online to request tech support, you need to submit a ticket request. I tried this after not being able to reach anyone over the phone. A couple of things. 1. they make it overly complicated, obviously trying to detour folks from submitting a request. 2. when I found where to change my plan, the button was greyed out and I couldn't change my plan.
  • 90% of what the website had listed under the support tab was password related. There wasn't anything about account questions. I was able to navigate through support questions to find how to "change my account". This doesn't straighten out the issue of the months I was being charged almost 3x what I had signed up for, but I'll see if I can waste more valuable time to figure that out later. For now, just trying to change my account back. The directions say that I need to go to account settings under the top navigation bar. I actually didn't have that option. The directions say that if you don't have that option then you're not the account owner. I am the only user, and the funds are coming out of my account monthly. Unbelievable. One might think that all of this is intentional on DocuSign's part.
As I've stated in previous sections of this review, the problem isn't with the product, it's with the lack of customer service available both online and over the phone. After being overcharged for months and trying to get in touch with someone to resolve the issue with no luck and wasting hours of time, I'm writing this review. Multiple phone calls to DocuSign, navigating through the prerecorded system, the phone system hung up on me stating that "there was no one to answer my call". Then navigating through the "Support" section of their website and getting nowhere. Tring to start a "service ticket", but where they keep redirecting me to Q&A section that doesn't answer my question or solve the issue. I'm supposed to be able to go to the "Settings" drop down on the top navigation bar, but it isn't available on my account, even though, I only have one account, one user (me), and they're charging ME each month. I'm blown away with how issues are being handled by DocuSign. First with upgrading my account without checking with me 1st. I'm the ONLY user, and I haven't done anything different than I normally have for years. But, of course, I'm lost with all of this, because I haven't been able to talk to anyone! Bottom line, they lost a customer. There are other options, and [my prior experiences] left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I'm not dealing with [them] any longer.
We primarily utilize Docusign internally to electronically sign documents, agreements, and contracts.

A major goal of our company is to be as paperless as possible so DocuSign allows us the opportunity to work towards this goal by allowing documents to be signed electronically.

It also helps to prevent documents having to be printed out for signature and kept in a physical file folder or being lost/stolen/etc. Just safer to enable electronic signatures, especially with sensitive documents.
  • Electronic signature
  • Digital document management
  • Seamless sharing and updating
  • More flexibility with e-signature options
  • Larger viewscreen so I can fully read a document before signing
It's hard to really think of an inappropriate situation for DocuSign, especially in the world we live in now. It's harder to see people in person thus harder to get hand signed documents. Plus, why go through all the rigmarole of hand-signing a document? Printing, signing, sending back, scanning, that's a lot of work compared to e-mail, e-sign, auto-send the document back. Just makes more sense in a remote world. For example, I don't even have a printer at home so if I needed to print work documents, I wouldn't have any way of doing so. Just so much easier to open up DocuSign and sign off that way.
DocuSign was used by the billing department to complete supplier paperwork that customers needed to have us submit to them. It helps us in the administrative side of work to complete paperwork quickly, correctly and efficiently.
  • Complete paperwork easily
  • Sign paperwork easily
  • Submit paperwork to supplier easily
  • Simple Sign in process
  • Seeing previous documents signed
DocuSign is well suited to submit supplier paperwork easily to a customer and have paperwork completed easily over the computer and efficiently sent in a timely manner.
Dave Bevington | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use DocuSign for employment contracts signing non disclosure agreements and internal employment contracts, it's a great tool! Contactless, and I have never had a single solitary issue when using DocuSign. I can heartily recommend it as a customer too as I have used it to purchase real estate multiple times.
  • EASY and user friendly.
  • Fast and reliable.
  • Saves the environment.
  • It is a little expensive.
When you are in a hurry and on the go DocuSign is a life saver. I hate filing, so having a reliable digital solution is a game changer. Digital is the new normal and there is zero waste making it so much better for the environment. It's also insanely easy to use, my own mother could use it!
Krystofer Gardner | TrustRadius Reviewer
DocuSign is used in the organization for all signature requirements; we do not do any paper signatures anymore unless the external party requires wet ink signatures (e.g. lending institutions). DocuSign helped solve the speed of document signatures, approvals processes, and tracking of contracts. As example, DocuSign is used for all of the following use cases within our organization: onboarding communication and progress documentation, new hire paperwork, payment requests, payment authorizations, client contracts, vendor contracts, client billing submissions, and more.
  • Easy to use user interface (both sending and receiving)
  • Integrations with other platforms (e.g. Box, Google Drive, etc.)
  • Enterprise admin control is robust
  • Robust functionality
  • Can get expensive
If you are a medium to large business that is seeking a digital signature platform, and want process efficiency through the use of templates and integrations, DocuSign will knock it out of the park. However, if you are only sending a couple of documents for signature each month, DocuSign likely has too much functionality and will be too high priced.
Matthew McGinnis | TrustRadius Reviewer
DocuSign is used at G3 across the entire organization which saves us from the waste of time and the material task of printing out documents to sign, scan and email back to yourself before returning the signed document back to the other party. We love the Admin feature which consolidates signature control to one person while allowing approved people to sign documents.
  • Signing documents
  • Administrator control over all users and signatures
  • Signature logs to review all signed documents across the organization
  • The ability to create signature groups for specific tasks
  • Somewhat expensive as Adobe has a free version to sign documents now
  • DocuSign is slow sometimes
  • DocuSign is a little difficult to setup up across an organization with many users
Overall DocuSign is a great piece of software that allows fast and secure signatures with easy-to-track logging to know who and when a document has been signed. It also provides history on all changes to a document with each person the document is shared with for signature. It also integrates with several other programs which just increases the ease of use for DocuSign.