Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft SQL Server, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Error messages can be vague.
- Queries can be hard to stop.
- It allows joins that don't make sense (joining a table/column back to itself) without an error.
- Cluster Installation
- OLAP Service
- Importing through SSIS can be a real pain, my associates indicate that this is not usually the best approach.
- Debugging SSIS errors can be difficult due to the number of things that can go wrong.
- Field investigation/prefilling from data sources is often plagued with incorrect choices - requiring manual intervention.
- Accessing import fields through levels of 'wizard dialogs' can be confusing.
- Configuring Merge Replication and keeping it working can be a handful.
- Troubleshooting performance issues can be a real handful. It does require a lot of knowledge.
- Managing VLDB
- Table Partitioning
- Understanding the errors one might receive when you have incorrect permissions on a server or database.
- Setting up permissions can be difficult to grasp since there are permission levels for each server and database.
- Analysis services may be complex to start with
- Integration Services to an extent
- MDX queries
- Complex ETL processes
- Querying Analysis Services data
- Accessibility of the data for mobile devices