Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
Devart Excel Add-ins allow users to work with database and cloud data in Microsoft Excel as with usual Excel spreadsheets.
With Devart Excel Add-ins users can get data with a visual Query Builder or with SQL and refresh the queried external data in a workbook. External data can be edited as it is usually done in Excel, and then saved back to the data source.
- Oracle Database
- SQL Server
Supported Cloud Applications:
- Dynamics CRM
- G Suite
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Zoho CRM
- Supported: Connect Microsoft Excel to various data sources
- Supported: Work with live data directly in Excel
- Supported: Modify external data easily
- Supported: Powerful Data Import. With Devart Excel Add-ins you can precisely configure what data to load into the document. Select objects and columns and set complex data filters. If this is not enough, all the power of SQL is to your service, not only for relational databases, but for cloud applications too.
- Supported: Quick Data Refresh. The main Devart Excel Add-ins benefit is an ability to periodically get the actual data from different data sources to Excel with a single click without repeating the whole import operation each time. Refresh data in your workbook easily whenever you want.
- Supported: Easy Data Modification. You can edit data in Excel just like you usually do it, add or delete rows, modify cell values, etc. Use full power of Excel to perform mass data update, insert, and delete operations against your data source. After you finished editing, just click Commit and the changes will be posted back to the data source.
- Source control
- Unit testing
- Schema comparisons
- The data pump feature breaks sometimes
- The profile usage monitoring is slow
- The event profiler is delayed
- The data compare option saves our dev team a lot of time
- The documenter feature is nice to use for explaining table definitions
- The event profiler is great for usage metrics
- Devart Excel Add-in supports connectivity with various databases - which really helps to customize and massage data.
- Since data is available in cloud, it is easily accessible everywhere.
- It can also be integrated with SSIS components making it possible to resolve complex problems.
- It has room for improvement in terms of security and making it possible for large organizations like us to use it in a more secure way with integrating with our in-house security systems.
- Pricing could be reduced further for it to be adopted world-wide.
- it isn't foolproof. Excel has no means of checking for human error during data entry, which means that the wrong information can skew all the results - sometimes severe.
- Users unfamiliar with Excel syntax may also find entering calculations and calling up other functions a bit frustrating until they get a solid understanding.
- It had a positive ROI as we used it on its strengths. We could save time and make some of our processes simpler.
- It does help us up to a certain limit - but it acts as a part of our general IT infrastructure. It cannot solve our direct business objectives.
- It cannot be expanded in all directions as we need a lot more native coding and IT infrastructure.