Reviews (1-2 of 2)
January 09, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
The platform was intended to be used to allow for a rapid development of widget-based information dashboards for presenting stats and other sorts of "widgitized" data in mobile and/or web applications. The requirement was basically to have the ability to mix and match a pre-defined set of widgets, that users would be able to configure. (did not go into effect, though).
- Showing data in graphical form
- The amount and types of charts/graphs that are available
- The theme support could be better, but even so, the options available allow for good customization
- The documentation. It lacks detail and real-world examples.
- The theme support. It really could use some improvement in the easiness of customization
- As always, there's room for improvement. Maybe allowing for a better experience in terms of mix and match data points on the graphs
Read Nuno Filipe Coimbra's full review
When there is the need to rapidly show data and/or build a nice UI without having to build your own stuff. Let's say one needs to have a complete dashboard about some business streams or other KPI intensive system. Designing and implementing everything from scratch will take a huge amount of time. And a steep learning curve. Dashboard platform will help cut down those two timelines.
We embedded Syncfusion into our platform as a data visualization tool. It is being used across the whole organization and can be viewed by all of our customers. We initially wanted to introduce the Syncfusion platform to our application as an "easy to set up and good looking data viewer". And as we go forward, we will be using Syncfusion as our main visualization tool.
- Using to set up good looking visualization
- Not so many dependencies are needed and it's easy to adjust when required
- Great support platform
- Not many widgets can be used
- Certain versions of the dashboard service do not contain IIS setup, you need to install the previous version and upgrade
- Limited designs can be implemented
Read this authenticated review
When only a short time is allowed to implement and data is straightforward, Syncfusion is a great option. But the implementation needs some basic development skills, so when some non-tech colleague asks for it( which is highly demanded cause they are facing a client directly), it's hard for them to implement.