Zoho Mail Reviews

Benjamin Jeffrey | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 24, 2020

Worth every bit of what you pay, compares to larger more expensive hosts.

We use Zoho Mail across our entire organization. We are able to host our mail with a pretty easy-to-use interface for admins to deal with spam, audit logs, etc. in a centralized location. If a user forgets a password it's pretty simple to reset it from my mobile phone quickly to keep downtime to a minimum. The pricing for what you get is pretty outstanding so we can add or remove emails as needed without a large hit to the budget.
  • Alerts to admins and users when mail box storage is close to full.
  • Downtime is almost non existent and has been reliable in the 2 years we have used it.
  • Managing user accounts via mobile app or web browser is simple once you get the hang of it.
  • Navigating around the admin menus is annoying. You can't sort alphabetically or by anything really. Where most programs you can click a header to sort, Zoho Mail does not contain this functionality. You have to sort through your users page by page until you find who you are looking for.
  • Unblocking users is a common occurrence because of the extremely sensitive rules they have in place server side. They claim no mass marketing but we have several salesmen who have to send the same invoice and information to multiple people within our company and they constantly get marked as spam, blocked, then I have to unblock them.
  • Things are named strangely in the back end. There is something similar to Google's filtering for promotional emails and social emails that Zoho has tried to implement, but it is on by default and cannot be shut off for everyone in one fell swoop. You have to have every single user log into the web portal to disable "streams" or emails that Zoho decides fits a certain criteria will skip the inbox and show up in a folder called "Notifications" or "Messages" and it took a very long time for my users to get used to needing to search this additional set of folders.
If you don't have a huge budget and want something that works with minor quirks here and there then Zoho Mail is definitely something you should look into. For half the price of Google G Suite or Office account you get 5GB of storage per user and can send up to 25MB emails without restrictions. Great for small businesses in my opinion.

I have had some issues with their spam filter, but we use SpamTitan and just shut off the one that comes with Zoho Mail. Zoho's spam filter isn't horrible but you should definitely use something in addition or instead of what comes with Zoho.
I have spoken with Zoho several times and their support is always friendly and helpful. I have always been asked for security pins and codes when seeking assistance which helps me to feel my accounts are secure and I have never had to wait on hold to speak with someone for more than 5 minutes. They always seem to have someone available to help. If you call asking for instructions on how to do something they gladly walk you through the process and if you just need something done and don't have time to do it yourself they will happily customize whatever you need without you having to spend all day with it.
Read Benjamin Jeffrey's full review

Sandboxing (1)
End-to-End Encryption (1)
Management Tools (1)

About Zoho Mail

Zoho offers their business email suite, which includes Calendar, Tasks, Notes, and Contacts bundled with an inbox.