Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
We use MIP Fund Accounting for our general ledger and financial reporting. It is not integrated into our CRM system for our accounts receivable system or integrated with our payroll system.
- Building report queries that give you meaningful data is very easy to do.
- Creating new accounts, funds, etc., through the wizard function is easy.
- The logic behind fund accounting comes across well in the product.
- Voiding checks. The system is still being worked on for this and you must void a check in multiple ways.
- When you make an error adding a new fund or due to due from for that fund, you can't rewrite over it with the wizard, instead you have to go gl line by gl line to fix it.
- By switching to the cloud-based platform we were able to save well over the cost of the higher monthly subscription fee because we did not spend any time on upgrades anymore.
We have over 10 funds, with multiple different projects and departments. It allows an easy way to track and do due to due forms to ensure our interfund balances are in check.
We had so much history already with MIP it would have been costly to transfer our data to another company.