Strong facilitators to an enterprise grade Drupal sitehttps://www.trustradius.com/cmsAcquia PlatformUnspecified7.4431012016-05-27T18:27:55.722Z
May 27, 2016
Strong facilitators to an enterprise grade Drupal site
Score 7 out of 101
Acquia Network,Acquia Cloud,Acquia Software
Overall Satisfaction with Acquia Platform
Acquia provides the managed Drupal hosting for a large suite of our web properties (anything currently using Drupal). The promise of Acquia is that should there be major security vulnerabilities or hardware related outages, that Acquia has significant knowledge of how to mitigate those issues without downtime or service interruption.
- Deployment management is user friendly and developer extensible.
- Rudimentary monitoring and logging is user friendly and accessible.
- The Acquia team is on top of emerging threats, and where possible, silently mitigates the worst of them.
- "Scheduled" maintenance windows are often non-negotiable, vague and too abrupt.
- The support escalation is slower than would be expected from a provider focused on enterprise availability.
- The platform is rigidly composed in a way that serves Acquia's need to serve a wide customer base, and is thus sometimes not ideal for your use case.
- Rapid prototyping and feature development is simpler with Drupal and the Acquia platform is simple to extend for experimental sites.
- By leveraging the enterprise hosting platform, we could focus on the feature development during the initial build out of the site, deferring the hosting complexities to a time when we would have more bandwidth.