Reviews (1-6 of 6)
- The test and development environments are easy to work on without worrying about making production changes.
- If you make a mistake, it's no big deal. Pantheon has backups of everything and it's easy to restore them.
- The button to push to production is like magic.
- The documentation is not for novice users. Setup requires some knowledge about the workflows and if your only experience with web hosting is a GoDaddy shared hosting plan, you'll struggle to find your footing.
- Even for experienced users, the documentation can seem incomplete. I had to contact support several times for answers to questions that seemed like they should be simple.
- My experience with support was very hit or miss. Sometimes I would get a great agent who understood exactly what I was trying to do. Sometimes I would get an agent who didn't seem to know anything. My only contact with support was during an initial setup though, once I was up and running everything is pretty easy, and I haven't had to contact them again even after multiple other deployments.
- Their CLI product Terminus.
- Ease of creating projects and multiple branch/dev environments within.
- Better generic support/documentation on CI platforms other than the Pantheon preferred platform.
- More resources on instances. Module updates can fail on install/update due to the server running out of memory. Only options are to upgrade services, or build the core site external to Pantheon and then import back into the Pantheon environment. The latter part is a detriment to customers/users that are not more savvy than installing modules through the GUI.
Less useful for single off sites that are used by less technical users.
- Easy to configure, install, and deploy websites and web application.
- Easy to switch between dev, test and live environment.
- Good user experience.
- Great support staffs.
- I feel very comfortable using the platform. They've done a great job putting it together. I can't think of any situation where it was difficult to perform any task.
- Free development and testing environments
- Secure hosting
- Fast page and site performance
- Free NewRelic APM tools
- Seamless continuous integration
- Sometimes the use of WP-CLI and Terminus (command line tool, not the marketing software by the same name) is necessary to complete a task when there ought to be a way to do that task via the UI
- Sometimes Dev and Test URLs can leak into Production sites (and vice versa), requiring database UPDATE queries to correct. I'm told this is being worked on.
Pantheon Scorecard Summary
Pantheon is the website management platform marketers and developers rely on to build, host, and manage their most important sites.
Pantheon includes all of the tools professionals need to build best-in-class sites—like staging environments, version control, backups, and automated workflows. Powering 200,000+ sites with over 10 billion pages served, Pantheon's their container-based infrastructure allows users to launch websites faster, without worrying about traffic spikes, security, or performance. And it’s free in development!
Help your organization achieve more value from your websites with Pantheon.
|Performance - Small||125.00||per month|
|Performance - Medium||225.00||per month|
|Performance - Large||750.00||per month|
|Performance - Extra Large||450.00||per month|
With Pantheon you will get superior hosting and workflow tools to drive business success on the web. For more information on Pantheon's Pricing and Hosting Plans, please visit: https://pantheon.io/plans/pricing
Pantheon Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Pantheon Technical Details