Contact for quote
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Pantheon is a WebOps platform where marketers and developers collaborate to drive results. The vendor states that with Pantheon, site owners maximize their capacity to update website design and functionality, responding to market trends, catering to consumer behavior, and adding real value to the business's bottom line.
Today, companies compete on the basis of digital experiences, and the best results emerge from an agile build-test-learn process. Whether it's publishing content, automating processes, or optimizing UX, Pantheon aims to enable web teams to work in parallel and iterate in real time. They help companies engage their audience at the place it matters most — online.
Pantheon states they are the fastest growing platform for operating WordPress and Drupal sites — the open source technologies that deliver 35% of the web. Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scale, and security, and aims to make these broad community innovations accessible and valuable to all digital teams.
Powering more than 300,000 sites, and serving billions of pageviews each month, Pantheon boasts a strong customer retention rate with customers that include DocuSign, IBM, Google, Home Depot, Stitch Fix, Yale, Coach, ACLU, and IBM.
- Supported: Serverless CMS
- Supported: Structured Agile Workflows
- Supported: Website Portfolio Management
- Supported: Advanced Global CDN
- Supported: Managed Updates
- Supported: Multidev Cloud Environments
- Supported: Terminus Command-Line Interface
Frequently Asked Questions
- To report with Pantheon is excellent.
- Team coordination functionality.
- Excellent application development tools.
- Nothing serious just the initial options configuration.
- The training guidance can be more helpful.
- Technical team availability.
- Workload management functions are excellent.
- The Audio and content management tools are great.
- Reports created are very effective to the sales operations.
- Digital asset easy management options.
- Pantheon is complex platform to set all the functions.
- Dragging large amount of data requires a powerful machine.
- The user must be full qualified to use the tool.
- Website code management.
- Workflows for site management.
- Hosting infrastructure.
- Pricing w.r.t. sites that have more users than corresponding page views.
- Live Sites going idle in 24 hours instead of 72 for instance.
- Securing our websites.
- Creation of content.
- Website management.
- I have not come across any area that requires improvement.
- All the present tools functions effectively.
- automated updates
- security, stability and scalability are self-managed
- highly responsive support team
- fully functional dashboard
- first-time configuration of website is bit lengthy
- complicated deployment process
- Usually respond to support tickets within minutes.
- Site hosting speed is fantastic.
- Upgrades to WordPress and plugins can be managed automatically.
- Pricing structure has too large of a jump between Basic and Performance plans
- Have run into issues with prescribed WP updates not working through dashboard and having to do manually.
- Pantheon site dashboard occasionally is unavailable (the site is never affected though)
- Effective use of our codebase deployment and implementation.
- The dashboard functionality and general stability and security are excellent.
- The server is quite consistent, and if you need assistance from the support team, they are very quick to respond.
- Automatic updates let me ensure that my customers have safe websites without increasing my own expense.
- The team offers excellent assistance and help for chat.
- The very long website configuration procedure.
- The commits to code might be a bit cumbersome if you need to reload your website.
- For a non-web developer, it is not that simple.
In addition, Pantheon gives us an incredible amount of flexibility and safety when making code changes through the default workflow, dev-test-live, and the ability to create multiple branches at will.
Finally, we signed on for managed updates on critical sites this year. This service has been a major time saver for FFA.
- Cost effective
- Additional CMS Options
If you need a solid foundation for Drupal or WordPress development, Pantheon is the way to go.
- Easy dev - test - live environment to safely apply Drupal updates and deploy new code
- Excellent web server resources that give peace of mind regarding scalability and uptime
- Good knowledge base
- Solr search
- Good product/service support
- Help with database support, Pantheon is appealing because a lot of the technical details of backend development are supported by Pantheon, but this means lots of their customers don't have a lot of knowledge about MySQL databases and best practices.
- Offering an accessible price point for non-profits and public education institutions.
- Guidance and trusted recommendations for contract developers to do Drupal 7 to 8 migrations. OR offering development service to perform Drupal 7 to 8 migrations.
- Digital content designing.
- Website customization.
- No room for improvement from my experience.
- All the features function effectively.
- Website customization.
- Workflow control.
- I have received the most effective service from all the tools.
- The functionality has always been fantastic.
- Management of content.
- Hosting our websites.
- I have not identified any feature that requires changes.
- All the tools have been functioning as expected.
- Creation of marketing content.
- Management of workflow.
- Record keeping of our assets.
- The system performance has never failed in any day.
- All the tools have always meet our expectations.
- Building websites and provision of hosting services.
- Content management across the entire company.
- All the tools functionality is excellent from my experience.
- Web hosting.
- Digital asset management.
- Provision of collaboration tools.
- Managing information.
- They can have multiple payment options apart from direct wire transfer.
- Video content management tools are great.
- Collaboration capabilities are very reliable.
- Data presentation functionalities.
- Pantheon advanced tool configuration can be more easy to all users.
- Data import from other tools functionalities can be more effective.
- Interface concepts understanding can be edited.
- Customer Support
- Easy Configuation
- Multi Branch
- More CMS options
- Shopify Integration
- e-commerce integration
- Developer Workflows
- Easy Migrations
- Expanded Agency Program that isn't constantly changing and is useful for agencies to grow
- Support for more CMS systems than just Wordpress and Drupal
- Pricing tiers between performance and basic
- Streamling workflows.
- Customizing websites and launching new ones.
- The functionality has always been effective.
- The tool is very productive with no room for improvement.
- Development of WebOps.
- Streamlining workflow.
- All the current features are operational and we are satisfied.
- I have not experienced any missing functionality.
- One-stop hosting solution to meet the requirements
- Uninterrupted accessibility assured with excellent up-time
- Performance is outstanding
- Improves the presence over web
- Technology and code are updated automatically
- Very knowledgeable support team
- Process of deployment is bit complicated
- Documentation is not enough to support users in understanding and performing the operations
- Very lengthy process to setup website initially
- Good Development Workflow
- Hosting Solution
- Customer and Feature Support
- Feature Rollouts
- Git Integration
- Support for WordPress
- Security Advantages
- Mobile Support
- Enforced best practices
- Enforced best practices add maintenance complexity
- Overkill for smaller, lower traffic sites
- Multi-tiered development environment
- Secure web hosting
- Amazing customer support
- I would love to have the ability to build on the Pantheon system outside of WordPress and Drupal.
- The Localdev app needs a lot of improvement. Simplifying it and fixing it would go a long way to improving quality of life of the overall service.
- Better documentation of the Lando local dev tool and the Terminus command line tool. More hands-on, step-by-step instructions.
- Backup and fast recover
- Fast chat support
- Easy to see site status
- Sometimes if you leave the browser open too long, commits won't appear unless you refresh the page
- Cloning only updated content between sandboxes would be great, instead of cloning the entire DB
- Sometimes first-tier chat support rely on forwarding you to FAQ pages instead of closely examining the request or issue raised