Backup and restore with easehttps://www.trustradius.com/endpoint-backupAcronis Cyber BackupUnspecified8.2901012018-08-06T01:29:25.553Z
August 05, 2018
Backup and restore with ease
Score 9 out of 101
Backup and Recovery 11
Overall Satisfaction with Acronis Backup
We use Acronis to backup a handful of our clients' servers. We use this to backup data in the event that we need to restore their information. We can back up their information using a schedule and we can manage how long we keep that particular backup. Acronis gives us the option to back up selective files or the entire machine.
- User-friendly interface makes it easy to manage.
- Easy to restore files/systems.
- Acronis supports mobile devices such as Android and Apple.
- Not a lot of information about the reports unless you want them emailed.
- Adding more to their knowledge base would be helpful.
- The cost can be expensive if you have a lot of customers.
- Easy to manage when support is needed
- Consider the cost over competitors
- Good for server/workstation backups
I like using Acronis because I do not have to manage a lot of settings or perform a lot of tasks in order to restore a backup. I like what it offers, but I also want to take care of all my customer's needs. Those include archiving emails, web security, and backups all at the same time. We switched away from Acronis because we had other obligations to our clients. We did not switch because Acronis was a bad service to use. We also found them to be a tad bit expensive compared to their competitors.
- Windows Server
- Windows Server Essentials
- Windows PC
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Hyper-V,
- Citrix XenServer
- RedHat Virtualization
- Linux KVM
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon EC2
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SharePoint,
- Microsoft ActiveDirectory
Barracuda Cloud Essentials has email security, archiving, and allows users to manage their own spam email. Barracuda also comes with a backup feature and it all works together under one roof. Barracuda has been our alternative to other major services on the market. Acronis does well as a backup service, but Barracuda provides us a much more broader experience as an IT client.
If you don't have to manage your client's email and their email archiver Acronis works very well. If you're looking for just a backup service for what's on a particular computer then Acronis is perfect. It is easy to use, so newcomers are not overwhelmed with features.It does not include as robust features as Barracuda and Cloudberry, but it does work well as just a backup.