Great resources, especially for new analysts
Overall Satisfaction with Adaptive Insights
Adaptive Insights is not used by the whole organization; I believe only the Finance and Accounting departments have access to it since those departments spend the most time in Adaptive Planning. We do have certain people from other departments use Adaptive Planning during budget season, but their use is limited.
Adaptive Insights helps address broad finance, accounting, and budgeting related questions and serves as an informational resource in that way. My current job is my first time working in an FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) department, and the "FP&A Glossary" on Adaptive Insights is very helpful. It is full of terms you hear on a day-to-day basis and provides short definitions so someone can look up a term quickly and continue to perform their job responsibilities.
- Adaptive Insights has so many good resources and easy filtering capabilities with active searching. When you go to a section of Adaptive Insights, you will see filters at the top of the page. As you change them, the contents of the page change to suit what you're looking for. This makes it easy to find the resources you need!
- As previously mentioned, the FP&A Glossary is a great feature due to its concise definition of many common terms in FP&A.
- I have not had much experience with the eBooks section of Adaptive Insights, but there are is a wide variety of topics to explore, such as rolling forecasts, and best practices for controllers.
- On the Infographics page, I would love to see a thumbnail of the infographic before clicking on it. In general, I love that when you hover over a box, you get a more detailed description, but I would also love the ability to hover and then click to see a thumbnail before opening the full page.
- Similarly, I think the Videos page should have the length of each video somewhere on the squares. This would help people judge how much time they would need to watch each one all the way through, and be able to make an informed decision about how many they could watch in between meetings.
- There is no free text search bar.
- We use Adaptive Planning as our main budgeting software. Adaptive is always releasing new features to improve the functionality, and this makes working it is much more efficient.
- Adaptive has many resources to help you use Adaptive. However, not many answers can be found on Google.
We use the Reports module in Adaptive Planning every week, if not every day. It's helpful to quickly refresh reports and allows others at our company to run self-service reports. This has been invaluable since it frees up FP&A so we can perform more analysis.
The OfficeConnect for Excel Add-On has also been very helpful in providing quick on-the-fly reporting to others within the company. We have limited licenses for this since it is not as intuitive for a first-time user.