- Bitmapped image manipulation and creation. Also rasterizes vector based images and converts to any color mode needed, ie. CMYK to RGB to Index or Black & White.
- The tool is also used for photographers post production.
- It creates a cache file and you need a ton of disk space when editing large files.
- We keep production cost in house and keep control of our digital assets.
There is nothing that compares. Stay away from Corel.
Illustrator is a great companion to build logos, set type and bring vector based art into Photoshop.
1 - We do not have a marketing or engineering department other than me. I use it for preparing images for the web, printing and adding effects to images and logos.
- This is the #1 design and production tool of bitmapped images. It is very possible it's too much for your most basic image editing, and there are FOR SURE easier to use applications, but you will never be under powered with Photoshop.
Evaluation and Selection
- Implemented in-house
It is easy.
- In-person training
So, I received the training at the HQ and it was train the trainer training. A good time, I spent a week at their campus!
Adobe has great customer service. Did you know they invented the Postscript language! :)
No - I have been using the software for a long time. I can help you too. (I like to help)
Reliable, tried and true, very stable platform.
Speed can be an issue when you are dealing with large files for large format printing or billboards. When working on web images, speed is not an issue.
- The files you create in Photoshop are integrated into other packages for many different purposes.
Very easy. Can do a cloud version now too.