Overall Satisfaction with ADP Resource
I have used ADP since they were using the software from Bank of America. I’ve been using it for a long time and I can't say enough about it. It is great for streamlining the processing of payroll, no matter how many employees you might have. I worked for another company and I did payroll for over 1000 employees. I now do payroll for less than 50 and the ease is about the same. Of course ADP Resource covers more of the HR job, making the process more complete with this software. For reasons understood by only the president of the company, we do not offer the complete payroll system to our employee's but, he's the boss and signs the checks.
- It is very simple to process payroll, even from home if needed. I once processed the payroll from Japan.
- I love that I can balance the payroll and send it knowing it is 100% correct.
- I can process payroll as late as 6pm and have it back the next day.
- I really like my ADP representative. I have had 2 and they are very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with.
- Speaking of the ADP representative.......No matter who answers the phone, if my rep is not available, they are all knowledgeable and even through they are not my assigned rep, they are all pleasant to work with.
- My biggest peeve is....and they are aware of this - a new state is sometimes very difficult to set up. With all the different classifications in states back east, it can take days to get it set up correctly.
- We currently use ADP Resource for payroll and some HR only. We have been approached for the 401k and insurance portion of ADP Resource but we have separate third party administrators for those.
- The customer service is outstanding. I would not change anything.
- I understand and agree that the employee's would benefit from viewing and making limited changes to their employee record and this will be approached in the next meeting we have with the president of the company.
Before my time, Uyemura was using ADP Paynet Plus and switched to another software, who shall go unnamed, but it was a complete bust. The taxes were calculated incorrectly on employees who have a car allowance and of course this a very big area for mistakes. We quickly switched back to ADP Paynet plus.
This is no fault of ADP, I would want to use our software to it's full potential. [I would like to use it for] letting the employees have access to their records for changes to their address and to view their payroll records. I like that I have so much access to process payroll but I, feel the cost does not justify the use. It is pricey for what I am using it for and this is the decision of our President.
Using ADP Resource
I of course am responsible for processing HR and a semi monthly payroll. We have extra payroll that has been set up for our employees from Japan and special bonuses throughout the year. The controller is my back up for the payroll function only and in the 10 years I have worked here, she only did it once.
Number one is knowledge of human resources of course and processing of the payroll for different states, and any special taxes that need to be applied to the employee record.
The other important factor would be confidentially since this person has access to everyone's information. I am proud to say I do not discuss pay rates or any other information that is confidential. In all the years experience that I have had, I can honestly say I have not discussed any information with any other person outside of their manager, president of the company or the controller.
Keeping records up to date.
- Records can be changed easily.
- Even if a mistake is made, it can be reversed and reprocessed correctly and quickly.
- If there is a special project that needs to be done, if my rep can't help me she will get me to someone who can.
- We have a employee from Japan that has a special payroll and the calculation can be tricky at times but with ADP Resource we can get it processed without to many issues.
- As stated before ADP Recourse offers a complete package for 401k and insurance packages, we however have other sources for these.
I have a lot of experience and trust in this software package - actually any software package from ADP. The training that I have gotten over the years has always been complete and the representatives that I have had over the years are all EXCEPTIONAL! Looking back in the 20 plus years of experience, I can say truthfully there are only 1-3 persons who I would rather not have worked with at ADP. I find their customer service, and phone reps do their best to get the job done. This makes my job easier in the process.
Using ADP Resource
Really.....I hate to keep repeating my self but I am very confident in any ADP software. They are worldwide and have proven their capabilities throughout the world.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Year end...never have a problem balancing the W-2s - very important.
- Calculating bonuses - also very important.
- Since we are all salaried, the payroll is already done every pay period unless there is special calculation that needs to be done.
- My one and only pet peeve is setting up a new employee in a new state.
- ADP states that they now have a department to help with this but, there is a 7 week wait time.........REALLY?
Yes - We are not allowed to have access to this part of the software at this time. Still working on getting an approval from our president to have the approval for its use.