ADP TotalSource Review 3 of 5
User Review: "Customer first at ADP TotalSource"
https://www.trustradius.com/hr-managementADP TotalSourceUnspecified5.920101
Kimberly Cavanaugh, PHR profile photo
June 13, 2018

User Review: "Customer first at ADP TotalSource"

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with ADP TotalSource

TotalSource was used by the HR Department on a daily basis. Employees were encouraged to use TotalSource to view their paychecks and benefits, submit a life event, change their personal information, manage withholdings and direct deposit. In HR, it was used to manage employee benefits, submit payroll, manage disability among many other areas. I was an HR department of one which made TotalSource a vital tool in my day to day work. If I were unavailable or was unable to answer an employee question, TotalSource was my support.
  • The prebuilt reports were excellent
  • TotalSource came with the Employee Service Center support - the best part of TS
  • The software integrated with our time keeping system which made payroll a little easier
  • While the prebuilt reports were great, I would have to contact TS in order to get a custom report. This only happened a few times because like I said, they had a variety of prebuilt reports that fit my needs
  • iReports was implemented and it became more difficult to find employee paystubs and find YTD pay
  • Employee satisfaction with the Employee Service Center was high
  • TotalSource's employee support is like having a PT HR employee on staff!
  • At times, if I needed a tailored report, it would take time to get ADP to build it for me and get it back. Not a lot of time, but not as easy as doing it myself.
Paychex is probably the worst system I have used. It's not intuitive at all and is lacking in so many key areas of a good HRIS. I think UltiPro is a system that stacks up against ADP TotalSource the best. But again, ADP TotalSource will be what I choose because of their customer service for not just me but our employees. Their support is second to none!
ADP TotalSource is my company's PEO. Being an HR department of one, the support I received from the was worth its weight in gold. They have so many resources already in place that I was able to make use of instead of researching and creating myself. One part of having them as a PEO that I wasn't a fan of, was the limitations we had in choosing our benefit carriers. They had contracts with two health carriers to choose from. So if we weren't happy with rates, there was only so much room to negotiate, at the carriers knew that.

ADP TotalSource Feature Ratings

Employee demographic data
Employment history
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organizational charting
Organization and location management
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Pay calculation
Support for external payroll vendors
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Approval workflow
Balance details
Annual carry-forward and encashment
View and generate pay and benefit information
Update personal information
View job history
View company policy documentation
Employee recognition
Tracking of all physical assets
Report builder
Pre-built reports
Ability to combine HR data with external data
New hire portal