Paychex Flex Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Michael Lade | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paychex Flex across our whole organization. It is used primarily to assure accurate and timely payroll tax reporting.
  • Accurate payroll tax reporting and remittance (tax pay).
  • We have been with the same payroll specialist for 7+ years and she is very good.
  • The ad hoc online reporting is helpful once you know what to look for. The custom reporting feature is helpful.
  • Paychex seeks to offer you a number of related products - from time reporting to 401k, etc. I'd prefer they focus on better execution of their core business.
  • Paychex has many silos in their operations and the silos do not communicate or work well together. A prime example is the General Ledger group. At one time 5+ years ago, I had a dedicated General Ledger specialist assigned to my account. That was great. Paychex now has a queue for General Ledger and you call in and get the next available agent. Hold times are crazy long. Then when you get a GL specialist, the know noting about your account or business. So every time you call, it is highly inefficient for the customer to get the GL specialist up to speed on your account. Also, the general ledger staff by and large understand the Paychex system, but have almost no understanding of basic accounting. The GL user is most always seeking to use GL services to facilitate an accounting entry. So it is frustrating the GL has no real understanding of basic accounting.
  • The Paychex systems are older legacy systems. They are frequently anomalies that occur and are explained as issues with the system. Some upgrades are being done, but more is needed. And recently, the "upgrade" took some featured of reporting and made prior reports that the user could add to a favorites list of reports unavailable. So now each pay period I get a series of reports in my favorites list, but I have to do a specific search to get one report that was impacted by the upgrade. Perhaps the system works better on the backside that I don't see, but the upgrade was not user friendly and makes the customer do more work not less work. So all in, I see Paychex as more focused on their system needs and far less focused on the user experience. So, I'd like to see them be more focused on the customer experience.
  • The staff at Paychex are good, but they are always slammed. It seems to me that the payroll specialists are overloaded with a high volume of clients, and that makes timely responses and help on non-routine work an issue. I wish the specialists we not as highly leveraged.
Well suited for payroll tax calculation and remittance. Online reporting is helpful and robust.
Support generally starts with your assigned payroll specialist. Our specialist is outstanding, but that is likely not the case for everyone. Also the payroll specialist have a heavy client load and are very leveraged, so it can be difficult to get a timely answer.
I understand it as I have been using it for a long time. It works but I specifically have issues with the way it integrates with the General Ledger group and how poorly Paychex has make the General Ledger process by not having dedicated staff assigned to each client.
Read Michael Lade's full review
Matthew Bernstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paychex Flex is an all in one HR solution that allows you to build on as your business needs change . My company uses it to run payroll and integrate HR administration, retirement, and insurance management. The best thing is the service that the company provides as they have the correct knowledge to help us through sticky situations.
  • Customer service.
  • Ease of use.
  • Easy online dashboard.
  • Contact turn.
  • Changes in our account management team.
  • Automation is sometimes off.
Paychex Flex supplies somewhat reliable service and decently solid support when questions or situations arise. They are very helpful when I make a mistake as they are usually fast to find solutions to problems. The best part is that they make it very easy to enter payroll in increments.
Paychex Flex offers decently solid support for the value we have received out of our purchase. The biggest issue that we have had with our experience with Paychex Flex is the contact changes in our account management team. We are not certain why we have changed multiple times but it would be nice to have a consistent team manage our account.
Paychex Flex is very easy to use, and it has definitely simplified our HR and payroll experience since switching to its platform. At the end of the day though, we don't entirely see a tremendous amount of value out of the product over the previous software we had used. We're happy with it but not in love with the product.
Read Matthew Bernstein's full review
Cortney Reese | TrustRadius Reviewer
My company uses Paychex Flex throughout the entire company for our HR and payroll needs.
  • One platform for all HR.
  • Makes the complex into simple.
  • Works great from office or remote.
  • At first glance it can look intimidating.
Paychex is great for having one platform that takes care of everything HR/payroll related. It's nice to have one place to go instead of several different sites or apps/platforms.
It's a great platform but it's not perfect, always room for improvement, nothing is perfect or runs flawlessly 24/7.
At first glance it looks very intimidating and difficult to navigate, but after about 5 minutes of training it is so easy and functional.
Read Cortney Reese's full review
Michael Rastall, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paychex Flex is a good choice when it comes to benefits, talent management, workforce management, payment management and more. Through its automation we have been able to cut down on manual operations like during calculation of taxes and processing payments therefore saving time by decreasing the amount of manually input data.
  • Automatically calculating taxes, files and payments.
  • Setting up direct deposit and filing returns.
  • Access reporting for department summaries, cash requirements and payroll journals.
  • UI is hard to use.
  • It is pricey.
In addition to payroll and HR concerns, it takes care of benefits, tax, risk management services and compliance.
Most payroll companies offer basic level of customer support but Paychex Flex offer access to a dedicated payroll specialist from the start.
A customizable dashboard that is relatively easy to navigate.
Read Michael Rastall, MBA's full review
Francis Cook | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paychex Flex is a flexible payroll, human resources and benefits administration platform that expedites the management of human workforce reliably all the time. We use it in our organization to manage our payroll and benefits administration platform and ensures that we pay out all of our due benefits to our employees on time. Has helped us eliminate the problem of running an erroneous payroll that doesn't inspire confidence from our staff.
  • It's a cloud-based platform and this ensures its accurate usage all the time anywhere at any time.
  • Helps us prepare our payroll on time and thus pay our employees on time.
  • Fits perfectly in all organizations including even the SMEs allowing them grow their workflow perfectly.
  • Sometimes poor internet connections impede on the perfect working of the platform at times.
Paychex Flex fits perfectly in a scenario where a company aims to improve its payroll and benefits administration system and ensure its payroll its updated on time in an error free manner. It also allows organizations to grow the confidence of their employees by paying them on time and remit the statutory dues on time.
Customer support is available and willing to support all users in using the platform efficiently.
It's cloud-based and this ensures accurate usage at all times.
Read Francis Cook's full review
June 23, 2021
Theresa Donatiello Neidich | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a very small nonprofit homeless shelter with 3 paid employees. Paychex Flex is used for our payroll and preparing and quarterly payroll tax reports. I do not use the site to input payroll. I utilize a Paychex Flex representative. I send a document every 2 weeks to her with hours for each employee.
  • I never worry about payroll taxes being paid accurately and on time.
  • My Paychex Flex representative is accurate courteous and always available when I call with a question.
  • I recently did not receive notification of when payroll information was due because of the holiday Memorial Day on a Monday.
It is quick and convenient. I never am concerned about payroll taxes. I personally enjoy the convenience of emailing my payroll every 2 weeks to the same person who is reliable professional and courteous.
Paychex's representative is always responsive accurate and courteous. The cost of the service is reasonable.
It's an email or phone call if i have a question
Read Theresa Donatiello Neidich's full review
Debra Zimmerman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paychex Flex to record the hours of all employees. Paychex also completes and files all applicable tax reports.
  • I think your most valuable asset to us is our customer service person, Rosangela Presley. No matter what our issue is, she quickly and accurately handles our need.
  • The efficient filing of our tax documents is a real benefit to our small office set up.
  • Checks and notices of deposits are ALWAYS delivered on time!
  • The one issue we experienced was when our regular customer service person was on an extended absence, it was very frustrating to reach anyone at Paychex in a timely manner. I personally waited on hold for over 45 minutes as I faced a looming deadline. I know others who input to our system also experienced lengthy delays. Once our rep returned, all is well!
Paychex Flex makes the entire payroll system so easy to deal with. While I am convinced our representative is awesome, she (as she represents Paychex Flex) makes our processes run so smoothly. We haven't "stumped" her yet with any questions/problems.
Paychex Flex, through our awesome Service Provider, Roseangela Presley, consistently provides stellar customer service and support.
A product or service is only as good as the usability of said service. Paychex Flex has far exceeded our expectations so far.
Read Debra Zimmerman's full review
Kara Foster | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are utilizing Paychex Flex across our entire organization for payroll and for retirement accounts.
  • Paychex Flex allows a simplified one-stop shop for employees to access their pay records, tax records, and their retirement accounts.
  • Paychex Flex takes tax filing burdens off our shoulders.
  • Paychex Flex helps us stay in compliance across the many states in which we work.
  • Sometimes the general ledger journal that comes over from the GL team doesn't match up with the Cash Requirements report from the payroll team.
  • It would be nice to have a better safety net in place to ensure that new state withholding and unemployment tax accounts are set up and activated accurately with both the payroll side and the GL side of Paychex.
  • Sometimes there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the payroll specialists and the GL team regarding communication with our state tax accounts. It seems that sometimes one side can't correct something that they can see needs to be corrected and that they have to wait on the other side to accomplish this.
If you have to report payroll and taxes to more than one state, Paychex Flex is so incredibly helpful in managing all the requirements of the various states. But, even if you only report payroll to one state, the comfort of knowing Paychex is there to help you meet your tax compliance needs is worth so much!
Even when I do run into a glitch or problem, there is always someone at Paychex who seems to be able to address and/or fix the issue.
Although I occasionally run into a small glitch, Paychex Flex is extremely user friendly for a very complex set of functions it offers. I think its value vs. cost is extremely reasonable as well.
Read Kara Foster's full review
Marty Javornisky | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used for the entire organization. Payroll processing, payroll tax remittance, retirement funding transfers
  • Remit federal and state payroll taxes. I no longer have to do this.
  • Provide detailed information to employees regarding their own pay information. Employees have access through a portal.
  • Their ad hoc reporting tool is difficult to use. I don't find it to be very intuitive. The few times I have used it I have had to contract someone for help.
  • I was not satisfied with the training I received in using the software. It took a while to figure out how to do things.
  • When I try to call my support person, if she is not available I wish there was someone else I could speak to right away. Instead I have to leave a message and wait for a returned call.
I would not recommend it to someone who has limited computer skills.
Sometimes it is hard to reach my support person. If I have to leave a message she usually gets back with me the same day but not every time.
There are a number of features that we don't use and this adds a level of complexity. Ad hoc reporting is not straightforward.
Read Marty Javornisky's full review
June 17, 2021
Rachelle Buyak | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Paychex for my quarterly payroll, I’m a real estate advisor that has incorporated my business for taxes and liability purposes. My business only has 1 employee, myself, Paycheck is very useful in paying my taxes for me and reminding me that it is payroll time. I don’t particularly have a business problem but I love the simplicity and ease of issuing myself a paycheck.
  • The phone application.
  • Having your own account manager.
  • The reminders.
  • I use it very minimally so I love it.
  • Perhaps have an automatic payment that would make it even easier for me not to forget or out on the back burner.
I’m a self employed Real Estate Advisor, I chose to incorporate my license for taxes and liability purposes, with an S Corporation I need to have employees and it would be much more expensive to use my accountant for payroll therefore Paychex Flex is the perfect solution for me. I didn’t think that I could use a payroll company for only quarterly paycheck, but they are wonderful.
I’m self employed and only issue one paycheck every quarter for myself. Since my first day signing up with Paychex, I was very impressed how friendly the customer support was. I have my own agent in charge of my account, so they always know what’s going on and I don’t have to repeat myself 20 times to get to the right department to answer a question.
I’m a very small account considering I only have one employee and Paychecks are issued quarterly only, but Paychex proved to be the perfect solution to my problem of issuing myself a paycheck and paying the taxes for me and issuing the end of the year documents. I would recommend Paychex to everyone, small or large companies.
Read Rachelle Buyak's full review
June 11, 2021
Sarah Heller | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use in the accounting office for payroll purposes. I believe it makes for an easier payroll experience for the accounting department and for the employees.
  • They make sure all your questions or issues are addressed within a reasonable time frame.
  • It gives the employees access to their information and pay stubs.
  • The app makes it very convenient.
  • I really like Paychex Flex and really cannot think of anything that can be improved.
Paychex Flex is very well suited for small businesses that are on a tight schedule with daily tasks. It might not be for a larger company with 50 or more employees.
They are always there to answer any questions or concerns that I have.
Very simple and easy to follow.
  • Online training
It is very easy to access from anywhere.
Read Sarah Heller's full review
Joanne Ianacone | TrustRadius Reviewer
As the Bookkeeper for Wealth Strong Life Solutions, I put in the payroll online with Paychex. Paychex Flex group supports me with answers to any questions I may have and any problems that arise.
  • Paychex helped straighten out a problem with overpayment of an employee.
  • They respond very quickly with any questions, usually the same day.
  • The Paychex Flex team helped with issues of any changes with tax and unemployment insurance with the different states that our employees work from.
  • My work with them is limited and I can't think of any way since they are always prompt, courteous and knowledgeable.
I believe Paychex Flex is best suited to small companies that are independent enough to not need a lot of help. If more help is needed, Paychex has other models that offer more connection.
I believe that Paychex company is very supportive. They are very accessible. They are only a phone call or email away and respond quickly.
Read Joanne Ianacone's full review
Sarah King | TrustRadius Reviewer
We run semi-monthly payroll for approximately 30-50 part-time employees.
Our company uses Paychex Flex to import employee hours and rates under multiple labor organizations. We use 3rd party software to track these hours and then generate an import file. The import file is generated by custom built converter software provided by Paychex to suit our specific needs. Paychex Flex then calculates any time overlaps and overtime.
This system is a fantastic time saver as our employee's have multiple hourly rates depending on the type of work done and all are part-time.
  • Ease of use.
  • Instantaneous data entry.
  • Very flexible.
  • Some features are not accessible and a representative needs to be contacted.
Very likely to recommend Paychex Flex. It suits our situation very well due to the multiple pay rates for each employee. Great reporting capabilities. There have been some instances where I have had to call Paychex to make an adjustment to an employee which takes more time than if I could make the change myself.
I always receive a response to my questions within 24 hours. Our payroll representative is always extremely helpful.
Very usable. I like the spreadsheet type format which facilitates edits and data entry.
Read Sarah King's full review
Kimberly Olson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I love the Paychex platform, ease of use, add employees, run payroll and print reports. They file all necessary paperwork and do W-2s, I don't have to keep track of anything. Being small it is like having another employee.
  • Online user friendly platform.
  • Knowledgeable and considerate employees.
  • Reports out quickly.
  • Tax filings without my effort.
  • Account manager accessibility.
  • Allow terminations on user end.
  • Less paper.
Paychex works really well and is affordable for small businesses. It isn't overly costly however I think that as the number of employees goes up you would need to spend a lot more time and money working with them as your payroll company. Although I am not for certain as I am not a large company.
Even if I can't connect with my account rep all employees are helpful, they answer all my questions and assist me in anyway possible.
Easy to use, user friendly, straightforward, I can get assistance when I need it and it is helpful and useful. My amount of effort is low.
Read Kimberly Olson's full review
David Kline | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paychex Flex is being used across our whole organization. We utilize it for processing our employee payroll and give each employee the ability to use Paychex Flex (both desktop and mobile device app versions) to access their individual payroll accounts. The use of Paychex Flex allows us to manage our payroll even if we're working remotely from our office. This feature in itself is a tremendous problem solver.
  • Provides access to our Payroll Specialist.
  • Allows us remote access to our account when working remotely from the office.
  • Allows employees to print out paper copies of their individual records.
  • Since we only use it for our payroll processing, we're happy with Paychex Flex.
Paychex Flex meets all of our payroll needs. We're very happy with the Paychex team, and really haven't found any scenarios where Paychex Flex has been inappropriate.
We have always had excellent Payroll Specialists who were always responsive to our needs and very helpful. (One needs to understand that we're an architectural practice, and payroll processing/human resources is not our forte. Paychex provides us with the professional support we need and keeps us working within the payroll tax laws.)
It suits our operation very well. I know there are other functions that it offers that we don't use, but what functions/features we do use meet our needs very well.
Read David Kline's full review
Jennifer Kolakowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paychex Flex for all our payroll needs by all departments. Paychex Flex has been amazing in meeting all our needs from paying people to reporting. We have all different departments with all different needs. Some are straight salary, some are hourly and some are salary but get fringes. We have a retirement, Aflac, child support, retirement loans union dues for 3 different unions and many other items that come out of checks that they have been able to accommodate.
  • Great reports
  • General ledger posting and reporting is amazing along with the GL customer service team
  • The over all customer service is great!! Whenever I need them with all my crazy changes that need to be made they have never once told me no.
  • Very few aspects are not user friendly.
  • I would like to be able to do more with the time and attendance part myself. Although customer service is great, some things that need to do I know are quick fixes and I would love to be able to do them on my own.
It has been a great fit for our organization. We are loving the new platform of Paycheck Flex.
Kyle and Robin have been great getting us what we need.
So easy and user friendly
Read Jennifer Kolakowski's full review
Ellen Scordato | TrustRadius Reviewer
As one of the partners and owners, I'm responsible for taking care of payroll. I have many other responsibilities, and payroll can be very time-consuming, and answering questions and providing documents to employees is time-consuming as well. Paychex Flex lets us outsource much of this work and allows employees to access the documents they need on their own.
  • Lets employees get their own paystubs.
  • Lets us access tax documents rapidly and easily.
  • Lets employees update their contact info, like their address, easily.
  • I'd like to see more tutorials showing employees how to use it themselves.
  • I'd like to see clearer names for reports.
It's great for small companies without large HR or finance departments. It's less appropriate for giant companies that already have those functions in-house.
Our CSRs have been uniformly helpful and responsive. They respond quickly and accurately. Always polite and helpful.
Great interface on the web. Easy to grasp and use.
Read Ellen Scordato's full review
christine villasenor | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Flex monthly for reporting and accounting purposes.
  • Flex provides specific reports that I need.
  • Flex provides detailed employee reports that I need.
  • Flex provides accounting detail reports that I need.
  • I would like to see a file area created for monthly reports used.
  • I would like to see a file area created for specific reports.
  • I would like to see a file area for quick access to employee info. like a desktop.
In my opinion, Flex is a great source for any business, Flex has everything you should use. As a business owner, I would highly recommend using Paychex Flex. It is a safe place to keep all of your business information, and also, the employee information section is far more that useful, I need to utilize that section more!
Read christine villasenor's full review
June 06, 2021
Fritz Sabbow | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paychex Flex for all payroll-related activities. We are not using any of the human resource modules available as we are small and can do most of our own work in Excel. I've used the PPP portion of Paychex to support my applications for two loans (eventually to be forgiven). The software is very easy to use and very flexible to meet our needs.
  • Reports and queries.
  • Review notes for historic changes to wage /payroll information.
  • Speed in processing and providing paychecks for distribution.
  • Pricing: I'd like to understand how I can reduce pricing to save our company money.
  • I'd like it if we could perform background checks in Paychex.
It would be great to be able to edit future payrolls (wage changes, changes in withholdings) so I can save from keeping notes to refer to when the payroll is open. Also, I'd like to be able to pull W-2 copies from Paychex rather than make copies of our paper documents.
Read Fritz Sabbow's full review
Tabbitha Chandler | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paychex Flex is being used by all employees to clock in and out, I am working to have everyone submit their time off requests through Paychex. It addresses the issue of employees clocking in and out and keeping track of their hours worked.
  • You can set this up so employees can only clock in at their computer in the office. This helps with employees not being able to clock in unless they are actually present in the office.
  • The systems is easy to use when entering vacation and sick time.
  • I like that you can go to Indeed right from the homepage.
  • Admin sign in extended to avoid having to keep resigning in.
  • Health Benefits updated more regularly
Paychex is easy to use and I like that they take care of processing all of the paperwork for the 941's and EDD.
Read Tabbitha Chandler's full review
DONALD HECKMAN | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paychex Flex helps me manage my employees payroll and keep everything organized with taxes and everything else I need. I can put the payroll in myself, but I choose to use a payroll specialist assigned to my account through Paychex. free of charge, and all I have to do is enter my numbers into an Excel spreadsheet and the specialist takes care of everything else and notifies me my payroll is all set. The ease of getting ahold of someone when we need any questions answered is second to none. We use Paychex Flex for our entire organization. Paychex Flex allows us to not have to worry about adding all our own hours, setting up an account for the funds to be withdrawn from, and all tax and unemployment issues are taken care of by Paychex Flex.
  • Inputting our numbers into the system and taking care of our payroll.
  • Handling all tax and unemployment issues.
  • Constant follow up to make sure all our needs our being met.
  • I see no areas for improvement.
Paychex Flex is always following up with us as far as their newest programs that are rolling out. A designated payroll specialist assigned just to us for any needs we may have. Ease of submitting payroll every week. All employees are well trained in the products that they offer. Twenty four hour customer service.
Read DONALD HECKMAN's full review
Sandra Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is just being utilized by the payroll department.
  • I am very please with the speed and efficiency in how the payroll is processed.
  • I just started using Flex, so I am still learning all it has to offer. However, I have been with Paychex since 2012, and I have always been pleased with their services. I expect the same results.
  • Customer service is great!
  • I have only been using Flex for two months or so. As of now, I have no issues.
There is added security to access the software. It makes me feel confident that Paychex is taking the extra steps to protect their client's sensitive information. I am a new user, so I am still learning all the bells and whistles.
Read Sandra Rodriguez's full review
June 04, 2021
Kenda Haines | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use this in production and human resources. It has streamlined our employee clocking in and out process and managing overtime better. It has also given us a way to schedule our employees for the workweek and have it streamlined with payroll. That has saved us a lot of clerical work.
  • Set up parameters for employees' time worked.
  • It makes time and attendance tracking simple.
  • It allows us to manage attendance writeups more effectively.
  • More streamlined human resource management.
  • Simpler employee scheduling functionality.
Paychex Flex is great for any company managing human resources in-house. We were using an outside source (Professional employment organization) for many years. When we brought it in house, we implemented Paychex Flex and it allowed us to manage human resources well from the beginning. Time and attendance and payroll are the best features that helped us save time and clerical work.
My representative is always available and ensures that I have an answer and resolution to the problem very quickly. I never feel like a burden but always feel like a valued member of the team.
It's easy to use. Simple to track data. You can create a large variety of reports that are needed for different projects.
Read Kenda Haines's full review
May 12, 2021
Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Paychex Flex across the organization to handle employee financials, tax documents, and PTO. It was a very convenient platform that included app access which was very helpful. It was very convenient to be able to direct employees to one website or app to find all of these documents and see their time off that had been accrued.
  • Convenient
  • Easy to Use
  • Organized
  • Guided tutorials
  • Intro videos
  • Overall instruction
Paychex Flex is a great tool for those businesses that want to streamline their HR processes. Paychex Flex is also a big time-saver for all those unavailable calls about W-2s in late March. It's a very convenient hub that allows employees to be more self-sufficient and streamline HR responsibilities along the way. A win-win for everyone!
Read Emily Hammell's full review
Denissa Jensen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paychex Flex is being used as a payroll service. I use it for all my employees. It addresses my payroll. I'm sure I do not use the service fully. But it serves its purpose.
  • It is easy to use.
  • I've never had an issue with payments to my employees.
  • Easy access.
  • I'd like a better understanding of taxes withheld.
  • I have had employees complain about not having enough taxes withheld or being categorized wrong. Example: listed as primary job when it was their secondary job.
Paychex serves its purpose for me. I have not had time or experience with any of the other services provided by Paychex.
It is easy to use.
Read Denissa Jensen's full review

Employee demographic data (73)
Employment history (79)
Job profiles and administration (52)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (53)
Organizational charting (1)
Organization and location management (52)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (52)
Pay calculation (101)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (40)
6.6
Benefit plan administration (62)
Direct deposit files (100)
Salary revision and increment management (71)
Reimbursement management (41)
Approval workflow (43)
Balance details (48)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (43)
View and generate pay and benefit information (88)
Update personal information (91)
View company policy documentation (43)
View job history (58)
Tracking of all physical assets (19)
Report builder (63)
Pre-built reports (67)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (37)
6.6
New hire portal (52)
Manager tracking tools (43)
Job Requisition Management (20)
Company Website Posting (19)
Publish to Social Media (14)
Job Search Site Posting (17)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (15)
Applicant Tracking (19)
Notifications and Alerts (28)

What is Paychex Flex?

Paychex Flex is an all-in-one HR solution that users can build on as their businesses grow or change. It can be used to run payroll and integrate HR administration, retirement, and insurance management with service and expert knowledge of the regulations that could affect the business.

Paychex Flex enables users to:
  • Recruit and track candidates
  • Streamline hiring and onboarding
  • Deliver HR information through custom compliance documents, compensation summaries, performance reviews, and company training
  • Manage health insurance, including compliance support
  • Administer employee benefits
  • Track time and attendance data
  • Pay employees and file and pay taxes

Paychex Flex offers access to Paychex information on the go with mobile apps for iPhone and Android-powered smartphones and tablets. Includes 24/7 US-based live support for answers to payroll and HR data management questions right when needed.

Paychex Flex Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information

Asset Management Features

Has featureTracking of all physical assets

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor

Onboarding Features

Paychex Flex Screenshots

Paychex Flex Video

Paychex Flex Demo

Paychex Flex Integrations

QuickBooks Online, Xero, Indeed.com, BambooHR, Clover, Insight360, LCP Tracker, Hubworks, Altametrics

Paychex Flex Competitors