Great for the Data-Driven Practicehttps://www.trustradius.com/practice-managementAdvancedPM (formerly ADP AdvancedMD)Unspecified7.5181012018-12-19T15:58:27.422Z
Updated February 28, 2019
Great for the Data-Driven Practice
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with AdvancedPM (formerly ADP AdvancedMD)
We use AdvancedMD primarily as a billing and patient scheduling software. My involvement is at the billing and analytic level. The software provides a simple user interface that helps with submitting patient claims, managing patient accounts receivable, pairing insurance information, etc. They are one of the only patient billing software solutions that allow backdoor access (via MS SQL Server) to the underlying tables/database via an Open Database Connection (ODBC). The software is used by the majority of individuals working at our company. We have been quite pleased with their "canned" business intelligence tool (Advanced Insight).
- They provide access to their underlying tables via Open Database Connection (ODBC). This streamlines business intelligence processes greatly.
- The "canned"/"stock" business intelligence tool (Advanced Insight) is very useful.
- Our dedicated customer support representative (Breah Teed) has exceeded our expectations.
- They do not currently allow users to "lock down" the date field which represents the date that payments were deposited into a bank account. Users are capable of perpetually changing these dates.
- They are currently building a process which allows users to reconcile payment data to a source document (typically an entity's bank account). We are eagerly awaiting the roll out of this product.
- We have had issues at times where undeserving patients were sent to collections due to software or human error (no true cause was ever found).
- Our ability to integrate with our BI tool via ODBC has had an immense positive effect on our business.
- Our bank reconciliation has struggled mightily since switching to AdvancedMD.
AdvancedMD is cloud-based. Kareo PM was cloud-based, but NextGen was not. The ability to reduce in-house infrastructure has been great. When we were using NextGen, it was much easier to reconcile our bank account to the payments posted in the PM software. AdvancedMD's access to data is far superior to that of Kareo or NextGen. NextGen's data was housed on internal servers, so we had similar carte blanche access to the data, but AdvancedMD is still superior.
AdvancedMD is appropriate for businesses that desire carte blanche access to the data contained in their entity's database. This is a great system for companies that are data/analytics driven. Unfortunately, the main drawback of the system (inability to accurately track deposit dates of payments) is a CRUCIAL FLAW. If a business is interested in a SIMPLE monthly reconciliation to their bank account, you will struggle with AdvancedMD.