Reviews (1-6 of 6)
September 21, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
- Keeps everything in one place and is easy to find what you need.
- There are different ways to get to the same screen so whatever works for you can be the right way to get the job done.
- Sends out information for you with the click of a button. Super easy!
- It does not auto balance accounts which would be helpful for us when patient's have a credit on one line but then a balance on another line.
- The reports could be broken down a little more detailed
Read Alysha De Leon's full review
Overall, I like using Kareo and it is very user friendly but it could use a few modifications on the points I have mentioned. They could also have more training like webinars to keep us users up to date when they add new features. Most of the time we come across useful items by accident but once we know about them we use them to our advantage.
January 10, 2018
Score 1 out of 10
- Text automation for patient confirmation
- Detailed billing reports
- Where to start...for one, during my start-up with a "success coach" and trust me, I use that term broadly, I had to f/u on every single issue that came up. I was told she was taking care of my electronic lab enrollment, after waiting 3 months and reaching out to my success coach, Kayli, countless times, I only was told when contacted by management that my Quest lab access had been denied after 2 weeks because I was never told to independently create my own account with Kareo- after asking/emailing/calling multiple times trying to figure out the process. So needless to say, I have NO electronic lab access 4 months after signing with Kareo and they are now just starting the process.
- Prescriptions- I had reached out to Kareo, no exaggeration, over 10 times to figure out why I wasn't receiving prescription refills. Spent countless hours on the phone with "support line" that could never give me an answer- to any question. And never f/u either until I directly insisted to my salesperson to have management contact me directly. I had a patient go to the hospital due to not having their medications because apparently their pharmacy had sent refill prescriptions over 3 times which I never received. Only after talking to management, did they look into further and then inform me that I had 3 locations in the system (?? I have ONE location). They were all prior addresses of offices, one from over 4 years ago. To date, again, 4 months after paying a year up front, I can't receive refill requests. And the solution proposed to me by management was to call my prior EHR and request they delete my prior addresses. And I cannot contact my prior EHR because I was in a large group that restricted the account to only 2 individuals in a group of 18 doctors to even have access to talk to them. So I can't resolve the issue, Kareo after 4 months instructs me to call them myself, and the prior EHR doesn't even recognize I had an account with them because it was under a group practice name.
- Online booking- I thought this would be an amazingly efficient add-on. What they don't tell you is you can only designate "increments" of appointment times. Kareo will tell you it syncs with your existing schedule so that online bookings are only in vacant time slots. I had new patients selecting a time increment of 15 minutes, existing patients selecting 45 minutes (with a deductible) and any increment over 15 minutes (which the patient can select at their own will, being if you choose 15 min increments, it will offer appointment length for 15 min, 30 min, 45 min, 60 min etc with no outline of the appropriate time length) will over-book your schedule. So if you have a 10-10:15 slot, the patient can select a 45 minute appointment that starts at 10 (Because that 15 minute slot is open). But then will overbook the patients at 10:15 and 10:30.
- It created utter chaos in my practice. My office manager spent more time calling patients to inform them they had booked an inappropriate time increment, they can't book a new appointment for 15 minutes, we don't accept their insurance...the list goes on.
- There is no way to restrict the increments or who can book an appointment.
- Messaging- I can't view what incoming messages from patients are sent to whom. And neither can my office manager. And the patient gets to select who to sent the message to, either the "provider" or "location." And 9 times out of 10 they send to the "provider." So as a physician, I am inundated with patient messages simply wanting to book a new appointment or reschedule. As a physician, obviously prioritizing my time is important and my office manager can't view these messages.
- The list goes on, unfortunately. "A/R" reports only allow them to calculate a theoretical A/R based on your self-pay rates to patients, not individual contracted rates with insurances. So my A/R has an inflated number, which I can't even quantify by how much, because the A/R is based as if every insurance patient paid as a self-pay patient. Seriously, no one thought this through?
- Can't send multiple controlled scripts at once electronically. Have to enter, go to separate site, enter code, be redirected back to KAreo then re-enter another med, be redirected to separate site, enter code, be redirected...Any other EHR I've ever used (and I've used around 6 between residency and private practice) you could enter multiple Rx, but then check the meds you wanted to send and then enter ONE code for, say, 2 controlled scripts. Kareo, you must enter separate codes one by one.
- I could go on but will choose to hope for all reading, you get the general point...
Read Ashley Toutounchi, MD's full review
I can't imagine who it is appropriate for- unless you could care less if you get prescription refill requests from pharmacies, send portal messages to patients but they have no clue they have a new message to read. It's not ideal for large or small practices. Allow them to overbook your schedule with "new patients" that are on insurance plans you don't even accept for a 15 minute time interval...So if this the flow of your practice- this is the EHR for you. Otherwise, steer clear.
February 02, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
- Insurance verification
- Quick claim rejection edits
- Easy ERA posting
- Faster response to simple issues we have
- Be able to chat online when we have a problem, simpler for our management.
- Customized templates would be nice
Read Lynn Reeves Hill's full review
Kareo is a blessing for our office. We have made more $$ since switching to Kareo then any other software combined. It is actually one of the best systems we have worked in. Reports are easy to read and review. We have success in patient collections which is our major downfall.
January 05, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
- Electronic eligibility checks makes checking coverage a snap.
- Kareo is easy to configure and navigate. The ability to open multiple windows is great, and allows billers to move around to different areas of the software with minimal clicking.
- Kareo has powerful reporting. The ability to run a variety of reports on demand is great. There are a number of predefined reports that can be further configured by the user, and Kareo makes available an Excel plugin that can produce additional types of reports if needed.
- I would like to see Kareo add the ability to print messages from the secure, built in messaging system.
- Having a way to shorten the CPT or DX codes on the superbill would be great. Currently, the descriptions frequently exceed the column width depending on the length of the text description.
- There's a current bug that causes the user account screen to refresh, and/or creates an error message. Reopening the window usually fixes the problem but this needs to be fixed.
Read Kevin McBride, PTA, CHMSP's full review
Kareo works great for small or large practices. It supports multiple providers and/or services locations. Kareo works well regardless of the specialty. The interface is easy to use and navigate, and it's the preferred platform for our billing staff. From front end scheduling to back end billing, every aspect of the software allows the user to quickly and efficiently perform their duties.
February 01, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
March 19, 2015
Score 8 out of 10
- Customer Service! They have always had an answer to any of my questions before exiting a phone call.
- Clearing house reports are very detailed. They give me the answers to denied claims without having to make a phone call.
- Reports are easy to read and maneuver through. Everything is easily accessible.
- We have had times where claims have been rejected or simply never made it to clearing house when there is a "glitch". (Hasn't happened recently)
- Could not use Kareo temporarily (12+ hrs), had to uninstall and reinstall program in order to fix issue.
- I am not familiar with any other EHR software, cannot compare Kareo to other reports.
Read Kristy Gallant's full review
Depending on the practice you are with, does the software have every report that you are looking for? It is always good to compare. We use QuickBooks for some reports that Kareo does not provide, but for the most part Kareo has everything that our practice needs. My boss enjoys seeing the ratio of procedure codes we are billing as well as how many clients are billed under which insurance.
Kareo Practice Management Scorecard Summary
About Kareo Practice Management
Kareo Practice Management provides cloud-based management and billing solutions for small medical offices. Some key features include: Complete Patient Management, Powerful Scheduler & Patient Reminders, Insurance Billing & Reporting, and Robust Patient Billing & Collections.
Categories: Practice Management
Kareo Practice Management Integrations
Kareo Practice Management Competitors
Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?No
|Physician Provider||$299||per provider|
|Low-Volume Provider||$149||per provider|
|Non-Physician Provider (Low-Volume)||$74.50||per provider|
Kareo Practice Management Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Kareo Practice Management Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|