Allscripts Practice Management Review 1 of 3
Allscripts Practice Management Review: "Ok for now"
https://www.trustradius.com/medical-office-software-emr-ehrAllscripts Practice ManagementUnspecified86101
January 10, 2019

Allscripts Practice Management Review: "Ok for now"

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Allscripts Practice Management

We use Allscripts Practice Management to manage our professional billing for the full revenue cycle of our physician billing - we create the claims, review the data and submit it for reimbursement. We also use the data for financial and quality data analysis and reporting.
  • Easy to combine data and reports.
  • Submit claims for reimbursement.
  • Edit and review patient data in patient accounts.
  • Some of the "canned" reports are wrong. We have reported issues to Allscripts multiple times and they never were interested in fixing the problem.
  • The work and total RVU values that are assigned to each CPT code don't have a reference for the year so we have to keep changing them every year and overwrite the old ones.
  • There is no option to load facility and non-facility values for total RVUs.
  • We've had an overall positive impact in reporting in data collection.
Allscripts Practice Management is better than Athena because it does not come as a service but is the software only;
I prefer the flexibility for customization compared to the other products I have used. I also have the most experience with Allscripts Practice Management compared to the other competitors. I don't believe that Allscripts has a future based on company mission and culture and am strongly considering other options for the long run.
More than 250 practitioners
It is a good and reliable software. There have been some issues with reporting and security concerns but overall the software is reliable and good as a short-term and midterm investment. The company, however, doesn't understand that they are a data company and I am concerned if they have a future in the long run. I would be very careful to invest in it if you were planning to use this long term.

Allscripts Practice Management Feature Ratings