Excellent product & great value for money
July 11, 2022

Excellent product & great value for money

Overall Satisfaction with AlphaSense

AlphaSense helps me with my market research - particularly when I want to find competitive intelligence. I think the main USP of AlphaSense is the access it gives me to analyst reports. These have been extremely useful for me when I have done analyses into competing businesses and specific market spaces that we operate in.

Pros

• Good search function.
  • Access to analyst reports which are usually paid.
  • Great customer service.

Cons

• Email alerts can be improved.
  • Better decision-making.
  • Validation of internal analysis.
  • Efficient company document analysis.
It is constantly improving and becoming more and more useable. However, I do not really like the email alerts - they are hard to read and pull too many results. Other than that, the search functionality is straightforward and I like how much potential there is to customize each search.
AlphaSense is excellent when it comes to searching through company documents and analyst reports. However, I do not think AlphaSense is great when it comes to looking for market news (at least in the Defence industry). I have used other tools which did this better and also allowed for better alerts/newsletters to be sent out. The other thing that makes it difficult is that everyone needs to have an account to get the alerts, whereas some competing products are designed for sending out newsletters in mass to everyone in the organization.
I have not used directly competing for products, but I have used other products that were much better for compiling defense news.

Do you think AlphaSense delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with AlphaSense's feature set?

Did AlphaSense live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of AlphaSense go as expected?

Would you buy AlphaSense again?

A scenario where it is well suited is forecasting revenues for customer or competitor companies. There are many analyst reports that have 3 - 5 year forecasts, which have been very useful for my analysis. Access to specific market reports written by analysts has also been very useful for me in the past. Finally, sorting through company documents is made much easier with AlphaSense.

I find AlphaSense is less useful when it comes to information on smaller private companies. Also, in terms of market news, I have seen better platforms out there.

Comments