Amazon Web Services (EC2)https://www.trustradius.com/infrastructure-as-a-service-iaasAmazon Web ServicesUnspecified8.94031012013-07-23T20:52:44.428Z
July 23, 2013
Amazon Web Services (EC2)
Score 9 out of 101
- EC2 makes it very quick and efficient to launch specific "builds" of your virtual machine image, if configured.
- EC2 makes it very easy to find off the shelf "builds" of specific applications and services that might meet the needs of the company.
- EC2 makes it very easy to understand the status and health of your virtual machines with just a few clicks.
- While the documentation is robust it is sometimes difficult to get access to an actual person who might be able to help with the design of your application and what Amazon service is most applicable.
- EC2 allowed us to create an automated scaling application that monitored both the users and the tests being launched so that Janova could bring up or down workers based on the demand. This allowed us to control the cost of the monthly plan for users across all levels.
- EC2 allowed us to save on operational infrastructure costs as Janova did not have to invest in hardware or support costs.
Janova was built utilizing the EC2 infrastructure and with Amazon's cost continuing to drop and with the capability to be billed hourly there is no reason to switch to a different platform.
- Janova utilized the EC2 platform to launch our automated software testing tool, Janova, to run automated web tests securely in the cloud.
- EC2 allowed Janova to leverage the cloud capabilities to give every user the power of an extensive infrastructure without having to actually invest in one.
- EC2 allowed Janova to make it possible for users to run automated tests - up to 20 times more tests in the same amount of time.