Apollo - Complex but worth it
November 28, 2018
Apollo - Complex but worth it
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Apollo
Our sales associates all use Apollo as one of the primary lead drivers for our organization, both from a prospecting perspective and from an outreach perspective. Apollo addresses two primary problems: it helps us find companies, individuals, AND their contact information (including email address), and we've struggled to find a lead source or list that does this at the scale that Apollo does. Secondly, it provides us with a robust email platform that allows us to create segmented drip campaigns.
- Prospecting: While the prospecting feature of Apollo can be a little overwhelming, the sheer number of prospects and the available search criteria are superb. One reason this sticks out from other lists is that these are constantly updated, we can flag any incorrect info, and we are reimbursed if an email address is incorrect (and they have a 97% deliverability).
- Email functionality: Their email drip campaign functionality is relatively similar to that of other similar platforms, however they're constantly adding new features and tweaks.
- Willingness to work with our ideas: There have been a number of instances where we've asked for a feature that doesn't yet exist and they've actually built it for us, which has been amazing.
- Job change trigger: Within Apollo there is a way to search for people who have recently started new jobs, an important lead trigger in our industry. Unfortunately, the information is typically incorrect or misleading, so we have to doublecheck the information elsewhere.
- Overwhelming: The tool can be a bit overwhelming because there is just so much there to use. It takes some time to get really used to the tool, and even at that point there are often other features that we aren't even fully using, like the plethora of reports that are available.
- We've seen a significant increase in outbound leads after using this tool (almost a 200% increase MoM).
- Negative: This tool does take a considerable amount of time to learn how to use, and you likely won't see results if someone is only spending minimal time within the tool, so we have invested a bit in hiring people to manage this tool.
We used to use Outreach.io for our email drip campaigns, but there was no lead prospecting functionality which is something we needed. We then looked into a wide variety of prospecting sources (including buying lists), and this was both the most affordable and the most tailored to what we needed.
Well suited: If you already have some email marketing experience and are looking for a) more lead sources and b) a more robust strategy, then this may be the tool for you.
Less appropriate: First and foremost, if you're not willing or able to invest the time, energy and resources into having someone dedicated to using this platform, it may not be worth it. Additionally, if you're not looking to drive leads with an outbound approach, this may not be the best investment.