We used it to find & download contacts within our TAM and their emails & LinkedIn.
Advanced search (8)
Contact information (9)
Identification of new leads (8)
Company information (9)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Apollo, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- $49 per month per userOptional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Apollo is an all-in-one sales intelligence platform with tools to help users prospect, engage, and drive more revenue. Sellers and marketers use Apollo to discover more customers in market, connect with contacts, and establish a modern go-to-market strategy.
Apollo's B2B Database includes over 220M contacts and 30M companies. Teams leverage Apollo’s Engagement Suite to scale outbound activity and sequences effectively. Finally, Apollo's Intelligence Engine supports the user's go-to-market processes with recommendations and analytics that help close.
Apollo boasts a large, accurate, B2B lead database. Their data quantity and quality offer sales, marketing, recruiting, and financial professionals an edge to access the information they can’t get elsewhere.
Founded in 2015, Apollo.io is a data intelligence and sales engagement platform with over 10,000 customers, from rapidly growing startups to global enterprises.
- Supported: Advanced search
- Supported: Web browser extension
- Supported: Identification of new leads
- Supported: List quality
- Supported: Email contacts
- Supported: Direct dial contacts
- Supported: List upload/download
- Supported: Ideal customer targeting
- Supported: LinkedIn integration
- Supported: Data.com integration
- Supported: Load time/data access
- Supported: Contact information
- Supported: Company information
- Supported: Industry information
- Supported: Lead qualification process
- Supported: Smart lists and recommendations
- Supported: Salesforce integration
- Supported: Company/business profiles
- Supported: News updates
- Supported: Prospect tracking/following
- Supported: Alerts and reminders
- Supported: Data hygiene
- Supported: Automatic data refresh
- Supported: Tags
- Supported: Filters and segmentation
- Supported: Notes
- Supported: Salesforce opportunity creation
- Supported: Ability to append contact, lead, and account level data
- Supported: Automated initial emails
- Supported: Sales email templates
- Supported: Engagement tracking
- Supported: Append emails to records
- Supported: Gmail integration
- Supported: Exchange integration
- Supported: Marketing automation integration
I use this mostly with LinkedIn sales navigator to zero in on the contact I need to reach out to, using the extension I can transfer all the contact list (25 at a time) and send them to the Apollo email sequence. The Email sequence in turn sends preset emails to these prospects.
Alternatively, I can simply check the email of an individual as well.
- Contact Discovery.
- Email sequencing.
- Analytics of emails sent.
- Phone numbers of individuals.
- Setting up the email sequence has a little bit of a learning curve.
- Removing contacts from the list can be a bit difficult.
- Changing time of email schedules can also be difficult.
- Can be more intuitive.
It is a little difficult to find contact info on other websites.
- Generates detailed information of contacts and companies, really interested in our services. It searches for contacts by email and even by networks such as LinkedIn.
- Also the software allows us to add notes on each contact in the address book and database we have, in order to identify customers faster.
- I like that we can divide the database into several sections such as clients and potential clients and thus differentiate the contacts.
- The system tends to slow down when exporting data and does not allow any other action when in that process.
- We have had problems with some integrations and problems using the software and the technical service has not been helpful, they have not provided us with a solution and we had to solve the problem with an external technician.
- It would be a great help if the software could provide more information about the data of the clients that enter the web page, in this way we could capture clients through the page.
- Provide email Ids of prospects
- Provide contact numbers of prospects
- Provide revenue details of organizations
- Provide employee count size
- Provide industry specific information
- The coverage in India is somewhat lacking compared to the US market
- Sometimes the company info on Apollo does not match with the actual info
- Contact details of certain folks are invalid
- Verifies contacts before we reach out to them
- Lead Discovery is extremely powerful
- Lead Enrichment improves our conversion rate
- Would love to see advanced and powerful email automation
- Reporting features are not very intuitive
- Reporting pages are slow
- Provides valid contact information.
- Social media integration.
- Easy to use.
- Unlimited searches.
- Sometimes, it takes too slow to load.
- It takes a lot of keywords before a certain prospect or company shows.
- Some of the companies, a small company to be exact, doesn't show.
- Nurturing leads
- Sales campaigns automation
- Cold calls information
- Sales templates
- User interface
- Enterprise pricing
- User experience
It is less appropriate for cold calls as sometimes the web page gets frozen. There is room for improvement in terms of the information provided to the sales rep. In terms of UI, there are many opportunities to make it easier for users to understand how the tool works.
- Email verification
- Search and filter
- Integration with other services
- Database prospecting
- Add companies by web domain
- Suggestions for database modification
- Provides company and employee info
- Automatic email marketing
- Gmail integration
- Analytics & weekly summary
- Apollo has been amazing for my business and time management, and I really can't think of anything that has been negative for me.
- Identify and verify corporate email address
- Easy to use and navigate
- Competitive pricing
- Outbound marketing email automation
- More user training
- Better feature explanation
- Integrates nicely with both LinkedIn and Gmail.
- Desktop notification when someone opens your email.
- Email addresses are available for most LinkedIn contacts.
- Sequences are just for email. It lacks the ability to send LinkedIn InMail.
- There is not a way to see phone numbers of contacts for a follow-up call.
- Provides contact information for business professionals
- Details business information that helps us qualify potential clients
- Allows direct email marketing via integration with email
- Verifying data accuracy on financial figures to determine accurate company size
- Contact quality
- Contact details
- Provide contact info
- Having accurate data
- Great workflows
- simplify the linkedin process
- more CRM integrations
- User Interface is pretty good
- Integration with LinkedIn
- Great Customer service team behind it
- Their credits policy - 1 credit per contact you are allowed to complete
- The process to complete the contacts' information does not always work well
- Integrate with Zapier - it did not when I was using it, not sure about now
We used it to find & download contacts within our TAM and their emails & LinkedIn.
- Finding accurate contacts
- LinkedIn extension on Chrome
- Accurate emails
- Sending sales sequences
- Need to increase contact coverage. It's always too short of the actual [number] of contacts we can find on LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Need more accurate phone numbers / direct dials / cell phone numbers.
but need to look for a tool with a more comprehensive data coverage in long run.
- All in one tool
- Enhancements to the sales acceleration capabilities and integration into Salesforce
- Better quality contact information
For those companies with ideal customer profiles in the tech industry, like ours, you might find the contact data lacking in accuracy and size.
- For teams that are looking to scale up their outbound efforts.
- Teams that rely heavily on LinkedIn information as opposed to DiscoverOrg / ZoomInfo.
- Reporting and dashboards
- Integration into other tools
- Ease of use.
- Competitive cost.
- Additional trainings for new features.
- Filtering by specific sequences that were missed in the past.
- Built-in phone and email verification.
- Proactive job change alerts.
- Updates can be buggy at times.
- Some recent changes hinder usability.
- Captures inbound/outbound activity with contacts
- Email sequencing
- Lead scraping
- Apollo desktop extension
- Sometimes Apollo won’t recognize a contact and have it attached to a different account
- I wish there was more customization with sequences
- Finding specific companies based on specific prospect search qualifications
- Creating multi-touch email sequences
- Linking to linkedin to gather customer information
- Linkedin information is often times incorrect, high email bounce backs
- Filtering by location, title, company size, funding, etc. is extremely helpful so I can narrow my results to what I want/need.
- The export is very clean and helpful
- Apollo provides a list of emails that are verified vs some that are "guessed."
- There are way too many unverified email address. In fact, one of my reps got their account suspended because there were too many bounces.
- The Salesforce integration is foggy - not quite sure how to use it.
- Allows users to easily add new prospects to database without much manual effort at all
- Allows you to make cold calls from different area codes that are relevant to where your prospect is located
- Allows A/B testing for emails so you can figure out which ones are gaining the most traction
- You can also find prospects based off of title, company, technologies, etc
- Their reliability has been an issue for our team. The product has been down multiple times since I've been a user.
- Some times prospects titles/roles are out of date, so keeping up with those a bit more would be helpful during sourcing
- I've received a lot of spam calls that are completely irrelevant to me, but it comes down to an issue on their side with using so many numbers from different area codes. This was a major pain in the beginning, but has subsided a bit.
- Prospecting: While the prospecting feature of Apollo can be a little overwhelming, the sheer number of prospects and the available search criteria are superb. One reason this sticks out from other lists is that these are constantly updated, we can flag any incorrect info, and we are reimbursed if an email address is incorrect (and they have a 97% deliverability).
- Email functionality: Their email drip campaign functionality is relatively similar to that of other similar platforms, however they're constantly adding new features and tweaks.
- Willingness to work with our ideas: There have been a number of instances where we've asked for a feature that doesn't yet exist and they've actually built it for us, which has been amazing.
- Job change trigger: Within Apollo there is a way to search for people who have recently started new jobs, an important lead trigger in our industry. Unfortunately, the information is typically incorrect or misleading, so we have to doublecheck the information elsewhere.
- Overwhelming: The tool can be a bit overwhelming because there is just so much there to use. It takes some time to get really used to the tool, and even at that point there are often other features that we aren't even fully using, like the plethora of reports that are available.
- Provides verified emails
- Integrates well with your CRM
- Filters contacts by revenue, size, job title, etc.
- Could use more background on the companies that they provide
- Would be useful if they provided the copywriting for email sequences
- Make it easier to switch whether individual contacts can be put into CRM or not