Great tool!

March 15, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022

Advanced search (8)

9.8

Contact information (9)

Identification of new leads (8)

Company information (9)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Apollo, and make your voice heard!

What is Apollo?

Apollo is an all-in-one sales intelligence platform with tools to help users prospect, engage, and drive more revenue. Sellers and marketers use Apollo to discover more customers in market, connect with contacts, and establish a modern go-to-market strategy. Apollo's B2B Database…

• $49 per month per userOptional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://apollo.io/pricing

1 person want pricing too

What is UpLead?

UpLead is a B2B data provider and technology company based in Southern California providing access to verified B2B contacts with direct email addresses. Search by industry, location, sales volume, number of employees, public vs private, contact title, job function, management level, technologies…

What is Lusha Extension?

Lusha, headquartered in New York, supplies sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals with additional profile data for leads and job candidates. The data is available as a browser or Salesforce plugin, via an API, or through Lusha's Zapier integration.

Prospecting

Sales Intelligence Data Standards

Data Augmentation & Lead Qualification

Sales Intelligence Email Features

9.6

What is Apollo?

Apollo's B2B Database includes over 220M contacts and 30M companies. Teams leverage Apollo’s Engagement Suite to scale outbound activity and sequences effectively. Finally, Apollo's Intelligence Engine supports the user's go-to-market processes with recommendations and analytics that help close.

Apollo boasts a large, accurate, B2B lead database. Their data quantity and quality offer sales, marketing, recruiting, and financial professionals an edge to access the information they can’t get elsewhere.

Founded in 2015, Apollo.io is a data intelligence and sales engagement platform with over 10,000 customers, from rapidly growing startups to global enterprises.

Apollo Features

• Supported: Tags
  • Supported: Filters and segmentation
  • Supported: Notes
  • Supported: Salesforce opportunity creation
  • Supported: Ability to append contact, lead, and account level data

Sales Intelligence Email Features Features

• Supported: Gmail integration
  • Supported: Exchange integration
  • Supported: Marketing automation integration

Apollo Screenshots

Find every prospect. Uncover high-intent contacts in your market.Connect with every contact. Orchestrate multi-step sequences at scale.Optimize your sales strategy. Unlock efficiencies and opportunities across your entire workflow.Apollo B2B Lead Database - Access data on more than 250M people and companies.Apollo Engagement Suite - Automate personalized messages across your entire pipeline.Apollo Intelligence Engine - Improve your revenue strategy across your workflow and boost efficiencies.

Apollo Integrations

Apollo Competitors

Apollo Technical Details

Supported CountriesGlobal

How much does Apollo cost?

Apollo starts at $0.

What is Apollo's best feature?

Reviewers rate Advanced search and Sales email templates highest, with a score of 9.8.

Who uses Apollo?

The most common users of Apollo are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

I use Apollo for contact discovery and email sequencing, Apollo has a chrome extension that pulls up email addresses, phone numbers, and board lines of a particular contact.
I use this mostly with LinkedIn sales navigator to zero in on the contact I need to reach out to, using the extension I can transfer all the contact list (25 at a time) and send them to the Apollo email sequence. The Email sequence in turn sends preset emails to these prospects.
Alternatively, I can simply check the email of an individual as well.
  • Contact Discovery.
  • Email sequencing.
  • Analytics of emails sent.
  • Phone numbers of individuals.
  • Setting up the email sequence has a little bit of a learning curve.
  • Removing contacts from the list can be a bit difficult.
  • Changing time of email schedules can also be difficult.
  • Can be more intuitive.
Best suited for contact discovery on LinkedIn or for that matter any website, but it works best on LinkedIn. It saves tons of work, you can simply select the complete list of people you want to contact and put them directly into an email sequence.
It is a little difficult to find contact info on other websites.
Richard Jassel | TrustRadius Reviewer
In the department we are using this application to improve our search for new customers. It has excellent filters and good segmentation management, which is allowing us to find the perfect customers and we have been able to increase our sales. It is saving us a lot of time, which we are investing in improving business relationships with our customers.
  • Generates detailed information of contacts and companies, really interested in our services. It searches for contacts by email and even by networks such as LinkedIn.
  • Also the software allows us to add notes on each contact in the address book and database we have, in order to identify customers faster.
  • I like that we can divide the database into several sections such as clients and potential clients and thus differentiate the contacts.
  • The system tends to slow down when exporting data and does not allow any other action when in that process.
  • We have had problems with some integrations and problems using the software and the technical service has not been helpful, they have not provided us with a solution and we had to solve the problem with an external technician.
  • It would be a great help if the software could provide more information about the data of the clients that enter the web page, in this way we could capture clients through the page.
I recommend the use of this software for capturing leads and companies, it has helped us to obtain high quality executive data, achieving important alliances and sales. Undoubtedly we have achieved a breakthrough in our business relationships not only nationally, but internationally.
As a B2B HR Tech, we reach out to a lot of CXOs of different prospect companies. Apollo comes very handy when we need the contact information of these specific senior management folks - their Email IDs/contact numbers and some relevant data related to the specific organisation in terms of revenue, employee size, and industry operated in.
  • Provide email Ids of prospects
  • Provide contact numbers of prospects
  • Provide revenue details of organizations
  • Provide employee count size
  • Provide industry specific information
  • The coverage in India is somewhat lacking compared to the US market
  • Sometimes the company info on Apollo does not match with the actual info
  • Contact details of certain folks are invalid
Any organisation that is looking at setting up an outbound process where they need a tool that can help them in identifying who are the relevant decision-makers in that organisation. Specific decision-makers of certain functions and help out with their contact details/email IDs and company information that can enable your SDRs to make a targeted approach.
Our outbound sales team is often required to generate high-quality leads that we can target for our software product, and Apollo's smart interface has been super useful for our team to fetch highly qualified leads. Automatic enrichment of leads saves a lot of time for our team to get the right quality leads, and hence our conversion rate is high.
  • Verifies contacts before we reach out to them
  • Lead Discovery is extremely powerful
  • Lead Enrichment improves our conversion rate
  • Would love to see advanced and powerful email automation
  • Reporting features are not very intuitive
  • Reporting pages are slow
Apollo has been extremely useful when we were hunting for powerful lead discovery and enrichment tools for our needs. The app is extremely intuitive, and we could discover some really high-quality leads for our software product. It was not only easy to use but also provided us with some really well-enriched data of leads.
Apollo helps the company I'm working in a way that it provides legitimate contact information for a particular company and prospect. Its verifier is trustworthy. The phone number it gives and the email verified is honestly working. Another thing is that, it has social media integration which supported a specific prospect and company's background.
  • Provides valid contact information.
  • Social media integration.
  • Easy to use.
  • Unlimited searches.
  • Sometimes, it takes too slow to load.
  • It takes a lot of keywords before a certain prospect or company shows.
  • Some of the companies, a small company to be exact, doesn't show.
Upon using this software, Apollo, I experience an ease in my field of work. I am able to produce more than my usual number of prospect information. Increase in process and progress regarding the state of probable person is amazing. At the same time, I am able to finish my task faster than my usual days of cramming and worrying I might not wrap up my task.
March 15, 2022

Great tool!

We were able to build a high-level pipeline for new opportunities regarding staff augmentation services. We were able to increase our engagement level with our customers through cold calls with data provided by Apollo. Although it didn't have 100% of the information for all of our customers, a considerable amount of them were reached out to thanks to Apollo.
  • Nurturing leads
  • Sales campaigns automation
  • Cold calls information
  • Sales templates
  • User interface
  • Enterprise pricing
  • User experience
It is well suited for lead nurturing and sales campaigns automation.

It is less appropriate for cold calls as sometimes the web page gets frozen. There is room for improvement in terms of the information provided to the sales rep. In terms of UI, there are many opportunities to make it easier for users to understand how the tool works.
With Apollo, we could start to professionalize the lead generation area. It's a great tool to support lead qualification and to engage prospects. After using this tool, we could say that cold emailing answers ramped up to 10x. Now we are trying to include Apollo in the whole sales process to increase the sales conversions ratio.
  • Email verification
  • Search and filter
  • Integration with other services
  • Database prospecting
  • Interface
  • Add companies by web domain
  • Suggestions for database modification
Apollo is great to support a sales or marketing department. In my recommendation, do not limit the use to one tool. In different databases, you could find other relevant information about the prospect. The browser add-in could be used as a complement to all users so they can benefit indirectly. In your outbound process, Apollo is a must-have.
Steven Speckman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Apollo to help me find new leads and clients. I have the Chrome extension that I can select on any website and it will provide me with contacts and titles. From there I can enter them directly into my cold email sequence and then continue with my prospecting. I also have Apollo integrated into my Gmail, so if I can't find a name or direct contact info, I can send a general email while still using my saved email sequence templates and set follow-up reminders which get tracked and recorded in my Apollo account.
  • Provides company and employee info
  • Automatic email marketing
  • Gmail integration
  • Analytics & weekly summary
  • Apollo has been amazing for my business and time management, and I really can't think of anything that has been negative for me.
I want to take you through a brief example. Let's say I wanted to reach out to local roofing companies to offer them a special. I used to use Google Maps to search for all of the businesses, then go to each of their websites and find the right person to contact. After that, I would open a new email template and then change the "name," "business name," and other business-related info such as the person's title/position. I would have to set a reminder to email them again later with another template. With Apollo, the first couple of steps are the same (Google Maps and website) but now, once I am on their website, I select the Apollo extension button, and I am provided employees and their contact info. I select one or all of them and add them to a sequence that I have prebuilt in Apollo, and then I am done. That person will receive emails from me that is auto-populated with their correct info, and my sales pitch is on auto-pilot now. If the person replies to an email, the sequence will stop, but if they do not reply, the sequence will continue until it has finished the specifics that I set up.
We use Apollo to research leads, find verified email addresses, understand how a company may be structured and set up email sequences to help bring more automation to our outbound email marketing efforts. We chose Apollo as it was well rated, and the pricing structure was reasonable.
  • Identify and verify corporate email address
  • Easy to use and navigate
  • Competitive pricing
  • Outbound marketing email automation
  • More user training
  • Better feature explanation
We use Apollo to identify companies that fall within our defined ICP, create lead lists, hot and warm lists, and automate email outreach.
Jake Hall | TrustRadius Reviewer
Apollo is used by the marketing department for sales outreach. Apollo integrates nicely with both LinkedIn and Gmail. Scrape contacts in LinkedIn to find their email, enter them into an email sequence, and then track recent opens. There's even a handy desktop notification when someone opens your email, so you know you're getting through and can immediately follow up with a phone call. Scrape contacts in LinkedIn to find their email, enter them into an email sequence, and then track recent opens. There's even a handy desktop notification when someone opens your email, so you know you're getting through and can immediately follow up with a phone call.
  • Integrates nicely with both LinkedIn and Gmail.
  • Desktop notification when someone opens your email.
  • Email addresses are available for most LinkedIn contacts.
  • Sequences are just for email. It lacks the ability to send LinkedIn InMail.
  • There is not a way to see phone numbers of contacts for a follow-up call.
Prospecting tools can be expensive, too expensive for startups and small businesses. Apollo is simple, but it gives the basic automation needed to make prospecting efficient and personalized. Apollo would not be for you if you're looking for a tool offering the ability to send SMS, voicemail, or LinkedIn InMail.
Krystal Covington | TrustRadius Reviewer
Part of our marketing strategy is achieving a number of networking appointments to share marketing ideas with ideal clients. I use Apollo to reach out to clients within specific niches we work well with to invite them to a meeting to learn about marketing tactics we suggest for their business.
  • Provides contact information for business professionals
  • Details business information that helps us qualify potential clients
  • Allows direct email marketing via integration with email
  • Verifying data accuracy on financial figures to determine accurate company size
Apollo works extremely well for me and provides me with enough information to drive my outreach decisions. I can create well-targeted marketing automation and go into the system just once per month to keep a regular schedule of appointments set for myself.
November 10, 2021

Houston we have liftoff!

Anthony Pompano | TrustRadius Reviewer
Apollo is the solution we needed without paying the price of the expensive competitors. This product is being used by our entire sales organization daily to contact prospects and we even use it in marketing to promote events we are hosting. It helps us find the right contacts in a business and build sequences for outreach increasing sales.
  • Sequencing
  • Contact quality
  • Contact details
  • Analytics
Anyone doing hunter type sales NEEDS Apollo. It is the one of the best sales tools on the market and at a very affordable price. If you need to find the right contact in a company Apollo makes it very easy to find their contact information and even social profiles.
Helps us source leads in the Financial Advisory Industry. Very helpful in finding out the contact information of who we should target. That would include the email address and phone number many times. It has also helped us uncover additional leads in the firm that we may have overlooked at first glance.
  • Provide contact info
  • Having accurate data
  • Great workflows
  • simplify the linkedin process
  • more CRM integrations
If you need a platform to automate workflows and help you with the contact information of your target companies and individuals Apollo does a fantastic job. The time is saved our team in researching and usually failing to find this information on our own cannot be measured. I can tell you though it improved our contact rate by a factor of 10.
Angel RIBO - The CEO Confidant | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Apollo me and my prospecting team. They learned how to integrate it with the rest of the Lead Generation activities and initiatives of the company. The main issue we were trying to solve was to put structure to the activities that we conduct on LinkedIn and to nurture the limited information that we get there from the people that we are trying to reach out to. We needed a repository, kind of a basic CRM, and we needed to complete the information that we were getting from LinkedIn.
  • User Interface is pretty good
  • Integration with LinkedIn
  • Great Customer service team behind it
  • Their credits policy - 1 credit per contact you are allowed to complete
  • The process to complete the contacts' information does not always work well
  • Integrate with Zapier - it did not when I was using it, not sure about now
I believe that every user has a different perspective of the same tool. I would recommend Apollo due to the fact that the promise it makes is really ambitious. Some people, depending on what they are looking for, might find Apollo good enough and comprehensive enough. That was not my case. I signed up and accrued 100s of credits myself and then used it on a large batch of records/data. Unfortunately, most of the contacts failed to include additional information. It was really frustrating. Again, someone might be able to do that better.
The support team was really good. They would help you right away, and they would not drop the case at any time.
It was used by [the] sales & marketing team.
We used it to find & download contacts within our TAM and their emails & LinkedIn.
  • Finding accurate contacts
  • LinkedIn extension on Chrome
  • Accurate emails
  • Sending sales sequences
  • Need to increase contact coverage. It's always too short of the actual [number] of contacts we can find on LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
  • Need more accurate phone numbers / direct dials / cell phone numbers.
Apollo is a one stop tool to get started with finding contacts & starting with outreach campaigns. It's easy to use,
but need to look for a tool with a more comprehensive data coverage in long run.
We used Apollo to potentially consolidate our sales acceleration as well as our contact info database, but it didn't end up being the right fit for our company. We found that Apollo was good at both, but not great at either. Contact info was not as accurate as we had in other systems. The sales acceleration workflow was good, but it lacked some of the integration with Salesforce that we required. In the end, we required a more robust offering on each side of that equation and elected to move on to other options.
  • All in one tool
  • Enhancements to the sales acceleration capabilities and integration into Salesforce
  • Better quality contact information
Apollo would be well suited for a company that is looking to save money and consolidate functions in their tech stack while conceding that there are other tools that might provide a higher-quality experience but at a higher cost.

For those companies with ideal customer profiles in the tech industry, like ours, you might find the contact data lacking in accuracy and size.
Apollo was used for the past three or four years as the tool for the company's initial outbounding efforts. Apollo was used by the entire BDR organization, from when it was just 1 person to when we got to about 8 people. A few months ago we switched to Outreach.io.
  • For teams that are looking to scale up their outbound efforts.
  • Teams that rely heavily on LinkedIn information as opposed to DiscoverOrg / ZoomInfo.
  • Reporting and dashboards
  • Integration into other tools
I think it depends on where the organization is and their goals. Apollo worked incredibly well for our small team that had more of a mass-blast style to our outbound efforts in the beginning. As we scaled, we needed a tool that synced better with SFDC and ZoomInfo, which is why we went to Outreach.
I received excellent support at any time I opened up a ticket. But I would add to it that the tool was very self-explanatory, so there wasn't much need for support. With Outreach, we have a closer relationship with our CSM because of the intricacy in things like SFDC task mapping.
January 15, 2020

Apollo Rocks!

Apollo is our trusted sales automation tool. We use it to expedite the sales process and reach more potential prospects with more organized outreach in a quicker amount of time. Our entire sales team uses Apollo.
  • Ease of use.
  • Competitive cost.
  • Additional trainings for new features.
  • Filtering by specific sequences that were missed in the past.
Apollo is suited for any sales team that needs to book many meetings a month and needs a means of managing/organizing outreach. Apollo allows you to edit manual emails, which comes in handy when adding personalized touches to your outreach. Apollo is a good way to maintain a larger book of business. Likewise, it is not necessary when trying to manage only a handful of clients.
I've only had one problem with Apollo and the issue was resolved in a matter of minutes.
January 15, 2020

Apollo is best in class

Our entire sales team uses Apollo for our email tracking, logging, prospect searching, and their "cadences" feature. Particularly, their database of prospects is pretty accurate and allowed us to get rid of other tools like ZoomInfo and DiscoverOrg. The cadences and playbooks help keep our sales team organized and A/B test our messaging and outreach. Awesome software.
  • Built-in phone and email verification.
  • Proactive job change alerts.
  • Updates can be buggy at times.
  • Some recent changes hinder usability.
The tool is well suited for inside sales teams who have to be strategic with a book of named accounts. Contact status fields that push to salesforce easily help us identify which contacts to focus our attention on.
Support is awesome and very helpful!
October 24, 2019

Apollo Review 2019

We currently use Apollo across the sales organization for prospecting, email sequencing and opportunity follow ups.
  • Captures inbound/outbound activity with contacts
  • Email sequencing
  • Lead scraping
  • Apollo desktop extension
  • Sometimes Apollo won’t recognize a contact and have it attached to a different account
  • I wish there was more customization with sequences
Apollo is well suited for sales organizations who are prospecting into a high number of accounts.
I don’t always know the best channel to reach out to for support with Apollo. I usually just leverage internal support at my company.
Parker Thomas | TrustRadius Reviewer
Apollo is being used in our sales department, to build sequences and target potential customers. It addresses a purely bandwidth related problem. It works in a way that you can target a large audience of a specific demographic without having to spend all the man hours.
  • Finding specific companies based on specific prospect search qualifications
  • Creating multi-touch email sequences
  • Linking to linkedin to gather customer information
  • Linkedin information is often times incorrect, high email bounce backs
Apollo is better suited for creating sequences. Although some helpful information can be found, you would not want to rely on it completely for finding prospect info.
Jordon Sargent | TrustRadius Reviewer
Apollo is being used to find new leads to contact for our outbound sales team. It's a database of thousands of leads. It saves time for our reps so they don't have to spend hours searching for contact information.
  • Filtering by location, title, company size, funding, etc. is extremely helpful so I can narrow my results to what I want/need.
  • The export is very clean and helpful
  • Apollo provides a list of emails that are verified vs some that are "guessed."
  • There are way too many unverified email address. In fact, one of my reps got their account suspended because there were too many bounces.
  • The Salesforce integration is foggy - not quite sure how to use it.
It's okay because it's free and they give you quite a bit of free leads if you follow the "tutorial." Compared to other software, it's not as accurate, but it's a great place to start.
We use Apollo for sourcing and outreach purposes on the sales team. Majority of the other departments don't really put Apollo to use. Personally, I use Apollo daily and can give you some background on how I use it in my day to day. I use Apollo to automatically send out emails, create email templates, make cold calls, and source new prospects. There is a nifty tool that integrates decent with Salesforce that allows you to add leads to your database with the click of a button.
  • Allows users to easily add new prospects to database without much manual effort at all
  • Allows you to make cold calls from different area codes that are relevant to where your prospect is located
  • Allows A/B testing for emails so you can figure out which ones are gaining the most traction
  • You can also find prospects based off of title, company, technologies, etc
  • Their reliability has been an issue for our team. The product has been down multiple times since I've been a user.
  • Some times prospects titles/roles are out of date, so keeping up with those a bit more would be helpful during sourcing
  • I've received a lot of spam calls that are completely irrelevant to me, but it comes down to an issue on their side with using so many numbers from different area codes. This was a major pain in the beginning, but has subsided a bit.
Apollo is well suited in cases where automation is essential in your outreach. It sends out as many emails as you'd like daily and you literally don't have to spend any time on them. Another form of automation is the way it tracks your stats as well. We keep tallies daily of our activity and the reports do that for you, which is very helpful.
Laura Cain | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales associates all use Apollo as one of the primary lead drivers for our organization, both from a prospecting perspective and from an outreach perspective. Apollo addresses two primary problems: it helps us find companies, individuals, AND their contact information (including email address), and we've struggled to find a lead source or list that does this at the scale that Apollo does. Secondly, it provides us with a robust email platform that allows us to create segmented drip campaigns.
  • Prospecting: While the prospecting feature of Apollo can be a little overwhelming, the sheer number of prospects and the available search criteria are superb. One reason this sticks out from other lists is that these are constantly updated, we can flag any incorrect info, and we are reimbursed if an email address is incorrect (and they have a 97% deliverability).
  • Email functionality: Their email drip campaign functionality is relatively similar to that of other similar platforms, however they're constantly adding new features and tweaks.
  • Willingness to work with our ideas: There have been a number of instances where we've asked for a feature that doesn't yet exist and they've actually built it for us, which has been amazing.
  • Job change trigger: Within Apollo there is a way to search for people who have recently started new jobs, an important lead trigger in our industry. Unfortunately, the information is typically incorrect or misleading, so we have to doublecheck the information elsewhere.
  • Overwhelming: The tool can be a bit overwhelming because there is just so much there to use. It takes some time to get really used to the tool, and even at that point there are often other features that we aren't even fully using, like the plethora of reports that are available.
Well suited: If you already have some email marketing experience and are looking for a) more lead sources and b) a more robust strategy, then this may be the tool for you.

Less appropriate: First and foremost, if you're not willing or able to invest the time, energy and resources into having someone dedicated to using this platform, it may not be worth it. Additionally, if you're not looking to drive leads with an outbound approach, this may not be the best investment.
We use Apollo to find the right contacts to target for our email marketing, ABM strategies, and other outbound marketing outreach. This is only used by our marketing and sales team. It helps us segment lists of the right people as well as provide their contact information, from job title, email, phone, etc.
  • Provides verified emails
  • Integrates well with your CRM
  • Filters contacts by revenue, size, job title, etc.
  • Could use more background on the companies that they provide
  • Would be useful if they provided the copywriting for email sequences
  • Make it easier to switch whether individual contacts can be put into CRM or not
While few lead prospecting tools are cheap, Apollo is one of the more affordable options because it incorporates robust email functionality with a massive contact database that makes finding the right person relatively easy. If you need a deeper dive into the person or company, this won't be able to serve those needs as well. For the price, it is certainly worth your consideration though.