An Excellent BPMS Toolhttps://www.trustradius.com/low-code-developmentAppianUnspecified7.91601012014-03-14T20:38:23.217Z
March 14, 2014
An Excellent BPMS Tool
Score 8 out of 101
We were looking at Appian to automate different IT Disaster Recovery service delivery process. The goal was to automate the workflow, facilitate the rolling out of new processes and improve the tracking and reporting. This effort was part of process improvement initiatives.The processes we were looking to automate spanned multiple departments withing the organization and were hand-off heavy between departments.
- Appian has a stable platform. It is possible to code some complex processes without running the risk of application crashing
- Intuitive interface for the application user
- Cloud availability makes it very easy to implement Appian without having to set up infrastructure
- Easily integrates with document management systems and BI solutions
- Development could be a little easier. Development requires coding experience.
- How complex is the process being automated? Does it require integration with other solutions such as document repository, LDAP, CRM...etc.?
- Are there solutions available in the market that specifically address the process being automated? For example, automating an IT Incident Management process can be easier using a standard tool built for that purpose rather than developing a new application with Appian.
- How mature is the process? It is recommended to get the process to a high level of maturity before investing the time in automating it.