- Enterprise intranet wiki.
- Primarily designed for documentation, how to's, instructionals.
- Also used as a bulletin board for posting meeting minutes, project info & specs, announcements.
- Very expandable with modules and plugins. Allowed embedding of Word and Excel sheets, and integrates with the JIRA ticketing system.
- Could have a more robust system for comments.
- Could have more options for more embedded content, like multimedia.
- Allowed us to post documentation of in-business content: project arcs, business plan, personnel contact info, business FAQs and practices.
- Great repository for technical content, saved us from having to "reinvent the wheel" and keep people on the same page.
- Invaluable for bringing new team members up to speed when joining new projects.
- Invaluable for new hires to quickly get themselves acquainted with in-house methods, practices, and knowledge.
This formed the backbone for our business infrastructure; when in doubt just check the wiki. Very easy to pick up, but with plenty of features and capabilities for those willing to dig a little, it is a classic case of "easy to learn, but takes time to master."
A fantastic intranet wiki for enterprise, with a cleaner interface and far more expandable options than standard wiki solutions.