Overall Satisfaction with Axcient
machineLOGIC is a Managed Services Provider (MSP). We are an Axcient partner and use Axcient as the core of the backup solution that we provide to our clients. It gives us the ability to drop in a server and get both on-site and cloud backup in place for the client. It also helps us standardize our backup offering and minimize training to our own staff.
- Local backups are fast.
- Cloud backups make everyone happy.
- Centralized management console helps keep all of our backup management in one place.
- The sales model has changed several times since we became partners -- it can be confusing to keep current and ensure that our pricing is still accurate and realistic.
- I, personally, am not loving the new model towards "bring your own server."
- Standardized backup solution.
- Minimized employee training and increased efficiency.
It does what we need it to do and the pricing is generally acceptable if we can adapt to selling/leasing servers as part of the model.
Like any cloud backup solution, make sure you understand how much data the client wants to backup and [most importantly] how fast their Internet connection is. Don't waste time selling it into a scenario with 1 TB of data and a T-1 connection... That being said, you do have the option of marking parts of backups as "local only" to minimize how much is transferred.
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Remote Management Console (RMC) centralizes management of all of your Axcient appliances across all clients. Offers quick status of all devices and can be uses to generate alerts (and integration with your PSA tool). From the RMC it is just a couple clicks to log onto any individual device.