Overall Satisfaction with BlackLine
Blackline Reconciliation & Matching Modules are utilized to organize and optimize the account reconciliation process. The ability to organize, manage & manipulate the data in different ways depending on account allows the user & reviewer to see what is important more efficiently. All accounts are reconciled within Blackline and the bank accounts are leveraging the matching module at the moment.
- Manages large volumes of data
- Matches off transactions (matching module) with pre-selected rules
- Easy to manipulate the data within the tool
- More training for user optimization
- Costly implementation
- Additional consulting to bring new accounts into Blackline
- Managing large quantities of data
- Matching module to understand variances/outstanding items
- Data Retention
- Ability to track similar activities across multiple accounts
- Short turnaround on ad hoc account queries
- Matching module allows easy access to all account activity
The Q&A tool has similar abilities to allow users to query in many ways but is bound by the limitations of Microsoft Excel, which is not a concern when using Blackline. Blackline is a standalone tool and I personally have not incurred any downtime or unexpected outages with the site.
Do you think BlackLine delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BlackLine's feature set?
Did BlackLine live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of BlackLine go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy BlackLine again?
Blackline is great with high data volumes and is flexible to manage the information to add value when manipulating and understanding the data. Retaining the data and being able to query in different ways gives the user the ability to review activity with ease and not worry about traditional system limitations.