Overall Satisfaction with BlueJeans
Most employees at my company have access to their own BlueJeans meeting code and can easily offer a place for people to meet, share, and communicate seamlessly. We use it daily to run development teams as they build cutting edge websites across the globe. The ability to hop into a meeting, see everyone's faces, share chat messages and links, quickly see who is in the session and communicate with them individually make it almost like you are in the same room
- BlueJean's connection control is fantastic. It keeps you in the loop if there are poor connections, who is available, who is speaking, etc.
- It's easy for anyone to join a meeting regardless of their tech setups. They have a great app that can be downloaded, or you can share a URL that easily allows anyone to join. Many of the other tools in this space have issues with the initial setup
- The BlueJeans interface is well thought out. It continually provides relevant tips for the tasks you are trying to accomplish. If you are speaking but on mute, it will ask if you are trying to talk to the group. Whether you are using the volume on a headset or your computer or dialing in on a phone line, it does a great job of letting you know the option you chose and the ways to change to another option if you want
- I would like the option that when you are one of few sharing your video that your video wouldn't take up the entire screen for everyone else, just a small screen would be great.
- The chat window can get overlooked at times. A more prominent notification when someone messages would be helpful.
- When you close the meeting, you lose links, chat messages. Not sure how but having a way to get back to those (without needed to record the session) would be a nice feature.
- Working with DEV teams worldwide makes it feel like you are in the same room.
- Being able to see facial expressions is invaluable and leads to better communication and more trust.
- Even when all the meeting rooms are taken, I can have a productive meeting with team members in the same office.
- Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and Zoom
BlueJeans has provided a better product than it's competitor's time after time. As I interact with other companies, I'll have to use different communication tools, and BlueJeans are always the more seamless enjoyable meetings. Other tools have issues with communication, audio options don't work consistently, and there are still a few meeting attendees that can't get the full meeting due to technical issues.
BlueJeans continues to be the best tool in its class. From ease to get started, intuitive interface, rock-solid technologies that keep you connected. That helps you know what screen you are sharing, know what video and audio devices you are employing make it easy for anyone to start using it, and become more productive. I've never seen another tool get this kind of adoption right out of the gate. I have many options available to me for conducting meetings, and BlueJeans is always the one I chose and offer for others as our meeting tool.