A Corporate Credit Card That Delivers
December 31, 2019
A Corporate Credit Card That Delivers
Director in Finance and AccountingFinancial Services Company, 51-200 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Brex
Brex has replaced our previous credit card and has enabled us to expand the program quickly to new departments and individuals who did not previously have a card. The card is used to manage recurring charges, book travel by our leaders, and process invoices for small vendors that are too small for our AP team to manage. Since adopting Brex in mid-2019, we have quickly expanded our credit card program from 3 individuals to approximately a dozen users. The main business problem it addresses is improved rewards for our credit card transactions, a simple interface enabling us to easily see charges, and an intuitive UI that makes it easy for our cardholders to add receipts when they record a charge. We are also using Brex for Virtual cards limiting the risk that one card will be compromised and enabling us to shut us off a vendor easily if we begin a recurring plan.
- Rewards - The rewards were the main reason for us switching. Our previous card provider did not have a good rewards program.
- User Interface and experience - When a charge is recorded on the Brex card, users immediately receive a text notification asking them to send a picture of their receipt. Brex automatically attaches the receipts to the charge which has saved our users a significant amount of time.
- Integrations - Currently Brex integrations are limited to Quickbooks, NetSuite, & Expensify. Our Company utilizes Intacct which requires that we manually upload the transactions each month. We have simplified the process as best we can but this still creates an additional manual process for our team to manage.
- Approvals - Brex does not have any approvals within the platform. Our Finance team is very small so it's not possible for us to actively track charges and ensure that each charge is approved. Their is a risk to the organization however this is mitigated somewhat by the simple ability to set card limits which at least limits the potential damage a rogue employee can do.
- Since adopting Brex, we have received approximately $20K of rewards which have been used for company-wide events. These rewards would not have been available on our previous card
- Spend management - The increased adoption of the card across our organization has enabled business areas to own their spend more directly. Previously, all recurring charges were processed on a card managed by the Finance team. While this simplified the process, it also meant that if the card was compromised, the Finance team had to reenter the new card on all vendors. Currently, each business area manages its own charges allowing for more direct management of spend.
Brex support has been responsive whenever I have had a question. Users can contact them through the help screen when logging in or send emails. They have answered my questions quickly and always provide the information that I need to solve my issue. I have not had to work with support frequently as there are very few problems we've encountered with the cards.
Do you think Brex delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Brex's feature set?
Did Brex live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Brex go as expected?
Would you buy Brex again?
Brex is well suited for organizations that are comfortable providing card users with a great deal of autonomy to manage their card spend. Due to the limited approvals within the system, all reviews of spend are after charges have already been paid and processed which can create risks. However, the ease of utilizing the card and the ability to easily manage card limits makes the card an attractive option for any organization. The rewards are especially appealing and Brex also codes each transaction for you identifying whether the charge is for restaurants, airlines, recurring software, etc. Brex may be less appropriate for companies with cash flow issues. The Brex account is linked to a company's bank account which results in the credit line for the organization fluctuating based on the cash balance of the bank accounts. The card is also automatically paid each month which may pose an issue for some organizations if they have to manage cash closely.