June 11, 2021

Update personal information (45)

Direct deposit files (47)

View and generate pay and benefit information (47)

Pay calculation (50)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Paylocity, and make your voice heard!

Per Employee Per Month

Performance Management

Succession Planning

Recruiting / ATS

What is Paylocity?

Paylocity is an all-in-one software platform designed to give HR pros a way to manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management. The vendor states their technology is backed by a culture that cares about client success, and that they take the time to get to know customers and understand their needs. Paylocity works with users to identify the solutions that will benefit a business today, while paving the way to a better tomorrow.

Paylocity Competitors

Paylocity Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone

What is Paylocity?

Paylocity provides 24/7 access to your online payroll and human resource data management. Paylocity offers highly customizable payroll functionality, as well as HR, benefits administration, and time and talent management programs.

What is Paylocity's best feature?

Reviewers rate Update personal information highest, with a score of 9.3.

Who uses Paylocity?

The most common users of Paylocity are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

We use Paylocity to process payroll, onboard virtually, performance reviews, store personnel files and much more. Payroll was done manually in the past and we had a file cabinet full of personnel files. Paylocity streamlined everything. The software is more efficient and accurate when it comes to reporting and paying taxes.
  • payroll processing
  • easy to use app
  • robust reporting
  • point of contact changes often and sometimes receive conflicting information from different people
  • GL team and tax team are always too busy and responses take too long
  • The approval workflow for documents should be more intuitive for a more complex org chart
Paylocity is a great stepping stone from a more manual payroll and tax process. Once implemented and administration is trained, the process is more efficient and probably cut four hours off of my payroll processing time. The Performance module automated our review process as well. Now, everyone can easily look up their past reviews right in their Paylocity account. If employees need something, they can usually just find it right in their account, opposed to contacting HR and and HR finding it for them. Paylocity does have a slower response time for certain things and when I ask that the problem be escalated, I never know who it is going to and status updates are few and far between. For example, I needed to report a cash bonus for a few employees. One person told me to do it one way, which was incorrect, and then the other person had to back that out and do it another way. This took over a month to unravel and in the end I had to manually adjust the GL.
We use Paylocity strictly for payroll and payroll tax reporting. We previously did payroll in-house and using a payroll service just became easier and less time-consuming.
  • Cost effective
  • Fairly easy to use
  • Customer Service
  • Implementation
Customer service is horrible if you need more than just basic questions answered. Any support beyond the person who answers the phone is a joke. During the pandemic, we have needed help with things like amending returns for the Employee Retention credits. We are still waiting for our 2nd quarter 2021 returns to be amended. They have had the info since July. I have asked multiple times to speak with a tax professional, supervisor, or even my account rep and it has not happened. No return calls, no answers. To this day we still have not received any refunds because it took months for them to amend any returns at all. Also, just reviewed W2's and found that they are withholding Federal Income Tax incorrectly for individuals using the latest W4 form. Took only 400.00 total out for last year on an employee who made a significant amount of money and yet I cannot speak to anyone with any knowledge. Needless to say, we are in the process of changing services. We also wanted them to submit 401k directly to our vendor. Gave them all the info to set that up and despite several requests, it never happened. Just completely ignored our requests even though we were told it was possible by our salesperson.
Support for basic questions is great. If I run into something while doing a payroll, first level support is quick and always has the answer.

Anything beyond that is non existent. We have not been able to speak with our dedicated account rep for months. We leave messages or are promised that he will call us right back, but he never does.

We have some serious tax issues right now and I cannot even get to a supervisor or tax professional and this is truly something beyond first level support capabilities.

During our initial setup we provided them with spreadsheets so they could import our employee info. They did that and everything was reviewed and yet later we found employees with info that had just been changed (like social security numbers) and some employees had to amend income tax returns.

We have had tax deposits filed late and received penalties. They got them waived but we had to use our "one time exemption" for something they caused.
In my opinion, absolutely the worst implementation ever! Zero capability of implementation team in my case, and we have changed two of them. Zero understanding of a simple IRS 401k and match limits in my experience, A lot of simple/basic things are just not working, like time off calculation, GTL. Forget about 409A plan, I believe they have no clue how to handle that, no custom calc can be done. I feel everything needs to be manually adjusted, and we are 100+ employer, imagine what we are going through every pay period. It has been going on like this for 3 months. Personally do not recommend! Pease save your money and time.
  • we came from ADP, I dont' see anything that Paylocity does better than ADP, just worse.
  • Zero understanding of a simple IRS 401k and match limits. A lot of simple/basic things are just not working, like time off calculation, GTL, 401k%. Forget about 409A plan, they have no clue how to handle that, no custom calc can be done. we regret going with this company
Dont' waste your valuable time. In my experience, no customer service at all, even when you get to them, they are not knowledgeable.
Muhammad Sadequl Islam | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paylocity is a day to day pro software app for HR like us. We do use Paylocity for organizational needs as per operate it as departmental wise. Paylocity gives us a great workforce management service for our daily routines. Nowadays it works as a modern workforce solution for our HR departments as well.
  • We do use Paylocity for employees all official documentation service.
  • We use Paylocity for our total expense management of our organizations.
  • It's also helps us for recruitment service when needed.
  • Onboarding workforce are being checked and scheduled by using Paylocity
  • It's overall a very good system operating software.
  • But I think there's more room for timekeeping management improvement.
  • The reporting system should be more improve, easy and need more customizations for it's users.
Well, Paylocity is a time-friendly, fully supportive, and robust HR app that should be used far more widely. It is therefore to perform all HR works for an organization or any kind of business institution. It's a super professional tool that cares so much and is meaningful for its users. They have a mobile-based solution for HR management and that is one of the best support for the HR team as we can connect with each other whatever the condition is. It helps dynamic reporting with HRMS that is like a kind of extra care for its users.
We use Paylocity for all employee records, payroll and onboarding processes. Paylocity allows us to unify these processes across all local locations and locations in other regions. Having a consolidated approach as a company has helped us apply a consistent and legal approach to all HR elements. We are glad we made the change.
  • Payroll access to users
  • Consolidation of paperwork into digital records
  • A great solution for time clock needs
  • the onboarding process is a bit clunky
  • the navigation for the home page is not intuitive, in my opinion
  • often times, I will have to manually adjust time clock records due to system down time
Most HR systems are messy, antiquated and a non-combined and coordinated approach. When records are sometimes on paper, sometimes on digital and sometimes across more than one digital system, consolidation of efforts and systems is the best first step. Paylocity also eliminates the need for repeat access to payroll documents. Employees enjoy the convenience of updating their personal information online.
Paylocity is the Hub for all things HR. This includes pay, benefits, PTO, org charts, etc.. I have also done a few virtual pieces of training via the platform. I have used a few different software in this industry and Paylocity is by far my favorite. It is easy to navigate and has a lot of functionality.
  • Benefits
  • PTO & Requesting Time Off
  • Payment Calculators
  • Having to type in my company ID every time I login
  • Taking me to a different window when I click on benefits
  • Sometimes the paycheck calculator can be difficult to use
Paylocity is a great software for the HR team that can be easily utilized by the entire team. It is a great tool for medium-sized companies that are continuing to grow. Chances are, it might not be the best fit for startups/small companies. I do, however, think the functionality is great for any and every company.
We have 4 separate companies that use paylocity with employees that move between companies
  • Time Tracking
  • Tax Reporting
  • The ability to track PTO for employees that move from company to company
  • The ability to edit one employee record and having the data move across all companies
For a single company, Paylocity is well suited for onboarding employees, getting them paid and tracking PTO. Paylocity had many promises of being able to have multiple companies be able to share employees and track information but has fallen short in this regard
Paylocity is used by our organization for recruiting, onboarding, HRM, time tracking, and payroll. It is used across the entire organization. We use Paylocity to post for jobs on Indeed, move recruits into onboarding, then roll them into payroll. We also use Paylocity to manage our biweekly payrolls and tax reporting and filings.
  • Recruiting
  • Onboarding
  • Payroll processing
  • Customer service
  • Customization
  • Pricing
Paylocity would be great for a single state employer with a small number of 40-hour-per-week employees. It does best with simple payrolls without a lot of variables. Paylocity is not intuitive to use and is very complicated if you have variable hour employees and a lot of different things going on. Multiple steps are needed for most processes and setup is difficult. Customer service is a nightmare, as reps I have spoken to have not had sufficient knowledge of the product and issues did not get resolved for long periods of time, if ever.
June 11, 2021

Paylocity Review

Being used to process US payroll, used for time tracking and benefits purposes as well. Spending accounts and health benefits both managed through Paylocity.
  • Payroll processing.
  • [I believe the] customer service is [not the best].
  • [I also believe] benefits management is [not the best].
  • [I feel as if the] turnaround time for everything spans months for simple fixes as well at times.
Would not recommend, worst experience with a payroll provider throughout my career. Customer service will either not reply or send replies without reading your emails, there were open support tickets months old that we kept being told were "being worked upon " but we never got anything resolved. [I felt that] open enrollment was painful, there were constant errors that we would catch and ask them to fix. Spending accounts management was [not the greatest] through Paylocity.
Margaret turner | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is a very helpful tool. I am capable of extracting the data through custom reports so that my employees could have an insight into the portion of their earned wages. This tool has helped me a lot in bringing transparency and accuracy to my finance department. Now, I have managed my time effectively as expense management is not an issue.
  • This software provides its services regarding the management of the monthly expenses of the employees.
  • It provides me a transparent idea about how to handle the payrolls and checks. It has facilitated us to a great extent, now I have got rid of the manual maintenance of the data and excessive filing as well.
  • Through this, I am capable of providing them their paychecks and with the help of various automated processes, it is easy for me to stay tax compliant.
  • It is no doubt a great invention but the most integral option is missing. For instance, it plays a very significant role in calculating the whole monthly expenses but it lacks the option for calculating paid leaves. So much of the time gets wasted in calculating exact working hours.
  • It is quite technical.
This tool is suitable for those organizations, which are occupied by many employees. Through this tool, I have much time to handle taxation and expense. It will provide you an intuitive interface where everything is placed in an organized manner. For me, this is providing reliable and effective services.
We use it across the company for time cards, managing PTO/time off, payroll...just about everything HR.
  • Easily tracks PTO.
  • Great hub for HR info on each employee.
  • Stable.
  • Time cards are a hassle.
  • Difficulty geofencing clock ins/outs.
I think, compared against its largest competitors, Paylocity is a great choice for an all-in-one HR management platform.
February 03, 2021

Not the best in class

We use Paylocity for payroll and HR for our entire corporation. Makes it easy to track time.
  • Time tracking
  • Ability to have different pay schedules
  • Ability to set up sub department and track time and expense per sub division
  • Probably one of the worst customer service
  • People responding to phone calls are not experienced
  • No account manager for assigned to an account. Every phone call and email leads to a new person responding to the enquires
If you are looking for a payroll service that prides itself for customer service, look at some other payroll service providers.
Paylocity is used across our entire company in 4 states.
  • I have a difficult time finding ANYTHING that is particularly good about Paylocity.
  • It is difficult to make changes/cumbersome.
  • Authority levels make no sense.
  • We are currently unable to adjust employee times... for 2 days!!
  • Reporting is limited to canned reports. Getting information from this system is ridiculous.
  • Not one week goes by without some problem.
If I could give a ZERO, I would!
We've been waiting TWO days just to be able to adjust employee times!
My company uses Paylocity for payroll, timekeeping, HRIS, and benefits company-wide across a rapidly growing organization.
  • The payroll module is powerful and easy to use.
  • The benefits module is relatively straight-forward and user-friendly.
  • The timekeeping module has lots of great features.
  • The knowledge base and live chat features are very helpful.
  • The customer service is a joke. Our account manager is slow to respond and often gives wrong or incomplete answers.
  • The tax department is incredibly slow and disorganized, which has resulted in late penalties and errors on our filings.
  • You cannot contact any department without going through your account manager, which if you have a bad one like we do, means you often get roadblocked in getting your issues resolved.
  • There is no sense of urgency or accountability in customer service.
  • You are expected to largely self-serve. Often when you reach out for help, the customer care rep doesn't know any more about the system than you do.
We have a large and complicated payroll process which we were very excited that Paylocity was equipped to handle as long as we upload our payroll correctly. It is not, however, equipped to track these complex structures within the system because bonus metrics have to be tied to the position rather than the employee. Because of this, we have to use clunky custom fields with limited functionality.
The frustrations I have with Paylocity customer support are what drove me to leave a review in the first place so I can warn anyone considering purchasing this product. I really like the software and it has a lot of great features, but my complete distrust of their customer service has led me to rue the day I chose Paylocity to be our payroll vendor. For one thing, they are often slow to respond. That alone might be manageable, except even when I do get a response, half the time the answers are incomplete/not helpful, if not completely incorrect! Imagine waiting 90 days and paying thousands of dollars for a corrected W2 only for it to come back more incorrect than it was when you started, and not only that but they also made me question my sanity trying to convince me that they were correct when it was BLATANTLY wrong - and that's just one example! Sometimes you might be lucky to get a decent customer service rep using the chat help feature, but most of the time whoever you talk to does not seem to have any more knowledge of the system than you do. I am a patient person and I have a lot of grace for administrative errors (we're all human) but Paylocity customer service is consistently unreliable and sometimes unprofessional to boot. To their credit, the sales and implementation teams do seem really good. It seems like maybe they just can't retain good customer service reps. We've been through several account managers without ever having a good experience.
March 12, 2020

Paylocity is AWESOME

Paylocity is currently used for timekeeping, payroll, and onboarding, among other things. It is used company-wide. It takes care of data reports and analytics, payroll, timekeeping, HR functions, and benefits.
  • Data Management
  • Timekeeping
  • Reports
  • Payroll functions
  • Account manager communication
I believe that Paylocity is a one-stop-shop for everything from time keeping to benefits. It's also a tool for our team members to put in time-off requests, print their check stubs and W2s, and also it gives each team member the opportunity to give impressions (kudos) to someone else in the company. It allowed the manager to write in each team member's journal (file statements, etc.).
Every time I call, their security is amazing. You have to provide company ID, your name, and your employee ID# so that they know whether or not they can speak to you or give you any information. When you have a question they are always available to walk you through whatever it is you are having trouble with. If they don't have an answer, they will take your information and get back to you in a timely manner.
Stephanie MacMillan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paylocity is used by our organization to manage all Human Resource related activities such as pay, benefits, paid time off, etc. The problem it was purchased to address was the growing workforce we have at our company. It helps manage payroll and benefits.
  • User-friendly
  • PTO tracking
  • Organization of key subjects or tasks. Sometimes I think things are grouped illogically.
Paylocity is a great program for any company that has to do payroll or track and manage employee time. It is so easy to use and super easy to understand. Paylocity makes everything as simple as a click of a button and the appropriate alerts go where they need to go without much extra help.
I give this rating because Paylocity is super easy and user-friendly. It makes payroll a breeze, time-off requests and approvals simple, Time and PTO tracking are easy. There are many benefits to using this program. I highly recommend Paylocity to anyone with employees.
February 28, 2020

Review of Paylocity

We use Paylocity for payroll processing across all company codes for nearly 1000 employees. It is also used for employee onboarding and HRIS functions. It is also used for reporting.
  • HRIS
  • Reporting
  • User friendly and intuitive setup
Paylocity is well suited to HRIS functions; less appropriate for reporting.
It took a lot of effort for our payroll team to get the proper support from them.
February 27, 2020

Paylocity Review

Paylocity is currently being used for payroll keeping, HR personal, and work documents filing. It is being used company-wide, Every Team member uses it to clock in and out, to enroll and disenroll benefits. It has a community feature where we can communicate with each other (like email). It has a performance review features for each Team member and also for the Supervisors.
  • Customer Service
  • Reports
  • Hours worked tracking
  • Response from Customer service
  • I would like for Time & Labor to intergrate into HR & Payroll when making changes.
I have used other payroll programs, and nothing compares to Paylocity. However, they should be able to have video training of "everything" it can offer or do.
There are more positives than there are negatives. Although it has some minor things to work on, overall, it's a fantastic program to use for any company.
February 12, 2020

Paylocity for the win!

We recently started using Paylocity this year. Previously we used ADP Workforce. We use Paylocity across the board for all employees.
The primary function we use Paylocity for is to track employee's PTO, sicks days, out of office days, or things of that nature. Along with the primary purpose of using it to keep track of pay stubs.
  • It is very user-friendly when you are on the website.
  • They also have a mobile app that is simple to use and very identical to their website.
  • They have fun tools aside from PTO requests and seeing your pay stubs, such as giving shoutouts to employees internally.
  • There was a lag period of manually inputting employees PTO, request time offs, sick days, etc.
  • Every quarter it requires us to change our password; although the reasoning behind this ultimately is best for the employee to maintain their privacy, it becomes tedious.
  • Company ID is a required field when signing in, and you are not able to have it as a saved, unlike username and password.
Paylocity is excellent, especially in comparison to ADP portal due based on the following reasons
  • Their online website is user-friendly, and it is also easy on the eyes. Previously when I used ADP portal, it would take a long time to sign in because there were so many options when signing in.
  • They have a mobile app which is excellent in this day and age. The mobile app is also simple to use and helps you keep track of when you will get paid, pay stubs, and requesting time off.
1. We are still new to Paylocity, as we have only been using this for the past three months.
2. So far, so good, there are no hiccups on my end.
3. Their website is user-friendly and easy on their eyes.
4. They have a mobile app that is also easy to use.
[It's being used by the] Whole organization. It helps with time clock integration with payroll, time off requests, is an employee hub for company info and provides access to their records.
  • Good product
  • Customer service and problem resolution is a real problem. So far when I have experienced an issue they have taken very long to answer and I had to continue to follow up. I don’t feel that I can rely on their answers in most cases. Customer service-friendly but don’t seem to actually care about the issue.
  • Sales guy really over sold the customer service part and how helpful they would be a
If you don’t need a lot of customer service or if they get your set up done correctly then you might think this is awesome and have a great experience. The functionality of the product is really good. Just disappointed in customer service and particularly the tax dept has my been my main complaint. Easy stuff they can handle a little better but they will refer you to the knowledge base articles.
Good product but bad customer service
Our company uses Paylocity across the whole organization. I am frequently logging into my account on my computer and the mobile app to check things pertaining to my employment (pay, tax forms, hours, PTO, position, etc.)
It is such a great platform and consolidates everything we need into one place! Highly recommend.
  • Shows you your pay and allows you to view per check, YTD, breakdown of taxes and deductions. So much transparency!
  • Easy way to view and download your W-2 and tax forms. I love knowing exactly where to go and not having to wait for my company to send this to me.
  • I would like to see more personalization on the profile. One thing that was big with our last provider was having a place to list things such as shirt sizes, food allergies, etc. Since this is not something that Paylocity offers, we are still using the other company for that purpose.
  • The layout can be confusing sometimes. For example, there are quite a few places you have to click around on before you are able to find your tax forms. Once you locate that, it has you put a password in 3 different times.
The negative things that I mentioned are likely not going to be an issue for most companies. That said, I feel like Paylocity is a great product for all businesses. It offers a lot of information, which can make things difficult to locate, but it is worth it once you become familiar with it.
I have not had any issues since I have begun using it and it is very detailed in its reporting. I love having access to my checks and being able to see exactly where all of my money is going. Easy to adjust tax deductions.
Jeremy Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paylocity is used across the board, all departments. Paylocity has been an excellent way for all the employees to clock in/out and submit a time-off request. When I was sick, I could easily submit sick time for previous days. This was nice, so I didn’t have to worry about doing it when I missed work because I was out sick.
  • Very user friendly
  • Plenty of help and resources
  • I always have to reload the page and sign back in after I clock out for lunch.
I think Paylocity well suited for most companies. It provides a wide selection of options, and from what I’ve heard from our Payroll specialist, the customer service is excellent at handling any problems that occur. They always seem to be able to fix issues quickly.
I haven’t had any significant problems with Paylocity. I’ve always been able to submit time off and clock in/out without any issues. I think it’s a great product. I think it would be nice if it would be integrated without current accounting software, but it isn’t too difficult to make the reports to record the expenses.
January 18, 2020

Paylocity is adequate

We use Paylocity to manage payment and benefits across our entire organization. Many employees use it to clock in and out every day, but every employee uses Paylocity to select and manage their benefits, as well as their personal information, paid time off and sick leave. While we have employees upload headshots to the system, few people use Paylocity as a directory.
  • Timeclock functionality.
  • Track PTO.
  • It's too easy for employees to clock-in from the app when they are not at work.
  • It's confusing for users to update their personal information.
Paylocity is well suited for a company that has a majority of hourly employees. The software tracks time well, and it is a mostly simple program for users if a company only requires one action from them. If your team is predominantly salaried, then it makes less sense to use this software.
Support is average. Not exceptional, but not injurious.
Sandy Breihan Sinclair | TrustRadius Reviewer

Paylocity Web Pay is our current HRIS system. It is administered by our Human Resources Department for our HR and Payroll needs. This includes timekeeping, benefits information and employee portal. It is used across our whole organization in regards to the employee portal portion of the system. The business problem this is addressing are as follows:

• Payroll and tax filing
  • Human Resources - New hire reporting, benefits administration, terminations, leaves of absence
  • Time tracking - All company paid holidays and other paid time off types are recorded here
  • Employee self service - Employees may view their information, record time off, request tax/direct deposit changes, change their own demographic information, view/print check stubs
  • Payroll processing is very streamlined within the Paylocity pay grid. The ability to customize it helps a great deal. This is a time saver.
  • The check calculator feature, although not intuitive, is used by our administrators and employees. We love this feature. The fact that employees can use this tool themselves is another time saver for administrators.
  • We have always had our own customer service representative.
  • Their pricing is very competitive.
  • The Web Time product does not always communicate well with the Web Pay product which causes issues at times.
  • The check calculator tool is not the easiest to use. The set up screen is not intuitive.
  • This comment is both good and bad: The dedicated customer service representatives often get promoted (the good part) and therefore, our dedicated rep has changed over quite a bit. It seems just when someone really gets to know our company, they're no longer our rep and often their replacement is very new and not always well trained.
The Web Pay product worked really great for us until recently (last November) when we added the Web Time product. Since adding Web Time, we've had issues with things that we have often had to chalk up to system glitches since the two products don't seem to communicate very well at times.
We use Paylocity to track our PTO, sick days, days we swap our work from home days, payroll, and insurance. It helps each of us to stay on top of our bi-weekly payroll. In addition to the days we have taken off so far and how many we have left at the end of the year.
  • User interface
  • Organization
  • Simpleness
  • The way the sidebar comes in and out can make it a bit more challenging to get back to the previous page you are on.
  • In the beginning, when our company was setting up Paylocity, some areas were locked to edit, and we had to reach out to customer service to have them unlock them (mistake on their part).
It's well suited if you are a smaller company and only want to use Paylocity for elementary functions (payroll and PTO). Besides that, I think the way it is organized would make it a bit more challenging to have more complex and detailed information. It can be confusing to swap between all of the tabs, which is why I don't think it would be easy to use if there was much more information on it.
I would rate Paylocity at an 8. It's a simple, overall user-friendly website. That would be ideal for smaller companies using it mainly to track requested days off, days taken, and any payroll-related things. It's easy to edit and change information as well. The only downfall is that the sidebar can make it a bit more challenging to go back to the previous page, but besides that, it's simple and easy to use.