Update personal information (45)
Direct deposit files (47)
View and generate pay and benefit information (47)
Pay calculation (50)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Paylocity, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
- payroll processing
- easy to use app
- robust reporting
- point of contact changes often and sometimes receive conflicting information from different people
- GL team and tax team are always too busy and responses take too long
- The approval workflow for documents should be more intuitive for a more complex org chart
- Cost effective
- Fairly easy to use
- Customer Service
Anything beyond that is non existent. We have not been able to speak with our dedicated account rep for months. We leave messages or are promised that he will call us right back, but he never does.
We have some serious tax issues right now and I cannot even get to a supervisor or tax professional and this is truly something beyond first level support capabilities.
During our initial setup we provided them with spreadsheets so they could import our employee info. They did that and everything was reviewed and yet later we found employees with info that had just been changed (like social security numbers) and some employees had to amend income tax returns.
We have had tax deposits filed late and received penalties. They got them waived but we had to use our "one time exemption" for something they caused.
- we came from ADP, I dont' see anything that Paylocity does better than ADP, just worse.
- Zero understanding of a simple IRS 401k and match limits. A lot of simple/basic things are just not working, like time off calculation, GTL, 401k%. Forget about 409A plan, they have no clue how to handle that, no custom calc can be done. we regret going with this company
- We do use Paylocity for employees all official documentation service.
- We use Paylocity for our total expense management of our organizations.
- It's also helps us for recruitment service when needed.
- Onboarding workforce are being checked and scheduled by using Paylocity
- It's overall a very good system operating software.
- But I think there's more room for timekeeping management improvement.
- The reporting system should be more improve, easy and need more customizations for it's users.
- Payroll access to users
- Consolidation of paperwork into digital records
- A great solution for time clock needs
- the onboarding process is a bit clunky
- the navigation for the home page is not intuitive, in my opinion
- often times, I will have to manually adjust time clock records due to system down time
- PTO & Requesting Time Off
- Payment Calculators
- Having to type in my company ID every time I login
- Taking me to a different window when I click on benefits
- Sometimes the paycheck calculator can be difficult to use
- Time Tracking
- Tax Reporting
- The ability to track PTO for employees that move from company to company
- The ability to edit one employee record and having the data move across all companies
- Time tracking
- Payroll processing
- Customer service
- Payroll processing.
- [I believe the] customer service is [not the best].
- [I also believe] benefits management is [not the best].
- [I feel as if the] turnaround time for everything spans months for simple fixes as well at times.
- This software provides its services regarding the management of the monthly expenses of the employees.
- It provides me a transparent idea about how to handle the payrolls and checks. It has facilitated us to a great extent, now I have got rid of the manual maintenance of the data and excessive filing as well.
- Through this, I am capable of providing them their paychecks and with the help of various automated processes, it is easy for me to stay tax compliant.
- It is no doubt a great invention but the most integral option is missing. For instance, it plays a very significant role in calculating the whole monthly expenses but it lacks the option for calculating paid leaves. So much of the time gets wasted in calculating exact working hours.
- It is quite technical.
- Easily tracks PTO.
- Great hub for HR info on each employee.
- Time cards are a hassle.
- Difficulty geofencing clock ins/outs.
- Time tracking
- Ability to have different pay schedules
- Ability to set up sub department and track time and expense per sub division
- Probably one of the worst customer service
- People responding to phone calls are not experienced
- No account manager for assigned to an account. Every phone call and email leads to a new person responding to the enquires
- I have a difficult time finding ANYTHING that is particularly good about Paylocity.
- It is difficult to make changes/cumbersome.
- Authority levels make no sense.
- We are currently unable to adjust employee times... for 2 days!!
- Reporting is limited to canned reports. Getting information from this system is ridiculous.
- Not one week goes by without some problem.
- The payroll module is powerful and easy to use.
- The benefits module is relatively straight-forward and user-friendly.
- The timekeeping module has lots of great features.
- The knowledge base and live chat features are very helpful.
- The customer service is a joke. Our account manager is slow to respond and often gives wrong or incomplete answers.
- The tax department is incredibly slow and disorganized, which has resulted in late penalties and errors on our filings.
- You cannot contact any department without going through your account manager, which if you have a bad one like we do, means you often get roadblocked in getting your issues resolved.
- There is no sense of urgency or accountability in customer service.
- You are expected to largely self-serve. Often when you reach out for help, the customer care rep doesn't know any more about the system than you do.
- Data Management
- Payroll functions
- Account manager communication
- Time tracking
- PTO tracking
- Organization of key subjects or tasks. Sometimes I think things are grouped illogically.
- User friendly and intuitive setup
- Customer Service
- Hours worked tracking
- Response from Customer service
- I would like for Time & Labor to intergrate into HR & Payroll when making changes.
The primary function we use Paylocity for is to track employee's PTO, sicks days, out of office days, or things of that nature. Along with the primary purpose of using it to keep track of pay stubs.
- It is very user-friendly when you are on the website.
- They also have a mobile app that is simple to use and very identical to their website.
- They have fun tools aside from PTO requests and seeing your pay stubs, such as giving shoutouts to employees internally.
- There was a lag period of manually inputting employees PTO, request time offs, sick days, etc.
- Every quarter it requires us to change our password; although the reasoning behind this ultimately is best for the employee to maintain their privacy, it becomes tedious.
- Company ID is a required field when signing in, and you are not able to have it as a saved, unlike username and password.
- Their online website is user-friendly, and it is also easy on the eyes. Previously when I used ADP portal, it would take a long time to sign in because there were so many options when signing in.
- They have a mobile app which is excellent in this day and age. The mobile app is also simple to use and helps you keep track of when you will get paid, pay stubs, and requesting time off.
2. So far, so good, there are no hiccups on my end.
3. Their website is user-friendly and easy on their eyes.
4. They have a mobile app that is also easy to use.
- Easy to use
- Good product
- Customer service and problem resolution is a real problem. So far when I have experienced an issue they have taken very long to answer and I had to continue to follow up. I don’t feel that I can rely on their answers in most cases. Customer service-friendly but don’t seem to actually care about the issue.
- Sales guy really over sold the customer service part and how helpful they would be a
It is such a great platform and consolidates everything we need into one place! Highly recommend.
- Shows you your pay and allows you to view per check, YTD, breakdown of taxes and deductions. So much transparency!
- Easy way to view and download your W-2 and tax forms. I love knowing exactly where to go and not having to wait for my company to send this to me.
- I would like to see more personalization on the profile. One thing that was big with our last provider was having a place to list things such as shirt sizes, food allergies, etc. Since this is not something that Paylocity offers, we are still using the other company for that purpose.
- The layout can be confusing sometimes. For example, there are quite a few places you have to click around on before you are able to find your tax forms. Once you locate that, it has you put a password in 3 different times.
- Very user friendly
- Plenty of help and resources
- I always have to reload the page and sign back in after I clock out for lunch.
- Timeclock functionality.
- Track PTO.
- It's too easy for employees to clock-in from the app when they are not at work.
- It's confusing for users to update their personal information.
Paylocity Web Pay is our current HRIS system. It is administered by our Human Resources Department for our HR and Payroll needs. This includes timekeeping, benefits information and employee portal. It is used across our whole organization in regards to the employee portal portion of the system. The business problem this is addressing are as follows:
- Payroll and tax filing
- Human Resources - New hire reporting, benefits administration, terminations, leaves of absence
- Time tracking - All company paid holidays and other paid time off types are recorded here
- Employee self service - Employees may view their information, record time off, request tax/direct deposit changes, change their own demographic information, view/print check stubs
- Payroll processing is very streamlined within the Paylocity pay grid. The ability to customize it helps a great deal. This is a time saver.
- The check calculator feature, although not intuitive, is used by our administrators and employees. We love this feature. The fact that employees can use this tool themselves is another time saver for administrators.
- We have always had our own customer service representative.
- Their pricing is very competitive.
- The Web Time product does not always communicate well with the Web Pay product which causes issues at times.
- The check calculator tool is not the easiest to use. The set up screen is not intuitive.
- This comment is both good and bad: The dedicated customer service representatives often get promoted (the good part) and therefore, our dedicated rep has changed over quite a bit. It seems just when someone really gets to know our company, they're no longer our rep and often their replacement is very new and not always well trained.
- User interface
- The way the sidebar comes in and out can make it a bit more challenging to get back to the previous page you are on.
- In the beginning, when our company was setting up Paylocity, some areas were locked to edit, and we had to reach out to customer service to have them unlock them (mistake on their part).