Paylocity Reviews

March 12, 2020
Maria MARTI | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paylocity is currently used for timekeeping, payroll, and onboarding, among other things. It is used company-wide. It takes care of data reports and analytics, payroll, timekeeping, HR functions, and benefits.
  • Data Management
  • Timekeeping
  • Reports
  • Payroll functions
  • Account manager communication
I believe that Paylocity is a one-stop-shop for everything from time keeping to benefits. It's also a tool for our team members to put in time-off requests, print their check stubs and W2s, and also it gives each team member the opportunity to give impressions (kudos) to someone else in the company. It allowed the manager to write in each team member's journal (file statements, etc.).
Every time I call, their security is amazing. You have to provide company ID, your name, and your employee ID# so that they know whether or not they can speak to you or give you any information. When you have a question they are always available to walk you through whatever it is you are having trouble with. If they don't have an answer, they will take your information and get back to you in a timely manner.
Read Maria MARTI's full review
June 22, 2020
Mark Worley | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paylocity is used across our entire company in 4 states.
  • I have a difficult time finding ANYTHING that is particularly good about Paylocity.
  • It is difficult to make changes/cumbersome.
  • Authority levels make no sense.
  • We are currently unable to adjust employee times... for 2 days!!
  • Reporting is limited to canned reports. Getting information from this system is ridiculous.
  • Not one week goes by without some problem.
If I could give a ZERO, I would!
We've been waiting TWO days just to be able to adjust employee times!
Read Mark Worley's full review
January 24, 2020
Jeremy Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paylocity is used across the board, all departments. Paylocity has been an excellent way for all the employees to clock in/out and submit a time-off request. When I was sick, I could easily submit sick time for previous days. This was nice, so I didn’t have to worry about doing it when I missed work because I was out sick.
  • Very user friendly
  • Plenty of help and resources
  • I always have to reload the page and sign back in after I clock out for lunch.
I think Paylocity well suited for most companies. It provides a wide selection of options, and from what I’ve heard from our Payroll specialist, the customer service is excellent at handling any problems that occur. They always seem to be able to fix issues quickly.
I haven’t had any significant problems with Paylocity. I’ve always been able to submit time off and clock in/out without any issues. I think it’s a great product. I think it would be nice if it would be integrated without current accounting software, but it isn’t too difficult to make the reports to record the expenses.
Read Jeremy Anderson's full review
March 11, 2020
Stephanie MacMillan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paylocity is used by our organization to manage all Human Resource related activities such as pay, benefits, paid time off, etc. The problem it was purchased to address was the growing workforce we have at our company. It helps manage payroll and benefits.
  • User-friendly
  • Time tracking
  • PTO tracking
  • Organization of key subjects or tasks. Sometimes I think things are grouped illogically.
Paylocity is a great program for any company that has to do payroll or track and manage employee time. It is so easy to use and super easy to understand. Paylocity makes everything as simple as a click of a button and the appropriate alerts go where they need to go without much extra help.
I give this rating because Paylocity is super easy and user-friendly. It makes payroll a breeze, time-off requests and approvals simple, Time and PTO tracking are easy. There are many benefits to using this program. I highly recommend Paylocity to anyone with employees.
Read Stephanie MacMillan's full review
February 22, 2020
Jocelyn Probasco | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paylocity is utilized in our organization for time recording and payroll. It is used inter-departmentally to ensure accuracy.
  • Accuracy-it makes it easy to record time accurately.
  • Ease of use- easy to use and integrate
  • Customization- It isn't straightforward to customize without outside help.
  • Support- Support services can take a bit of time to get resolved.
Paylocity is excellent for managing time from the office. As a mobile app, it can be a bit glitchy occasionally.
Support can be a bit time consuming occasionally.
Read Jocelyn Probasco's full review
April 29, 2020
My company uses Paylocity for payroll, timekeeping, HRIS, and benefits company-wide across a rapidly growing organization.
  • The payroll module is powerful and easy to use.
  • The benefits module is relatively straight-forward and user-friendly.
  • The timekeeping module has lots of great features.
  • The knowledge base and live chat features are very helpful.
  • The customer service is a joke. Our account manager is slow to respond and often gives wrong or incomplete answers.
  • The tax department is incredibly slow and disorganized, which has resulted in late penalties and errors on our filings.
  • You cannot contact any department without going through your account manager, which if you have a bad one like we do, means you often get roadblocked in getting your issues resolved.
  • There is no sense of urgency or accountability in customer service.
  • You are expected to largely self-serve. Often when you reach out for help, the customer care rep doesn't know any more about the system than you do.
We have a large and complicated payroll process which we were very excited that Paylocity was equipped to handle as long as we upload our payroll correctly. It is not, however, equipped to track these complex structures within the system because bonus metrics have to be tied to the position rather than the employee. Because of this, we have to use clunky custom fields with limited functionality.
The frustrations I have with Paylocity customer support are what drove me to leave a review in the first place so I can warn anyone considering purchasing this product. I really like the software and it has a lot of great features, but my complete distrust of their customer service has led me to rue the day I chose Paylocity to be our payroll vendor. For one thing, they are often slow to respond. That alone might be manageable, except even when I do get a response, half the time the answers are incomplete/not helpful, if not completely incorrect! Imagine waiting 90 days and paying thousands of dollars for a corrected W2 only for it to come back more incorrect than it was when you started, and not only that but they also made me question my sanity trying to convince me that they were correct when it was BLATANTLY wrong - and that's just one example! Sometimes you might be lucky to get a decent customer service rep using the chat help feature, but most of the time whoever you talk to does not seem to have any more knowledge of the system than you do. I am a patient person and I have a lot of grace for administrative errors (we're all human) but Paylocity customer service is consistently unreliable and sometimes unprofessional to boot. To their credit, the sales and implementation teams do seem really good. It seems like maybe they just can't retain good customer service reps. We've been through several account managers without ever having a good experience.
February 27, 2020
Paylocity is currently being used for payroll keeping, HR personal, and work documents filing. It is being used company-wide, Every Team member uses it to clock in and out, to enroll and disenroll benefits. It has a community feature where we can communicate with each other (like email). It has a performance review features for each Team member and also for the Supervisors.
  • Customer Service
  • Reports
  • Hours worked tracking
  • Response from Customer service
  • I would like for Time & Labor to intergrate into HR & Payroll when making changes.
I have used other payroll programs, and nothing compares to Paylocity. However, they should be able to have video training of "everything" it can offer or do.
There are more positives than there are negatives. Although it has some minor things to work on, overall, it's a fantastic program to use for any company.
February 12, 2020
We recently started using Paylocity this year. Previously we used ADP Workforce. We use Paylocity across the board for all employees.
The primary function we use Paylocity for is to track employee's PTO, sicks days, out of office days, or things of that nature. Along with the primary purpose of using it to keep track of pay stubs.
  • It is very user-friendly when you are on the website.
  • They also have a mobile app that is simple to use and very identical to their website.
  • They have fun tools aside from PTO requests and seeing your pay stubs, such as giving shoutouts to employees internally.
  • There was a lag period of manually inputting employees PTO, request time offs, sick days, etc.
  • Every quarter it requires us to change our password; although the reasoning behind this ultimately is best for the employee to maintain their privacy, it becomes tedious.
  • Company ID is a required field when signing in, and you are not able to have it as a saved, unlike username and password.
Paylocity is excellent, especially in comparison to ADP portal due based on the following reasons
  • Their online website is user-friendly, and it is also easy on the eyes. Previously when I used ADP portal, it would take a long time to sign in because there were so many options when signing in.
  • They have a mobile app which is excellent in this day and age. The mobile app is also simple to use and helps you keep track of when you will get paid, pay stubs, and requesting time off.
1. We are still new to Paylocity, as we have only been using this for the past three months.
2. So far, so good, there are no hiccups on my end.
3. Their website is user-friendly and easy on their eyes.
4. They have a mobile app that is also easy to use.
February 04, 2020
[It's being used by the] Whole organization. It helps with time clock integration with payroll, time off requests, is an employee hub for company info and provides access to their records.
  • Good product
  • Customer service and problem resolution is a real problem. So far when I have experienced an issue they have taken very long to answer and I had to continue to follow up. I don’t feel that I can rely on their answers in most cases. Customer service-friendly but don’t seem to actually care about the issue.
  • Sales guy really over sold the customer service part and how helpful they would be a
If you don’t need a lot of customer service or if they get your set up done correctly then you might think this is awesome and have a great experience. The functionality of the product is really good. Just disappointed in customer service and particularly the tax dept has my been my main complaint. Easy stuff they can handle a little better but they will refer you to the knowledge base articles.
Good product but bad customer service
January 28, 2020
Our company uses Paylocity across the whole organization. I am frequently logging into my account on my computer and the mobile app to check things pertaining to my employment (pay, tax forms, hours, PTO, position, etc.)
It is such a great platform and consolidates everything we need into one place! Highly recommend.
  • Shows you your pay and allows you to view per check, YTD, breakdown of taxes and deductions. So much transparency!
  • Easy way to view and download your W-2 and tax forms. I love knowing exactly where to go and not having to wait for my company to send this to me.
  • I would like to see more personalization on the profile. One thing that was big with our last provider was having a place to list things such as shirt sizes, food allergies, etc. Since this is not something that Paylocity offers, we are still using the other company for that purpose.
  • The layout can be confusing sometimes. For example, there are quite a few places you have to click around on before you are able to find your tax forms. Once you locate that, it has you put a password in 3 different times.
The negative things that I mentioned are likely not going to be an issue for most companies. That said, I feel like Paylocity is a great product for all businesses. It offers a lot of information, which can make things difficult to locate, but it is worth it once you become familiar with it.
I have not had any issues since I have begun using it and it is very detailed in its reporting. I love having access to my checks and being able to see exactly where all of my money is going. Easy to adjust tax deductions.
February 28, 2020
We use Paylocity for payroll processing across all company codes for nearly 1000 employees. It is also used for employee onboarding and HRIS functions. It is also used for reporting.
  • HRIS
  • Reporting
  • User friendly and intuitive setup
Paylocity is well suited to HRIS functions; less appropriate for reporting.
It took a lot of effort for our payroll team to get the proper support from them.
November 18, 2019
Sandy Breihan Sinclair | TrustRadius Reviewer

Paylocity Web Pay is our current HRIS system. It is administered by our Human Resources Department for our HR and Payroll needs. This includes timekeeping, benefits information and employee portal. It is used across our whole organization in regards to the employee portal portion of the system. The business problem this is addressing are as follows:

• Payroll and tax filing
  • Human Resources - New hire reporting, benefits administration, terminations, leaves of absence
  • Time tracking - All company paid holidays and other paid time off types are recorded here
  • Employee self service - Employees may view their information, record time off, request tax/direct deposit changes, change their own demographic information, view/print check stubs
  • Payroll processing is very streamlined within the Paylocity pay grid. The ability to customize it helps a great deal. This is a time saver.
  • The check calculator feature, although not intuitive, is used by our administrators and employees. We love this feature. The fact that employees can use this tool themselves is another time saver for administrators.
  • We have always had our own customer service representative.
  • Their pricing is very competitive.
  • The Web Time product does not always communicate well with the Web Pay product which causes issues at times.
  • The check calculator tool is not the easiest to use. The set up screen is not intuitive.
  • This comment is both good and bad: The dedicated customer service representatives often get promoted (the good part) and therefore, our dedicated rep has changed over quite a bit. It seems just when someone really gets to know our company, they're no longer our rep and often their replacement is very new and not always well trained.
The Web Pay product worked really great for us until recently (last November) when we added the Web Time product. Since adding Web Time, we've had issues with things that we have often had to chalk up to system glitches since the two products don't seem to communicate very well at times.
Read Sandy Breihan Sinclair's full review
August 19, 2019
Kirk Lewis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paylocity is utilized across the entire organization to fulfill the HR and Payroll needs for employees. This allows employees to have a streamlined source for personal and job information, performance reviews, time off and payroll information. HR department employees are given an easy to use web interface to quickly and accurately add and update information for the company and its employees. Paylocity gives a lot of relief for the workload required to manage an organization with nearly 1,000 employees!
  • The web interface is easy to use for both HR representatives and employees of the organization.
  • Employees have the ability to update personal and tax information with a user-friendly interface that updates quickly.
  • Paylocity provides quality customer support, guiding HR and employees in the helpful direction needed.
  • Paylocity could improve guiding users on links to what they are looking for (hovering over the link and getting additional info about what it is).
  • Paylocitys timeclocks could use an update to allow more integration with the computer software.
  • The on-boarding process seems a bit strenuous for new employees, making it more difficult on the trainers to respond to questions.
Paylocity is well suited for any sized organization and meets HR and employee needs.
The support provided by Paylocity is exceptional. The return support time is within reason for business impact and needs of employees. Additionally, our organization does not have to reach out for support very often as the usage of Paylocity is quite user-friendly. The organization maintains a friendly experience with the support from Paylocity.
Read Kirk Lewis's full review
October 21, 2019
Meg White | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paylocity as our sole HRIS and payroll system. Our benefits administration is also handled in Paylocity. Essentially, we use Paylocity for all employees from on-boarding to off-boarding!
  • Very user friendly.
  • Great customer support.
  • Administration is fairly straight forward.
  • Reporting. They recently updated their reporting dashboard and it is even more confusing than it was before. Creating custom reports is either time consuming, costly or both.
  • Benefits is in a separate portal. This means once you make a change to an employee's personnel file, you must wait overnight for the information to populate into the benefits portal.
  • Customer service is great and nice, but sometimes issues take a while to get resolved. Recently we had a payroll reporting issue and it took more than 36 hours for an initial response and over a week for the report to get fixed. The customer service team did what they could and were able to generate what we needed on the back end, but it was frustrating.
Paylocity is up there in my favorite HRIS platforms. None are perfect, but they make up for it in customer service and user interface.
Friendly and knowledgeable, but sometimes VERY slow.
Read Meg White's full review
November 13, 2019
We use Paylocity to track our PTO, sick days, days we swap our work from home days, payroll, and insurance. It helps each of us to stay on top of our bi-weekly payroll. In addition to the days we have taken off so far and how many we have left at the end of the year.
  • User interface
  • Organization
  • Simpleness
  • The way the sidebar comes in and out can make it a bit more challenging to get back to the previous page you are on.
  • In the beginning, when our company was setting up Paylocity, some areas were locked to edit, and we had to reach out to customer service to have them unlock them (mistake on their part).
It's well suited if you are a smaller company and only want to use Paylocity for elementary functions (payroll and PTO). Besides that, I think the way it is organized would make it a bit more challenging to have more complex and detailed information. It can be confusing to swap between all of the tabs, which is why I don't think it would be easy to use if there was much more information on it.
I would rate Paylocity at an 8. It's a simple, overall user-friendly website. That would be ideal for smaller companies using it mainly to track requested days off, days taken, and any payroll-related things. It's easy to edit and change information as well. The only downfall is that the sidebar can make it a bit more challenging to go back to the previous page, but besides that, it's simple and easy to use.
January 17, 2020
We use Paylocity to manage payment and benefits across our entire organization. Many employees use it to clock in and out every day, but every employee uses Paylocity to select and manage their benefits, as well as their personal information, paid time off and sick leave. While we have employees upload headshots to the system, few people use Paylocity as a directory.
  • Timeclock functionality.
  • Track PTO.
  • It's too easy for employees to clock-in from the app when they are not at work.
  • It's confusing for users to update their personal information.
Paylocity is well suited for a company that has a majority of hourly employees. The software tracks time well, and it is a mostly simple program for users if a company only requires one action from them. If your team is predominantly salaried, then it makes less sense to use this software.
Support is average. Not exceptional, but not injurious.
April 09, 2019
Suzy Vera, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using PAYLOCITY in two of our five current concepts (whole organization) and plan to move the other 3 towards the end of the year.

It addressed the total failure that ADP software caused. The software is smart, well coded, simple, and clear- all things ADP didd not provide. Mostly it has addressed payroll issues we had.
  • Admin platform is easy to use and navigate
  • Implementation is organized and they follow up
  • Recruiting section is effective and clear
  • Smart Email templates
  • The on-boarding area could be a bit less tedious- starting a new hire from recruit to hire is a bit tedious but you get used to it
  • The time clocks need to be hardwired to a running computer at all times- very old technology, even ADP lets us hardwire it to our network (so we do not have to rely on our clocks running on computer)
As far as payroll and ATS systems go this is the best I have used. It does have it flaws of course but they seem to be adaptable to changing client needs, up with the industries and times, and good agents. We run a group of restaurants and use them for ATS, HR, payroll and time clocks for 2/5 concepts now- they are leaps and bounds ahead of ADP. The only thing they could improve on is their biometric time clock; it needs to be hooked up to a computer 24/7 to effectively function. The former is not adaptable for a restaurant setting so we had to switch to another time clock solution- although we like it we would have preferred the biometric clock.
Read Suzy Vera, MBA's full review
February 12, 2019
Jamie Powers, PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paylocity across the entire organization as our HRIS and payroll vendor.
  • The main thing that Paylocity does well is the self-service portal for employees. It is aesthetically pleasing, easy to use and full of information for employees.
  • Another thing is the "impressions" that employees can give to each other to say "job well done" for something.
  • There are many areas where Paylocity can improve. Customer service is definitely one of them. They are very slow to respond, if at all. They put no sense of urgency on matters. They tell you they will find out an answer and get back to you then they don't.
  • There is so much missing functionality between this system and my last (Paycor) that I can't even remember everything.
  • Switching to Paylocity was the worst decision I've ever made in my career.
In 2019 while using my current system, Namely, I'm updating my rating of Paylocity to 4. I thought Paylocity was bad, but there is definitely worse out there. I will still never recommend Paylocity to anyone.
Read Jamie Powers, PHR's full review
March 02, 2019
Paylocity is being used enterprise wide across the entire organization for functions such as web pay, time cards, vacation accruals and balances, performance management, etc., but some employees and some departments have more access to its additional features than others. For example, people managers have more functionality than individual contributors during merit season or for promotions and equity adjustments. But organization wide, we all use it on some level. It solves the business need of having a more robust and effective HRMS, we previously used an Oracle product that was outdated.
  • It has a very cool and easy to use recognition function called impressions. Instead of a simple instant message or email saying thank you, you can offer an impression saying thanks that can be categorized and made public the rest of the company when they access Paylocity. It's just a cool function that spreads thanks and engagement across the organization with little cost and effort.
  • The self service portal for employees is easy to use as well. If you need to access vacation accrual and balances, PTO requests, pay check stubs, pay information, need to change your address or name, etc. it's very easy to find and navigate. You don't need to dig or click everywhere.
  • The journal entry function is useful too for 1:1 meetings or check in meetings for manages and their direct reports. It gives an easy module to record notes, discuss topics, attach documents, or make notes of items that need to be followed up on. Not everyone here uses it, but it does help organize meetings and keep them on track.
  • The performance management function is good, but it could use some improvement. Some of the fields and functions can be cumbersome or confusing - if you don't need to go too deep into performance management it's fine, but if you really want to customize things or get in deeper it can be difficult.
  • The integration of Paylocity with our current applicant tracking system has been very difficult and drawn out. We'd like to integrate the two systems so we can create a smoother onboarding process, but for some reason it's been very difficult to get the two to "talk" to each other. If this integration can be improved, that would be great.
  • This is a minor issue, but confirming when vacation hours have been executed or approved can sometimes be confusing because you get more emails than you would expect and sometimes these emails are confusing. A simple message saying approved or not approved or the hours have been taken out of this current pay period would eliminate this confusion, but again, this is a minor thing.
Paylocity is great for easily recognizing coworkers or saying thank you. It doesn't take a lot of time, doesn't cost extra, but is effective and more personal than just an email or message. The main functions for vacation requests, looking at pay check stubs, journal entries for 1:1 meetings, performance management, etc. are great too. They are mostly intuitive and helpful.

Paylocity may not be best suited for extremely large or global companies. Although it has good capabilities and mostly is easy to use, this platform may not offer all the customization that would be needed for workforces that are very diverse and scattered.
June 05, 2019
We use Paylocity to manage most retail HR functions, from punch-in/punch-out for hourly employees to managing time off and generating tax forms. It is used across the entire agency and allows our somewhat modest HR team (1.5 FTE) to focus their efforts on bigger projects than printing out pay stubs or manually processing time off requests.
  • Punch in/Punch out for hourly employees and a very user-friendly interface that works well with mobile. Easy to remember URL for punching in offsite.
  • Handling time off requests! Really easy to check balances and submit requests.
  • Self-generated tax forms and pay stubs were extremely useful a few months ago when I was looking at new apartments and needed new pay stubs printed on a regular basis.
  • Overall, user interfaces are well designed, clean, and user-friendly.
  • The UI with past timesheets can be difficult to locate, it's a basic enough function to be highlighted more prominently.
  • Delineation of functions nested within the three main sections ("Self Service Portal", "HR & Payroll", and "Time & Labor") are difficult to learn and retain. As a result, I spend more time than I'd prefer clicking around the interfaces to find the page I'm looking for. That said, the interfaces are all so clean and user-friendly that I'm always able to find what I'm looking for eventually.
Hourly employees will love it for clocking in and clocking out, and I'd definitely recommend it to any manager/department/organization that is struggling with spreadsheet timesheets or time-intensive approval processes. I think it's specifically valuable to us as an organization with a lopsided employee: HR staff ration (~200+ employees for 1.5FTE of HR staff), as it lets them dedicate their energies to urgent/important matters and let us grab our own timesheets or pay stubs as desired.
March 27, 2019
All administrators from HR and Accounting have access to Web Pay. We use it to run payroll, to run reports for labor allocations - especially helpful for grant management and for all aspects of the HR department including new hires, benefits management, terminations.
  • Reports are amazing- a great database of system reports. Reports Writer is extremely helpful to use when you want to modify a system report or if you want to create a report to meet your particular needs.
  • The phone support from Paylocity is outstanding - anytime we have called we have been able to talk to real people. They are always so helpful and super friendly.
  • There are a lot of wizards that guide you through setup - for example, setting up a new garnishment is extremely easy when you follow the add a wage wizard- it asks you all questions necessary from setting up a new agency to calculating the new garnishment deduction.
  • There is room for improvement when you are navigating from the HR tab that has all the benefits and the other tabs such as payroll. If I am searching for an employee and I am checking their payroll set up, I don't have access to their HR benefit deductions - I have to switch searches to get to that part.
  • When we run payroll, if there is a person that is hired on 03.25.2019 and it is set up on auto-pay/exempt and our next payroll is on 03.29.2019, it still picks it up in the payroll batch even though the 03.29.2019 is for pay period 03.10-03.23.2019. It's very easy to make the mistake of paying a new hire when they haven't even submitted a time sheet.
  • Managing employee groups in Web Time and Web Pay is a very tedious job- it seems like both Web Pay and Web Time are not communicating completely since we need to navigate between the two to update employee groups.
It is very user-friendly and it has amazing online training webinars that are free. The customer support has been tremendously helpful and is available 5 days a week. This tool has great reporting features and can provide a very detailed record of each employee. If one employee leaves, the record can be retained and then if the same employee is rehired, it is super easy to make them active again.
March 06, 2019
It is being used by the entire organization. I am one department in the organization
  • Employees can track their time
  • Employees have access to necessary forms
  • Their training is non existent. They tried a phone training that was did not go well at all.
  • There is no follow up with the customer
  • I have had so many issues and they have yet to contact me directly for assistance
In concept it is great if you work a straight 40 hours per week. I have employees who work varied shifts, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. They sell it as up to date, when the reality is, it isn't. I can only post current times two weeks out of the month. They still have not added employee paid time off so the system does not allow me to do my job properly and it has doubled my work time with Paylocity.
January 10, 2019
Erin Holm | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paylocity is our organization's payroll and HR service portal. It's used across the organization, with each employee having access. We heavily use the reporting functions. We made the switch to Paylocity in 2017. It has allowed us to place a lot of our internal information in one place, such as employee contact information, company directories, and organizational charts, tax filing information, PTO and leave requests, etc.
  • Time tracking and integrating with payroll - payroll can be done quickly.
  • The interface is user-friendly for employees. It can be a little overwhelming for new employees, but once they get used to where things are, it's nice to have so much information in one place.
  • During tax season, the digital W2/tax forms are easy to access.
  • Within the self-service portal, employees can acknowledge and congratulate one another. It's always great to have a platform to encourage fellow employees.
  • Does have a reporting dashboard that provides helpful, but basic reports.
  • Pricing is decent, compared to similar platforms.
  • Customer service - although you do get a dedicated rep, they seem to change quite a bit. Additionally, responses have not been timely for us. We often find ourselves continually reaching out. When we do reach someone, it seems we get a lot of "I can't help you now, but let me find someone who can and get back to you", then no one does. We've gone around and around on several issues.
  • It doesn't seem to be as customizable as it claims to be/should be. One tweak in the system and things seem to be thrown off. We've had issues, such as making pay rate changes, that seem to become bigger issues than necessary.
  • We've had trouble with features/links either moving or no longer being visible. We've had employees who have trouble submitting PTO because the link is not visible. When they log in at a future time, it's there. It has been an odd issue no one seems to be able to explain.
It's a suitable platform if you're looking for a self-service portal for employees. Fairly easy to use, has all of the information they'll need. It does have SOME quality reporting options, but it does leave a lot to be desired. We've often found ourselves wondering why there isn't more customization for that particular area.

If everything is functioning properly, requesting time off is easy for employees.

It is not a 100% error-free platform (what is?), so you will have to deal with various issues along the way.

Read Erin Holm's full review
January 02, 2019
Elaine Oakman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Paylocity to pay 35 Biweekly and Semi-Monthly employees. It is also used when we need employees to sign off on an HR document. Every employee in the organization has access to Paylocity to review Paystubs, make tax changes, and sign HR documents
  • I love that Payroll can be run within 2 days of the pay date.
  • I love the fact that you can call Paylocity and they are very responsive when you need to make crucial Payroll changes.
  • I love the check calculator feature of Paylocity which allow employees to see what effect changes they make will have on their pay.
  • You can add up to 3 banks.
  • For our organization we were having problems with the Time Tracking portion of the system; we disabled this feature and went to an outside tracking system.
  • In terms of Time tracking, Paylocity representatives were not very helpful in offering solutions.
  • More Integration of the HR feature in Paylocity.
For running Payroll, I feel that Paylocity is a great system. However, when it is integrated with other aspects such as time tracking; there is not a clear/cohesive integration. I believe that Paylocity should work better on integrating other aspects of its' software; so that it is seamlessness from the users' perspectives.
Read Elaine Oakman's full review
May 03, 2018
Todd Forsythe | TrustRadius Reviewer
My company currently uses Paylocity for our entire organization. We began using Paylocity at the first of the year and so far it has proven to be far better from the previous payroll program that we were using. We use it for our employees to track their time, and we use it for our benefit elections.
  • Tracking time, both online and through the phone app.
  • Employee annual benefits selection.
  • Time off requests.
  • Paystub filing.
  • Approving time through the phone app
Paylocity works well for employees that are on the go and often out of the office as well as those that are in the office.
Read Todd Forsythe's full review

Employee demographic data (35)
Employment history (33)
Job profiles and administration (29)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (33)
Organizational charting (34)
Organization and location management (32)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (24)
Pay calculation (41)
Support for external payroll vendors (22)
6.7
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (2)
3.5
Benefit plan administration (29)
Direct deposit files (38)
Salary revision and increment management (29)
Reimbursement management (17)
Approval workflow (33)
Balance details (35)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (26)
View and generate pay and benefit information (39)
Update personal information (38)
View company policy documentation (29)
Employee recognition (28)
View job history (24)
Tracking of all physical assets (10)
Report builder (33)
6.4
Pre-built reports (32)
6.3
Ability to combine HR data with external data (23)
5.7
New hire portal (18)
Manager tracking tools (14)
Corporate goal setting (8)
Individual goal setting (10)
Line-of sight-visibility (8)
Performance tracking (12)
Performance plans (14)
6.7
Performance improvement plans (13)
Review status tracking (15)
Review reminders (15)
Multiple review frequency (12)
Create succession plans/pools (8)
6.4
Candidate ranking (6)
Candidate search (4)
Candidate development (6)
Job Requisition Management (6)
6.0
Company Website Posting (5)
Publish to Social Media (6)
Job Search Site Posting (4)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (4)
Applicant Tracking (5)
Notifications and Alerts (7)

What is Paylocity?

Paylocity is an all-in-one software platform designed to give HR pros a way to manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management. The vendor states their technology is backed by a culture that cares about client success, and that they take the time to get to know customers and understand their needs. Paylocity works with users to identify the solutions that will benefit a business today, while paving the way to a better tomorrow.