Bill.com Reviews

Edison Rose | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bill.com is being utilized in our Finance department. It helps us keep track of vendor payments, retains appropriate documentation, and synchs with our Quickbooks software. It enables an easy and fast approval process through the mobile app.
  • Ease of use.
  • Very fast approval times.
  • Documentation retention.
  • Synching with accounting software.
  • Requested approval due by dates.
  • Audit logs.
It is well suited for small businesses to track approval processes for vendor payments. It creates a system of checks and balances with accounts payable and the staff responsible for managing the vendor(s).
Read Edison Rose's full review
Paula Bledsoe | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Bill.com to invoice clients and receive payments. I also use it for my clients to pay their bills. It allows my clients to send all their bills to one location and sync them to Quickbooks. It allows them to pay their vendors electronically.
  • Document management.
  • Syncs with Quickbooks Desktop and QBO.
  • Sends invoices and allows automatic payments.
  • There is an issue with syncing all the data from a QBO invoice to Bill.com. It does not transfer billable expenses to the Bill.com copy.
  • It does not sync a copy of the bill or invoice to QBO.
Bill.com does a great job paying vendors electronically. It will also mail checks if the vendor does not want to do electronic payments.
Read Paula Bledsoe's full review
Erin Leonard | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Bill.com for all bill pay and tracking purposes. We pay an accounting firm that integrates their system with Bill.com so we have access to Bill.com through their subscription, not our own.

I love being able to pay all of our bills through this very simple platform. When we get an invoice in the mail or online, I simply mail it to our designated email address, and then quickly process it within the platform for payment. Everything is perfectly organized and I can easily pull up all payment history to a specific vendor. Our accountants have access and can easily reference payments made in Bill.com if they have any questions, etc.
  • Extremely easy to pay your bills, as well as keep our payment history organized and correctly categorized.
  • Easy to set permissions, and manage who does what in the platform.
  • Easy to cancel or edits payments, input new vendors, make adjustments, integrate with QuickBooks, etc.
  • I literally have no complaints about Bill.com.
Bill.com is something I couldn't live without! Managing our vendors is easy. I would recommend this to any small organization like us. It is simple and highly customizable.
Read Erin Leonard's full review
Andrew Newman CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2019

Bill.com is #1

As a CPA firm, we are users of Bill.com ourselves and also offer it to clients. We use to track bills and bill payments and to have a one-stop portal to see all the invoices, payments and documents related to vendors. We recommend it to our clients for the same reason. With other organizations such as non-profits, Bill.com offers the added convenience of allowing people, no matter where they are located, to pay a bill without having to come to the office. This is especially useful in small non-profits where officers sign checks and this is a huge inconvenience. Lastly, Bill.com offers the benefit of allowing you to track who approved and who signed your check which offers the organization transparency and internal control which are otherwise hard to achieve.
  • Easy to enter bills, track bills and research bills that have already been paid.
  • When approving bills, it allows you to go through each bill, one by one and review the entry against the bill before approving it.
  • Keeps a copy of the canceled check with the bill so you can provide/have that information at your fingertips if the bill payment is disputed.
  • Sends a copy of the bill with the bill payment.
  • Tracks which bill payment checks have cleared.
  • It makes it easy to reissue a check if necessary.
  • Excellent sync on payables with QBO.
  • Excellent, though texting, support.
  • The new interface is not as easy to navigate as the old. A great feature of Bill.com is its ability to upload multiple invoices and then parse them out to different vendors. In the old interface, this was simple. With the new one, the program assumes that all documents in an upload are for one vendor and if you are not careful you will spend a lot of time fixing an unfortunate "click".
  • The new interface does not seem to do a good job of OCR recognition of bills.
  • If you use the accounts receivable part of Bill.com, all payments have to be processed through Bill.com or you will land up with thousands of "open invoices" in Bill.com that are paid in your tax software.
  • Problem resolution is not timely.
Bill.com is unparalleled in offering small businesses the flexibility, transparency, and security necessary to ensure that your bills are under control.
Read Andrew Newman CPA's full review
Deanna Williamson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Bill.com for all of our payables. We are a small team of 13, so the only daily users are myself and the controller. The CEO is a user so he can approve certain expenses. Before the controller was hired, our accounting firm associate from 9Guage was a user on our account.
  • E-payments: easy to use, the vendor submits their direct deposit info directly.
  • QuickBooks Online: works really well with QuickBooks.
  • Approvals: easy way to get expenses approved for payment.
  • Expediting payments: I would like the option to send a payment for receipt within 24 hours.
We only use the application for payables so I can't really comment on the receivable feature, but Bill.com meets our AP needs and it is reliable and easy to use. The connection to QuickBooks is a nice feature that syncs in realtime.
Read Deanna Williamson's full review
Stephen Kirschenmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bill.com is used across our entire organization for Accounts Payable. All invoices come in through our ap@ email or our AP accountant and are put into an approval workflow within Bill.com. We use Bill.com for an entirely paperless AP process. An approval workflow is set up based on the dollar limits for each manager and creates accountability throughout the organization. Bill.com is relatively easy to search for vendors and individual invoices. I do wish the search feature was a little more robust, though.
  • Approval workflows.
  • Paperless processes.
  • Tracking of invoices and vendors.
  • Reporting -- there is none.
  • Exporting data is clunky, at best.
  • There's no integration for our MS Dynamics 365 ERP.
Bill.com is good for efficiently managing the entire AP process, creating accountability within the organization, and paperlessly storing all data. However, Bill.com is lacking in the areas of reporting on the data that's actually stored in the system, exporting the data to another system for reporting, and integrating with enterprise-level ERPs.
Read Stephen Kirschenmann's full review
Bill.com is used to handle all expenses and invoice payments for our organization. Previously we had used Bill.com for our full accounts payable process but as we have grown we have migrated the invoice entry and approvals to another application. Bill.com is utilized by our finance team for approving bill payment expenses for all of our invoices that are processed on a weekly basis. Bill.com has enabled us to efficiently process payments for all of our vendors and employees and the system integrates with our GL platform seamlessly.
  • Integration with ERP.
  • Simple to use for both users and vendors.
  • Easy vendor creation.
  • Approvals are limited. We were unable to create custom approval flows based on the type of expense/department.
Bill.com is well suited for organizations that have a small finance team where the majority of approvals are managed by one individual. It is well suited for organizations that wish to limit the manual processing of payments and do not require a complex payment process for processing invoices. Bill.com has been one of the most reliable software systems that I have used and the integrations with our GL system (Intacct) have never been an issue. The payment processing is incredibly reliable as well and while we have largely migrated from Bill.com for invoice processing, we continue to utilize Bill.com's payment system as it continues to provide significant value to our organization.

Bill.com is less suited for organizations that have a more robust procurement process as approvals are limited to a few individuals based on dollar thresholds. Bill.com is most lacking in the ability to create customized approval workflows enabling different departments or users to approve invoices.
We are using this for customers that have signed up to autopay our reoccurring services. This was the most cost-effective solution I found that didn't require me to re-enter information each month. It does integrate with Quickbooks, which is nice. Though I wish we had more control over how it entered things in Quickbooks (we have to make a transfer every time we receive funds as it doesn't show the money depositing into the correct account, but instead puts it in a bill.com account).
  • Integrate with QuickBooks.
  • Allow you to run payments without seeing full account numbers.
  • Control over what account the deposits show in QuickBooks.
  • Be able to specify a specific payment to run every month but not all invoices for a particular customer.
  • Tie into Connectwise (right now I have to do multiple syncs to get information back and forth between 3 programs).
  • Auto payments with credit cards would be nice.
Great for allowing customers to pay by ACH. The hardest part is getting customers to agree to pay this way. It does allow us to give the customers a portal, so they can enter their own information.
We leveraged Bill.com for our Outsourced Accounting clients that wanted to automate the entire AP process as much as possible. We used Bill.com for 50+ clients, and our internal accountant team loved how streamlined the process was. For us, it allowed us to manage all of our clients' AP functions in a single system.
  • Email Inbox for Vendor Invoices allows for more streamlined Procure to Pay cycle
  • Excellent Sync with Sage Intacct allows for enhanced reporting capabilities
  • Approvals are well built allowing for strong audit trails
  • Would love to see posting to GL per transaction for Sage Intacct sync, not just daily
  • Better built phone application for accountant users
  • Support can be lacking at times
Bill.com is well suited for any organization that is looking for AP automation.
David Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Bill.com to process all invoices/payables for the company, especially invoices associated with a specific job or project, so that every invoice is approved by multiple team members and that the payment process is simple and fast for our CFO. We process hundreds of invoices every month, often with new vendors, and the approval and payment process is so smooth with Bill.com.
  • Approval workflow is perfect for ensuring everyone who needs to approve a bill does.
  • Syncs with our financial software so that all jobs, accounts, bills, and payments sync (no double entry).
  • The payment process is simple and gives us the ability to mark Paid, Print Check, e-Payment, or Send ACH. We also feel very secure knowing the security measures Bill.com implements.
  • The invoicing portal (inbox) allows us to email all incoming invoices. The system reads much of the data for us, saving time.
  • The only issue we have is that Bill.com does not sync purchase orders from our financial software, so we cannot easily match an invoice (often a progress payment) to the purchase order. We have to use a PO clearing account in our software which simply adds some data entry. If they had this integration, the software would be perfect.
  • The only other feature I would like to see improved is their reporting (though this has greatly improved over the past few months). They have added more filtering and reporting features.
Bill.com is an amazing tool for any accounts payable. It saves us tons of labor hours and is easy to manage.
Read David Turner's full review
Michael Ly | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bill.com is the preferred and primary Accounts Payable management software for both Reconciled as well as all of our customers that we provide accounts payable services for. It is very easy and convenient to use, syncs with most cloud-based accounting systems, and makes Accounts Payable management efficient and simple. As the administrator for my firm as well as for our customers, we can assign both firm access as well as customer access to any team members in our firm and users with our customers. I highly recommend this product.
  • Easy to set up
  • Great Customer Service
  • Workflow flexibility
  • Faster payment processing time
  • Easier syncing resolutions with accounting software
  • More intuitive interface
Bill.com is best suited for small to medium size businesses that need a more robust accounts payable management process. This replaces the AP module in your accounting software with real time syncing, but also replaces the need to use your bank's online bill pay.
Read Michael Ly's full review
Edison Rose | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our school uses Bill.com across our finance department. It provides a system of checks and balances for payment to vendors, as well as an easy form of ACH payments.
  • Ease of Use: can use the Bill.com app
  • Integration: sync with Quickbooks or other software
  • Affordable for small businesses
  • Easier ePayment system
It is very well suited for our small organization as it provides the level of accountability and documentation that we need. It is very affordable and integrates well with our software and our financial policy. It may not be as useful on the enterprise level.
Read Edison Rose's full review
The US branches of our company use Bill.com exclusively for electronic employee expense reimbursement payments. This allows US-based employees to receive expense reimbursements directly to their bank accounts through e-payments. It's a fast, easy, and paperless way to send employees payment for their corporate purchases, automatically without contacting the HR department. Wire transfers allow employees to access the funds quickly.
  • Billing and payments are completely automated, which makes the process very easy and hands-off for users.
  • Setup was very simple. I just created an account and provided my bank details and have never logged in to the platform again.
  • The email notifications letting me know about approved reimbursements are reliable, convenient, and helpful.
  • Currently, our company uses a different platform to submit expenses, we only use bill.com to receive them. So perhaps this isn't actually a place where bill.com could improve, but the expense submission process may not have been robust enough for our company.
  • The bill.com platform wasn't the most beautiful or pleasing to use, but this is a minor fault.
  • I'd love a way to set up recurring payments (e.g., my phone bill is reimbursed each month).
I'm simply a user who receives reimbursements and can't speak to bill.com's effectiveness for admins, but bill.com seems perfectly fine for this medium-sized company's needs. I'm not sure why our company chose to use bill.com only for reimbursement payments (not submitting and approving the reimbursements) and only for US employees. We switched to bill.com after changing our external tax consultants in the US, so if your external tax consultant uses bill.com, it seems like an appropriate scenario to switch as well.
We launched a network of 35+ affiliates that continues to grow. We use Bill.com to pay out these affiliates, but also to pay our other payables. We use Bill.com across the entire organization with the QuickBooks integration. We are a small team, and Bill.com allows us to scale our payables so we don't have to be bogged down cutting checks every month.
  • Scales along with our network
  • QuickBooks integration
  • Easy for our payables to sign up to get paid
  • It's not clear how to get to some features
  • I often have to dig a bit to find certain areas of the website
  • When synchronizing from QuickBooks it carries over everything with it, so it's sometimes hard to find what you're looking for
Bill.com is well suited for payables. We use it specifically for payables only. It probably does an ok job at receivables, but we were a QuickBooks user first so we haven't looked at using Bill.com for that. Bill.com is also well suited for scaling up your business without scaling up the work load.
Carl Grivakis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bill.com is a service used by several of the businesses my own small business contracts with. I am one of the end users who can appreciate that Bill.com has one place to show invoices due, how quickly, and methods to follow up on these invoices with my clients. I know they elected to implement Bill.com after outsourcing their accounting department to an off-shore company.
  • Bill.com allows me to conveniently track money due to my business from a couple of my own clients, it allows me to review transactions afterward for my own bookkeeping.
  • Bill.com sends out messages and reminders when payments are coming in, and allows me to plan for follow-ups and reminders to clients that come due or are late in making payments.
  • Bill.com allows me to send invoices directly to my client to be processed, as simple as taking a picture and uploading it.
  • There is no channel of communication to the client through the app, I can only take notes on individual invoices, or 'resend' the invoice to the client as a reminder.
  • I've been signed up with Bill.com to collect payment from one vendor, and another had found me on there as well, but I can't easily find a way to use it for more of my own invoicing to other/all clients.
Very easy and straightforward in its use. I appreciate my clients that do use Bill.com. As an end user, I like the service it provides but have never been contacted/introduced to a sales rep from there for how I might be able to use it with my own clients or service providers.
Read Carl Grivakis's full review
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bill.com is being used to replace the need for an AP Department. I have been using the product for a few years now and it is such a time saver. It is used by the Accounting/ Finance Department at my company. I love how when you input a bill on Bill.com, it can be paid directly by Bill.com. It does all of the heavy lifting of cutting and mailing the check to the correct vendor. Because of Bill.com, we have no need to have someone be in charge of paying the bills and cutting the checks. Bill.com does it all. Bill.com is the best substitution to an AP person.
  • Eliminates the need for an accounts person.
  • The ability to have multiple signers on the checks. Multiple people can be required to approve the check before it can be paid.
  • Access Bill.com anywhere. They even have a good app to use.
  • A better understanding of the pricing model would be nice.
  • I wish it integrated better with QuickBooks. Bill.com tries to integrate but it struggles to do a good job.
Bill.com is perfect for the small business that has a small staff and those staff wear many different hats. Bill.com eliminates the need to have someone in charge of cutting checks and paying the bills. Bill.com is super easy to use and the pricing is very inexpensive. As my company has grown, I am glad that we use Bill.com. I have saved many hours because of how easy it is to use. My vendors have no problems with using Bill.com. I also love that Bill.com has the check and balance feature where it is required for the bill to be approved by a manager before the check can be paid. This is a nice level of security.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Alicia Gates, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bill.com is used by our entire organization. Our admin staff uses it to pay our own company bills and sync it seamlessly with QuickBooks Online, and our employee's use it to for our clients using the same features. Bill.com allows us to be a 100% paperless and cloud-based accounting firm. Our clients can easily submit bills, review them, approve them, and we can easily pay the bills on time, sync it to QuickBooks Online, and keep all of the financial data organized, which in turn results in real dollars saved in both the client's time and our employee's time. Furthermore, it's not even yours or your client's bank account that's at risk! Bill.com prints all of the checks from their bank account, which means if anyone tries a fraudulent activity, it's only Bill.com's information that's at risk, not yours. It's secure, it's fast, and it integrates. It's awesome!
  • Bill.com allows anyone who has the dedicated bill.com email address for the company to send bills directly to Bill.com. This means clients, vendors, automated bill reminders - all of those can be emailed directly to bill.com. There's no need for a "special portal" for these to go through - ANYONE can send them there. And, if you have something that you need to add that is on your desktop, great! Just drag and drop, and it's added. It makes getting the bills a very simple process.
  • The approval process for Bill.com is great. You can set one or multiple approvers, you can customize it for just certain vendors need approval, or just amounts over a certain threshold, with a variety of combinations in between. This is really nice for clients who don't want to approve every bill they send you, but maybe they want to double check bills over $5,000.
  • The variety of email preferences you can set up for Bill.com is amazing. You can set it so anytime you receive something new, you get an email. Or maybe every time there's an approved bill - you get an email. Maybe you only want updates once a week, or on certain days of the week - you can do that too! It's whatever you need to see to be the most efficient, Bill.com will notify you by email however you want them to. It's great because nothing slips through the cracks.
  • Voiding a bill in Bill.com is easy, but unfortunately, the void doesn't sync automatically to QuickBooks Online (unlike bill and bill payments, which do automatically sync). Bill.com is great in always telling you exactly what to do to correct it in your QuickBooks Online software, but it would nice if there weren't extra steps you had to take when this happens.
  • Bill.com only sends the first page of a bill with a check. Typically this isn't a problem, but in some instances, it's necessary for more than 1 page to be sent. It would be nice if Bill.com had a checkbox selection option to print up to a set number of pages (maybe up to 5) for an additional fee. Having the option would be great so I don't have to jump through hoops with other methods to try to get a bill paid, all because I need more than 1 page to go with the check.
For cloud-based firms or paperless firms, Bill.com is necessary. Not only can you easily view, approve, pay, track payments, and sync the information with QuickBooks Online, but you can also see all of the historical data in Bill.com for any vendor, at any time. Once it's in Bill.com, you can throw away that bill!

If you have remote employees or complex approval processes, Bill.com excels at addressing those needs. If on the other hand you have a very small office and everyone is in the same building, and you like hand writing checks and manually entering them into whatever accounting software you use, then Bill.com isn't necessary. Likewise, if you only have a few vendors and you're able to set up them for automatic payment through the vendor websites, you don't need Bill.com.
Read Alicia Gates, CPA's full review
Joshua Duke | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Bill.com as our primary tool to bill clients for advertising and any services provided by the company. It acted as the only way to bill customers remotely and get paid quickly.
  • Detailed invoices.
  • Followup emails for past due invoices.
  • Dashboard for all outstanding and paid invoices.
  • Better notification of when a bill was paid.
  • Notification if email invoice was not received by customer.
  • Wants too much information to setup an account in the system.

QuickBooks does everything now we need it to do, but is very hard to learn and operate. However, it does all the things we need it to do.

Bill.com was used as a simple way to send an invoice and get paid, but did not live up to expectations.

Read Joshua Duke's full review
Tina Gregory | TrustRadius Reviewer
My clients use Bill.com as the system of record for disbursements to vendors and for reimbursement of employee expenses. This solution is being used across each organization and enables multi-level review and approval of payables obligations, central repository for documents from vendors and mobile management and access to vendor, cash flow and remittance information for management review without having to access each firms' accounting system. Bill.com seamlessly integrates with accounting systems --- my clients use QuickBooks, both hosted and online, NetSuite and Xero. Bill.com also integrates with Expensify, so employee expense reports can also go through multiple-level review and payments can be tracked and made electronically.
  • Seamless integration with major accounting systems and applications and intelligent, built-in workflow. This reduces duplication of work, skipped approval steps and delay in payment processing.
  • Bill.com enables single repository storage for vendor invoice submission, unlimited storage for documents and good reporting capability. This assists with audit and control review.
  • Bill.com provides live chat and call back capability from a knowledgeable customer service team. This is critically important, since accounting system synchronization is a complex matter and occasionally sync errors require some guidance to clear.
  • Bill.com integrates well with 1099 preparation applications, which is critical at year end and saves data entry time when preparing these required forms.
  • The credit memo processing features in Bill.com could be built-out more fully.
  • Additional report customization would be helpful.
  • Batch-processing transaction capability could be developed.
Bill.com is well-suited to firms of all sizes who are looking for single-portal solutions to invoice approval and processing, with embedded integration to accounting systems. The system enables visibility into vendor activity and liabilities, enables more rapid audit support and provides "review anywhere" work capability. Because vendors are instructed to send invoices to a central repository and built-in workflow routes approvals as designated, efficiency can be significantly improved and fraud prevention processes are supported.
Read Tina Gregory's full review
Laura Chapman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, I use the product for the music, non-profit, legal and property management firms. It creates a system of checks and balances because of the approval system. Bill.Com saves paper and postage. It's easy to use and easy to train end users the product. Technical support is quite responsive and awesome.
  • Internal Audit Control
  • Repository of cancelled checks and vendor documents
  • Ability to save paper, postage and labor.
  • Create a system so you can pick and choose what should be synced or not.
  • Make it easier to input detailed vendor bills.
Generally, anyone with 15 bills or more should be using this product to create good internal control, save labor, postage and filing space.
Read Laura Chapman's full review
Bill Aiton | TrustRadius Reviewer
My firm implements accounting software for mid market organizations. Part of that implementation has been Accounts Payable - Vendors, Vouchers, Checks, etc.
We are starting to see some of our customers that are taking the entire AP function and moving it to the cloud by using Bill.com, an innovative new cloud solution for moving Accounts Payable to the web.
Vouchers are scanned to the Bill.com web site, assigned to a vendor and coded to the chart of accounts. They then route to approvers through the internet with email notification and finally, Bill.com will send an ACH payment or cut a check.
Approvals are automated, voucher image library is built, no software or hardware is required and fees are nominal.
And Bill.com will perform the same functions for Accounts Receivable - allowing you to create invoices, route them to customers and receive payments. With AP and AR on the same system, cash forecasting is also supported!

• Accounts Payable Imaging and Routing - No more file cabinets, not more chasing down invoices lost in mail boxes, no more delay in getting payments approved.
  • No Software or Hardware - since Bill.com is completely cloud based, it is inexpensive to get started and convenient.
  • Fees are Transaction Based - at this time, checks cost $1.49 and ACH payments are $.49 each. Monthly fees are between $50 and $200. Depending on volume, total costs can be much lower than traditional software systems.
  • Eliminates paper checks and file cabinet storage of AP vouchers.
  • Cloud is a strength and a weakness - some customers prefer a personal on-site training resource.
  • Integration to other systems can be limited - for instance, some AP systems integrate to Fixed Assets for automatic set up of new assets.
  • When integrating back to GL systems, 1099 and other information can be difficult to map.
  • Based on volume, the low per transaction fees can total more than on site software systems. But for low volume firms, cost is very nominal.
The biggest issue to resolve is whether the organization is ok with having this data all in the cloud, or whether and on premise solution is more comfortable. Going to the cloud has many benefits - cost, hardware maintenance and acquisition, imaging. In my experience, the larger the firm, the more preference for an on premise or hybrid solution.
At any rate, the innovation represented by Bill.com is dramatic and the cost savings for smaller organizations can be substantial. Bill.com and firms like it are changing the accounting landscape for organizations!
Read Bill Aiton's full review
Cindy B. Halpern-Cohen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using it for a client so that their bookkeeper can import the invoices and I can manage cash flow, data entry etc., to sync with QuickBooks. I am now their accounting department and Bill.com enables remote access and remote control. Also it's nice to be able to link invoices directly.
  • Sync with Quickbooks eliminates double entry.
  • Invoices themselves are linked in system.
  • Can pay from anywhere.
  • The screen is a little hard to navigate since there are many options on how to enter an invoice. I would prefer seeing a menu driven system sort of like QuickBooks that would be easier for my clients.
The client needs to feel comfortable not physically cutting the check and becoming paperless.
Read Cindy B. Halpern-Cohen's full review
Dorothy Boyle | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 04, 2015

Bill.com

Bill.com is being used by our whole organization as a tool for our client to pay bills and to issue and receive payment on invoices.
  • It is fairly easy to use and syncs very well with QuickBooks.
  • Customer support is very helpful.
  • It also provides a trail of what your client has paid and when. It helps with avoiding double payments.
  • When information is inadvertently deleted, there is no notification.
  • If there is no name on a check, it can still be issued.
Bill.com is fairly simple to use and seems appropriate for most industries. The document saving feature is very desirable and can save companies a lot of space.
Read Dorothy Boyle's full review
Barvie Koplow | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Bill.com to handle our accounts payable function. The whole organization (finance team and partners) uses it to properly review, approve, track status, store, and pay vendor invoices. Bill.com addresses making internal control measures easy to implement and eliminates the need for vendor filing.
  • Approval chains - lightens up the need for manual email follow-up and assures a documented time-stamped record of invoice approval.
  • Syncs with QuickBooks - easy on data entry, user friendly.
  • Customer support - By far, Bill.com has the best support team, staffed with knowledgeable consultants eager to solve any issues. Their chat feature is awesome.
  • Easy to upload images, multiple methods.
  • I'd like to see memorized approval chain templates, not necessarily what was last set for the vendor.
  • Quicker e-payments without having to pay extra money for an "overnight" transaction. Sometimes when processing payments on a Friday - our ePayments do not get scheduled to process/deposit until the following Thursday.
Bill.com may not really be suited for a solo practitioner. Although, I can see the benefit of having all vendor information and payments all in one place, without a hard copy filing system.
Read Barvie Koplow's full review
Janelle Thunhorst | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bill.com is being used to help customers pass on information to our team easily and to reduce time in the accounts payable process.
  • Bill.com lets us email bills directly to Bill.com, this feature saves us lots of time because we don't have to sort through tons of e-mails to find our clients accounts payable items.
  • The digital copies it saves are easy to read and find.
  • Easy communication between users and approvers.
  • It would be great if you could [pay] by via credit card in Bill.com.
  • I would like the feature to allow users pay approved bills with limitations.
Do you have high level of A/P? How much time to you spend on A/P?
Read Janelle Thunhorst's full review

About Bill.com

Bill.com is a an online service for small to midsize businesses which provides a central dashboard for managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and cash flow management. It syncs with all major accounting systems like QuickBooks, Sage, Intaact, and NetSuite.

Bill.com offers four pricing options. The $20 per user, per month Essentials package contains payable OR receivable management with unlimited document storage and workflow approval. The $30 dollar Team plan syncs with accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks) and has some analytic features. The $50 Corporate package supports AR & AP and has more robust Workflow options. Finally the tailor-made Enterprise level syncs with other popular software (e.g. Salesforce) and grants API access to Bill.com.

Bill.com Integrations