Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Bill.com, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $45 per month
- Supported: AP and AR Automation
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||United States|
- recurring charges
- customer support
- connecting with vendors
- ACH payments
- Paying invoices
- Syncing with Netsuite
- Applying customer credits
- Support Team needs more training
- Customer Serivce
- Ease of Use
- Friendly Interface
- Report customization
- In depth analysis of payements
- Ability to expedite checks
- AI recognition of invoice details is helpful
- Bill.com customer support has improved greatly in the year I've used it. I get real humans that call to speak to me directly and know what they're doing to help when I have a question or issue
- Makes invoice approvals easy within various departments
- I would love to be able to make updates or changes to invoice description line items to multiple invoices at a time before having them saved and getting pushed to the next approver. I have several invoices where I need to update details of the invoice description that I would like to do as a batch instead of each time having to hit save and do this each time. For instance, I have invoices that I need to update the date range every 2 weeks for multiple invoices. If I could do this as a group this would be a huge time saver
- Why do we have to manually sync to QBO? It would be cool if we didn't have to do this each time.
- Easy to enter bills, track bills and research bills that have already been paid.
- When approving bills, it allows you to go through each bill, one by one and review the entry against the bill before approving it.
- Keeps a copy of the canceled check with the bill so you can provide/have that information at your fingertips if the bill payment is disputed.
- Sends a copy of the bill with the bill payment.
- Tracks which bill payment checks have cleared.
- It makes it easy to reissue a check if necessary.
- Excellent sync on payables with QBO.
- Excellent, though texting, support.
- The new interface is not as easy to navigate as the old. A great feature of Bill.com is its ability to upload multiple invoices and then parse them out to different vendors. In the old interface, this was simple. With the new one, the program assumes that all documents in an upload are for one vendor and if you are not careful you will spend a lot of time fixing an unfortunate "click".
- The new interface does not seem to do a good job of OCR recognition of bills.
- If you use the accounts receivable part of Bill.com, all payments have to be processed through Bill.com or you will land up with thousands of "open invoices" in Bill.com that are paid in your tax software.
- Problem resolution is not timely.
- The approval process is easy to set up.
- Processing invoices from entering it into the system to payment is paperless.
- The integration with the accounting database has worked well.
- Tech support is only available by chat.
- We didn't intend to use Bill.com for cash receipts, so I didn't realize we had received some money until a donor inquired.
- Integration with Quickbooks
- Options for Recurring ACH
- Terrible Customer Service
- Likely shady business practices of holding customer money longer for profit
- Terrible communication
- They are questionable [in my opinion]
- They hold my money [in my experience]
- They have limited customer support [from what I've seen]
- Not for Canadians at all [I believe]
- Customer service
- No aspect of Bill.com worked well in my experience.
- The two-factor authentication system [seemed to be] faulty, so I was immediately locked out of my account. The verification codes did not send to my phone, despite numerous attempts at troubleshooting. I use 2FA daily and have never encountered trouble before. It seems Bill.com has a unique problem.
- [In my experience,] customer service was slow to respond, and unhelpful when they did. [Their] advice ignored my explanation of what I had already tried and put the onus on me to resolve an issue that originated on their side.
- They declined to offer [what I felt was] a common-sense resolution, instead asking for my passport and bank statements. I cancelled the payment and asked my client to pay through another channel.
- The fact that Bill.com automatically processes most information on the invoice is really helpful - leads to quicker processing
- The "to do list" feature ensures you see the tasks that need to be completed ASAP
- The reports section is very helpful in year end prepping for audits
- Reassigning invoice approvers in bulk - currently there is no process for that. It has to be done manually one by one.
- Sync errors should give more detail on what's causing the issue
- The ability to send checks to international vendors was removed - it'd be great to get that back
- E-payments: easy to use, the vendor submits their direct deposit info directly.
- QuickBooks Online: works really well with QuickBooks.
- Approvals: easy way to get expenses approved for payment.
- Expediting payments: I would like the option to send a payment for receipt within 24 hours.
At least that is how it is supposed to work, if you do everything correctly. If not...
- Unauthorized users do not have access to your bank account, even if you just forget to authorize them
- In my experience, it is impossible to change email address on account
- In my experience, it is impossible to delete bank account (set as inactive is labeled as delete)
- In my experience, it is nearly impossible to delete Bill.com account
- Help desk chat could not understand my problem
- In my experience, it is impossible to edit account without a customer relationship
I requested my Bill.com account be deleted on Wednesday so I could start all over with a fresh account; this seemed to be completed Wednesday night, but when I tried to create a new Bill.com account from the same email, it took me to my old bill.com account.
- Easy to use
- Payees need to create an account
- Unclear instructions on how to accept payment
- Limited on integrations
- The bills always go to the right person. No more slow or missing mail or not knowing who to contact for a payment update.
- The ease of creating invoices. You can create an invoice, attach needed documentation, and add notes to your customers
- User friendly website. We are still new to using bill.com but the website is very easy to figure out and navigate
- ACH payments built in. No more missing checks in the mail!
- We are still new to using the software so there is always a learning curve
- AP automation
- Centralized AP inbox
- Approval workflow
- Bill payment
- Inbox management - I spent much more time managing AP bills (compared to finance email address) because Bill.com pulled picture files, email signatures, even duplicate invoices.
- If you have multiple entities, there should an option to transfer an invoice to another Bill.com inbox. I had vendors that would send to the wrong email address regularly or just cc all our bill.com inboxes, thus substantially slowing my team down and adding work.
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Connecting vendors
- Adding W-9s as part of the vendor onboarding process
- Pay faster feature should be available when paying bills through the app
- They create the bill if it is simple
- They have simple functionality of checking
- You can see which bills have not been sync
- Providing more customization to match other systems
- Their support knowing more about the product and not trying to change fixed asset to a cash account
- Their support actually being easy to work with and get in touch with to resolve solutions
- Site is user friendly
- Site is easy to upload invoices to
- Bill.com has all the options to make communication to customers easy and clear
- More options for managing customers
- Simpler way to add customers to our account
- More admin options
- domestic ACH only
- Extremely slow payment processing times. Sometimes more than a week for international vendors and they won't provide a reason for this.
- Terribly generic customer service. Canned responses and their strategy is to send you links to generic articles [that feel] haphazardly written.
- Very manual invite process. You cannot send a bulk invite, it must be done one-by-one which is very time consuming if you have to add more than 10 people in a month.
- Cannot assign more than one approver at a time. This is unacceptable when you've imported 600 invoices and need to assign [and] approve one-by-one.
- Can only make 84 payments at a time per batch.
- International vendors cannot log in to see their activity. Our international vendors are blind to anything having to do with their monthly invoices and payments.
- Nothing on my part.
- Support needs to be free and answer your questions for free.
- Eliminates the need for an accounts person.
- The ability to have multiple signers on the checks. Multiple people can be required to approve the check before it can be paid.
- Access Bill.com anywhere. They even have a good app to use.
- A better understanding of the pricing model would be nice.
- I wish it integrated better with QuickBooks. Bill.com tries to integrate but it struggles to do a good job.
- Integration with ERP.
- Simple to use for both users and vendors.
- Easy vendor creation.
- Approvals are limited. We were unable to create custom approval flows based on the type of expense/department.
Bill.com is less suited for organizations that have a more robust procurement process as approvals are limited to a few individuals based on dollar thresholds. Bill.com is most lacking in the ability to create customized approval workflows enabling different departments or users to approve invoices.
- Integrate with QuickBooks.
- Allow you to run payments without seeing full account numbers.
- Control over what account the deposits show in QuickBooks.
- Be able to specify a specific payment to run every month but not all invoices for a particular customer.
- Tie into Connectwise (right now I have to do multiple syncs to get information back and forth between 3 programs).
- Auto payments with credit cards would be nice.
- Ease of use.
- Very fast approval times.
- Documentation retention.
- Synching with accounting software.
- Requested approval due by dates.
- Audit logs.
- Document management.
- Syncs with Quickbooks Desktop and QBO.
- Sends invoices and allows automatic payments.
- There is an issue with syncing all the data from a QBO invoice to Bill.com. It does not transfer billable expenses to the Bill.com copy.
- It does not sync a copy of the bill or invoice to QBO.